A Promise Made, A Vow Broken

Story Info
Yet another take on the classic.
2.3k words
3.83
86.4k
53
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(A different reaction to her announcement)

You must read the original A Promise Made by Hooked1957 to understand the following. I really liked the premise of this of this story. It had a great build up to her going off to fuck Jackson but I didn't like it when Bobby wimped out instead of having a stronger reaction. I get it that he was concerned about his minor children and his relationship with them but to swallow his pride for six years was hard for me to take. I just couldn't buy how he lived with the bitch for that length of time and continued to have sex with her. He finished off the kids High School years, got them off to college and then had her served?

The following is my take on what I think should have happened after Bobby and Traci adjourn to their bedroom, not the kitchen. The old version describing Bobbys life after the divorce is fine and believable.

Like the night before, the party started to break up about midnight and the other couples headed to their respective bedrooms and Jackson to his master. I used the bathroom in our suite and stripped down to my boxers to get into bed. Tracie had also stripped down and brushed past me on her way to the bathroom. She was carrying a nightgown and had put on high heels.

"You don't have to get dressed up for me babe, I like the outfit you're wearing now."

As she entered the bathroom she answered, "It's not for you."

I sat down on the bed and pondered just what the fuck she meant by that quip. Traci was usually quick in the bathroom and I could hear the flush and then the water running as she brushed her teeth. She came out wearing a red satin nightgown that I had never seen before.

"So what the fuck did you mean by your remark?"

"Jackson has asked me to sleep in his bed tonight. I accepted his proposal."

I must have passed out or something and hit my head, because I thought Traci just told me she was going to sleep with Jackson in his bed. I looked at her like she had three eyes, and she realized that I wasn't exactly sure I heard her correctly.

"This has nothing to do with love. This is purely about sex, Bobby," she started. "I've been complete faithful to you for 17 years, you are the only man I love. But I want to have sex with Jackson. He excites me, and I want to see what a different man feels like. After tonight, I will go back to being your completely faithful wife for the rest of our lives, but I think you owe me one night."

I don't know how long I sat there with my mouth hanging open. My wife just told me she was going to sleep with another man, because she wanted to, and I "owed her" that.

"Over my fucking dead body you're going to sleep with him," I finally blurted out.

"This is not a negotiation, Bobby. Accept it for what it is. Tonight I'm his. Tomorrow, and for the rest of my life, I'll be yours."

"Don't be too sure of that, Babe. Remember, there are consequences to every action."

"God damn it, Bobby!" she half-whispered to me. "Do you have to see everything so black and white? It's one night, for God sakes. One night and done. And you're going to ruin everything for everybody. One night. We never thought you'd be so intractable. I probably should have just kept my mouth shut and gone behind your back... but I was afraid if you found out about that, we were definitely finished. So I figured if you knew and let me go, it wouldn't be cheating ...You know, a hall pass."

"Frankly Traci I can't see how I can stay married to you if you go through with this."

"So you are willing to blow up our marriage, lose half your assets, pay alimony and lose the kids just for your stupid male pride."

"It's not male pride Traci. We each took a vow when we were married don't you remember."

"Look Bobby, Jackson is waiting and I'm going to his room. We will talk in the morning and I promise everything will be fine. Just relax and it will all be OK."

With that she turned on her heel and quickly let herself out of our room. I watched her lovely butt do its thing as she left and thought to myself how much I was going to miss seeing that. I sat for no more than two minutes formulating my plan. I then stood up, found my shirt, shorts and shoes and quickly dressed. From the bathroom I gathered my gear and on impulse also pocketed her rings that were resting on the sink. I then gathered my things from the room and stuffed them into my duffle. Her purse was on the dresser and from it I took her phone, powered it off and removed the SIM card. From her wallet I took all of her joint credit cards and put them in my pocket. Then just to be a shit I took all the clothes she had brought and put them in the tub along with enough water to get them nice and wet.

Quietly exiting our bedroom I walked to the master. To get there I had to walk past the other couples rooms. Strangely each door handle was decorated with a sexy nightgown including the master. Of special note was that the master doorknob had Tracie's red satin gown hanging from it. As I paused there the unmistakeable sounds of intercourse were punctuated here and there with the words, 'Fuck me, fuck me harder'. I resisted the urge to open the door and tell Jackson how to really get her off, but I fought off the urge and quietly exited the house. I tossed my duffle into the truck and when I saw his Jag I had an idea. It only took a couple of minutes and I had let all the air out of his tires and pissed in the gas tank.

The drive home was obviously quiet and the roads were clear. I had started a Willie Nelson CD but when he got to "You were always on my mind" I shut it off and threw the disk out the window. At home I tried to go to sleep but her smell permeated the bedclothes so thoroughly that I couldn't stop my mind from racing. Wasting time in bed was useless and so I went to the fridge for a beer and then headed for Traci's laptop computer. Since I was the IT support for our household her passwords for Mail and Facebook were well known. I then made the following post to her page and then sent the same text in emails to most of her address book and specifically, her parents.

The following events happened just this weekend and as a friend, relative or colleague of Traci you might find them interesting. In case you don't know me, my name is Bobby Wilson and I am "currently" her husband.

To set the stage, several weeks ago Traci informed me that we had been invited for the weekend to the lake estate of Jackson Aloysius Fairchild who is single and a patron of the Art Gallery that employs my wife. Also invited were her Boss Lou and his wife Marna Henderson, Joanne and Ralph Gunderson and John and Betty Anders. I believe that Ralph is the Dean of Jameson College and John is the head Pastor of the local Universalist United Church of Christ. The attached photographs show the group on the patio of Jackson's estate. I'm sure you will recognize Traci in her new black bikini. The lap upon which she is sitting belongs to Jackson.

Over the past several months I have noticed several instances of Traci and Jackson flirting. I even discovered the two of them in the back seat of his Jaguar in a dark parking lot supposedly listening to music. She repeatedly has denied any romantic involvement with the man. You can therefore imagine my surprise when on Saturday night as we were getting ready for bed, Traci announced. "Jackson has invited me to sleep with him tonight and I have accepted." I was shocked to say the least and multiple times told her that she should prepare for the consequences if she followed through with her announcement. Those consequences could culminate in divorce. She then told me that I was overreacting and that after all, "it was only sex". She went on to threaten financial ruin for me and loss of my children if I were so stupid as to take the divorce option. Without further discussion she left our room dressed in a new red satin nightgown and matching high heels.

Unable to stop my wife of 17 years from leaving, I followed up on my threats. I packed up my gear and prepared to leave. As I was exiting I noticed that a woman's nightgown was hanging from the doorknob of all of the guest suites including the master. Gracing that doorknob was Traci's red satin gown. From the sounds coming from that room and coincidently all of the other rooms, quite a lot of fornication was taking place in the house. I have no proof that anyone other than Traci was involved in "wife swapping" but if you know any of these people you might want to ask them about the nightgown exchange thing.

I drove directly home from Jackson's. I have no idea if Traci will be coming here or staying with her lover. I will be having Sunday dinner with Ron and Judy, my in laws and my teenage children.

I felt a lot better after taking care of this matter. I also sent emails to my kid's phones explaining in age appropriate fashion what their mother had done. By seven on Sunday morning I had already been on line canceling our joint credit cards and made the other appropriate changes to our bank accounts. I changed the passwords on her phone and every computer device in our home. I then called Ron and Judy and invited myself for lunch. I told them to check their email and that I would answer all of their questions at noon. I really liked them and over the years had more or less adopted them as proxy parents when my folks died.

I then packed an overnight bag for myself threw in my laptop and took off in my truck. I drove around aimlessly until it was time to head to the in-law's. When I got there we all had a good cry. The kids of course couldn't understand why their mother would do something like this. Ron and Judy conveyed in many ways that they thought they had done a better job of raising a kid than this.

And what happened to Traci? I guess my Facebook post and email tribute set off what could best be called a shit storm. From a variety of sources I was able to cobble together a picture of what happened to the 4th of July Massacre participants. The only ones that came out more or less OK were the Gallery Owners, Lou and Marna. The implication and later admissions of wife swapping helped rather than hurt their business. People stopped into the gallery to snoop and frequently found a print or original that they liked and bought. It also brought in other swinging oriented folks that kept the Hendersons busy in the bedroom for years.

Things didn't go quite as well for the Gundersons and Anders. It seems Boards of Regents and Congregation Steering Committees look at swinging as a morally degenerate activity that is anathema to public education officials and the religious community. Both families moved out of the area and in effect disappeared. Jackson of course survived just fine with just a gentle reminder from his trustees to cool it with married women. His bad boy image was in fact enhanced by the whole exercise.

Traci of course bore the brunt of the storm. She had tried to take down her Facebook page but found her password had been changed and so until she could appeal to higher ups at the company it stayed up. Her job at the Gallery was still intact but so many gawkers stopped in that she was forced to quit. Worst of all her family disowned her. Ron and Judy politely met with her to listen but refused to allow her back into their hearts. Her children refused to move back in with her and actually went before a Child Protective Services Judge to allow them to stay with their Dad. I just laughed when the Bitch offered reconciliation. On advice of Counsel I didn't file for divorce, I waited to her to do it. In the mean time her problems built and built. When she had no where else to turn she went to Jackson. I was told he passed her around to his friends and then one day she just disappeared. The kids and I moved back into the house and after twelve months I filed for divorce on the grounds of abandonment.

Two years later at my kids urging, I rejoined the dating world and within a relatively short period of time had hooked up with a group of ladies who had also been cheated on. One of the ladies with whom I shared the strongest attraction and who also shared my views on fidelity accepted my ring. We plan on living happily ever after.