All Comments on 'Freak the Freak Out'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 261 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I check this site once a week

and read your latest outstanding submission (have yet to be disappointed).

Thanks again for an enjoyable read - see you next week Mustang Man!

tazz317tazz317almost 13 years ago
SS06 RISE AND SHINE

VERY GOOD STORY. PLOT LINES AND CHARACTERS IN GOOD FORM. ALL ENDINGS WERE BELIEVABLE..TRUE LOVE CAN SOMETIMES OVERCOME ALL OBSTACLES AND PATIENCE CAN BE A VIRTUE. TK U MLJ LV NV

LaddydeathLaddydeathalmost 13 years ago

I love "The Regular Ending" to me Thats perfect.

I would just love to know who do u come up with all the stories every week. there masterful and I think you are the true

LW king on here know :)

Bravo ( I have read every store 2 times thatr u have wrote and Sometime I can spaned hrs on t your pages just read them !!!!

PS U rock da house

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
another great effort

there could have been a "D" ending. one where she was only dreaming it all and was the perfect wife having a nightmare after snacking on a head-cheese hoagie before bed. yeah, way too tacky, but it would have been cute. lol PS: loved the reference to Christine :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great Story

Great story, but your editing is slipping a little bit...

Darren got switched to Tim at the top of Page 7 for a few lines. Took me a second to realize what was going on. There was also a Melissa/Jessica slip up on Page 6 too.

I love that Tim, Elaine and Chrissie were in this one.

TXanyTXanyalmost 13 years ago
Heck...it was so good until...

...you got near the ending. Up till then we felt his pain. You crafted the characters so well, we were standing there listening to everything being said and knew the characters so well we knewwhat was going to happen next. It was truly a great story....and then you just couldn't give Melissa a real chance. Would have been better, IMHO to just end it like JPB occasionally does and let us determine our own ending. Oh well, I still really enjoyed the story and was very sorry that Christine didn't get to smack Melissa in the ass once and warn her about her bad behavior. I'm sure that in your first draft you had something like that written in. We were all waiting for something to happen when he went to work on his car in the garage with Christine. I'm sure you had his wife come over, found him in the garage alone with Elaine (and Christine)...and Melissa said something nasty and Christine backhanded her. Then his new "stang" could have showed that it to was "alive" and learned at the knee of the master. From then on anytime Melissa wandered off the path or spoke bad to her husband, she would get stung by the "stang"...oh well....then it would have to be in SciFy.

mallahmallahalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Nice Job, I liked the first ending.

loved the characters from your other stories. Loved the bit about Agatha Harkness, is she a witch or mutant or both?...her student(S.W) changed mutants lives by saying ''no more mutants''

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
poor story

very disjointed story. not to my taste

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

What's with the different endings? they really weren't needed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

story overall was outstanding. first ending was great. The multiple endings took away from the fact that the rest was outstanding. keep writing. decide on an ending and stay with it.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
I liked the second ending the best

A great story and the part where the car took on the pedophile, reminded me of a movie, and I think the car in that movie was called Christene.

There were a few places where the names were mixed up, but not enough to cause any disruption in the story.

Anyway, I enjoyed the story, interesting smooth flowing and a great read.

Thanks .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Four stars until ...

the second ending. That lost you a star. This may be fiction, but there has to be some internal logic to the character's behavior. The issue is the therapist scene where the wife showed her inability to accept responsibility for what she had done to her marriage. The first ending was consistant with this because she was still talking about overlooking his behavior just this once, still blaming him for the situation. In the second ending she magically accepts most of the blame. This is not consistant behavior. To make the second ending plausible you needed to rewrite the therapist scene as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I hate multiple endings.

It just means the author's chickened out. Advice to the author: Pick the ending you like and stick to it.

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago
3 Endings Gets You 3 Stars.

Not bad considering 2 of the 3 ending would have gotten you zero or maybe one star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The first ending made sense to me, but the others were not believable based on the way the characters were developed throughout the story. Also, the replacement of Darren with Tim a few times was confusing.

Just_Simply_MeJust_Simply_Mealmost 13 years ago
Another Well Crafted Plot, Fine Character Development, Full of Twists!

I found the multiple endings distracting and annoying just as others have already suggested. Simply choose one you want that you feel best fits the piece and go with it. You'll never please everyone which is to be expected and a basic fact of life, particularly Harry, as he finds fault with many in this genre and in many cases justifiably so. Multiple endings IMHO don't fit this genre. There are authors who use them but for a purpose for which I do not see you needing because of the quality of your writing. This is not a Choose Your Own Adventure type of site especially in this genre.

Bringing back Christine reminds me of another author but I believe you also used this concept in another piece of your writing that I read sometime ago, that is if I'm not totally mistaken.

I thoroughly enjoy your work and look forward to another well crafted tale each week like many others here. Just simply choose an ending that you feel in your gut and go with it. In other words no more multiple endings. you're just too good to need them.

Take Care

LazylonerLazyloneralmost 13 years ago
Solid Start, but the ending....

Interesting that you tried 3 different endings and in my opinion all 3 had problems.

Ending 1 was a typical "fast" ending. Once the concert was over the story seemed to drop off a cliff as far as plotting and exposition went and it became a simple outline with no real details about the events to come. You do describe how Darren ends up with Jessica and lives happily ever after, but it was like the old Miller Lite commercials, "Tastes great, but less filling". I found this ending mildly satisfying, but just too incomplete.

Ending 2 was a bit too much of an RAAC (Reconciliation at all costs) ending. You had put in a good foundation for Melissa to try to win Darren back, but this ending was too short to really show that fight. Helen has some good points about how Darren probably felt early on, but there's no way the relationship would go from crashed and burned at the concert to recovered in that one discussion at the house. There would have been much more. This one though since it had a reconcillation will be hated by a lot of readers. I actually liked the idea, but thought it needed a lot more depth built up to show that Melissa really had an epiphany and had changed.

Ending 3 Nice twist ending and in some ways realistic since what Ryan had done to Melissa did create her need to control, and that need was what destroyed her marriage. Like the others its a bit too short, and while you explain that Darren and Melissa end up back together, you leave out a lot of emotional buildup and character growth by turning the ending into a summary.

Lots of talent, but you needed to decide on one ending and flesh it out. So far in all my reading of multiple ending stories I've only found one where the author did a good job developing the endings. Its difficult to do, especially if you have set up a post every Thursday regime like you have.

And as others pointed out, you needed an editor for this one. There are mulitple points in the story where you have written Tim instead of Darren. An editor could have caught that.

flswitchflswitchalmost 13 years ago
Missing one ending ...

where the Mustangs take on a life of their own and run the skanks over.

SKHPSKHPalmost 13 years ago
The story including all 3 endings was well written

...but you could have left out ending A end B. With nobody but Ryan beeing the attorney of Darren's choice, the whole plot was obviously directed to the "twisted ending". Even if there was a certain probability for Darren ending as Jessica's husband, there would not have been any sense in Ryan's involvement with the divorce. And there would have been unpaid bills between Melissa and Ryan, if you would have sticked to ending A or B.

By the way: I liked the involvement of "Chrissie" and her family from the other story. Why didn't you let Chrissie do the dirty work this time, Stang? (that would be ending D: Chrissie nailing Ryan against the garage wall, while Melissa is watching)

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
Pretty good... not crazy about Multiple endings

The motivational development of the main characters in this story is really good and for the most part it is pretty consistent up until we get to the 3 different endings. The reader fully understands WHY Melissa has developed this fixation about control.

However understanding Darren's motivation is hard to figure and it is NOT well done. In fact his willingness to put up with this sort of vile mental abuse for 10 years is never REALLY explained.

To say that he loves her unconditionally leads to other problems because the reader is now wondering about Darren's mental health. What does it say about Darren when he believes that what Melissa is doing ...saying... and behaving somehow qualifies as LOVE.

Clearly there something equally as wrong with Darren as there is with Melissa .

The problem with the reconciliation ending is the same problem which exists with many of these forced reconciliation stories that we see from JPB Britease Matt Moreau and the like. The entire conflict seems to resolve ONLY around the possible extra Marital sex and that once the Husband accepts the idea that the wife did not actually cheat at that One specific time... all is magically forgiven.

In this story the reconciliation ending seema to resolve completely around whether not Melissa actually had sex--- actual fucking -- with another man.

Because she is able to show a video of herself not going out... of getting drunk at home and playing with herself ... Melissa is able to convince Darren that she was NOT actually Cheating.

Because of this ending #2 shows Darren as mentally unstable as the wife. In fact Melissa has been cheating on him for 10 years because her entire basis of the marriage comes from what Ryan did to her in college. Her entire marriage has nothing to do with Darren in anyway since her issues of control are based from clearly upon not being heard again watching was dry.

Therefore is not a exaggeration in any way to say that Melissa has been cheating with and on Darren for all of the past 10 years. Simply because she did not actually go out and fuck some guy that one night... is actually irrelevant to the entire marriage situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

this is your best one. very good characterization and very good plot. i liked the 9B ending. the other two don't belong to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Enjoyable, but...

Those lyrics were cringe-inducing.

JustForPostingJustForPostingalmost 13 years ago
Good God, why does ANYONE think this is good writing?

Technically it's just poor. Random commas do not make for good punctuation, and the occasional shifts into present tense are jarring.

The characters are just stupid, stupid, STUPID! Their motivations are completely incomprehensible, and very far from realistic.

This might have been okay with an editor (for which read: pruning shears). It goes on and on and on, and the multiple endings didn't do a thing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wish I could vote a 10!

I wasn't expecting the twisted ending. I was wondering though when Ryan was introduced, was it the Ryan that had fucked her and then dumped her. Nice twist.

One problem though, you switched some names around like calling Darren by Tim and vice versa. Other than that great story.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Nice Work

Initially I was worried by Chrissie's tendency to maim people and certainly Melanie was a candidate for a pre- emptive strike! The author should have tantalized us a bit by having Melissa put herself in range of justice and then publicly admitting that she had no respect for her husband.

That was basically the grounds for divorce, lack of respect. No marriage could survive ten days of the stuff she was shoveling much less than ten years. Besides that any woman who makes a public spectacle of herself as she did, deserves divorce papers!

Have to admit that the best story would have been that with the twisted ending! Interestingly he got more in the second ten years than he did in the first ten!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
PICK AN ENDING!

Multiple endings ruined it for me.

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 13 years ago
Normally

I like your stories. But multiple endings are not my thing. I think the writer should choose which way to go and stick to it. Either ending would have been OK by me, but definitely not all three. The story idea was very good, but I don't see any normal man would take ten years abuse, unless he was a submissive guy of course. A shorter period of mental abuse would have made the story more believable.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAalmost 13 years ago
Any ending that gets him away from her would be a good ending!

Thanks for the Thursday installment.

Regardless of the ending though, Melissa was not mature enough to ever be counted upon to be a loving and faithful wife. He should get in his Mustang and get as far away from her as he can get. Her behavior reminds me of Debbie Bascomb in WWWM. She has little to no redeeming qualities. She is just too unlikeable to care anything about. Darren deserves better. Just my thoughts. Thanks for sharing the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
good one

I was startled by your tying in togather two stories, but you made it work well ! i would have liked to see the twisted ending with crissie involved! but i cant write for beans much less spell! lol

Looking forward to more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Cop out

Multiple endings? StangStar06 you should ashame. You are much better than that.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 13 years ago
I got fed up

I began to feel that you were just trying to control me. You don't care about me as a reader, all you want is to see your story on the site!

Actually pretty nice. Melissa's behavior was done to death, I kept saying to myself, "OK, I get it!". The whole alternate endings thing was also annoying.

DrPopeDrPopealmost 13 years ago
Awfully long story ...

to have it finish in a few paragraphs was not exactly great.

It felt rushed and quite of of character with the rest of the story.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
With a triple ending it's very hard to vote. The first ending was the best the second was next with the "twisted" ending bringing up the rear.

A combo of number one and three would be best with the crazy bitch in jail and Darren and his new love having a great life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Another

JBP clone writer.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
Do one good ending instead of 3 poor ones

I didn't like any of the endings. They were all forced and incomplete. You spent so much time developing the story and then clunk, clunk, clunk. In the first and third endings Melissa was still being a controlling bitch "Maybe I can overlook your behavior" and demanding he come home to talk. That set the tone but it seemed silly. With all the pain she had gone through and everything she had been told she didn't change her attitude? A person who doesn't make any change is not interesting. She started a bitch and ends a bitch. Yaaaawwwwwnnnn. The "happily ever after" ending for Darren in the "normal ending" was just simply bad writing. You threw words together with nowhere near the care you use in most of your writing. The reconciliation ending was way too sudden and easy. See, I didn't fuck anyone else so my being a bitch for 10 years doesn't matter much. Let's fuck. The End. <br><br>

Beyond the endings, this lady is seriously screwed up. How many women are married to the guy that took their cherry? And how many guys screwed such women just to get laid? Melissa turns a fairly common event onto the rationale for her whole life. She needs a lot of therapy! If this had such a grip on her for TEN YEARS she isn't going to just let it go. <br><br>

Then we get to Darren being beat down and abused for ten years. OK, it's possible. But it really ruins him as a character. He's a worm. He crawls in the dirt. You use him for bait. Then all of a sudden, he's not? He connects with a really hot gal. He's a hit song writer and performer. He's got a hot car. How come he didn't win the lottery? He's a pathetic character to start and his transformation is unbelievable. <br><br>

And WOW, a sentient car that saves the daughter of a secondary character in a plot element that seems like it was transplanted from a completely different story. And then, as quickly as it was introduced, it is dropped. <br><br>

Sorry, this one came out at draft quality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One wonders

if the march of hackneyed cliches will ever end? Oh wait - he didn't win the Lotto. Phew - great story man.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
Interesting.

[quibbles out of the way, first. Some serious punctuation errors. The bit with Chrissie (the car) being "alive" was totally unnecessary.]

Other than that, an absolutely great story line. Ending 9A was, by far, the best one. (Although 9C was....interesting.)

Overall, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Of the three endings...

...any one of them would be a far better choice than the multiple cop-out you gave us. You are the author so you get to pick the ending. In fact, it's your responsibility to do so. Some of us won't like it, Harry will probably hate it, but I've never read a really good story that had multiple endings. I've enjoyed watching your growth as a writer, but your last few stories have felt like homework assignments. One week you do a western theme, the next week you try science fiction. Stretching artistically and trying new things are great ideas but you can't let these themes and new ideas diminish THE STORY. That's why we're all here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Did you really

Write a story based on a song from a kids television show? And then you hint at a singer named Victoria? You watch too much Nickelodeon.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 13 years ago
!st ending

The 1st ending is the only dog that hunts...

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Many doors in this one

Boy did you write alot of doors in this story!! Brilliant writting as usual. And thanks for the cameo appearrance by Crissie my vote is for ending number 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Ending #...

...1. or 9A.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I'm glad you wrote different endings. I liked them all for different reasons.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

First off, I like this story. The Stang man is one of the better LW writers on the site, in my opinion. But in some parts, I agree with the others.

I've never been very fond of multiple endings, and I didn't like it very much here either. The stories I've read before had terrible "choices". One story had either the husband divorce his cheating wife, and become a lonely, bitter old man, "choosing hatred", or accept being a cuckold with a child that wasn't his. That's not much of a choice...

In Freak the Freak Out, the endings are more reasonable, and, if Stang had chosen one of the three, I would've accepted that particular ending. This though, leaves me feeling...unable to choose. It actually leaves me confused as to which ending is the "true ending".

Personally, I would've chosen the first ending (to nobody's surprise, I think).

On to the story itself. Maybe it's just speculation, but is Stang trying to interweave characters from his other stories, like Rehnquist and DQS are doing? Build a bigger storyworld?

Unlike the other commenters, I liked the re-introduction of Chrissie. While not strictly "necessary" to the plot, Chrissie's owners ARE. Elaine and Tim's loving marriage made Darren truly realize "what could have been". More importantly, what still can be.

Melissa. Argh, how one event can traumatize and twist a person. Harry has put it very well. I can understand how she got like this, so I do feel sympathy (more like pity) for her, but at the same time, hate her for not being able to get over it, and for abusing Darren for 10 years.

The scene with the shrink was very telling. Although I CAN see Melissa becoming better, it'd take years and years of therapy. In the story, she doesn't even think there's something wrong with herself, despite MANY people telling her there is...

Darren. 10 years of abuse of such magnitude, that's....ugh. Harry's right, Melissa is not the only one with mental problems. Maybe it's guilt for participating in that "contest" of so many years ago? Even though it wasn't Darren who hurt Melissa, by merely participating, he felt guilty?

Also, I don't know if other people have thought about this, but RYAN is the cause of Melissa's craziness and controlling ways. DARREN KNOWS THIS. Why the HELL is Ryan Darren's attorney? Why didn't Darren beat the shit out of Ryan for making Melissa like this?

Those who can, write. Those who can't write, criticize, right? Being totally tongue-in-cheek, what I would've done was kinda combine the endings.

Melissa and Darren end up divorced, since I really don't see how they can make it again together. Not after 10 years of abuse, and Melissa still not seeing that it's her fault.

One thing that would put her on the path to redemption is seeing Ryan (remember, Ryan is Darren's attorney) and instead of killing him like in Ending 3, she smacks the heck out of him, kicks him in the nuts, etc. Catharsis, in a way. After that, she'd probably go see that magical shrink, and take baby steps to stop being an utter controlfreak.

Darren and Jessica end up married, with kids (so cliche, I know). Melissa herself? Who knows, maybe that would be another story for the Stang Man to tell?

PS. If you are making this into a bigger storyworld, Stang, please give Helen a break in perhaps a future story! I found her story rather sad..............Danielle can die in the gutter though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I Think,

I have heard the song before. I would like to point out that many of the classics were written by drug addicts, they still are. That line won't float.

maxx308maxx308almost 13 years ago
Thanks for another great story

In my opinion the first ending would have been the best, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for another great read, looking forward to the next one.

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 13 years ago
Disappointed

Is this your attempt to write a story to please everyone?

markandsusiemarkandsusiealmost 13 years ago
Great story

I thought it was well written and the choice of 3 endings was good too.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 13 years ago
What I like about

the multiple endings is that I can chose the one I like and forget about the others. Ending two was weak. Ending three was the one I will remember and, best of all, remember with fondness. (I've already forgotten there were other endings)

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 13 years ago
Well done however

I agree with the other comments that you should pick an ending and stick to it.

All three were well written and I suppose worked equally as well. I like your style and your subject matter.

Being a fan of happy endings I suppose I should like the second ending the best but I'll pick the first ending as my favorite.

A couple of name placement mistakes but nothing huge. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
If You Write One That Good

for "It Never Entered My Mind", you will get five (5) more stars.

StangStar06StangStar06almost 13 years agoAuthor
Hi all!

Last week someone wondered whether or not I read these? Yep every single one good or bad. First off let me apologize for killing Jazz last week you all were right. I guess in my mind Ivy was the main character and I saw jazz as another obstacle between her and Tim. I also wanted to see if a mutual tragedy would be enough to re- unite them. In retrospect it was not a good thing so I'm sorry. Maybe I'll bring her back. Secondly, as many of you know besides Rehnquist and DQS, believe it or not JPB is one of my heroes. He's done several stories with multiple endings and I wanted to try it once. I promise not to make a habit of it. To allnof the people who emailed me suggesting songs, I'm working on several of them but I won't be doing a musical piece every week, just a few spaced out through the summer. Next week's story is very twisted but not musical. Anyway thanks for reading it. Oh Harry is of course right Darren has issues, he's a submissive. And he loves her too much. You guys always see more in the stories than I do. SS06

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
it was a good story

until you decided to write 3 endings. every single one was hasty written and all are horribly bad.

write one , take your time.

geopri71geopri71almost 13 years ago
endings

I personally like multiple endings ,it allows the reader to use his own personality and beliefs to decide which ending he likes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Well...

I have to agree, i was not enthused about three different endings either. Though i am not an author, so it is not up to me, but as others said, go with your thoughts, one or three as long as your happy with the endings.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsalmost 13 years ago
Unfortunately

He was too good a guy and too much in love to get his anger up to confront her about her attitude. So, the longer she went on, only the worse it would get and the more convinced she would be that her conduct was right.

Unfortunately... Helen couldn't get through to her and while she seemed reluctant to buy into the conduct of the other two women she rolled with the lifestyle having no regard or worry about consequences.

I thought Jessica was a nice touch, a little quick for the two of them out of the box, point being he was totally loyal to a fault and under any circumstances - guys don't change from super straight to the what ifs' that quick.

Ending one is the right one, you kind of spoiled the story with the alternatives - both were interesting but I would rather you chose one of them and stuck to it.

Ryan, I knew he would fit in this story later on and turning out to be the attorney didn't come as a surprise. There is a conflict there and under any normal divorce would have been a problem - you kind of skirted those possibilities and yet - something (even a short note) would have been appropriate.

Five (5) of course, couldn't even think about giving you less.

Again, thanks for a good story!

schmee68schmee68almost 13 years ago
Excellent story

Well written and loved the tie in with other story called Chrisse. The multiple endings was a intersting touch and each one was nice, Definitly like the twisted one. I liked that it showed that a person only has control over another person in a relationship only as long as the other person allows it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Outstanding story again, Stang!

Damm glad you have the creative juices to entertain us.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 13 years ago
Very Good Story

Loved the Story and All of the Endings.

Theres something for everyone.

KyuzioKyuzioalmost 13 years ago
Another great one, StangStar!

Another great story, StangStar! I haven't seen anything from you that I haven't liked!

However.....Agatha Harkness? Really? And having her musing about needing to use magic to save Melissa and Darren's marriage? Geez...a little too much for me....Stan the Man needs to have a talk with you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Fyi, paying for treatment doesn't get you medical records

Hi, Just a quick note. Your storyline has "The worst piece of evidence though is the testimony from the therapist you went to. Since you're covered by his health care, he has a right to information about your treatment." Just as a gentle correction, paying for someone's therapy or any other medical care does not entitle you intimate details about their treatment. At least in the US, HIPAA explicitly prohibits that. You can bring your wife in for depression counseling, but once she's signed up, the actual counseling that goes on between her and her doctor is confidential. I think the story was implying that the therapist would testify about what was talked about...

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
Hats Off!

You are improving with every story. I could have done with only the first ending, though. I can't see how to recolciliate with the bitch.

FullboostFullboostalmost 13 years ago
Car fizzle

Hithere, great story. Just wish you had expanded on the killer car! I was thinking "how is the car going to tie in? Will his car do similar things and kill the wife?" it was a great addition..... And went nowhere! Doh!

jiminabjiminabalmost 13 years ago
Another good one.

I thought the harsh wife was a bit too much and he was a bit too meek. I still have trouble with a living machine in your stories. Not sci-fi. But it was an enjoyable read. My preference was ending three as Ryan created the whole problem in the first place. Thank you. Jim

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
Good Read.

Long but interesting. Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very Goood

Ok, I vote for the "standard" ending. It was the mental abuse rather than her cheating or not cheating that would have and should have ended the marriage. The other two endings were inventive, but not really consistent with lead into them.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
I vote for 9B ... redemption/reconciliation

I loved the story. It was fun to see a brief reprise of the main characters in "Chrissie". I liked the 9B because I'd like to believe that people can change and that true forgiveness can take place. All of the endings were interesting and entertaining. Thanks SS06!!!

Again ... so many comments so soon after posting. Just another indication of your well-deserved popularity.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 13 years ago
Twisted Ending

I rather liked that one. Life is almost never the fairy tale, with the princess and prince winning the day. "Torch the Bitch/ Bastard!" is rarely the workable answer. Though in this case she did Torch the Bastard quite nicely. Picking up the pieces is sometimes the best choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Twisted ending for me too

In real life I doubt that the hubby would ever fully recover from 10 years of mental abuse or that the wife would change. But since he got a Mustang who knows ... maybe he got his balls back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good Read

I liked most of the story. I don't especially like the multiple ending options but you are the man who decides that.

For me the reconciliation ending is the preferred one because though she stepped way over the line of what a wife should do she didn't have intercourse with anyone else. Her treatment of Darren was of course horrific but this girl had a mental problem and needed some serious counseling. As you said in the reconciliation option, part of her problem is that Darren let her get away with that shit for so long it became a total habit for her.

If he had nipped it in the bud early on they could have resolved it.

I usually am a "kick her to the curb" kind of guy but in this case I think Melissa was coming around and their marriage could be salvaged.

Thanks for your efforts.

p.s. I like that you inserted Chrissie into this story. She could have been the one to let Darren know that he should stick with Melissa and not go to Jessica. Now that would have been something.

cpetecpetealmost 13 years ago
Best line

She can't fix me a sandwich let alone fix my husband."

Stang -that line alone made the story

ParmenideParmenidealmost 13 years ago
For me, Standard Option....

As always, you did a great job!

Thanks for sharing....

HB49HB49almost 13 years ago
Hooked

First time I've EVER read a story that went for more than two parts/screens, let alone ever posted a comment. This one kept my attention through all seven screens.

I agree with the others that multiple-choice endings are generally lame, but it worked for me this time, though each seemed abrupt and could have used more development. I stuck with the "Twisted Ending", though. That one worked best for me, particularly since Ryan was in the picture, but it could have been developed further. Also, seems to me that a good criminal defense attorney would have gotten her off on "not guilty by reason of insanity", or "guilty but insane", either of which would have landed her in a psych ward where she could have undergone several years of intense therapy, therefore justifying raising a child when she got out.

Finally, while your writing is basically great, a technical editor could be used for the punctuation and name consistency.

I guess I'm going to have to read more of your stories now.

deadonedeadonealmost 13 years ago
Only one complaint

In the twisted ending Darren's Mustang after being next to and being rebuilt next to Chrissie should have come alive. I was really looking for that!

Technical note: switch of names on top of page 7, Darren became Tim.

My vote: I loved the triple ending (better with 2nd live Stang!). But the Glock had a nice touch, and remembered the SAS rule of double tap. People if you don't like three ending, pick one and forget the other two even exist. Loved the glimpse of what became of Tim and Chrissie. Very well done.

StangStar06 you have become one of the premier authors on the web congratulations. Each story a new and wonderful world.

p.s. - Even with three different endings I still end up rewriting in my head a 4, 5, ...8th endings. So for those of us with gray matter the triple ending is just fertile ground for our imagination, and for that I give you the most heart felt thank you I can.

KirkelKirkelalmost 13 years ago
I loved it until

It never ended in my mind. Multiple endings are just a cop out trying to please everyone. I like your stories finished.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Great story

Maybe......Chrissie could have mashed Ryan into the wall outside the offices and killed him before they all went inside and completed the divorce? Then Chrissie could roll up to Melissa and Darren with both doors open as she honks for them to get in so she can deliver them both to a marriage counselor so they can reconcile? They also see a shrink who causes them to realize that he is in fact a true submissive and she is a Domme? Why not? We get two of the endings out of three!

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I like the twisted ending the best

As one of the characters in one of my stories says: 'True love means being willing to hide the bodies.'

She cleansed her palate of Ryan so she could be the woman that her husband needed...even at a cost of 10 to 20. That, my friends, is a pretty good sign of something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I like the first ending best, the evil woman did not deserve to get him back. Abusive people do not change, except very very rarely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Alternative endings:

B and C suck and have no basis in reality.

No woman after telling off a therapist is going to turn around less than 24 hours later, clinically analyze the situation and say, "Oh, that therapist was right on the money." No person, after having been abusive and dysfunctional for so long, is going to suddenly make a 180-degree turn in attitude and behavior.

And nobody but a complete idiot is going to go from pursuing a divorce to being the male equivalent of a Tammy Wynette after his estranged wife blows away his attorney.

StangStar, you usually write some great stories, but skip the alternative ending crap. It doesn't work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
9B

melissa was badly hurt by ryan. she didn't know how to love she became a control freak and lost herself. She had bitches for friends that made it worse. She did NOT Fuck anyone else. She loved her husband but couldnt. Therapy would help but then it wouldn't be a long story. Then she was forced to revaluate herself, and was blessed, and learned the FOREVER love. May they have many kids. Thank you for 9B.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
5***** story! One of the best! Original and Creative! But, The twisted ending is no good.

Melissa is the bitch from Hell. So she got fucked and dumped. What has that got to do with anything? Almost all women get fucked and dumped and don't turn into bitches from Hell.

Melissa only got fucked and dumped once. Most women get fucked and dumped multiple times. They lose their virginity to some good looking guy looking for an easy piece of tail. Then they get fucked and dumped by a handful to a dozen or more good looking guys.

What is the reason? Guys will date down for pussy but they don't marry down. The girls are young and inexperienced. They know the guy has dumped every other girl he fucked. However, they are IN LOVE. "He'll be different with me."

After a few years of going nowhere relationships, girls learn the difference between more desirable hot guys they can fuck but can't marry and less desirable guys that they can marry. Girls marry after they lower their standards and accept a guy of equal desirability. All men and women wish to marry up but until they accept an equal they never get married.

Of course I was the same way. I wanted the pretty very popular cheerleader. Shit I was stupid and the best I could get from her was a "Hello" and for her not to put me down too bad if I didn't make a pest of myself. Then I lowered my standards to the very pretty girls. I may as well have tried to date movie stars. I had no chance. Over time I kept lowering my standards until I asked girls of equal desirability that would go out with me.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Weird but, for some reason, good!

Normally, I don't care for alternate endings but, since I kind of like the story, got over it for once. Especially liked the twisted ending but that's only because DWornock hated it. If he didn't like the ending or anything else about the story, I know it had to be good.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
2 OUT OF 3

Hey SS6. MEAT LOAT WAS RIGHT....EXCEPT IT WAS GOOD, BAD, INDIFFERENT.......READERS CHOICE. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

keep

up

the

good

work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

keep

up

the

good

work

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
5 stars

fun

read

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yes!

fun story

good job

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yes!

fun story

good job

Thanks

wmarinwwmarinwover 12 years ago
Twisted Ending was the best!

I find that the twisted ending really closed the story for me. It seemed more realistic.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
Four point five

I gave you 4. Only because there isn't a 4.5. Only thing that dropped it the half point was the Christine hints. You have a real talent for conveying feeling in your work.

C_frommnC_frommnover 12 years ago
Liked

The third part the Best. Where she shot Ryan in the Head.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Ending 1 for me

Melissa was just to big of a bitch to be forgiven, I mean 10 years of mental and emotional abuse is just horrible. I'd expect Darren to go all murder suicide or just plain suicide with melissa because that kind of abuse can seriously scar a person.

(on a side note loved reading up on Tim, Elaine, and chrissie the things I would do to that cars tailpipe) LoL out

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
sorry

Sorry I did not read any of the alternative endings, Just the breakup. I got the same treatment but was too damn dumb to know it until love died, some time later she died. Like one of those storybook things, you know she not feeling well goes to Doc the open her up within just a few minutes of her arriving there and it took them about 4 hours to give up on her cancer, tumor, food had caused her stomach bypass surgery to tear open. Noiw I got a f..ked head, making some pillmaking companys bottom line look better, my counselor just bought a new car, my dog tries to get me back on track but he fals asleep before we find the train. Starting over at 62 is just plain hell

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You rock Stang

Great story, each ending gives your reader the ending they want.

1) Burn that bitch

2) Love triumph all

3) Burn that asshole. I do think Ryan got off a bit easily. shoot him in balls first and let him bleed to death.

BTW: read this story 3 times

good job: waiting for another Christie story to be in the making

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ending one..

is probably the most logical ending from the way the characters are portrayed, but, you got to kinda like the ending with Ryan getting shot, so, maybe that should have been added to the end of the 1st! ;)

NKen

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Pick an ending and stick to it.

I hate this double ending crap. You the author are telling the story. So tell it. Decide how you want your story to be. When you double the endings it cuts the enjoyment in half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
liked the choices

I liked the twisted ending the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Victorious?

Do you watch Victorious?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good

I tend to be a "burn the bitch" fan, but i also appreciate a well written kiss and make-up story. You, Sir, are very good. I enjoyed the twisted ending the most.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
SS06 at his best

Original, weird, extreme, yet somehow emotionally involving. This was one of the first SS06 stories I ever read, and I became a fan immediately. I even liked the three-ending gimic. Especially the twisted ending. This was a voice never heard before and rarely heard since.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous