French Awakenings Pt. 08

Story Info
Worries are laid to rest, decisions are made.
9.3k words
4.53
2.4k
1
0

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/18/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could tell something had Chris excited, he was trying his hardest to stay calm and doing a really bad job of it. I did wonder if Charley had let slip our prospective date for the evening but much as it pains me to say it, his demeanour would not be explained by the thought of a night's debauchery with the two of us. No, this was something seriously big. Big and probably work related, and I was going to have to let him reveal all in his own way, at his own pace.

He led the way back to the admin office, Darren was waiting there for us, equally buzzed. Chris wiggled his mouse (that's not a euphemism) bringing his screen back to life, he typed in the password, clicked on the file icon, and into a folder marked "WorldWidePics". A video of Robots hitting each other in some futuristic warzone, or people dressed as Robots, hard to tell which, appeared.

Proudly he announced "That's "New Earth Trooper". It hasn't been released yet, and this is time stamped yesterday. It looks as if we weren't the intended target of the hacker, this was.

My guess is we were collateral, and our server got the same instruction as WorldWide's but ours was routed through my cloud VM blah blah Monkey Peanut machine"

Most of that went right over my head, I focussed on the bit I understood.

"Why have you got a film that hasn't been released yet on your laptop?" I was confused. Chris isn't really a Sci Fi fan, the tech normally annoys him too much, and getting his hands on the latest Hollywood blockbuster wouldn't explain his excited state.

He clicked another couple of icons and brought up a file marked "Oplata" which contained a couple of excel spreadsheets. Clicking on the first revealed a list of a dozen films, most of which I recognised as recent big releases, with names, email addresses and amounts next to each one.

Darren couldn't contain himself any longer, "These are all films that the guy in Minsk hacked into and copied. He dropped his ransomware into the studio's server and charged them to unlock it, $25,000 dollars a time. Not enough to make it worth their while to put huge efforts into cracking it, but over six months he's grossed over two hundred and fifty grand from the studios plus he's sold the originals to pirates in Russia who then sell questionable copies through various sources. "

A flash of guilt hit my gut, Jane and I had spent five minutes flicking through dodgy DVDs on the beach, mainly to make the guy selling them squirm in embarrassment as we demanded, then looked through his porn stash. If we'd spotted anyone that we knew we may have bought one, but we didn't so we got bored and chased him away. I pacified myself with the thought we hadn't contributed to the piracy, we'd just wasted his time.

Chris took over, "We got hit, I think, because Jamie got the cameras and hard drive controller in a clearance from WorldWide, and they'd been infected with the malware. When the message was sent out triggering it, we would have been an added bonus if I hadn't been routing the links via my cloud server.

I spoke to Jamie and Sandy earlier today, they're going to get Lou Carpenter to approach the studio any time now then, when she's been in touch with them, we'll have a Zoom call. She will probably want me to talk to the FBI via the embassy here."

Now I could see why he was so excited. Hell, I was excited with all the talk of Hollywood and the FBI, it was like being in a dream. A thought occurred to me from years of watching rubbish TV shows,

"Do you need to have a solicitor present for the interview? Someone to make sure the maverick cop doesn't trample on your rights as he gets the job done in an unorthodox way?" I put on a really bad New York accent, "You're a loose cannon O'Malley, you got twennyfour hours or I'm taking your badge and your gun."

He gave me his exasperated-trying-hard-to-keep-a-lid-on-it-but-really-quite-annoyed look. "I don't think the deputy legal attaché from the US consulate in Marseilles will be a Maverick who gets results her way, but just in case she is I'll ask Lou to be on a zoom link. "

I was impressed and told them both I was proud of them. Chris got a kiss; Darren got a peck on the lips. One thing was confusing me "So where does Jane fit in?"

Darren clicked first. "Oh, no, sorry. Sandy was looking for her, said it was important. I think she's in the gym."

Jane tutted in annoyance, making a sarcastic remark about men getting excited and not being able to hold more than a single thought in their heads at once. Then she stood up and was gone.

Chris took the opportunity to run me through some of the other things he'd unearthed on the hard drive, it wasn't just the movie world that Boris the Belorussian had been hacking. There were folders with music from a couple of major record labels, including one I recognised from last year's X Factor. Don't judge me.

We'd been browsing films and music for about ten minutes when Chris's laptop made a strange warbling noise and a telephone icon popped up. Two clicks of the mouse later and we were doing the Zoom greeting ritual "Can you hear me? I can see you can you see me?" and then we were talking to a slightly overweight woman with grey bobbed hair, brown rimmed glasses and a grey knitted top.

She introduced herself as Lou Carpenter, Dreamtime's attorney. When she spoke, she had a soft west coast accent, with a business-like air about her. "So, I'm going to assume that we have Chris and Nicola, as well as Darren who I already know. Chris, I have an idea on the situation from Jamie and Sandy, can you fill in the blanks. Before you start you should know anything you say to me as your attorney is protected under US law, I cannot release it to the courts or law enforcement and if I did it would be inadmissible as evidence."

Chris summarised the situation, holding nothing back including the deletion of the hackers hard drive and his ghosting a copy.

I added that I was a bit worried by all this, not having my dark X Factor watching secret revealed to the world, more it was the thought of having an eastern European criminal group with a downer on us, I didn't want to wake up with the fishes, and told Lou it was concerning me. She put my mind at rest by pointing out the value of each transaction was quite low and probably pointed at a lucky amateur, but she would raise that with the FBI when she spoke to them.

She went on. "OK, in my opinion this will come under US legal jurisdiction, it's kinda complicated because you're in France, the hacker's in Belarus, the servers are in California and the gateway you routed it through is in England but the attack was on US based servers so that's one point on Uncle Sam's list, it was on US registered companies, point two, and he's been stupid enough to use US Dollars as his currency of choice, which means the FBI and Treasury will come and fuck up his life.

You've technically potentially broken the law in Belarus by reverse hacking him but because you didn't delete the information it could be restored so it could be said you didn't permanently deprive them of their data, so first, he's got to complain to the cops, second, they have to take him seriously and third you have to be in Belarus to get yourself arrested.

The French and English cops won't want to know, it's cost and trouble for them that they can leave to the FBI to deal with."

I felt happier hearing all that, Chris was nodding like he was Rumpole of the Bailey and understood all this legal stuff, Darren was still looking awestruck at the whole thing. Lou and Chris talked a bit longer and arranged to reconvene after she had spoken to the Studio and the law. Chris shared with her a chain of numbers and letters that he described as the key to unlock WorldWide's computers. He used words like Hexadecimal and 128 bit encryption.

Once she'd hung up there was a shocked silence in the office. I looked at the two men and taking due consideration of the circumstances, the people involved and the opportunity there seemed only one thing to do. Ten minutes later the three of us stood in the main kitchen with a mug each of hot brown heaven, we insisted Darren had a mug as well, I told him it was a situation in which only drink would do and there was no other option and that if he was going to work with Chris in the future, he was going to have to learn to drink tea.

Jane chose that moment to appear in what I can only describe as a flustered state. I offered tea, she looked at me as if I was an idiot and pointed at the clock on the wall. "Five Thirty. It's Booze O' Clock. Get me a very large Sauvignon Blanc."

I handed her about half a pint of wine, a large portion of which she downed in one long draught.

"So what did Sandy want? Are you joining her menage with Carl and Jamie?"

Jane shook her head, "No. No, it's nothing like that. Look, Nix, Chris, you're my closest friends, Darren, you can be in on this as well. I need your advice.

I just had a meeting with Sandy and Jamie, they got Lou the attorney on facetime, and we all had a talk.

It seems that the US government is aiming to bring in workers protection on European levels in two years' time. California is ahead of the curve and is about to enact legislation to force employers to manage workers wellbeing, the real kicker is it will apply to subcontractors as well. That means Dreamtime will need an Occupational Health Manager, someone to ensure acceptable working conditions are being followed, to ensure safe working practices and to manage the medical insurance and records. Basically, to run an HR management function." She paused, whether for effect or because she really did want some more wine, I couldn't say but I topped up her glass anyway.

With an excited squeal she continued.

"They've asked me to take it on. They like what I've been doing here with the dietary advice and keeping people off the grog and want me to incorporate that into the role too." She paused and ironically lifted her large glass of white. "So, they want me to make it a permanent thing. Starting as soon as possible."

I genuinely lost the power of speech. I threw my arms around her and hugged tight, tears burst from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. This was the best news I could imagine; she'd be great. I could only see a resounding success in her future.

Darren seemed to be delighted too and expressed his certainty that everyone else in the crew would be equally happy.

Chris was a bit more practical," What about work visas? I could do comms work as a contractor, but this is full time. You'll need a green card, and I am prepared to bet Occy Health isn't on the list of required skills."

Jane pushed herself free of my embrace and took another drink, "That's where the advice comes in, Sandy talked to their attorney, Lou, and she thinks the easiest way would be as an artist, if I can establish myself as a performer then I can get a green card on my own strengths as a unique artist. "

I had regained the ability to speak, "Artist? You mean like in the movie? That sort of artist?.........Do you want to?" Jane smiled and sipped her wine with a smile.

She gave a nervous laugh, "It's a quick solution. After Chris's experience it doesn't seem too scary and in my mind it's like a reboot on what I want from life. My decisions, my body, my future. I might send a copy to Paul Foster. And my Ex-Husband, the little shite."

I shrugged, "Well, seems like you've got it all sorted out. What advice were you looking for?"

She laughed and finished the wine, holding her glass out for a refill. "Why, who do I shoot my scene with of course."

Darren put his mug down, I noticed he'd finished it without complaint, I allowed myself an inward smile and a thought that my work here was done. The click as it hit the worksurface caught everyone's attention, and in a frozen moment we all stared at the tall American.

I grinned, "If you're going to do a scene I think it should be a real exploration of what you want to be doing, how about Darren and Charley?"

Playing it cool Jane shrugged and suggested that, well, if he was free, would he be perhaps interested in erm maybe.....

Darren grinned, and confirmed he would be happy to do a scene with her and he would go and check with Charley right away. Jane hugged him, saying "I'll talk to Sandy and Jamie, they told me we can shoot it tomorrow before lunch."

Darren was about to grab a glass of wine himself to join the celebration when the Occupational Health manager noticed he was after some alcohol and raised an admonishing finger.

"Ah-ah, no. You've got a demanding scene tomorrow. You're going to need all your energy for that, plus you've got a rehearsal tonight. If that's OK?." Jane winked at Darren, who lit up with anticipation.

Feeling really happy for Jane sorting her future out, if not 100% with her on the immediate solution, I took Chris outside. I was finally getting a chance to talk to him about what was going on in our lives, we talked about the scene he'd done with Ginny, with the benefit of a few days perspective I was still happy about what had gone on, and I told him so.

He came back and told me what a thrill it was for him seeing me getting the male performers ready, and the trial scene I'd done with Luc and Darren. He told me I was sexy, strong, beautiful and in control. I quite enjoyed being told all those things so I pretended to be worried he wouldn't be happy just so he'd tell me how great I was again, which he did because he knows me.

We talked about boundaries and inclusion, and the differences between what we were doing and what happened at home, how we were both comfortable with what we'd done so far in front of everyone and as long as we were both happy, we weren't going to limit what might or might not happen.

"Did you mean all that, about being together and enjoying our time because we're here together?" I whispered, holding his hand as we walked through the gardens.

"Every bit of it. I'm enjoying being here because I'm here with you, and only because I'm here with you. It's having such strong feelings for you that makes it possible, and I hope you feel something similar."

I agreed quickly and absolutely. "Physically, I enjoyed doing the scene with Luc and Darren, enough that I'd do it again if I had a chance, but I really want one of them to be you and I wondered if you'd want that, and if you'd want to be with me and another girl?"

He pretended to think about these options, for almost an entire five seconds, turning to face me he gripped my head between his big hands and turned my face to his, kissing me hard on the mouth, his tongue entwining with mine. "I'd love it, both of them. Whenever you want."

With my lips still locked to his I giggled and managed to say through my laughter "well that's just as well because I've got a surprise for you later."

The front of his trousers confirmed he was in favour of the idea, poking me hard in the tummy. I reached down and gave him a slow sensual rub through the cloth, with my other hand I took hold of one of his and held him to my breasts, smiling as he massaged me through my T shirt.

I continued my trying-to-talk-around-his-tongue-and-lips trick "If, hypothetically, your super-hot and sexy wife had set up a threesome with someone else and that someone else was another girl, would you want your super-hot and sexy wife to do anything with that girl?"

The front of his trousers became even more pointy and poked me hard in the stomach. There was my answer.

"And if your super-hot and sexy wife set one up with another man and you, would you want to do anything with him?"

Wow. Instant deflation.

Pushing away, he spluttered "Wh, why, aher *cough cough* why do you ask? Is that something you'd like? I mean, if you really..."

I thought I'd have some fun teasing him.

"Well, you'd obviously like to see me with another woman, licking her pussy, kissing her nipples, having her make me cum with her mouth and fingers. You'd love that, wouldn't you?" The sudden subsidence of his tent was matched by an almost as swift growth spurt as I whispered all this to him with my hand taking a firm grip on his cock through the light fabric of his shorts. "I know I'd love it, so I'm sure you'd love it. I can't wait to taste that sweet, salty, pussy taste. Mmmm"

Now I had his attention.

"So it seems only fair that if I get to do it and you get to watch, then I should get to watch you take a massive erect cock deep into your mouth and work your tongue gently around the tip. Mmmm, I'd love watching that, maybe we could do a two-person blowjob on him together."

I don't know if there is a Hell but if there is I am going to go there and burn.

I know he's the love of my life, and I cannot see any circumstances in which we will not grow old together, but I do love torturing him. It's so much fun and in this case so easy. He was desperate to not say the wrong thing and equally desperate to please me.

"Look, if you really want me to do it, then I guess I probably could. I mean, if you wanted me to then I think I could probably do it but if it was something you wanted me to do then, yes probably. Not Darren though, I doubt I could manage him. And I'm not giving or receiving anything up the arse."

The fact that he said he would, and I believed him, meant a lot to me. I let go of his swollen tool and put both arms round his neck. With tears prickling in my eyes, I kissed him passionately.

"I was only torturing you hun, I don't really want to see you 69ing with Paul, but I love you for saying you would."

He kissed me back and with a loving smile that only the truly happily married will recognise he whispered "Cow." Followed by "That's a relief. What about the girl stuff?"

Fuck sake. Blokes. Shallower than a birdbath in a drought.

"Oh I meant all of that."

And the trouser tent was back again.

Sandy walked out of the main building. "Oh great, there you are. We've booked a table at the restaurant we filmed in the other evening, are you in? 7.30 meet to eat at 8? Back by 10 or so?"

I answered for us both, "Yeah, sounds good. We'll see you there?"

I adjusted the bulge that had been poking me in the stomach so Chris could walk straight, with a little pat on the outside I promised we'd take care of that later. I got a raised eyebrow at "we" but didn't say anything, I wanted to confirm Charley was still up for fun before I made any rash promises.

I Found her with Jane and Darren in the living room where they were sketching out Jane's debut scene. Charley spotted me and hopped over.

"Hi Nicola, look, I'm really sorry, I know we had plans, but I need to work with Jane tonight, ready for tomorrow's scene"

Disappointed inside I said it was fine and I understood, it was Jane's first scene after all.

Chris and I shot back to the villa to change before eating, on the way his phone rang with an unfamiliar 1-213 prefixed number. Chris was driving so I answered to find Lou Carpenter on the other end.

"I've spoken to WorldWide Pictures, they are most concerned about getting their working copy returned and their servers unlocked. When I gave them the encryption key without asking for anything they loosened up a lot."

I put her on speaker (I'm not totally technically useless) and got her to repeat everything, Chris seemed happy with what she said.

She went on

"I need Chris on a Video conference at 10.30 pm your time, the FBI's LA field office want to speak to you, I'll be on the call as well and would advise you to let me take the lead. I'm going to push for a guarantee of immunity from prosecution for you and your colleagues for any matters arising from this investigation. They should give us that without too much trouble, they may do a token horse-trade of wanting something up front, but we already gave the studio the encryption key. They won't go for absolute immunity in case they uncover a serious crime like murder or drug trafficking. As your attorney you can tell me, have you murdered anyone or trafficked narcotics into the United States of America or any or its overseas territories, including military bases in other sovereign nations?"