Frankie's Story Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A great sadness came to Red. It was time to sever the connection with Mathew, I told him to make sure his people made both files legal tight and that we would be with him soon. My conversation with Gordon held Reds attention as we planned the route one of his people who would bring Frankie to us and the timing. It was agreed that the cabin was still the safest place for now; I would get the flight information tomorrow.

It was two in the morning when my cell rang. Gordon's men had intercepted reporters heading to the cabin. They were taken back to the road and were being watched, I told him to remove both the women from the cabin. Guard Mrs. Gillins at her apartment and bring Frankie to me at the next hotel we were due at. He was to keep people at the cabin and to make it obvious they were there.

Between the studio lawyers and Caroline Atkins, they had raised the stakes. It was also time to raise ours, Father Stevens was working on the Saint Mary's Chronicle when I phoned him and informed him of what had happened. He asked about the people living at the cabin and when he was told they were fine, we set about deciding how we could repay them in kind.

It seems one of the reporters got on rather well with the good Father. He didn't even mind being woken at four in the morning to be told that Ms O'Connell would be more than willing to give him an interview over the phone, as long as he understood that the same interview would be in the Chronicle the next day.

At first, the reporter was reluctant; he wanted an interview face to face. It seems the good Father thanked him and said he understood, and then put the phone down. Five minutes later the same reporter phoned back and had a change of mind when his editor told him to go after the story. An hour later Red and I were in the conference room of the hotel we were staying at talking to the reporter.

I had checked the papers web site and did a bit of snooping of my own on the reporter, he was old school and I was impressed with some of his articles, even showing them to Red so she could get a feel of the reporter before she spoke to him. Peter Carpenter told Red straight away that this interview was being recorded. She was fine with that stating that she was doing exactly the same thing and for the next ten minutes, they chatted about all aspects of the accident and how she was feeling medically now.

Red was actually impressed with how Peter dealt with the interview. The only bump in the road was when he asked her why she wouldn't give a face-to-face interview. The pause seemed to draw Peter's attention until Red told him that she was actually on her way to do an interview with a daytime chat host. When Peter pressed her on it, she refused to say which one only that the daytime interview was in two days time.

The relief was noticeable from Peter Carpenter since it now gave his paper time to go to print with this interview. When asked about her more private life, Red decided that the interview was now over, she thanked Peter and asked if she could talk again with him if she felt the need to challenge any story wrote about her. Old school quickly picked up on her meaning and gave her a direct number into the newspaper that would get to him as quickly as possible.

*******

I was waiting at the airport, Frankie's plane had already landed and all but the last few passengers sauntered out. My concern grew, Gordon had placed her on this flight personally, and I was also getting pissed with the person who kept bumping into me as I watched the last few stragglers.

"I guess the bitch missed her flight."

Shock made me look at the person who had spent the last ten minutes bumping into me and even I had to look even closer at her. This was a person I had seen naked, knew every inch of this body intimately and lived with for over a year now and yet I didn't recognize her. I was in awe over what she had done to herself.

Frankie wore a baseball cap, her hair pushed out through the adjuster at the back of the cap to form a ponytail. The red was indeed a pleasant, not a screaming at you redhead and the eyebrows matched. It was a good thing I knew the carpet was lasered off some months back or the temptation would have been to see how thorough she would have been. The glasses although cosmetic did indeed change her features, the make up to give her that slightly pale look all natural redheads have was a touch of genius.

"I've known you all your life and lived with you for over a year of that and I didn't recognize you. You're too good at all this, welcome to sunny Hollywood."

"Your friend Gordon helped with a few tips. That man is a diamond."

We hugged, her baseball cap tilted back when we did and it halted our embrace, we talked as we walked, about the journey here, the real topic didn't start until we were inside the car. The solitary piece of luggage was tossed into the back seats and forgotten about, she would need new clothes and they had to be from around here so as not to raise suspicion.

"It is so good to see you my Master."

I kissed her, for no other reason than I had missed her. Even Red looked twice before the confusion lifted and both girls hugged each other.

"Damn girl, we may have to keep you a red head."

"Please don't. I don't see me in the mirror and that freaks me out."

We needed to get down to business. I got her room key and we made a show of her going into her room just so she could come through the connecting door and into our room.

"Frankie the glasses are a must whenever you leave your room. You have an appointment tomorrow with the hairdresser to style your hair. Mathew is coming by later tonight to get you up to speed."

"My Master, you brought me here to help yet you have told me nothing."

Red placed a hand on my shoulder to stop me. Once past me, Red took Frankie by the hand and both sat on the couch. I got us all drinks as Red carefully told Frankie everything that has happened over the last few days. We then went down to the conference room we had booked for the duration of our stay and went through everything that we needed from her.

She read everything in both files and the updates that Mathew had sent over. By the time she had finished Mathew phoned me to say he was in the lobby, I went and got him and his assistant. Mathew had seen Frankie before but even he had to stop for a moment to check that it was really her.

"Mathew, Frankie will need clothes. I suggest your assistant and Frankie go shopping now since you will be in your office all of tomorrow."

Frankie shook hands with the assistant who said she was called Tanya; we never saw either of them again for three hours. It gave Mathew time to talk to Red and finalize all the details in both files.

*******

Frankie gave us a show of the clothes she had, the business suit fit perfectly, except, it showed Frankie's necklace. I was reluctant to tell her to remove it, but I could see no choice. But then again I'm a guy, Red walked up to her and undid her blouse to expose her bra, she then removed the necklace and pushed one of her tits to one side before dropping the necklace into her bra cup. Adjusted her and then let Frankie adjust for comfort before both girls smiled and looked at me.

The morning papers brought on a fresh assault on Mathews office by the studio lawyers, this time demanding a meeting and going over Mathews head, to one of the senior partners. Mathew sat down with all the senior partners and went through everything he had on the case, they told him to deal with it and he had their backing. The newspapers interview with Red was on page two, a full page which was impressive, considering the length of the interview. The piece that worried the studio lawyers was the comment that Red was going to be giving an interview with one of the daily chat shows.

The day of reckoning was here. Mathew sat in the meeting room with Frankie by his side as well as two other assistants. My instructions to Mathew were none negotiable, Frankie was there to help in any way she could, but he was to protect her at all costs. Between them they had worked out a set of signals that would allow Mathew to know how negotiations were going.

Frankie was to remain a non-entity at all costs, the fact I had trusted him with this prize wasn't lost on him and he gave me his word in front of both girls that he would do all he could to protect her. The studio lawyers charged in and practically demanded a meeting with Red. Mathew waited for the lawyers to sit down and then handed them one of the folders.

"When Ms. O'Connell goes on the chat show which will be live by the way, she will have all the pictures in that file shown on national TV, as well as every word in that file."

The damning file was tossed back into the center of the table. Mathew ignored their actions and then handed them the other file.

"Or Ms. O'Connell will go on national TV and say everything that is in that file. You all have just over five minutes to decide. If you choose the last one, then I will have it notarized by my friend sitting outside and in the courthouse within a few minutes."

"This is blackmail."

Mathew looked at Frankie out of the corner of his eye, she shook her head. This time Mathew took it personally.

"Blackmail, you leaches have shown a side of our profession that in all my years I have never even come close to. What you have done to my client in the name of a fast buck for the studio has disgusted me and the judge waiting in the courthouse right now. Both of us are truly hoping that you all walk out of here without signing anything."

The leader of the team was now on his own fast boil to anger. Mathew looked directly at him.

"You should know better. My client deserves compensation for saving the studio's leading ladies life, yet all she got was a withdrawal of her medical expenses because she refused to be a sideshow in your client's headlong rush to break box office records for the second film. Regardless of the fact they planned to hang her out to dry in the process."

Mathew made a show of looking at his watch.

"You now have three minutes."

Again Mathew cast a sideways glance at Frankie, who again shook her head. Mathew got real angry and started to organize his files ready to leave.

"Why the fuck am I wasting my time? We both know what's going to happen, so it does make a mockery of the amount of hours you folks have been camped out at the reception desk wanting to talk to me. The show goes out live folks and I don't plan to miss any of it, so if you will excuse me."

The leader of the team changed tactics and pulled a sheet of paper from a folder.

"This is a signed statement from Caroline Atkins stating that she was in a sexual affair with Ms. O'Connell."

Mathew didn't even look at it, just shrugged his shoulders.

"So what, did their affair scare the neighbors, did it include cats, dogs, children or unicorns? Their affair was carried out in a locked apartment, between two consenting adults and the fact that you're now willing to throw your own leading lady under the same bus you're tying to toss my client under. Makes me wonder just what you really want."

Another file slide across the table stopping in front of Mathew just as Frankie's own hand came to rest on his leg as he heard the man proclaim that it was a file on Ms. O'Connell's sexual activities since she has arrived in Hollywood. Mathew turned his attention to Frankie, this was something he wasn't meant to do.

They had pre-arranged signals, Jack was adamant that Frankie may be part of his team but she was to remain as invisible as possible. Frankie pulled her note pad to her and scribbled on it, Mathew read it as she wrote it. He didn't challenge Frankie on what she had written, he knew of her gift and the faith Red and Jack placed in it.

The room went silent as Mathew stood and walked to the door, ushering in the notary officer. They shook hands and he introduced him as Mr. Jenson, a court appointed notary, to all in the room. He even pulled out a chair out for him at the end of the table. Mathew then walked back to his own seat and pulled out two sheets of paper from a folder and walked back to once again stand to one side of Mr. Jenson.

"This document consents to Ms. O'Connell getting a one time payment of twenty five million dollars plus reimbursement of all medical expenses incurred during her treatment, since the withdrawal on the insistence of the studio of her medical insurance. It also includes a total confidentiality agreement stating that Ms. O'Connell will never be spoken to again by the studio, never acknowledged and never to be contacted again in any way shape or form."

Mathew then looked directly at the brunette sitting across from Mr. Jenson.

"It also states that if the confidentiality agreement is broken in any way, we will make an attachment of thirty percent of the second films profits from the day it screens until the day it dies."

He then slid the sheet across to the brunette and told her to sign it. The whole room went crazy. The so-called leader of the studio delegation ordered the brunette to say nothing and for Mathew to step away from his assistant. Both the brunette and Mathew seemed to be having their own staring competition until the brunette started to smile. She even held out her hand towards Mathew who then placed a pen in her hand and she signed.

Once signed, she stood and told her people to leave, Mathew did the same and all but the notarizing officer sat with the documents in front of him already placing his own signature on it.

"Miss McManus, I would like you to stay behind please."

Frankie nodded and stood to one side as Mr. Jenson got up from his seat. Security met him at the door and accompanied him to the courthouse, the rest left in confusion and sat in the seats by the reception desk to wait for the outcome.

"How did you know?"

"At first I wasn't sure, the photo I have of you doesn't match what I see in front of me that's for sure. You took a risk to out me to Mr. Bowden, you love your sister a great deal Francine, of that I am now certain. It sickens me that this has got this far, Donald Stanton called me the evening of the awards, what Miss. Akins said bothered him and he asked me to check everything out."

Mathew went to speak but the brunette held up her hand to stop him.

"My name is Jessica Standish although you will no nothing of me I am Mr. Stanton's go to girl. I find things out that some members of the board don't feel that the CEO of the studio needs to know."

"You're also his lover."

Both Mathew and Jessica looked towards Frankie, Jessica flushed slightly before nodding her head.

"We have been intimate with his wife's knowledge for the last six years. I choose not to defend myself Miss McManus, you yourself should understand why."

Frankie understood her meaning and reddening of her own neck and cheeks showed Jessica that her own suspicions had been proved right. Jessica once again looked at Mathew.

Please don't place any blame on Mr. Standish, he wasn't even in the country the day of the accident and to the best of his knowledge it was dealt with by other members of the board, it was only what Miss Atkins said and my own subsequent investigation that led him to insist I was placed on the delegation list to your office today."

Both Frankie and Mathew seemed to ease up on Jessica as she told them that she was authorized to go as high as fifty million and was surprised she didn't have to go so high. Mathew explained that when they discussed compensation it was Ms. O'Connell that set the figure, he was simply abiding by his clients wishes.

Jessica stood, to her this meeting was now at an end. The smile she gave to Mathew soon left her when she knew she was being watched closely by Frankie. The pair looked closely at each other.

"Tell your Master this ends now, and that I'm horrified it ever got this far in the first place and offer my apologies, explain to him I personally will deal with this and there will never be a repeat."

Frankie nodded her head, yet she felt the need to add. "I will try, but his faith in anyone's word in this city has taken a knock or two as is my sister's trust in your word. The agreement will be binding, my Master will see to that. Know this, you were lucky today, my Master cares for all three of us, force him to defend his slaves again and he will break all of you."

Jessica nodded her head in understanding.

"The documents will be filed and the studio will live up to its debt of gratitude for what Red did to save Caroline. However, you must know this Francine, we will meet again. I have already accepted my invitation to Thomas Montrose and Joan Gillins wedding."

Frankie's eyes lit up. "You called her Joan?"

Jessica looked on in confused by her statement.

"Yes of course. She was married to my cousin, although we lost touch after the sad death of both my cousin and there son. I have been friends with Thomas for some years and when he mentioned his upcoming wedding I couldn't believe it was with Joan."

Frankie watched from the steps of the building for a moment and smiled to herself at her new found knowledge, before she pulled her cell out and called Jack with the news.

The Angela Martinez show never normally does live shows. But following the comments of Caroline Atkins at the awards ceremony and the phone call two days ago from Maureen O'Connell offering an exclusive interview as long as it was live and complete secrecy that she was to be interviewed right up until the last minute, the rescheduling was agreed straight away. Red came on to great applause and for the next half hour told her story and also how the studio had been a tremendous help looking after her throughout her recovery.

When asked if the studio would do a third film of the franchise, would she agree to be Caroline Atkins personal trainer again? Red gave a wry smile and announced her retirement from both her business which she planned to put up for sale and Hollywood altogether.

"I'm saving my energies for running after my children from now on. Its time this woman settled down and became a hot mom rather than a hot personal trainer."

The audience went wild. As the credits rolled, Angela hugged Red and wished her well.

*******

I turned the TV off and looked out the hotel window, breathing a small sigh of relief as I did. Frankie had called me ten minutes before the show went live with the news and was already on her way back here. As a surprise, I already had her booked into the hotels salon so that they could do their best to remove her disguise. Mathew phoned me as well, it seems he has a date this evening and would meet me in the morning before our plane leaves.

Although Frankie did make it back before Red, I had her downstairs and in the salon before she was even out of her business suit. I got no complaints from Frankie, I also phoned Mrs. Gillins with the news, she and Jodie had watched the show and had gathered that all had gone well.

I leaned on my friendship with Mitch Harper and asked a favor. I was reluctant to do it since I didn't want to disturb Samantha's routine, Mitch told me that we were even and he would make the necessary plans. Father Steven's would of course expect a last interview with Red and I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate; Joseph was pleased with the outcome and told me his check had better not bounce.

Although the temptation was to have room service, we all felt the need to dress up and be waited on. Red was a celebrity in the hotel restaurant and many folks came over to our table to tell Red they thought she was a true hero and wished her well on her future parenting. It unnerved us all and reminded us why we liked our anonymity. Even the plane ride back home Red got the full plush carpet treatment, putting out the nose of some teen pop singer who was on the same plane.