Free Spirits Ch. 05: The Dean

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prosser stood, scraping his chair back, in full retreat. He felt chastened, ashamed. He felt slapped down, hard, and in front of other faculty. And he knew the Dean felt he was on the wrong side, which disturbed him deeply. He turned and fled the office without another word.

Brown stood, open-mouthed, beginning to understand this effort was a total failure. He angrily re-stacked the documents he'd brought, put them back in the folder.

The Dean put one hand on them. "These will be destroyed, as clearly inappropriate to have been collected in the first place. I will accept them as a good-will gesture on your part, that such behavior will never happen again."

Brown fled, empty-handed and angry.

Denise waited patiently at parade rest, feet shoulder width apart and hands clasped behind her back. She expected to be dismissed.

The Dean spoke again, "Denise, Prosser is good teacher, a real educator, has published significant monographs on modern cultural adaptation, on echos of ancient moreys in modern institutions. He should have known better.

He has also turned students around that were struggling. He's built a reputation of being hard on students because that validates his subject to them, to good purpose usually. He'll come to his senses, as he's capable of self-assessment and change. "

"Also, and this is not to leave this room, he is having difficulties with his husband, including an incident of violation of trust and now a separation. I believe he's acting out in frustration and shame and taking bad advice.

I counsel understanding and forgiveness. The minimum support a fellow faculty deserves. Do you agree?"

Denise pauses, nods briefly. It's easy to feel indignant, its cheap, but forgiveness was the right path for both of them.

"Anything else? "

"Keep up the good work! I'm proud of what you've built here. And very pleased you've helped that young Frosh find a place and a purpose. That phone call made my day. My year!"

Denise smiled, nodded and left.

In the lobby Shelly and Virgizza were smiling hugely, having seen Prosser in full retreat.

"That old fossil! Ran with his tail between his legs." "He'll think again before challenging you!" "A real crunk!"

Denise frowned. "I don't need to hear that kind of talk about a member of faculty. We're better than that."

"Yes coach" they chorused, but still smiling.

It was infectious, and Denise grinned back. Then she spread her arms and legs, inviting them to retrieve their gear. While Shelley unhitched the vest Melissa hurried to release the makeshift skirt. She couldn't get the strap unstrapped right off, so she just eased it down over Denise's hips. Denise stepped out, leaving her wearing just her running shoes. Melissa stayed crouched just a beat longer than necessary, her face at Denise's crotch level, staring impudently.

Virginia had Coach's shorts bunched up in her hand and gave them back. Denise took them, shook them out, sniffed them - whew. Decided against wearing them again.

"Hey, I appreciate the team effort. Means something to me. And to the Dean. Had its effect on the Professor too."

Holding out a hand parallel to the floor, the other three automatically put theirs on top, waited a beat and swung them up with a "Lynxes rule!"

Exiting to the quad they said their goodbyes. Shelley checked her watch, then broke into a jog toward the west, the direction of the fields. Denise understood - a run will burn off adrenalin and set you right.

Virgizza held hands and trotted in the direction of the dorm, intending a celebratory fuck until next study period. That'll also set you right!

Denise watched them go, young and alive and strong and brave. She felt a swell of pride in her students. Her people!

Hell, she had a section to teach, by the Old Church clock in the belltower in 5 minutes! Still clutching her shorts, she sprinted off across the quad, stretching muscles and breath, sun on her back and grass under her feet, going like the wind.

12