All Comments on 'Free from Fear'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

It is an interesting story. Loved it. AAAAA+++++

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Very interesting story!

5

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 2 years ago

Oh my!!! Aussies are a weird lot aren’t we? Interesting story!

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 2 years ago

Very well told. Sadly religious extremists of all beliefs rarely face justice.

It's just a matter of time before another pervert causes damage to his community

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You overshot your mark considerably and ended up making the community members hypocrites as well. Sex before the age of consent is a no-no, but apparently not for Simon and Rebekah. Adultery is a mortal sin, but apparently not for Rachel and Miles. Murder is a mortal sin, but apparently not for the men of the community who killed Simeon. The prayer before eating is in the Bible, it's not something forced by a 'leader'. The Bible proscribes fornication, i.e. sex outside marriage, many times.

Yes, there is a message of acceptance and inclusion, but those are conditional.

In the end you transformed a Christian community into just another town and those who had joined and were living there to belong to such a community would more than likely leave.

Write what you know.

☆☆

CromagnonmanCromagnonmanover 2 years agoAuthor

Oh dear, 'Anonymous' missed the point entirely. If you want to talk about hypocrisy and adultery being a mortal sin, what about King David and his son Solomon? Mortal sin is a sin punishable by death, they were not executed. Adulterers, except in some Islamic states, are no longer executed, nor in most parts of the world, are murderers. The world will not come to a screeching halt just because Simre and Rebekah jumped the gun by a week. As for the men of the community murdering Simeon, they were not identified as the killers. As for transforming a Christian community into just another town, the community remained Christian in the true sense, no longer living in fear of obedience to the rules of a tyrant. Newcomers were not forced to become Christians, they chose to become Christians.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...