All Comments on 'Fragile Male Ego, in 750 Words'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments
dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

What's good for the goose..........................Nicely done! 5 stars

Storm113Storm1134 months ago

Not a good 750 story. Needs the whole thing. 3*

jazzharpjazzharp4 months ago

Average. Way too many of these stories from you and everybody else.

I'd prefer to read how the wifey repairs the damage or tries to. Brenda could have cancelled her date after receiving her envelope, as you said. That would have been a more interesting story to me.

GarySmith69GarySmith694 months ago

Well if a wife or husband goes on a "date" with someone then the other person is entitled to do the same thing. Why should amyone sit at home twiddling thier thumbs?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Love your 750 word stories! Keep them coming.

5

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft4 months ago

A nicely focused bit of ego jujitsu there. :) 5

demanderdemander4 months ago

But if she called off the date, why would he keep her? She made the date in the first place. In the imortal words of Porky, 'That's all, Folks.' D

deadonedeadone4 months ago

This is his obligation, nay, his duty to go out with other women.

The population is roughly 50% male, meaning all those single men dating married women are depriving the single women of romance. Therefore when the wife starts to date again the husband must step up and date single women to maintain gender equality!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Did what you said you would in a pretty complete story. 4.3*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith4 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Good one.

Lector77Lector774 months ago

More than 750, or, to be imprecise, more than ~750 would be a superfluity.

Nicely done.

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Was worth a 4*.

Buster2UBuster2U4 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars for a very interesting read. However, the commenters before me seem to think less of your great writing than I do. They must be literary professors from Yale or Harvard to be able to speak with so much authority. I liked a New take on a typical old Trope. thanks for your Effort. Buster2U

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Nice short story! 4*

Freddog6601Freddog66014 months ago

Creative story on a well trod path. Sometimes shorter is better.

Well done.

someoneothersomeoneother4 months ago

Not one novel idea in the story. Boring rather than fun.

Too many urban legends and tropes to be realistic even as it is unimaginative and boring.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter464 months ago

Hell Ya! Your frail male ego soothed? thanks.

lc69hunterlc69hunter4 months ago

another little BTB stroker for boys pretending to be men

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore4 months ago

@lc69hunter - wtf?

Are you saying that there are not entitled girls out there who don't destroy their own marriages, expecting hubby to cave?

Dropping an insult on the audience isn't valid criticism.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

Who's his layer? That was quick service. Excellent story. Turnabout is fair play. The Bear likes it. 5 stars, but too short. Yeah, I know, 750 words.

The BEAR

JRandyJJRandyJ4 months ago

You know, not every one likes big fat tits.

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months ago

The idea of a turnabout about "fragile female ego" is a good one, but 750 words was nowhere close to what is needed to have a decent story on the subject.

.

We actually do get a lot of stories which could use the term "fragile female ego," but don't do so specifically. Really, just about any story in which the cheated on husband winds up with the stereotypical younger, prettier, hotter new woman, and in which the ex-wife complains bitterly about that could fit the "fragile female ego" profile, but it's never mentioned that way.

.

The "fragile male ego" and "fragile female ego" both exist, but they are significantly different. On the male side, it's a combination of "I lost to him" and "how many other people know that I lost", while, with women, it's more generalized, less of a concern about having lost to a specific woman than a worry that no one will ever want her again. The injured "fractured male ego" can change jobs, move away, and get his life together again in a new city, get a fresh start where no one knows he was cuckolded, while the woman with the injured "fragile female ego" will always worry, no matter if she gets a fresh start somewhere else, that she'll always lose out in competition with other women.

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months ago

JRandyJ wrote, "You know, not every one likes big fat tits."

.

Raises hand! Give me a skinny girl with A or B boobs, tall and thin, skinny ass, long, thick hair, and bluer than blue eyes.

MormonJackMormonJack4 months ago

Ha, excellent! 5 stars. Amazing how much story you were able to put into 750 words. And I'd give you 6 stars, if I could, for calling out the fragile female ego.

bumd11bumd114 months ago

Very nice. I always have a laugh at the "fragile male ego" line. Think of every story in which the aging wife, worried that she is no longer as young and attractive as she once was, falls for the attentions and flattery of some man: isn't that just fragile female ego?

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer4 months ago

3*** Sorry, 750 word stories can work , but this one didn't do it for me. Thanks anyway! cd

waifwaif4 months ago

Short, sweet, and directly to the point.

Hooked1957Hooked19574 months ago

Not a big fan of the 750-worders, but you did this about as well as it could be done, so I gave you five stars. I still prefer a writer of your talent actually write a whole story.

Hooked

truthandjustice99truthandjustice994 months ago

Burn the slime Take everything from him in the divorce

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Counterpoint is fair game. Brenda shouldn't be throwing down rules then acting surprised when they get used against her. I give a preemptive 5★ for not letting Brenda dictate to her husband the terms for her infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So he was a Boy Scout - he WAS prepared.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hate when someone cheats and comes out with fragile ego! Bullshit, when you marry, you make a commitment to one person. That only changes if you both decide on swinging, where both parties get something out of the deal.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good for you. Made it short and sweet!

Calico75Calico754 months ago

I love your 750 word stories! This did not disappoint.

Dalton402Dalton4024 months ago

Sometimes your 750 words are a little frustrating but this was one of your best. You managed to get everything wrapped up in the 750 words. Great job.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Another what is good for the gander...

Not that I like what MC did alluding to having sex with DD queen but I like that swift serving of divorce papers to wifey.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Short and to the point.

JensensloverJensenslover4 months ago

"By design, it'll be incomplete."

So YOU choose to be lazy and write short unfinished stories?

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineer4 months ago

Jazzharp I agree, the full story is needed. I’ve a good idea, why don’t you write it?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dump the preamble, get to the meat of it and I'd score you. ;-(

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That’s an incomplete.

Kernow2023Kernow20234 months ago

good short story

Rosc0tuskerRosc0tusker4 months ago

Same old same old. A wisp of nothing really. Ironically your need to justify/qualify your writing choices could perhaps be construed as a bit fragile…

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Haha…… nice short and sweet. Robbie had plan, looks like Brenda plan was not thought out completely.

Thanks for sharing.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I hate it when you don't finish the story ! No closure stinks !!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Liked it, another well done word limited story. I congratulate you on your attempts at this! And finally one that answers the bullshit of the "fragile male ego". But I wonder WHY these stories almost always seem to have a woman with DDs. Why not just a regular woman?

Would be nice to have another short on what happened after he gets home the next day... or 2... or.... 4 stars Bob

amygdalaamygdala4 months ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 the elbow test , cushions from heaven 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I love this author’s descriptive abilities.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like your stories and appreciate the concept of a challenge. Keep up the good work.

Especially on a forum where some will count the individual words and mention there are 751 instead of 750 (I didn't).

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"By design, it'll be incomplete." - The "challenge" of a 750-word story is to write a COMPLETE story in 750 words.

\

I personally don't care for self-referencing LW or Lit. These stories exist within the Lit universe.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

OK, but a little bland.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good flash story! Who knew fleshing out a story like this would be so much fun. I went through four different scenarios before succombing to sleep. Keep up with the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yep, short and to the point. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nah…..fell flat. His date coming on heels of having her served was anti climatic. Her being served, if not a final action on his part to get wifey’s attitude adjusted, should have been the end of it. Him having a date also was redundant to having her served. Although it was implied that wifey proceeded to have her date after being served, it wasn’t clear. In any event, lack of any reaction by her after being served robbed story of any impact.

.

Bottom line…this was boring.

.

3 ***

Just_WordsJust_Words4 months ago

If it were me, I'd come home around midnight and not have sex with Brenda. If the wife had a change of heart, there would still be a chance. If not, at least I took the high road and I would feel good about that. However, as stories go, it worked just fine. Dates like that are at least as much about gaining control and breaking the equality of a good marriage as it is about the romance and that's the death knell to any good marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think the story was wonderful! He successfully put an end to her threat and found someone to give him her attention. Unfortunately, the spouse is usually blindsided in real life but it was refreshing to read his response

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nicely done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fun little fantasy. I can say I would also not want to keep my wife had she pulled that on me but unfortunately I do not have a big boob replacement at the ready...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@ GarySmith69 "Why should anyone sit at home twiddling their thumbs?"

For the wives in stories of this type that's part of the buzz, that wifey gets all of the pleasure while hubby gets all of the distress and, she hopes, spends his evening alternating between stressing about what she's up to and jerking off. When hubby reacts in the way that the MC here does it's like a grenade has been lobbed into her plans. Bravo the MC for his perfect handling of the situation.

I always have to laugh at the 'fragile male ego' jibe and at the fact that the same trait in women is referred to as 'self esteem'. JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love it, you’ve done more with 750 words than some authors do with 2,000 words

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Awesome!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Shorter is better in this case. Story STINKS!!!

Lowrider2020Lowrider20204 months ago

If you add before and after you will get all five stars. other than that good job,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@HankWTullamore - Now, don't go criticizing @lc69hunter for the valuable service they provide.

They don't have a life, meaning they are quick to read and then comment on all of these stories. Thus, you can just jump to the bottom and quickly know how bad the story is by how much they liked it. Now, they can't be trusted on the actual comment itself, like how they call this a BTB, but their overall impression provides a simple metric for the story's quality.

-----

@funperson969 - I have no problem with good 750 word stories, but even if I did I would forgive you based on this one line that I truly loved:

"When she heard you were abandoning me tonight, she immediately volunteered to coddle my fragile male ego with her cushions from heaven."

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nothing original in this one

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There’s been others who have the MC say that they consider themselves released from the marriage the moment she announced her date, but I believe this is the first story where she’s actually served before the date. Excellent!!!

ZK

l0ver0tical0ver0tica4 months ago

Hahaha, loved it. Screw the haters and their fragile egos, whether male or female...

Frank66Frank664 months ago

Was this a story or a writing exercise?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bravo - great story!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine4 months ago

Good but I like reading about the aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A short 750-word story didn't bother me. Just not a fan of large breasts. Prefer smaller breasted and very petite (@ 5') women. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not awful. Four stars for only 750 words.

JPB

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

Definitely 5 stars for this fun story of a man who gave his wife 1 shot to NOT screw up their marriage...

...and she blew it !

If I could, I would have given at least 3 more stars for "steamed Brenda's clams something fierce" !

Gonna have to remember THAT riposte !

LOL... very enjoyable read.

Do more !

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

Well done short story. You have the right idea not listening to complainers that want every last detail explained. I read way more stories where the author rattled on too long than stories that leave me with a sense of incompletion. This story hit the high points, so no more is necessary.

012Say012Say4 months ago

5 from me. I don’t get the obsession with longer stories. They are fine and the author can do more. This made a new point about fragile Female egos. If Iknew more, or less, about the characters and how their lives went on - so what?

LanmandragonLanmandragon4 months ago

I understand the exercise in reducing a story to its basic elements. On the other hand, you write well, and often the subsequent events and revelations are also very interesting. Please think about going further now and again.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A pleasant trifle. 4*s

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Two people who are better off divorced. Who says divorce has to be traumatic, or one-sided? I hope they both live happily ever after. I'm betting on the aging like wine guy doing a bit better in the long run.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

EXCELLENT!!! Nothing like "bitch slapping" a self entitled CUNT wife where it counts! Sad this doesn't happen more often but considering the number of "cheating WHORE wife Apologist", degenerate, Cuckroach writers that infest this site, you take what you can get!

***** 5 Stars *****

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

That was an interesting way to use your 750 words. He turned the tables on her completely, and even had the last word.

16GaDouble16GaDouble4 months ago

Short, sweet, simple. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story but I'm not a fan of the 750 word thing. I've seen some good stories that could have been so much better if they were not condensed down.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well played. And well written. And complete.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

KTD2020KTD20204 months ago

First one I’ve seen to bring up the fragile female ego. Well done!

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Neat, concise, and effective. Easy 5 stars. I enjoy 750s, since they don't contain much (or in this case any) fluff and take skill.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Awesome 👌

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You did a very nice job in 750 words that others seem to struggle telling in 10.000 words. Great story. Thanks for the great effort in keeping it original, funny, and short.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ohhhhh, a good time was had by all. Well, at least the husband. 🥳

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Finally an ending that doesn’t have hapless husband waiting on her leaving to end things. Marriage was over as soon as the conversation was had. Stupid, stupid bitch.

5 + stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Perfect for 750. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lol good un

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Straight to the heart of the matter by giving all the pertinent information and details within 750 words and kept it entertaining throughout. Damn impressive writing without wasting time and words. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wham, Bam thank you mam! BRILLIANT! 5

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

Honestly, this is how most of these "loving cuckold" stories really should end, in the first thousand words or so.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Rod Stewart's big-bosomed lady with the Dutch accent... nice touch! Great turnaround!

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

I happen to really like short stories. They are a real test of an author's writing skills.

They are the equivalent of petite women - loveliness in a small package.

I also happen to love asian women. My Chinese wife is 5'5" and 110 lbs of loveliness.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous