Friends Become Lovers: Alice & Shane

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the bathroom, Alice stripped out of her clothes and stepped in to the shower. She turned the faucet and a quick burst of cold water rushed out at her from the shower head. She stepped awkwardly in place, shivering, as she waited for the water to warm up. Gradually the water temperature rose and she dipped her head back under the firm water pressure.

Her brunette locks hung down past her shoulders now and she smoothed it back over her scalp with her hands. She reached for the shampoo and squirted some on to her palm. She rubbed her hands together and worked up a lather.

Alice washed her hair slowly and calmly, then rinsed the shampoo out. The bubbles from the lather had worked their way down over her body. She smoothed her hands down over her breasts and stomach. Her fingertips grazed over her pubic hair, trimmed and neat, which she had grown out since she was last in this house. Her taut stomach quivered at the feeling; She couldn't remember the last time she had given herself a release. With the house quiet now she thought that perhaps this was the perfect time.

She reached up for the detachable shower head. She sat on the floor of the shower, spread her legs, and started to rub her clit. Alice sprayed the jet of water over her breasts, focussing on her puffy pink nipples. The water massaged each nipple with tiny flicks, arousing and spiking the nerves in the skin. Her nipples were sharp and erect in seconds.

She moved the shower head down to her pussy as she continued to rub herself. She pressed one finger inside her hole and drilled it in and out a few times to stimulate some lubrication. She didn't need much to get her going after all this time, and her finger was covered in juices almost instantly. Alice moved her hand down, under her leg and rubbed her wet finger over her tight puckered asshole. Shane had awoken this pleasure spot for her and she needed to use it now to get herself off.

Pressing the shower head to her clitoris, the water pulsated over the sensitive nub. Alice made slow, circular motions over her pussy with the water, taunting and teasing the entire area. She pressed her finger deep in to her ass, up to the second knuckle, and wiggled it inside her deepest, darkest passage. She let out a groan of pleasure.

Alice felt the pressure starting to build within her abdomen. She quickly removed her finger from her ass and turned the dial on the shower head from open stream to pulsating massage. She focussed the water directly on her rock hard, throbbing clit and continued to assault her ass with her finger.

Without stopping to think, she inserted a second finger in to her ass. She moaned out loud at the sensation of being stretched. Her tight asshole refused to relax so she forced her fingers on their journey. The extra battle of her body fighting her made the pleasure even more intense. No pain no gain, she told herself. Her eyes squeezed tightly, she continued to force her fingers in and out of her tight sphincter as the warm water from the shower head nailed her bulging clit. She pounded her ass harder and faster as the tension built.

Her orgasm came suddently and swiftly, washing over her completely. The muscles contracting in her ass forced her fingers out and her pussy jumped and tensed painfully. She cried out, a loud, low moan. The water continued to shoot over her pussy, the skin and nerves sensitive to every droplet of water. Her orgasm was long, her body slumping with every passing second. Her orgasm finally subsided and Alice opened her eyes. Dark spots danced in front of her eyes, steam all around her. She took a moment to compose herself before climbing up off the shower floor.

-

Alice awoke with the birds the following morning. Glancing out the window she saw a low settled mist over the yard. It was a fresh Spring morning. She was eager to start her day, to visit her dad at the hospital, and assess what her role in his recovery would be.

It was still early, so she decided to head out on a run before the tradesman showed up. All going well she could be done with her run, showered and dressed by the time he arrived. She quickly changed in to her active wear; Sports bra, long sleeved t-shirt, tiny lycra shorts, sports watch, Nike running shoes; Then she tied her hair up on top of her head in a high ponytail and headed out the door.

Breathing in the fresh air of home was invigorating. Her pace was great, and she felt comfortable and light on her feet. She ran a 6 mile loop through the quiet streets on the outskirts of town before turning down her lane and heading for home. Glancing at her watch she was making fantastic time. Her post orgasm sleep-of-the-dead last night had obviously been enough to energise her. She smiled at the memory of the delicious bliss from the detachable shower head.

Nearing her house she saw a truck parked in the driveway. Slowing down to a jog she checked her watch and stopped the timer. He's very early, she thought to herself. She checked the mailbox as she arrived at the property boundary and walked up the driveway.

A man was half hanging over the tray of the truck, rummaging through tools, a tool belt slung around his hips. Alice stood five feet behind him and cocked her head to the side, admiring the tight, jean clad ass bent over in front of her.

"Good morning," she said, amused. "You've come to start the ramp?"

The man stood up and turned towards her. He looked down shyly, a small half smile on his face. Alice's heart jumped. She took a few steps back. Shane looked up in to her eyes.

"Hi, Alice," he said gently. Alice took a laboured breath in. She was shocked to see him in front of her.

"Sh-Shane," she stuttered.

"I'm sorry I'm so early. I've got a busy week, so I wanted to get started on this," he began. "I was hoping I wouldn't wake you."

"Obviously you didn't," Alice said, gesturing to herself.

"You look fantastic," he said, almost to himself.

His chocolate brown eyes drifted down from her face; Cheeks flushed pink; Over her chest and torso, to her slim legs. His eyes lingered on her shoes. He was uncomfortable, shy, Alice could see that.

"You're looking well," she offered. "Healthy."

Shane looked up at her again. "I am," he said. "I was cleared to work about one month ago. So here I am," and he gestured to his truck.

"Funny that there are so many tradesmen in this town yet here you are," Alice said, raising her eyebrows in mock surprise. She'd have to have a word with her father.

Shane laughed, his white, straight teeth gleaming. Alice's heart involuntarily skipped a beat. "Your father was adamant that I do the job," he replied. "My boss tried to send someone else but your dad wouldn't have it."

"That sounds like Dad," Alice said shrugging slightly. She looked over Shane; Green plaid flannel shirt rolled to the elbows, blue jeans, tool belt on the hips, steel capped boots. His hair was shorter now; A buzz cut. His beard was the same, and his eyes stood out more than ever. Alice felt an ache deep in her abdomen.

"How is your leg?" she asked, genuinely interested.

"Really good," he replied, flexing it at the knee. "Sometimes stiff after a long day, but I can do almost everything now, so I'm pleased. I still go to physiotherapy. That seems to help."

Alice looked up at his kind, warm, familiar face; The five feet between them may as well have been five inches. Her insides danced a dangerous dance. Alice didn't like it.

"I'm really happy for you, Shane," she began, then passive agressively added, "I'm glad you got the help you needed and wanted."

"Alice-" Shane began, but Alice cut him off.

"I'm heading in. I'm sure you'll be fine to sort this out without any questions," she gestured towards the stairs.

She turned to leave before he could reply. She knew he would be watching her walk away, so she made sure to swing her hips a little seductively; Just a small reminder of what he'd had and lost. At the front door she bent at the waist and reached low to remove her shoes, her lyrca clad ass on full display. Then she opened the door and went inside without a backwards glance.

-

Alice was fresh, clean and dressed after a long, hot shower. She had been angry to find a damp spot in her shorts when she'd stripped out of her running gear. How could he get to me like that, she had thought. He didn't even touch me. Her pussy had been begging her for another release but Alice had washed herself quickly, steering clear of her clitoris for fear of arousal, and then had stood under the water flow for what had seemed like an eternity.

Now, dressed in tight blue jeans, a white low neck tshirt, open navy plaid shirt and her Converse, Alice was ready to head out to see her father. She had left her hair down to air dry, and had subconsciously checked her appearance a final time before heading out the front door.

She stepped outside and saw Shane crouched down by the bottom step, measuring a plank of wood. Around the bottom step were tools and supplies. She approached the steps and Shane looked up. He groaned a low groan at the sight of her and stood up. With her standing three steps up they were the same height.

"I need to get through, please," Alice said solemnly.

"Here, I'll help you," Shane replied, offering his hand.

"No, it's fine," Alice argued, coming down two steps. She looked around at the best way to go about getting around all the equipment.

"Allow me," Shane said, and before Alice could argue Shane had taken her by the waist, lifted her effortlessly and placed her gently on the path next to him.

He kept his huge, warm hands on her, and all thoughts of anger escaped Alice's mind. She looked up in to his face, a pained expression in her eyes. She was fighting back tears and Shane could see it.

"Al," he whispered. He lifted a hand to stroke her face. Alice turned away and removed herself from his touch.

"I have to go see my dad," she said, walking to her car.

-

Alice had stopped for two take out coffees on the way to the hospital. She had arrived right at the start of visiting hours. Breakfast was being cleared away.

"Dad," she said warmly, smiling, and bent down to give her father a kiss on the cheek. She handed him a coffee.

"Alice. Thank you," he said, lifting his cup in a salute. "So good to see you, sweetheart."

Alice perched on the leather chair next to his hospital bed. "How are you, Dad?" she asked.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," he said reassuringly.

"What's the damage?" she asked and took a sip of the hot liquid.

"Broken ankle, dislocated hip. Cuts and bruises. Nothing that won't heal in time," he said honestly.

"Oh, Dad," Alice said sadly. Tears sprung in to her eyes again.

"Oh, honey. It's okay. I'll be okay."

"I know you will. It's just hard seeing you here, is all."

"I know. They're taking good care of me, though. And I'll be home in a couple of days. Did the tradesman come by?"

"You mean, did Shane come by?" Alice asked, looking up at her father with a sulky look on her face.

"Shane? Oh, they sent Shane did they?" he said innocently.

"Dad, you requested Shane. I know all about it."

"Damn. You caught me out. So you saw him, then?" her father asked with interest.

"Dad, why? You know I don't want to see him. Hell, he doesn't want to see me. Why force us together like that?"

Her father shook his head and sighed. "Ohhhh, Alice. You can be so stubborn. Of course he wants to see you."

"Last summer he made himself very clear that he didn't need my help to recover, Dad. And he's back to full health now, so it just goes to show that he was right."

"Alice," her father scolded. Alice was surprised by the tone of his voice. "You haven't seen him these past few months. He has had setback after setback. He is a man! He sent you away because he didn't want you to see him at his lowest point. He has been suffering, Alice. Physically and mentally. After his last surgery he tried recouping at home but he couldn't, or wouldn't. He went in to a special facility. He's done well, Alice. He's come out the other side. Please don't drag this out any further."

"He hurt me, Dad," Alice said, a solitary tear sliding down her cheek.

"I know he did, sweetheart," her dad said, taking her hand in his. "And it breaks my heart to see you upset. But I can guarantee he has suffered more."

Alice wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. Her beloved dad, so wise. She sniffed and shuffled uncomfortably in her seat. She knew he was right.

"Let's talk about you now, Dad," Alice suggested, attempting to change the conversation. Her dad laughed, "There's not much to discuss. I'm a silly old man who pushed himself too far on the job."

"You won't be able to sleep upstairs, Dad. I'll move your things in to the downstairs guest room."

"Okay, love. Go and do that now. The nurses will be around shortly to give me my sponge bath," he chuckled and gave her a wink.

"TMI, Dad. I'll call you later." Alice stood and gave her father another kiss on the cheek. Then she turned and walked out.

-

Alice pulled in to the driveway next to Shane's truck. Shane was bent over a saw horse, cutting planks with a circular saw. He had his earmuffs on and his saw was making a hell of a racket. She stood nearby and waited, hands over her ears, until he finished cutting so she could walk by.

Finally he finished and slipped his earmuffs off to rest around his neck. Alice edged her way past him and headed for the stairs.

"Alice," he said eagerly when he saw her, "How is your dad?" Alice stood on the lowest step and turned to face Shane.

"He's okay. Thank you for asking. He'll be home in a few days. How long will this take?" Alice gestured towards the pile of sawn planks on the ground.

"Uh, I'll be done by this afternoon. It's a pretty simple construction." Shane ran his hand over his buzz cropped hair.

Alice watched his flannel covered bicep flex and relax. Her stomach flip flopped.

"Okay," she said finally. "Let me know if you need anything." Alice headed inside the house, closed the door behind her, and let out an audible sigh.

At lunch time she could still hear Shane banging away on the tools. She hadn't stopped thinking about what her dad had said and decided to offer Shane an olive branch of sorts. She made a stack of grilled cheese and a pot of coffee, and carried it to the front porch.

Shane looked up from his position at the foot of the stairs, a nail resting between his lips.

"Lunch?" she offered coyly.

"Sounds great!" Shane chimed, a grin spreading across his face. They sat side by side on the top step. The mist had cleared by mid morning and a cheery sun was warming the air.

Alice grabbed a sandwich from the pile and took a delicious cheesy bite.

"It's coming together," she said, pointing her chin at the angled frame that was being constructed on the lawn. Shane nodded, silently chewing a mouthful of grilled cheese. His elbows were resting on his knees.

"Did you know I'd be here?" Alice asked quietly, looking down at her toes. Shane turned his head to look at her.

"I had hoped you would be."

Alice felt him watching her. Eventually he turned back towards his lunch. Alice released a breath that she didn't even realise she'd been holding.

Alice tried to think of something fitting to say but all she could manage was "How's your mom?"

"I don't want to talk about my mom, Al. I want to talk about us." Alice turned to face Shane and came eye to eye with two deep pools of chocolate staring back at her. "I need to talk with you about us," he urged.

"Shane," Alice whispered. "I... I... " she wasn't sure how to proceed. "My dad said a few things to me. A few things about your recovery," she explained. "It was hard on you."

"I fucked up, Alice. I fucked up." Shane dipped his head and sighed. "I should never have told you that I didn't need you. I regretted it as soon as I'd said it. But I couldn't have you waste your time caring for me when I wasn't sure if I'd even recover. I wanted you to go on living."

Alice placed her hand on Shane's forearm and felt the muscles and tendons flex under her palm.

"Why didn't you call me, Shane?" Alice's voice broke when she said his name. He reached across and pressed his palm to her cheek.

He took a quivering breath. "I wanted to, so badly. But I couldn't. Call it macho, stupidity, whatever. I was embarrassed. But most of all, I didn't want to interfere in your world. You're breathtaking, Alice," his thumb gently caressed her smooth cheek. "I figured you'd be hunkered down with a snowboarding instructor on top of a mountain."

Alice laughed, just a giggle at first. Then she laughed loudly. And then she couldn't stop laughing. Shane looked at her with a quizzical, warm expression.

"What's so funny?" he asked, laughing with her.

"You couldn't have been more wrong. Hunkered down with a snowboarding instructor on... where?"

"On top of a mountain," Shane laughed.

"On top of a mountain! God, honestly. When I wasn't on the snow I was hunkered down alone in my twin bunk bed, in a room I shared with three other women. I mourned over you, Shane. No snowboarding instructor would have wanted me with my sullen face and bad moods."

"Sullen face," Shane repeated, his eyes drinking her in.

He cupped her chin in his hand and pressed his thumb to her full lower lip, stroking it lightly. "This sullen face is all I've seen in my dreams since last summer."

"Good dreams?" Alice whispered.

"Amazing dreams," he confirmed. He released her lip and reached up and wiped his thumb across a tear which had fallen on Alice's cheek. Alice pressed her face in to his hand and closed her eyes. She felt at peace for the first time in a long time.

Suddenly, her reverie was broken by the jingle of an incoming call.

"Sorry, babe," Shane said gently, releasing her face and pulling his phone from his back pocket. He checked the screen. "It's my boss." Alice nodded and stood up. She left Shane to his phone call and retreated inside the house.

She wandered up the stairs to her bedroom and flopped on top of her bed. A few minutes later her cell phone pinged; A new text message.

Shane Merryweather

Received today at 1:07pm

I could've sat there looking at your face all afternoon. Unfortunately, my boss expects me to finish this job. Can we talk once I'm done?

Alice sent off a reply text.

Yes. Come find me once you're finished.

Alice slipped out of her jeans and pulled on a pair of tight blue Daisy Duke shorts. She grabbed a book from her shelf and padded downstairs and out the back door. The sun was high in the sky and there was a warm breeze blowing across the yard. Alice chose a sunny spot on the deck, lay down on her stomach and opened her book.

-

Tiny pricks of static electricity. Nerves on end. A cool breeze. Alice opened her eyes. She must have fallen asleep. Her book lay closed next to her face. Alice felt a tickle running up the back of her calf and thought for a moment that an ant was crawling on her. She turned to swat it and saw Shane crouched next to her, his fingertips on her skin. He saw she was awake.

"You're so beautiful when you're sleeping," he said, moving to lie next to her.

The sun had moved across the yard and was casting long shadows over the lawn. It must be almost 5pm, Alice judged.

"All done out front?" Alice asked, rolling on to her side and propping her head up on her hand.

Shane nodded. "All done."

The breeze blew gently between them. Alice's hair whipped around her face. Shane reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. His fingers lingered, tracing along her jaw line.

"I'm so sorry, Alice. For everything."

"You broke my heart, Shane," Alice finally admitted. Shane took a shuddered breath. His eyes searched her face, coming to rest on her mouth. Alice saw the sadness and regret in his eyes. "But I can understand why you did what you did."