All Comments on 'Friends, Enemies, and Exes Ch. 12 (FINALE)'

by RootOfTheStory

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A Satisfying Ending but Bitter Sweet

Your story as a whole was excellent. Your characters felt real the story progressed naturally. The only thing that felt off to me about the entire story was Penny and Charlie breaking up.

Charlie setting everyone free makes total sense and it was the correct narrative decision, except in Penny's case. She didn't want to be freed, she just wanted Charlie to be happy. Similarly, Charlie wanted Penny to be happy. So then why not have them be happy together if that is what will make them happy?

Charlie and Penny's love was a constant throughout the story. It was always respectful and always loving. So having them break up seems like an unnecessary sacrifice in some respects.

Love is at the heart of this story and for love to then be sacrificed unnecessarily feels a bit off putting.

I'm sure this comment must seem overly negative but it didn't ruin the story for me. Truth be told, you made the harder choice. Though I may not agree with it, I can respect it.

You did a fantastic job and you should be proud of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Agreement

I agree with Powowguy. I think the only mistake with the story itself was separating Penny and Charlie. Penny hadn’t been required at all from what I read, and she should’ve been safe from losing her mind entirely. They loved each other and just wanted the best for each other. Obviously Charlie thinks her being away from him is best, but it felt off that the entire story basically revolves around their love of each other but then it ends with them not being together.

As a whole; the story was wonderful and very well written. I look forward to seeing more of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Disagree

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with the first two comments. It was a difficult decision for Charlie, but I feel it hurts him more than Penny because he is fully aware. I think we all agree though it was extremely well written with the right mix of intrigue and wicked hot monkey sex. That's not always easy to pull off, but you did so masterfully.

I'm really curious about Sophia. Does she inherit this unique "gift", and if so, how does a female inheriting it change the game? There is a similar story here, Sera, (same, but different), about a gift passed down from mother through daughter, through sex, throughout the ages. The "rule", whether tradition or genetic, was one mother, one daughter, through each generation. Until it wasnt. A mother has three daughters, two with the gift, and one of the gifted daughters has a son! That sure upsets the apple cart!

So I find it very curious to see if Sophia is gifted, and if so, how does it change the dynamic, since it has always passed from father to son? Not to mention her mother controlled by Charlie, and bisexual to boot. In my personal opinion, that evolution in things makes for another compelling storyline. Hopefully, somewhere down the road you will explore that. Five stars , and thanks so much for the story.

Jedd

TSreaderTSreaderabout 4 years ago
The end!

First, I wanted to thank you for sharing your story! I truly liked how you kept it going. Though no one could have expected Charlie's harem to grow and grow indeed to such proportions. That said, one needs to think of your ending, not in Charlie and Penny going their separate ways, but that the Author "Roofofthestory" letting go of something they've care for, for some time! I surmise that this last chapter must have been cathartic for the author to let it end, and in this case, everyone was fine, no damage done! I'm looking forward to your next story! Thank you again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

But God did it end sadly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great series

I found this to be a really compelling series. I see what you've said in some of your author's comments. It got really big in a way which is difficult to wrestle to a totally satisfying conclusion. IMO that's a risk with any story which gets that big, erotic or not. Even some of the best stories in the genre of the hero's journey tend to have their final battle followed by a less than satisfying period at the end where the necessary task of tying up loose ends is handled.

Barber_o_SavilleBarber_o_Savilleabout 4 years ago

I read the series. Very well written enjoyed the character builds. Was disappointed that Penny and Charlie did not stay together. I anticipated them staying together, but you have the story - it is how you saw the ending that matters.

Great Read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Started as good fap material, somewhere along the way I became invested and by the ned I was too busy feeling actual emotions to fap. Very well done mate, very well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Why is this actually really good holy shit, make a sequel series one day! Charlie gotta reclaim his throne!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was a psychological horror story, and a fantastic one

Appropriate that it ended in Maine, home of the world's greatest horror writer. It long stopped being sexy to me and just became deeply engaging to read, and I found myself incredibly invested in the romance between the two leads. Because of this, I was shattered that you made the decision to break them up in the end. It seems so unfair, that Charlie shouldn't be allowed to have what he always wanted. He didn't ask for any of this, he just wanted to love his partner and have a life together. I hate that that was how the story ended. It went from being a 9/10 to a 6/10 with that reveal. I feel like they deserved their happy ending, but this was the ending you wanted and I'll respect it. I think if it had ended the other way I would almost certainly bookmark it to read it again in the future, but regardless, it was a much better story than it had any right to be, and I believe you'll do excellently going forward. Just because it wasn't the ending I wanted doesn't mean it wasn't the right ending if you felt it was, so I'll leave that with you. Thanks for the read

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenover 3 years ago
Surprisingly good

Started reading this because I was simply making my way through the Mind Control top 100 list. Didn't think I'd like it at first, because it started at a point where the protagonist had already had and exercised his power for years. I surprised myself by actually sticking with it and becoming invested in the story.

I actually skipped almost the entire trip by the girls on buses heading to Maine. Once I knew they were headed to the final confrontation and Charlie was just sitting in the cabin waiting for them, all the girl-gathering paragraphs seemed pretty pointless to me (the road trip). I feel that was needlessly drawn out, since I already knew the salient points. I only read the part where they met Katie.

I'm not a big fan of the ending, but not for the reason that other commenters have mentioned (Charlie not staying with Penny), but rather the fact that the way it ended makes it seem as though Charlie is going to stay celibate for the rest of his life. Our "hero" is thus getting a "bad ending", and no one wants that to happen.

Also, his daughter was adopted and is now almost 10. There's a good possibility that her parents haven't even told her yet that she was adopted, and there's also a good chance that the parents don't want the biological father to show up out of the blue asking to spend time with their daughter. That's something that adopted kids usually decide on their own after they turn 18. So even this small ray of hope for Charlie is left very ambiguous to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good read most of the way

...and then the ending ruined the whole story for me. What a waste of time developing characters who really don’t matter at all in the end. They never really existed and no one cares about any of them now. And his future holds...? A daughter who may never be allowed to see him? Author’s choice, as always, but for my money, it was a terrible ending to a well-developed story that was thrown away for no good reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Confused but content

Like some others here, I don’t really agree with the Penny split. Not just disagree but genuinely confused. Erasing her memory of what started it all was fine for me but I was very confused when she mentioned the break up. They were happy before it all and like one comment mentioned, their love was a constant through the story.

Confusion and disagreement aside, very well written and not just as erotica but as a story itself. I do think when you have that many characters it gets a little hard to keep up and develop them all but you get a pass for the circumstances of this story in particular. I loved the build up to the final confrontation and how I couldn’t stop reading as I waited to see what Charlie would do when Katie finally showed up.

Overall, great read and definitely interested in keeping up with your future stories. I think with more work and the help of extra editors or revisions, future stories will be even better. Keep it up (but if it’s up for 4 hours, maybe see a doctor)

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 3 years ago

Was a good story over all and I enjoyed it even the errors shows you are human.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

To walk away.. I'd like to think if Lauren and Penny hook up there a little residual feelings that bring both back to charlie

AranelQuinnAranelQuinnabout 2 years ago

A sad and bad ending makes me regret reading the whole thing. I never mind errors, like another has said, you're only human but casting off from Penny's life like that, at the end of what was essentially a harem story just murdered the whole literary experience for me. Great story telling, and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a piece, just take on the whole.

raavan090raavan090almost 2 years ago

Very well written.. . Awesome...Take a bow...

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

He could have stayed with Penny and let her keep free will. They could have found his daughter and lived a new life, all together. The ending dropped my rating to 3 stars.

SuperImpSuperImp12 months ago
Wow.

Very well-written. Like some of the other commenters, I'm a bit conflicted on the ending. I do actually like the bittersweet ending as written (very Butterfly Effect). but as some of the other commenters have mentioned, Charlie and Penny getting together might have made a more cohesive story. Their love story has been a repeated theme throughout. Not sure which would be better...

As an aside, I somehow missed this one when digging for quality MC stories. It turned up in a search under the Oral Fixation tag, of all things. *shrug*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRootOfTheStory@RootOfTheStory
Aspiring screenwriter and novelist, here to get out the erotic scenarios in my mind so that I'm not tempted to put them in my non-erotic stories where they don't belong. My work, in general, is going to be more story based. It may be a playground for my fantasies, but it can a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES