All Comments on 'Fox, Satyr, Dragon Pt. 01'

by CryingJester

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting, a little slow, and lots of loose sex occurring rather rapidly. Branigan seems to have made some sort of self-sacrifice in the past that was caused or influenced by professors at the school, especially his dad and Anne. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story and character development. Well edited (not too many mistakes observed). Characters are compelling, but the world is different enough to feel strange, and thus requires concentration to keep looking for defining details.

I read it straight through, and am looking forward to the next section.

Good Job

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is straight up amazing. I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good.

I'm used to speculative fiction that makes you work to suss out the quirks of the setting, but I'm surprised that there hasn't been any hints about, or acknowledgement of, the apparent universal polyamory and pansexuality here. Are they features of the setting, or just these characters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your writing is really good. It's very pleasant to read. Enjoyed reading the story. However, the plot is really slow. A lot of small things and nothings. All we got from the whole chapter with thousands of words is some idea of the main characters and how Bran had made a huge sacrifice. The emphasis on character development is commendable, but I feel you've gone overboard with it. After reading the chapter, I was left with the feeling that I have watched tens of episodes of a daily soap where actually nothing of note has happened. I could have just watched the very first episode and skipped to the next one I haven't watched yet and wouldn't have missed anything.

On a different note, Panasia is Pan-Asia, right? So South Panasia is the Indian Subcontinent and East Panasia is Far East. I guess that makes Persia either the Middle East or the Central Asia, including Iran in any case. And the Empire is probably Europe. Am I correct in my assumption?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really well done. Thank you for this gift to your readers. I note some of the commenters complaining (slightly) about pace, but I think your world-building and slow-ish reveal of Bran's backstory is great. I haven't jumped ahead to part 2, there's an implication that that will be the end. I will be sorry but grateful. I would love to read more of this universe and your characters, Thank you.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 2 years ago

Oh my goodness. This is a treasure. Exceptionally well written, no exposition dump, long enough to sink one's teeth into... With fascinating, deep characters and wonderful worldbuilding.

I sincerely, sincerely hope that part two won't be the end, as others have suggested. I am in love with this story. (But hey, even if it is, you've earned yourself a reader for life.)

goo_neiggoo_neigover 2 years ago

I like the story so far.

It is a smooth style to read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCryingJester@CryingJester
I really appreciate kind and/or constructive feedback so feel free to leave a comment on a story or message me directly. My stories are generally stand alone. But if you plan on reading all of them, and certain fetishes aren't an issue, I recommend reading them in the order t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES