All Comments on 'Freya's Redemption'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
WargamerWargamer6 months ago

Nah, l do not believe Freya deserved redemption.

Not one bit.

Scores 2/5

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker6 months ago

Sorry, Wargamer, but the Bear disagrees. This was one of the best stories I have ever read on L/W. 8 stars because it was worth it. The only problem I had was it was so long. Still, it was great. Everything is laid out, and I believe a suitable amount of grief and retribution is visited upon the young lady. She showed enormous and fantastic courage while suffering (Justly, I admit) for her transgressions. The Bear approves. More, please.

P.S. Karma wanted to take credit for this but said it was too complicated even for her, she was just grateful that people got their act together and did it by themselves. nice touch, kids.

The BEAR

Dalton402Dalton4026 months agoAuthor

@LT56linebacker Thank you kind comments and for seeing what I was trying to do.

mstbdscrt1957mstbdscrt19575 months ago

Wargamer, If a person changes way of life for the better all deserve redemption and respect they earn. All people deserve 2nd chance after seeing and correcting the errors of their ways.

Rosc0tuskerRosc0tusker5 months ago

Overwrought, with a ridiculous pseudo Victorian morality that actually leaves a bad taste in the mouth. The piling on of unrealistic consequences and reactions in order to create suffering for the protagonist makes uncomfortable reading. Really, she had to give up her high paying job because she couldn’t afford childcare? No one will speak to her because her child was the result of an affair? You didn’t mention she was Amish, or that the time period was pre 1960.

Another suffering saint husband with a Jezebel wife… There is no complexity or nuance here, just another “she done him wrong and must atone for her redemption” piece.

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

$50,000? to raise a child for 18 years?! GTFOH

And his family is wealthy?! I guess that's how they keep it, offering pennies on the dollar.

Ludicrous.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

Wow what a story. The writing is so good I can only give you 5 stars from Xluckylee,

Dalton402Dalton4025 months agoAuthor

@phill1c You missed the whole point. It was a bribe by Kyle to get out of his parental responsibility. For someone as hard up as Freya $50,000 it was a fortune. Also, Freya is British, $50,000 wouldn't last 18 years in Britain but it would last a long time, probably longer than in the US. It was heavily implied in the story that Freya used the money to put a deposit on an apartment. In some poorer parts of the UK it is enough to buy a house.

Dalton402Dalton4025 months agoAuthor

@Rosc0tusker Again Freya is British not American.

Rosc0tuskerRosc0tusker5 months ago

I can’t see how that changes anything, except make the morality play even more artificial. I’m also from the UK, and simply don’t recognise the social stigma you attach to Freya’s behaviour, sorry.

And although I never mentioned it in my previous comment, the money thing would most likely be the reverse of what you seem to suggest. On average the cost of living is far higher in the UK than the USA, as are property prices. $50k, which is around £39k at the current exchange rate, is no great sum at all, something a high achieving company exec such as Freya (before the intellectual and emotional lobotomy brought on by the moral panic her adultery created) would be all too aware of.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The part where Freya tells Diana that she's going to be an aunt is bizarre, in that it's both obvious and just a wierd thing to say in that situation.

At times the story felt it was set in the 1950s, when clearly it wasn't. I say this because every play area, school playground etc is full of single parents and no one cares about it, let alone the idea that a mother would be single because she cheated and therefore no one would talk to her. Just doesn't happen in the UK, there are far more credible reasons for being cold shouldered at such places.

Just as Freya wouldn't have been made unemployed. She'd have been given generous paid maternity leave along with unpaid. If they'd tried to sack her she'd have made a fortune from at the tribunal for unfair dismissal. Yes, even shitty American companies have to abide by local employment laws.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I've ignored this in other stories because you set them in the US but no-one would give a fuck in the UK about Freya's activities in the long term. This is a very weird puritanical version of society that you've created and almost unknown in the UK.

There was no need for her to be a single mum if it would destroy her marriage, we don't have the bizarre fetish that infect US mentality about a bunch of cells. The church is not the centre of social life and religions that have a 'Pastor' rather than a Vicar or Priest, number around 350,000 out of 67 million.

You're a good writer but this kind of fetishistic approach to life and religion needs an appropriate setting or realistic reactions of secular community, which would vary but would mostly be indifference.

ironman1017ironman10173 months ago

Not sure why she feels the need to tell ex-husband she’s “ready to grow old with him and give him another child”. It’s like that’s WAYYYYY over sharing. I mean she never gave Charlie a single kid, then cheated on him and would have left him for Kyle until she discovered he was married, then tried to trick Charlie into raising Kyle’s child. So why would he need to know she wanted her new lover to get her pregnant so she could give yet another man besides him (Charlie) a child? Lol. Interesting story, even if I wasn’t the biggest fan considering even starting in the first chapter it seemed as if you were already on the “side” of Freya, but thanks for sharing your story with us.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress662 months ago

I think she should’ve just stopped at “I have found happiness” in her letter, the rest of it makes her look really stupid or still a bitch

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It was a great surprise to me that you had a part 2. Actually I was happy i did not know there was a part 2 focusing on what I conceived with disappointment as the finality of part 1. So bravo with 5 stars from me.

pummel187pummel1872 months ago

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!!!! redemption????? WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Zack is a pathetic fool. Freya is a mean woman. She's a cheater. That's part of the problem. She tried to trick me into raising someone else's child. She confessed to Zack only because it would have come out anyway. She forced the adoption, used Zack's love. She's a dirty person. Zack is a pathetic fool. He didn't have to go back to her. He needed to go to a psychiatrist for addiction treatment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES