Friends, Sexcapades and Love Affairs Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes."

"Ryan almost lived through one. He settled, but --"

"Wait, did he harass someone?"

"Not really." Mike sighed. "He used to date some guy from the company he was in charge of before coming here. And then, things got stale, and that guy wanted some cash."

"What a story." Jared didn't want to taint Mike's image of Ryan with his current disappointments regarding men, most of all because he honestly thought that there had to be good people in the world left.

"So, Ryan had to pay him so that he didn't sue, but Ryan's family is now adamant that he must keep a clean image and all that."

"Oh." Jared didn't know what to think. "But he has never harassed you."

"I told him that, but he said, just like Adrian, that people wouldn't see things the same as me. They would start spreading rumors."

"Oh, damn, poor you." Jared pulled Mike into a hug.

Mike's phone let them know there was a new message. "Adrian wants to come over. Also, he says that you should turn on your goddamn phone."

"Oh, right. I simply didn't want Chris to call again and ask me for a threesome."

Mike put his hand up. "I've been in that situation. It's not as funny as people might think."

"Sure it isn't. How does Adrian do it? How does he waltz from one kinky situation to another, with no regrets?"

"I think he just likes having fun," Mike said with a shrug. "You know Adrian."

Jared sighed. "It's definitely good to be at peace with yourself. Also, since he doesn't care about relationships, he doesn't need to get annoyed with the same things as us. So what are you going to do about Ryan?"

"I don't know. He tells me he can't remember feeling about someone the way he feels about me, and then he gives me the boot. I mean, not the boot. I mean --"

"Here's your cocoa," Jared interrupted him. "There is one solution, as you know."

Mike nodded. "I can quit and work somewhere else. This should eliminate any conflict of interest or whatever that is. I don't know much about these laws."

"I'm no better myself. So, what do you feel about quitting?"

Mike stared at his hands for a while. "I don't know. I've never worked anywhere else. I don't know if I can adapt."

Jared patted his arm in sympathy. "Take baby steps, Mike. And maybe try to learn a bit more about Ryan first. I don't want to be a cautionary tale, and I'm sure that Ryan is a great guy, but you need to show a bit of interest in him."

"That's a good idea. I'll ask Google."

"It's a good place to start."

***

"Am I late to the party?" Adrian said jovially and gave Jared a hug.

"If by party, you mean cocoa and biscuits, you're not late. I have plenty left."

"Don't bother." Adrian patted his shoulder energetically, making Jared sway a little. "Why was your phone turned off?"

"Long story."

"Good. I have plenty of time."

"And I don't mind hearing it again," Mike added, as he emerged from the kitchen.

"Is it that good?"

"No. Actually, it's pretty bad," Jared replied.

Adrian didn't smile or joke. He watched Jared with a serious expression on his face. That meant that he paid extra attention.

It was good to have friends, Jared thought. He could cry on their shoulder and tell all the bad things he wanted to say about Chris, knowing someone will listen. And that was a pretty important thing, after all.

TBC