Freelance Photographer - Beth Ann

Story Info
Beth Ann grows up.
8.3k words
4.46
3.5k
2
2

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OneWhoKnows
OneWhoKnows
137 Followers

Author's note: If you are looking for a raunchy story with lots of sex you need to pass on this story and find a different story to read. This is a story about a naïve young girl who grew up in circumstances that taught her almost nothing about life. Yes, she went thru the school system and graduated high school but was not prepared for the real world. This is the story about her meeting a photographer who guides her thru a transformation into a confident, capable young woman. Enjoy her true story. I know it's true because I am that photographer.

Shelly had picked up her album of pictures last Saturday. She had sounded all excited when she had called me on Thursday to tell me that she had called the agency in L.A. to tell them she now had a new album with lots of really good pictures of her modeling several outfits, some in lingerie and some nudes. That she didn't want to send the whole album to them but she did want them to see all of them. She had offered to drive to L.A. and bring the album with her if they would give her a personal interview while she was there. They had agreed. Her interview is scheduled for next Tuesday right after lunch. She sure sounded excited to me. I was hoping it would go well and maybe she would be starting on her new career.

It was Saturday again. I could not get that sweet blushing smile the young waitress at Burger Shack had, out of my mind. I made a decision. It was about 1:30 so the lunch crowd should be mostly finished and out of there. I was just going to drive down there to have a burger and fries... And see if she had time to talk to me. I went down to my car and drove to the Burger Shack. I parked in an almost empty lot. I walked in and saw that she was working. I sat down at the same table Shelly and I had sat at last week.

She walked to my table, "It's nice to see you again. You're all alone today?"

I answered, "Yes, Shelly and I are just really good friends. I'm way too old for her. She's only 20... I'm 36. I've done some photography for her to help her get into the modeling business. She has an appointment with an agency in L.A. next week for an interview and to see her portfolio. I hope my pictures of her help her get hired. I'd like a BBQ burger, fries and a Coke, please."

She said, "Let me go turn your order in. Then I'll come back. It's really slow until some people come in later for dinner."

When she came back I said, "My name is Mike, I hope you don't take this wrong. I'm probably going to make you blush again. I'm a freelance photographer. I do weddings, portraits, and model photography. You are a very pretty young lady and your blush is adorable!" She blushed immediately.

She said, "Thank you, and you are making me blush. I blush way too easily. Especially if someone is teasing me."

I tried to re-assure her. "I'm not saying that to tease you. I'm serious. You are very pretty and I would love to have you model for me. I want to capture your blush. When you blush... your face literally lights up."

They announced, "Order up." She went to get my lunch.

She brought my lunch to my table. "Enjoy your lunch." She headed for the kitchen.

I was almost finished eating when she came back. I asked, "What time do you get off tonight."

Without any hesitation she answered, "At 8:00. Why did you ask?"

I handed her my Photographer card. "This is my card. It has my name, address and phone number on it. I will be sure I'm home at 8:00. Please call me. I want to talk with you about modeling. I'm serious. Here." I handed her some bills to pay for my lunch and a tip. "Keep the change. What's your name?"

She smiled, "I'm Beth Ann. Not Elizabeth Ann. Just Beth Ann."

I stood up, "Nice to meet you Beth Ann. I will be waiting for your call."

I walked out, doubting that she would call, but I had to try.

I was sitting in my apartment reading. It was getting close to 8:00 but I was doubtful that Beth Ann would call. 8:15 and no call. I jumped when the phone rang. I answered, "This is Mike."

A quiet voice on the line said. "I'm sorry I'm late, but we had a late dinner rush and we just got things cleaned up and put away. I'm on the pay phone out front."

I said, "Thank you for calling. I wasn't sure whether you would or not. But I'm glad that you did. I'd like to arrange a meeting with you. I'm not going to get into an in depth conversation when you're outside on a pay phone."

She responded, "I know it's late... but I don't have anywhere I need to be for the next two hours. Otherwise it could be late tomorrow afternoon. What do you think?"

I suggested, "We could meet at Denney's, they're open late. Somewhere of your choosing would be fine with me. Or, if you want to see some of my work you are welcome, and safe, to come to my apartment."

She paused, "I've seen you and Shelly in the Burger Shack, together and by yourselves or with someone else. Since Shelly obviously trusts you, I'm going to. I've lived here my whole life so I know town pretty well. I know where Ivy Street is. How do I find which apartments you live in and which apartment is yours?"

I swallowed twice and answered. "Thank you for wanting to see some of my work... and for trusting your judgment. Let me explain how to get to my place."

I explained to Beth Ann how to get to my set of apartments and that mine was in the two story section, upstairs in the middle. I'd have my porch light on.

She said, "It will take me about 20 minutes to get there."

I answered, "If you're going to be here in 20 minutes you're obviously driving. Park anywhere in the lot, it's not assigned parking. You can see my apartment from anywhere in the parking lot. I'll be watching for you. See you then."

It wasn't cold out so after about 15 minutes I stepped out on the walkway in front of my door. I was only standing there for a couple of minutes till a car I didn't recognize pulled in and parked. Beth Ann got out. I waved to her and she waved back, heading for the stairs. I met her at the top of the stairs, took her hand and we walked to my door and went in.

I said, "I'm really glad you're here. Because I'm really serious about you modeling for me. Have a seat on the couch. Would you like something to drink?"

She answered, "Maybe later, I'm fine for right now. Your apartment was easy to find, you give good directions."

I sat down on a chair that was around the corner from the couch. There was a table with a lamp in the corner.

I said, "Let's just talk for a while to get to know a little about each other. You know who I am and where I live, and that I'm a freelance photographer. I also have a regular day job and work Monday thru Friday. Until I can get established and earning enough from photography I have to keep my day job. I mostly sit at a desk in my office with a few other things I do for my boss. Please tell me about you."

Beth Ann asked, "Do you want the short version or the long version?"

I replied, "Maybe something in between short and long. I want to have time to show you some of my work."

She started, "My life hasn't been very exciting. I was born here, but my parents divorced when I was three. He was my biological father but he was never my dad. I don't have any memories of him. My mom had several man friends over the years but she never married any of them. I'm glad she passed on all of them because most of them were poor choices. I've been driving since I turned 17.

I graduated from high school last year. I can't afford college. I'm 19 now and have worked at Burger Shack since I got out of school."

I asked, "Where do you want your life to go from here?"

She went on. "It's really hard when you're young with no experience and no special skills. I certainly don't want to be a waitress forever. A while back the big camera store downtown was advertising for help, but you needed to have some photo experience and knowledge of cameras and accessories. I went in to talk to them... they wouldn't even let me fill out an application. How am I supposed to get any experience if no one will hire me and train me?"

I answered, "I remember years ago, after I had served my enlistment in Uncle's Army, the only job I could get was driving because that was what the army taught me as a skill. Driving was the only experience and skill I had to offer. I had good math skills and had taken some shop classes in high school. It took a while but I finally found a machine shop that had an apprentice program. I worked for them until my apprenticeship was complete. Now I had some specialized tools and some experience and a working knowledge of machinery."

"After a few months I found a bigger company that paid more. They hired me because of my experience. So I know what you're up against."

Beth Ann continued, "I thought about joining the navy and maybe get to go to medic school and eventually become a nurse. But I've lived here my whole life and I'm not sure enough of myself to just jump out there on my own."

I replied, "Medical school or communications schooling would open some doors. What other interests do you have?"

She paused... "I've never thought of myself as model material. But photography has always interested me. I like taking pictures, but I only have a basic little Kodak camera. I called you to see what real photography was all about. Will you help me learn if I pose for you?"

This surprised me. "Actually, I will do that. I'll also offer to teach you anything about life that you want learn, especially since you've never had a dad to guide you. Don't take me wrong... I'm not offering to be your 'sugar daddy' but I do have a lot of life experience I'm willing to share. Any questions?"

She answered shyly, "For now... just one. May I give you a hug and a kiss as thank you?"

I stood up. She stood up. We each only needed to take one step. She raised up on tip toes, put her arms around my neck and gave my just a simple kiss on my lips that lasted about 2 seconds. But it was sincere. My hands were just resting on her waist so she knew where my hands were.

I said, "That was nice. Thank you again for calling me. Let me get my sample album I use to show off my photography skills."

It was laying on a bookshelf across the room. I picked it up, walked back to the couch and sat down beside her. She still had her work uniform on which was dark jeans and a red plaid shirt. I opened the album. First were some scenery shots. Then some portraits of people and some wedding photos.

I jokingly warned her, "There is no reason to blush... These are some of my model photos showing everything from fancy gowns to nudes. Are you sure you want to see?"

There was no hesitation. "Yes, I want to see what I'm getting into. Show me."

I continued turning pages. She was totally fascinated with what she was seeing.

I turned the next page...

She exclaimed, "That's Shelly! That's a beautiful picture of her. I'm amazed at everything you've shown me. You're very talented. If you can teach me how you get the angles and the lighting right, and how to get people to pose correctly...

I will be your best friend forever!"

I responded, "I can teach you all about photography... and I just might hold you to that best friend offer."

She blushed and had her adorable smile. She was excited. I was glad I had gone back to Burger Shack and offered her my card.

I said, "There isn't enough time tonight to even give you your first lesson. You will be spending quite a bit of time with me. But after a while you will have that knowledge the camera store wanted. I'll help you write a resume that says you have studied as a photographer's assistant. You can go surprise the owner of that store."

She asked, "Why are you willing to do all this for me?"

I replied, "You deserve a break and a little help. All it's going to cost me is my time. You're willing to give me your time. It seems fair to me. Besides... I'm going to get to take pictures of you and I'm enjoying your company."

She said, "I hope our work schedules will allow us to spend time together so I can learn. I don't know how I will ever repay you."

I answered, "Just relax. We'll even get you over that blushing thing. You've already shown me that you know how to thank me... most people like hugs and kisses. That's one reason Shelly and I are such good friends. We both love to share ourselves with the other. There are no expectations or strings attached. We're really just good friends. We can be, too."

Beth Ann had a faraway look on her face. Like she was deep in thought. She spoke, "I hope so."

I said, "You should probably get on home. It's almost 10:00. If you want to come back tomorrow afternoon just call me, I plan on being home."

I stood up and put the album back on the bookshelf. She stood up and picked up her purse.

I said, "Let me walk you down to your car."

Her simple answer was, "OK"

When we got to her car I opened her door. "I think we're going to get along fine. Good night."

She surprised me again. She raised up on tip toes again and put her arms around my neck. "Thank you!" Her kiss was soft... full on my lips for about 5 seconds. She got in and headed for home.

It was about 3:00 on Sunday afternoon when my phone rang. I answered, "This is Mike."

Beth Ann said, "Hi Mike, It's Beth Ann. If you have some time this afternoon I'd like to come over."

My answer. "I'm just finishing up some things I needed to get done today. Come on over. We can continue."

She said, "See you in a few."

Soon she was parking in the apartment lot and heading up the stairs. I was waiting for her at my open door. She did her same little tip toes thing, put her arms around my neck and gave me another soft 5 second kiss.

"Hi, Mike. Before we get into the photography stuff I want to talk about a couple of things."

"Sure, have a seat on the couch." I answered and sat down on the chair.

Beth Ann went on, "A little more background about me. My mom was never one to show much affection. I have some friends that are boys... but I've never had a real boyfriend. Is it OK for me to share hugs and kisses with you? I'm finding out that sharing feels nice."

I was surprised again. I looked at her... her facial expression was almost pleading and her eyes were open wide. I said, "Beth Ann, Just so that you never have to ask again...I hereby give you permission to kiss me anytime and anywhere... even if we run into each other in the super market and you're with your mom. And of course hugs are always welcome."

Her expression turned into a smile. "I've watched how you and Shelly would sit in Burger Shack and I've seen her put her hand on your forearm and you put your hand on her thigh, to be sure you had the other person's attention. I've never noticed other people doing that. Maybe they do but I've not noticed it. Is it OK if we do that? I'm finding that I'm learning some simple little ways that make people feel good. I want to see how it feels. I hope it's OK."

I stood up, walked the couple of steps to sit down beside her. I reached over to put my hand on her knee...and realized that I hadn't even noticed that she was wearing a short skirt. She was also wearing a soft sweater.

I said, "Never be bashful about asking any question. If a question is not asked,

it can't be answered."

She turned slightly toward me and put her hand on mine. "I have a lot, about life, that I need to learn. I'm glad you came in for lunch yesterday."

I assured her, "We plan on spending quite a bit of time together. There is always time to learn... not just about photography, but about life."

She smiled, "I think I see why Shelly likes you so much."

I said, "Let me get my album again and I'll start pointing out how different lighting can totally change a picture."

We spent the next two hours studying how lighting affects a picture.

I looked at my watch. It read 5:30. I asked, "What time do you need to be home."

She answered, "When I get there. I have all evening if you do."

I asked, "How about I take you out for a nice dinner. I promise it will not be at Burger Shack!"

She was surprised. "I was enjoying myself so much I hadn't even thought about eating. You don't have to take me anywhere fancy. I wouldn't know how to act.

I've never been in a real fancy restaurant. But if you want to treat me to dinner out I'm sure I will enjoy it. I'm enjoying your company."

I suggested, "There's a nice mid-range restaurant over on the west side. Let's go try it."

Her short answer again. "OK."

We went down to my car and I opened the passenger door for her. She slid in.

I walked around and opened my door to get in. My car has bench seats, not buckets. She was sitting right in the middle. I got in. We were very close together. There were three seat belts. She buckled herself into the middle one. I buckled my seat belt and started the car.

She said shyly, "I guess I will have to admit that I've spied on you two a couple of times as you were in the parking lot and I was up at the front by the windows.

I saw where Shelly always sat. I hope this is OK."

I laughed softly, "I know I was watching you. I didn't realize you were watching me. So, what else have you seen?"

She again asked shyly, "Do I have to answer?"

I said, "If we're going to be good friends, we have to be honest with each other.

If there is no trust that we can say whatever is on our mind with no worries about the response, then the friendship won't go very far. So, Yes. You have to answer."

"OK. I've noticed that kisses between you two always last more than just a few seconds. I've seen kisses like that in movies... but I've never been kissed that way."

I smiled at her. "After we have dinner. Let's go enjoy our first dinner together."

She was quiet as we got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. We enjoyed a tasty dinner and friendly conversation. I left the waitress a tip and paid the bill at the cash register. We walked out to my car. I opened her door and she slid in, all the way to the middle of the seat. She was putting her seat belt on as I got in and buckled mine. I reached over with my right hand and put it on her thigh right at the hem of her short skirt. She didn't even flinch.

I said, "Let me start your social education. There are many kinds of kisses. We can discuss them on the drive back to the apartment."

She laid her left hand on my right forearm.

I started describing several ways to share a kiss, depending on who you were with and how you felt about them. From the simple, sincere kisses she had given me all the way to lovers kissing like in the movies. She was listening intently. When we got back to the apartment I did as I always do, I went around and opened her door. She slid over and got out. We walked up the stairs hand in hand. I unlocked the door and opened it. She went in and I followed, closing the door behind me.

I said, "I told you that you were safe in my apartment. That, is a guarantee!

If you want to experiment a little by starting with sharing a few kisses like we already have, and then trying some new things like I described to you... we can just go slow. We will stop when you say stop. It's up to you."

I waited for her to decide if or what she wanted to try. We were still just standing a bit apart.

Beth Ann said softly, "The little kisses like I have given you are my only experience at kissing. I've heard some of the girls at school talk about kissing their boyfriends. I know you are just my new friend and not my boyfriend but I want to sample at least half of what you described to me. Just talk to me as we go so I know what to expect."

I replied, "I think we should try one quarter of what I described. The next time we are together you can decide if you want to sample to half way."

I stepped close to her. "Start with your hands at my waist instead of around my neck. I am going to hold your beautiful face in my hands. Just let yourself follow what feels natural. We can proceed slowly. We are not in a rush."

OneWhoKnows
OneWhoKnows
137 Followers