Fox, Satyr, Dragon Pt. 01

Story Info
Magical school. Sexy students. What are you waiting for?
57k words
4.8
10.2k
38

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/28/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: An erotic fantasy for y'all! Unlike my other stories, this one DOESN'T have incest. I see this as a story with smut in it as opposed to smut with a story. Hope that distinction makes it clear if you want to give this a read or not.

The whole story is done but I've split it into two parts. This first part contains less smut. The second part contains way more. I split the book in two to make it easier for readers to not have a billion pages to shift through. I'll be submitting the second part right after this one is posted. So if you want, you can wait for both parts to be available before you start the story.

For the people that have been waiting for me to write more incest: I promise it's coming. My time was taken up by the real world and this story. Stay tuned. Ideally, there are those among you that love fantasy stories as well.

Chapter 1: A New(ish) Face

Natalia stepped out of the coffee shop and stopped directly under the awning after noticing the lazily falling rain. So lazy that she felt that, if she was careful, she could walk around each individual droplet all the way back to the school and not get the slightest bit wet. As tempting as it was to try, she murmured a simple spell of deflection over herself. Since she was not clear in her intent, she stepped out into the rain and got her clothes wet while her hair and skin remained completely dry. She swore but decided to continue on. Had it been raining harder she would have banished the spell and tried again but she didn't mind her shirt and jeans getting slightly wet.

The rain brought chill with it and that chill was not deflected by Natalia's spell. As the rain slid right off her, it left behind vestiges of its cold. Little by little, drop by drop, Natalia's discomfort increased until it finally ran up from the base of her spine to her skull and made her shiver. Again she decided to persevere since the school was not far off, only a three mile walk. She was just grateful that her parents had gifted her a waterproof backpack so she wouldn't have to worry about casting spells properly in a town that rained more often than it didn't. Reasonably the frequent rain should result in students and teachers carrying around umbrellas but it instead made them more reliant on their magic. Magic couldn't be forgotten in a corner of a coffee shop.

"Classic mistakes." Said a man that was suddenly strolling alongside her. "Used to make them all the time when I was younger."

Natalia flinched and stumbled to the side, stopping just short of stepping onto the road. "S-s-sorry?"

"Your deflection spell. Deflecting the water but not the cold it carries, on top of letting it soak your clothes." The man smiled. "Scope and intent are easy enough concepts to understand but very difficult to carry out. Especially if your fein is troubled."

He got past my wards without me sensing him. How? Natalie frowned at him.

He smiled at her. "You can call me Branigan."

She actively pushed herself to not think about how charming that smile was. He hadn't even cast a mesmer on her. Just a natural smile had sunk deep past any emotional defenses she had. And its familiarity. Had she seen it before? Did he live in the area? "Who are you?"

"Who I am is information you'll have to earn. Can't just be giving that out willy nilly." He smiled again. Again she felt the need to trust him immediately. "But like I said two moments ago, you can call me Branigan. You can even call me Bran."

"Not what I meant." She said, fists clenching in her pockets. "Why are you speaking to me?"

"Ah. I see." Branigan nodded slowly, then faced straight ahead and lowered his voice. "There's a gentleman following us. Well. Following you. As a man who doesn't make a habit of following lone women, I grew concerned. If you'd like, we can continue walking as if we're friends. If you wouldn't like that, just let me know and I'll mind my own business."

It took all of Natalia's self control to not look behind herself. Her fists remained clenched. "What does he look like?" She had a solid guess.

"Annoyingly tall. Brown, curly hair parted in the middle. Pale." Branigan said, kicking along a stone he had come across. "Wispy mustache that would look awful if he wasn't so handsome. Seriously. He's a looker. I'd understand if you turned around and your jaw dropped once you saw him."

Her guess had been right. "Stay with me, please."

"Sure." Branigan said. The stone clattered along with them. "Headed to Foxcastle?"

"Yes, sir."

"Sir?" Branigan groaned. "How old do you think I am?"

Natalia glanced at him. He had an extremely youthful, light brown face under his stubble and his eyes were like embered charcoal, glimmering with an inner light. At the most he was 18, like her. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't look at you properly before. Are you a new student?"

"Nope. You were right. You should be calling me sir." Branigan winked. "Not a student."

"Then how did you know I'm a Dra? Are you a teacher?"

"Do you have to be a Foxcastle student or teacher to identify Dra?"

"...No."

"There you go." Branigan said. "What's your name?"

"You can call me Natalia. You can even call me Nat." She said, imitating his exact tone from when he had introduced himself a second time.

"Clever." Branigan chuckled, stepping over the stone instead of kicking it. Then, when his foot was on its other side, he whipped it backwards by staging it as an awkward trip. The stone rocketed away and there was a satisfying 'OW!' a second later. "Did you hear something?"

Natalia bit back a laugh. "No."

"Interesting. Maybe I am old." Branigan sighed. "Hearing things."

"So sad."

Branigan shrugged. "Quite."

The two walked all the way to Foxcastle, chatting easily and forgetting the man that had been following Natalia. When they got to the castle gates, Branigan waved goodbye and strolled off towards the main building. Natalia waved him off until he turned away, then continued her own walk towards the dormitories. As she walked she had two stark realizations. One: he had avoided mentioning anything of substance about himself during their three mile walk from Foxden, including what he was doing at Foxcastle if he wasn't a student or a teacher. Two: only a powerful Dra could disable her wards and get past them without detection. Unless she had messed up the casting. Which was also likely.

"Hey, Nat." Sasha called from her bed but didn't stop reading her magazine. "You're back soon."

"Couldn't concentrate." Natalia took her shoes off, dropped her bag off next to her desk, then laid down on Sasha's bed. She cuddled up to the girl, idly reading the article Sasha was reading but not remembering any of the words long enough to comprehend it. "Lucas followed me back."

Sasha tossed the magazine aside and sat up. "What? Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. He stayed way outside my wards. Didn't notice him until someone else pointed it out."

"Someone else?" Sasha frowned, her blue eyes clouding with suspicion. "Who?"

"I don't know." Nat shrugged, still laying down. "He introduced himself as Branigan and that's it."

"Branigan? Branigan who?" Sasha frowned. That name felt familiar, teasing at her curiosity for a moment before fading away.

"Didn't say."

"Creep."

"Hey don't be mean, he helped me!"

"Did you tell him your last name?"

"Of course not." Natalia said. "He walked me all the way to the gates and then went off to the main building."

"Tell me everything from the top to bottom."

Natalia sighed then told her, starting from fumbling the deflection spell to Branigan telling her about Lucas following her to the things they talked about on the walk to Foxcastle. "It's a bit disconcerting but I think he's harmless, Sasha."

"Yeah. Totally harmless. Definitely not at all suspicious to just walk on through a Dra's wards!"

"They're meant to warn me about danger, not just anyone walking through them."

Sasha got off the bed and walked to the door. Then she turned around and began walking back, stopping just inside the spot of Natalia's ward radius. "Your wards went off, didn't they? Just like mine did?"

"Yeah."

"Are either of us a danger to the other?"

"No."

"Yet they went off!" Sasha said. "Because the potential still exists. We don't set off the defensive wards for each other, but we do trigger the warning ones." She crossed her arms. "So what the hell is this Branigan guy doing just walking on through?"

"I still don't think he's anyone to worry about." Natalia said. "So what if he's a bit mysterious? He helped me at the end of the day. And he even felt really familiar. Maybe I know him."

"The Empire and The United Front were allies during the Tundra War. Remember what happened after the war ended?"

Natalia rolled her eyes. "Oh my God don't be so dramatic!"

"To get past a ward, you have to actively dismantle it like a sneaky bastard. To do it without tipping off the caster, you have to be an extra sneaky bastard."

"Or you could just get through a ward without setting it off. No dismantling involved."

"He got past your warning ward!" Natalia stomped her foot. "Even I can't get past your warning ward. Hell fuck me... I bet even your parents can't."

Natalia pinched the bridge of her nose and squeezed her eyes shut. "By the Advent, Sash! Why are we talking about Branigan instead of Lucas?"

"Because Lucas kept his distance."

"He still followed me."

"...Fine." Sasha sat back down, crossing one leg while the other dangled over the side of the bed. She rubbed Natalia's leg comfortingly. "Want me to talk to Grandpa about him?"

"And get him expelled? No. Different plan."

"He's a creep that follows girls. He deserves to get expelled."

"Breakups are hard."

"Ummm hello I broke up with Rex!" Sasha said. "He took the breakup so well that it made me want to take him back."

"Rex is just a great guy in general."

"He is." Sasha said. "I'm not done talking about Lucas."

"If you tell your Grandpa, Lucas's life will be ruined."

"Lucas made you miserable for pretty much the entire time you were together." Sasha said. "And now, he's still making you miserable! He's the reason you fucked up something as simple as concentrating on casting a deflection spell. You can't get him out of your head and it's ruining your fein."

Natalia's eyes narrowed and she got up off Sasha's bed and went to put her shoes back on. "I'm going to the school library."

"Nat... I didn't mean it like that." Sasha stood but didn't try to stop her. "It's not your fault."

"See you later."

"Alright." Sasha sighed. "Later."

***

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come."

"There are still two more days until the school year starts. I wanted to spend as much time with my parents as I could." Branigan smiled. "You think I pushed it too far?"

"Clearly not."

Branigan took a seat at the mahogany desk. The desk was placed close to the wall facing the door, and the wall itself was covered by a floor to ceiling bookshelf filled to the brim. "Don't see why you gave me this job instead of something else, Neil. Could do it yourself. You'd enjoy it."

"More than being Headmaster?" Neil said, his blue eyes twinkling. He leaned back in his chair and gripped the armrests lightly before tapping on them. "Perhaps when I retire from this."

"You'd have to fire me first though."

"I'd do it in a heartbeat." Neil laughed, his jowls jiggling. If it weren't for his head of full, white hair, Neil would look exactly like former Brittanian Prime Minister Winston Templehill. "How have you been, Bran?"

"I have been."

"Vague as usual."

"I am my father's son."

"Indeed." Neil said, eyes dimming. He still looks so young. Even after six years. He thought. "Now answer me properly. How have you been?"

"This school will be good for me. Can already feel it."

"I dearly hope so, Bran. I dearly, dearly hope Arthur was right in his guess."

"How have you been, Neil?"

"Excellent though I miss the days when you called me Headmaster Blackvine."

"Keep missing them, Neil." Branigan laughed. "This is a privilege I won't so easily give up."

"I'm sure." Neil said, tapping his armrests. "My granddaughter attends this school."

"She attended it when I did."

"Yes but she is now of age." Neil said. "Let me get right to the point. Under normal circumstances, I would not prohibit a relationship between you and her. It's well known I have a fondness for you and I would be delighted if you were romantically involved with any member of my family. But, as of now, you are an employee of Foxcastle School of Magic. Romantic relationships between faculty and students are strictly forbidden. Love is love but the power dynamic is a risk."

"I'm not a teacher. I hold no power over the students."

"It's a blanket rule. No exceptions."

"How about faculty and faculty relationships?" Branigan grinned. "Professor Blackvine is still teaching. I'm not sure how she does it with all the research she's also doing."

"Happily married to her husband and wife." Neil said smoothly. "I do not believe they're looking for another, especially one so young."

"I'm told I have an old soul, Neil."

The Headmaster paused at that, then smiled to ease the tension he was feeling. "You get Anette and her spouses to agree, then you have my blessing."

"I'll get started."

"You do that." Neil said. "You were given a cabin as you requested."

"By the lake?"

"By the lake."

"Wonderful." Branigan said. "I can't do anything with them, but I can still admire them in their swimsuits."

"Do not make me regret giving you what you asked for, Bran."

"You won't, Neil." Branigan relaxed his teasing smirk, and gave the old man a simple, gentle smile. As kind as he looked, it aged him. Beyond his 24 years. "I'll admire them like I admire a sunrise. Youth has a bittersweet beauty that goes beyond anything erotic." Then, in a flash, he looked 18 again.

Neil paused again, this time he caved to the tension. As much as it hurt to see Branigan defy aging, it hurt more to see him look older than he was supposed to. "Are you truly okay, Branigan?"

"I'm safe."

"You are." Neil nodded. "Foxcastle will be a home for you."

"Ideally, it stays a home."

"Yes, Bran. Ideally." Neil said. He opened a drawer in his desk and took out a small envelope. "This contains two sets of keys. Would you like to be escorted to your cabin? Your things are already there of course."

"I'll be fine. Going to walk around the school a bit. Visit old haunts." Branigan took the envelope and stood up, shoving it into a pocket lining the inside of his tweed suit jacket. "Which cabin?"

"Third one in the line." Neil said. "White door."

"Mmm. I think I'll paint it a different color." Branigan pushed the chair back to its place and took another look around the room. "It was odd sitting here without being in trouble."

"Keep those memories as nostalgia."

"What was your granddaughter's name again?"

"Good evening, Bran."

"Does she take after Anette or your wife? Sure hope it's not you."

"Good evening, Bran."

"I'll find out eventually."

"Good evening, Bran."

"Good evening, Neil." Branigan laughed and opened the door. "Neil?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"No thank you needed..." Neil saw the look on Branigan's face. "You're welcome, Bran. Anything for a friend."

Branigan left the Headmaster's office and tapped the knocker three times followed by a counterclockwise twist of the doorknob. This was to activate the security spells so Neil wouldn't have to get up to do it himself and to test if that authority had been granted to Branigan. Since he wasn't vaulted down the stairwell, he took the answer to be yes. He strolled down the halls of the castle, smiling at students he recognized though they were much older now. He was met with confused smiles in return for the most part, except for the few that waved enthusiastically.

"Whoa! You're back!" An eighth year walked over and shook Branigan's hand. "How are you?"

"Good." Branigan said. "How about you, Glen? Your family well?"

"I'm good. We're all good." Glen smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Ol' Blackvine is letting me walk around a bit and wade in the nostalgia."

"Ahh gotcha." Glen said. "Well I have to get going. It was really nice seeing you again, Bran. It'd be nice if you were staying longer."

"If you say so." Branigan chuckled, watching Glen walk away before resuming his walk. The stone beneath his feet felt familiar, as if he had never graduated and left six years ago. A smile he couldn't control took grip of his lips and his walk turned into a strut, his waves turned into finger guns and winking, and he felt a younger version of him settle itself back on his shoulders.

"You!" A familiar voice assaulted his ears.

"Me!" He turned to face the voice. "Hello, again, Natalia."

The girl sped over, lips pursed. Her eyes twinkled. "You're still here."

"Very observant."

"Ha ha." Natalia rolled her eyes. They were large and brown. Likely amber in the sunlight. "I never thanked you."

"For what?"

"For helping me earlier. With Lucas."

"For that? That was nothing."

"Not to me."

"Fair enough." Branigan said. "Does he bother you a lot?"

Natalia hesitated, then shook her head. "No it's fine."

"Don't believe you." Branigan said. "But you're a grown woman and can take care of yourself."

"Oh. Uhm." Natalia's eyebrows raised. "Thank you."

"Grown women are adults though." Branigan continued. "And adults often forget they can ask for help."

"I don't need help."

"Didn't say you did. Just making general commentary." Branigan sensed she was about to ask a question and pressed through anyway, pointing at her backpack. "Studying? The semester hasn't started."

"I'm reviewing my summer homework. It's due on Monday and I'm making sure there's nothing wrong."

You're one of those, eh? Branigan thought, smiling to himself. "Need help?"

"I can manage." Natalia said. "Did you used to go here? You're really familiar."

"Should you be flirting with a man you hardly know?"

"F-flirting?!" Natalia blushed hot pink. "It was just a question!"

"Common flirt question." Branigan leaned against the wall with a hand, maintaining a safe distance from her but closer than he was before. "Do I know you? Hmm? Your face is familiar."

"I..." Natalia's blush deepened. "I really wasn't!"

"I know." Branigan stopped leaning. "Do you happen to know who Headmaster Blackvine's granddaughter is?"

Natalia spluttered for a moment before recovering. "Yeah she-"

"BRANIGAN!"

Branigan turned as slowly as he could, caring more about looking at Natalia's blushing face. When he was facing the beautiful blonde woman that had shouted at him half a second ago, he nodded in greeting. "Anette. Hello."

"Let me speak to him in private, dear." Anette waved Natalia away. The girl seemed glad for an escape but she did look back at Branigan. To her shame, he caught her glance. "Dad told me you were back. How are you, Branigan?"

"Excellent now that I've seen your face." Branigan smiled. "Gone far too long without it."

"Haven't changed at all." Anette slapped his arm in good humor. "How is Sim...How is your mother?"

"Good. Worried." Branigan said. "Like most mothers."

"I am glad to hear it."

"That she's worried?"

"That she's good."

"How are the spouses?"

"Mathias and Chel are both well." Anette said. "Visit us sometime for dinner."

"I will, the second I get bored of cooking for myself."

"So never."

"Not at all! I'll definitely come. I want to meet Chel." Branigan said. "I was walking around the school. Reliving memories. Want to join me?"