All Comments on 'Freedom Pt. 09-10'

by WhimsicalRepertoire

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
"Kianra..."

Don't be sorry; reading it (what was published) was a fun way to start the day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A slight criticism

Hi Whimsical.

I lead by saying l have no idea of your story arcs or personal time and space that got you to this ending. I also note that you have a few parallel stories to juggle.

With those limitations it all seemed a bit 'easy' and a bit too predictable. Heroic sagas should roll from setback to another with a few noble success to allow the plot to proceed. Teleporting Talos is neat magic but no means a test of your hero. I'm thinking he gets dumped in the reaver's homeland and cuts his way the the port.

I cannot see why your arch villain could not have ducked below to gather 1 and 2 to cast as his now magic axe takes on a magic sword? Shock and horror. Our hero is wounded. WTF your readers cry. But lo. A very angry sorceress intervenes before an axe blow removes Talos' head. She knocks 1 and 2 out with a psychic blast.

Given the shit this girl's been through l felt there was a reasonable expectation that your readers would see a slow and painfull ending. Your ending was to quick and neat.

Lastly. I believe you wasted a 'feel good' moment by not having 3 rescue 1 and 2.

A good story overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

um. What happened to Hilde?

Did she just appear out of nowhere, save the hero's life and then disappear?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWhimsicalRepertoire@WhimsicalRepertoire
All my stories exist in the same fantasy world. You can find the map of said world here: https://i.imgur.com/njRJtmY.jpg I'm currently working on 'Echoes of Spring' and 'A Dream of Empire'. The prologue to 'A Dream of Empire' begins with "Luck Pt.01 - A Chance Meeting". It...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES