All Comments on 'Four Year Itch'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 247 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Paint by numbers. 2*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"In the end she went. What did she have to lose?" No woman who has figured the intricacies of using tampons, pads and panty liners would be that stupid under the circumstances. Unless the wife requires intimate assistance with personal hygiene during her menstral flow, this story serves only to demonstrate the author's misogyny. No cunt is as stupid as those that fill his daily masturbatory fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too short, too simple, flawed. But a 5, as while flawed, it was simple but had potential. Maybe he had to get away, but I'd have preferred he stayed local... let het stew in her own, unhappy, with an often reminded local rep. If she dislikes it, SHE cam move. But yeah, noone in love does... contemplates, what she did.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

And a Pepsi. 🤣

IndrasIndrasover 1 year ago

Overly concise and sterile, reads like a police report, not a story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Short, sweet and to the point. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes a husband really reacts like that! Worked very much like that for me after 10 years. Nothing half cocked at all about the reaction. Trust is far more fragile than fidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

On the 2nd part, I mistakenly wrote that I liked THAT part more than this one. This was the much better one- Bill acted in the only way he probably could. The only regrets to this is that the dialogue is missing, both Jake & Joan & Joan with Bill. Maybe some counseling? Then, on the other hand, she's wanting to go on a weekend with a co-lawyer she just met for sex, so... WTF?

.... Probably the biggest flaw, to me, was the lack of dialogue, which separates this story from most. And makes it weaker. However, liking it overall, a whopping 4 stars (if there was the dialogue to deepen the story, no doubt a 5'er.) BTW: What happened with Bill & the woman he's dating? Another piece of the puzzle missing. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He has no cause of action against her law firm in any state that I am aware of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Joan was really stupid to make the request. As horrid a decision it is to make her better option was just to cheat and see if she could get away with it. Far better is that she just NOT cheat. Really dumb that fater husband leaves she goes with Jake for the weekend. Grass is usually nit greener with sex. She didn't get the illicit secret sex multiplier and the sex was comparable to hubby. Remember spouses if they love and luat each other and are considerate and giving, with time get better and better with sex with one another. They often have an edge in terms of experience and shared fantasies. It is usually the hidden secret illicit sex that excites a cheater with the idea they get away with it and pull one on their spouse. But in her case hubby had already flown the coop. Really stupid to think she wasn't being watched. So for sex for a weekend no better than what she has with her husband, she tosses everything away. Did the firm have a non fraternization policy? Regardless why woukd he win a settlement from the firm? Jake was not her boss or a partner. More nuanced story would be if she turned Jake down after MC left and was trying to find him. Then gets down to what husband decides to do. Could go either way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. A wife who loves her husband either kicks the guy in the balls to make sure he gets the message or tells her husband he needs to send a message to the predator. Bill would have taken his head off and settled things once and for all. He was beyond correct to get the hell away from her and never speak to her again. Her "love" was fickle at best. Don't waste your life with a selfish stupid woman when there are amazing women out there nothing like this cheating slut.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

Lacked the confrontation necessary to earn 5*

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 1 year ago

Sadly, average at best. Cardboard characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The problem was that, as a plumber, it takes a LOT of tools and a truck to be a decent plumber, yet you had him drive away in a rental car. And his wife didn't care enough about him and their marriage to contest? Not much of a marriage.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Well short and sweet, I think that’s what I would do, but life isn’t always that simple, but I did like how you wrote this,

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

I admire the cuckold for never giving in to Femdom agitprop by becoming the bitch’s cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Joan and Jake are total idiots to go through with it. Joan is a moron for listening to Jake. And I thr end for Medicare sex no better than what she had with her husband. Which is already factoring in the illicit, excitement bump. So objectively worse. Meaning in a parallel universe where she fucked Jake for a long time, the sex would be worse than what she had with her husband. Anyways sheer idiocy. If she really wanted it so bed then do the highly immoral but smart thing and just do it in secret and roll the dice. It is morally wrong and will probably eat away at their marriage over time or cause her to feel entitled to having more affairs, but at least it isn't an instant mortal wound to her marriage. Maybe if she had backed off and begged four counseling, maybe. But depends on what their marriage was like and what her husband is like. They also had no kids and only 4 years in. Doesn't look good. But then her decision to go anyways. How crazily stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Here we go again. A typical LW husband who is incapable of talking things over with his wife, who gets all morally superior for no good reason, who just leaves everything behind over one incident in which nothing actually happened. I’m beginning to suspect most LW authors just cannot write the dialog to take this kind of story in a different direction, a direction of complexity, emotional nuance, and yes, maturity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story with a strong set of right and wrong in the eyes of the husband.

As for the anonymous poster below, moral superiority and maturity are strong character traits in someone devoted to monogomy.

Are you on the side of "Cheating is OK as long as no one knows", or are you not married?

If either of the above are true, I pity the partner in ANY relationship that you may have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

'He [Jake]was a complete fool to go through with the weekend when he knew that Joan's husband had walked out on her. What did he think would happen?'

===> indeed Jake was a total idiot. Of course Joan was a moron as well. Who in real life actually asks their spouse to have an extramarital fling? Huh? The smart (and moral) thing is to NOT have an extramarital liaison. But, if the one spouse has worked up to thrnpoint that they are going ASK their spouse for permission, then they must really want it and if they cannot find a way to resist it and get on with their marriage, then they are better off actually going behind their spouse's back (though morally repugnant) and hoping against hope that they are never found out. They take a risk for what they think is a payoffnthatbthey want. But when they ask upfront, this is just to salve their conscience, in the hope their spouse says yes, and if not that they will back off and marriage is not harmed. This story and its sibking stories, clearly show the flaw in that argument. Just asking does immense damage to the marriage, raising the spectre of insecurity, breach of trust, and disrespect. While that alone may not be enough to kill the marriage, it certainly puts it in mortal jeopardy. Also let's be frank the likelihood that the posuse will assent to their partner having a weekend fling is slim to none, and if they do grant it, either they are cheating also or the spouse who asked will lose respect for the one who granted permission. So this is a no win situation for the marriage. I tend to like this plot thread when it is clear the spouse is basically suffering from a mental illness (depression from a miscarriage), temporary mental insanity (obsession due to intense seduction via a sexual predator), a hall pass (maybe a revenge fuck pass after other party had previously cheated), or some other inscrutable reasons that play out in the story. But beyond exploring the likely outcomes as in this story (and its siblings), there is no reason otherwise to ASK ahead of time. That just has negative payoffs ultimately. If the spouse who asks is so enamored of their new sexual prospect then just do it in secret. If they get away with it, then while it may still erode the marriage or lead to continued repeats, which will certainly kill the marriage and be found out, they can at least get their payoff with what they believe will be minimal risk. Immoral but more logical. Then again, a fundamentally decent spouse who goes through with this in secret, will have a lot of guilt. Their only hope then is probably to confess and pray for mercy, to own up to what they did and why and hope for reconciliation. In reality confession increases thr odd of NOT getting a divorce after adultery by three fold (20% to 60%). Doesn't mean marriage won't be damaged. But if their guilt is really strong, there is a strong possibility they will erode their marriage. Some can handle it and just let it fade with time, never falling to temptation again, others need to come clean or they wreck their marriage and themselves over time. Then again many in this position are not fundamentally decent, their guilt (if any) slips away quickly, and they may even get a thrill out of getting away with it. Those will be your repeat offenders, and they will end up destroying their marriage anyways, whether overtly by being caught or covertly, poisoning it from within as contempt grows for their spouse and they emotionally check out of the marriage. So yeah asking is almost always the stupidest thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She cheated the first time she spoke with another man about her personal life instead of keeping it professional. She cheated by going to lunch with him. The hug was wrong. The kiss was a betrayal.

I’ve noticed that this is a common theme with this author. They seem to believe that adultery happens when the penis enters the vagina, and everything else isn’t cheating and is no big deal.

Maybe if demander wrote a story about a man sharing his personal life with a woman he works with, taking her to lunch, hugging and kissing her, and then saying that I haven’t cheated yet, but I want to; people would get how absurd that position is!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

People suggesting he was mean-spirited or juvinile for leaving without talking clearly have never been in that position. What is there to talk about? "I'm sorry I won't do it, blah, blah, blah. Bill's point is valid. She brought it up, she wanted to do it, she was a cheating skank slut. Who would want to talk to a wife like this, much less have children with such a shallow whore? Cudo's to him for making the tough decision and getting as far away from this selfish betrayer as possible. Well done!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd212 months ago

stupid. She went ahead with the affair or fling. They might have recovered prior to that. After, no way.

shadrachtshadracht12 months ago

Too fast to be enjoyable. Felt like just a list of events that happened. Nothing had any weight.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Jake said that she should simply ask Bill for permission. Tell him that she needed a fling before she settled into kid making. Just the weekend, then no more. She might learn new stuff that would help them in bed. She just listened to this. She was getting wet. If Bill loved her, he might agree. Jake knew that he had convinced her."

.

See? That's the basic premise for every one of this kind of story. Some have more details, more layers, more drama, but ALL of them boil down to this: "If Bill loved her, he might agree." Of course, if Bill does not agree, then he obviously doesn't love her because there is no way that he would be so selfish as to deny her this one big thrill. But if he doesn't love her, then why NOT do it? If he doesn't love her then who cares what he thinks or feels? If you're gonna do it either way then why ask? It takes the same amount of effort to get permission as it does forgiveness. Besides, if he really DOES love her then he will forgive her right away. Right?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ur on a roll with stupid stories

Opinionated1Opinionated111 months ago

your writing feels like something Jack Webb would have done in his Dragnet series:

"This is the city, Los Angeles California., where a really stupid wife asked her

loyal loving hard working husband for a weekend fling

prior to settling down and having babies. She was so preoccupied

with her hopes for euphorical sex beyond her dreams, she had mentally set aside

her dear husband's very strict and unwavering beliefs about marriage vows.

Here are the results of this confrontation:

He packed his bag and hit the road never to be heard from again until he filed for divorce

and sued her lover and employer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Finally, a story that actually makes sense, that has some realism and some justice as well. Thank you.

Q1000Q10008 months ago

Rot really a story, it's more a kind of report.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA7 months ago

Think about it...Why would a faithful, loving spouse have to talk with their cheating spouse Obviously, she wasn't against it and would have done it eventually. What loosens in a person's head that activates the cheater gene?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She did not totally want to fuck the guy and after actualy asking her husbands permission for short fling hubby doesn't say no, end of story. Instead he immediatly goes for divorce and leaves. No counseling, no discussion, noe respose to her apology. She's still young and can easily dins another man who so stone cold hard and insecure.

CamdudeCamdude6 months ago

The man was not stone cold or insecure.He was intelligent and recognized that his wife, deep down, wanted out of the marriage.Rather than going through the song and dance of counseling, then worrying about what she was doing at any given time, then later finding out she was cheating anyway,he cut his losses.When a spouse suggests something like this, its over.Spare and well written.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I totally agree with the anon from a month ago; I planned to write something very similar. At least he could've asked why, even had a mini talk about it before he left. But h quit his job & all just like that? Does not compute. He seems to've acted as irrationally as she did in thinking he'd agree with the fling. If he did leave, stay in the job, stay locally, then talk it over or demand counseling. He did neither.

The lack of dialogue is amazing. There's also NOTHING about what happened (mostly with him) after the divorce & in that town for a while. It's good to write a short story, but don't make it so short integral parts are missing.

I was thinking of 3 stars, but after writing this, I can't give it more than 2. Tragedy: written properly, it could've probably been a 4. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good, not great, story. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lazy lazy lazy

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked the premise of this story, though it felt a little flat. Gald to see there is a part two. It's nice not to read a story that has all the dribble about why. The why isn't important. I agree with the MC, the marriage is over. I would never be able to trust her again. Ten years down the road, I would be wondering if she had fucked anyone.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Do research before you write this crap

Plumbers have a truck to carry their tools over the years he would acquire plenty

He would never leave them behind

Gave it a 1 start

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Can't get past how dumb Jake is. First the obvious ploy about "being on loan". Second, once he husband left town. Back off! He played his hand and provoked a strong, response that should raise red flags. It isn't about Ethridge law suit. It is about potential payback whether infonsent to his own wife or getting roughed up. And he got demoted. Wtf? I see this in so many LW stories where some partner at a law firm or a senior doctor at a hospital, push things via lengthy seduction, drugging, blackmail, etc. And yet they themselves have a lot to lose (career, wife, family, reputation, etc.) Sure if a predator wannabe is single and is not sh$thing where he eats then the biggest risk is an irate husband. But those long seduction that are not intended to lead to a new romantic long term relationship, will invariably lead to revenge whether physical, financial, legal, or marital (if the predator is married). I get that people do stupid things, but serial predators on the make have to be a LOT smarter how they do things to NOT get caught. Because if caught they get caught, they often stand to also lose a lot. Again not so naive to think that it doesn't happen, but the apparent frequency in LW stories is way overstated, especially in the modern age of "me too" movement and sexual harassment awareness. Yes Jake tried a long seduction and failed. So he pulled out what he thought was his big card to play. But if the husband says "no", which like 98% of the time, then he is ope to a possible sh$storm of retribution down the line. Worse after he learned that Bill fled and abandoned his wife, he STILL went through with it. Bill was a passive, non confrontational guy, but Jake doesn't know this. He has no idea what may be coming. So he jumps into bed with Joan? Opening himself to what comes one year later. Jake is too dumb to be high up in a law firm. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dumb all the way around. A $75K settlement was nothing to these guys, and his attorney got between a third and a half. His action of running away, her action of going along with Jake... not believable.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Is it written on a cocktail napkin or the palm of your hand? Please answer, because I've got a $5 bet riding on one of those.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 2 months ago

The true story is much shorter than the fantasy...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hubby was a dick. Not bothering to hear her out for a second. Maybe he'll have a perfect wife in the future but he doesn't deserve on.

desecrationdesecration27 days ago

Realistic. "I married a moron," he realized. "Our kids will be part-moron." He escaped just in time.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel5 days ago

"Our kids will be part moron". Oh man, desecration slayed me with that one. So funny.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous