All Comments on 'Fourth Vector Ch. 44'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
dwoelfledwoelfleover 2 years ago

Still a good story, but it is starting to move very slowly. Hope the pace picks up.

Taurus59Taurus59over 2 years ago

I have come to like Ambros. I hope him and Jack will always be friends. I read that way too fast and now I have another couple of weeks wait for the next installment. Great story.

bugsy_911bugsy_911over 2 years ago

One thing I would really appreciate would be a map of this world. There have been many plot points that rely on geography and it would be nice to have a visual representation to accompany the vivid descriptions that have been given

CJMcCormickCJMcCormickover 2 years agoAuthor

Bugsy:

I have about 20 different maps available for Fourth Vector including world maps, regional maps, and maps of some important battles. If you're interested, they are on my Patreon but it's behind the pay wall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAR is afoot. Clean your rifle and sharpen ur sword.

Speaking of swords will Jack be using his magic heavy blade? Seems that Old injuries are taking a toll.

MulBe039MulBe039about 2 years ago

I get that the Lishkerra Storyline was pretty big on the YIKES factor, but are we really never going to revisit that again? With Jack's magic bloodline being very important, and them having magic cloaking technology, I have to think that that country would need to be talked about some more.

Also, the way you treat the material in your lore, shouldn't the Javan ships run out of Polonium at some point since that technology isn't available in the West?

You have also established that submarines exist in this universe, but then they were never mentioned again. Nobody in the West has ever even talked about them. With the way you portray Bancroft, I think this is a plotpoint worth revisiting, because he definitely seems like the kind of guy who would use those in naval warfare.

I also think that you were a little rash in skipping over six entire months to be honest.

Considering your original pacing of the story, I think that way to little noteworthy stuff has happened in those 6 months in most plotlines. It is a really big strain on the suspension of disbelief if you ask me.

There also seem to be more islands in the Fourth Vector. Even tough they were never at war with Swabia, I have to believe SOMEONE would have at least tried to get reinforcemts from those Islands to update them on the situation that WW1 is about to start

CJMcCormickCJMcCormickabout 2 years agoAuthor

MulBe:

You bring up some good points, so let me address these. As far as Lishkerra, yes, we will revisit here once more before the story ends. Since the Lishkerrans wanted no part of Jack's alliance, they've been put on the backburner for now. Their low numbers don't really make them an ideal ally anyway, despite the cloaking technology. We will make a brief stop in Lishkerra before the end but that's why they haven't played a bigger role.

As far as the ships, yes, Polonium would theoretically run out soon on some of the older ships but remember most of the ships in Jack's force are of a newer design. I imagined the Polonium to be like nuclear fueling in that they only need "refueled" once every twenty years or so, and that's if it's never touched at all during the entire twenty year life cycle, which it isn't. In this case, the Centurion would probably need it first, but that's not going to be addressed as it's outside the scope of this series.

As far as submarines, my original plan wasn't to have them in the series at all, but that changed slightly as I wrote the first chapter. The status of them now is that some nations have them (Occitanians) but they are relatively few in number. I like to think of it as technology that just never took off (or never took off yet with their current time frame). In any event, I wouldn't expect you to see any more of them in the series.

I knew I ran the risk of the six month jump alienating some people but I thought it was necessary to get to the point I wanted to get. Now, is that saying that we couldn't have had a chapter someone in-between to update everyone? Sure, we could have had that but I didn't think it would be too big of a deal since nothing major happens within those six months (or else I would have stopped to tell that story).

Yes, there are more islands in the Fourth Vector to the north. At various times, I've referred to the lands of Kish, Angarsk, Zarand, and Cevanos. Most of these are much smaller than the main islands to the south so not as important. However, one reason why I didn't touch these islands is because I'm leaving the door open for a potential sequel that might involve them and another yet-to-be-determined land.

Hope I answered your questions, and if I missed anything, please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you all for the comments! 😊

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES