All Comments on 'Frig Newton'

by yowser

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
EuanEuanalmost 3 years ago

I like this story at so many levels.

It is intellectually satisfying and the sex was good.

At one stage I was worried that Cassie would turn out to have been a 17th Century ghost but she is flesh and blood.

I write some erotica against an academic background so it is nice to have more of the generi

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenalmost 3 years ago

Fun. I read too fast this morning and was thinking that facsimiles of the Principia exist which would show handwritten annotations, but then realised it was an early draft he was looking for.

I liked the guy getting hard from a girl who could declaim Latin! Some of the dialogue was a little stilted (I am rather than I'm, in particular) but then Cambridge is full of mad eccentrics... Don't diss the porters, though - they're ex-military or ex-boxers and will defend their college and inhabitants with force when a glare or sarcasm haven't sufficed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unbelievedly tedious

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Hi, here from the Geek Pride challenge. This is such a sweet story, with just the right amount of academic angst and uncertainty between Cassie and Rupert to make the reader wonder how it would turn out. I like that there's not a HEA but is hope for some type of future. 5*

P.S. Might Rupert Booker's name and mannerisms be a nod to Rupert Giles, the librarian/Watcher from BtVS? Maybe it's just my old Buffy/Scooby Gang geekiness from 20-something years ago returning for a few minutes but I noticed some similarities between Rupert and how the TV Rupert was portrayed in the early episodes.

G5902G5902almost 3 years ago

This is a wonderful story!!! I also believed that Cassie is a 17th Century spirit. Thank You for sharing this delightful story!

PrfsrPrfsralmost 3 years ago

Excellent! I kept bouncing from the story to find photos of the places mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed it very much. Shame about the cheap shot cliché regarding Brit teeth, since the universal nature of bad dentistry became evident when they started doing interviews at MAGA rallies. I saw Newton in 'This Happy Breed', I had no idea he knew Latin and could do numbers and stuff.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 3 years ago

Nobody does esoteric academia quite like you, yowser. I can only imagine all the dry research you have to slog through to bring these subjects to life and make them not just palatable, but erotic. I couldn't do it. My hats off to you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A classic piece of writing, most original, thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Insulting and shallow

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

You’ve brought me to a place that I’d never go and opened my eyes to a new world. Your characters are perfect geeks, and of a sort that I’m not likely to meet in my sphere. I enjoyed reading the story very much. I also had to pause to look up maps, photos, and “Hooky” beer. Well done!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 3 years ago

Just absolutely sublime. Thank you.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 3 years ago

very well written story.

but I couldn't connect with the story or characters, that's on me though.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Yes. Original. I think. And well written. Perhaps Boyle could be next?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, and well researched! Not sure the Latin quotes from Newton match the English translations.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryowser@yowser
I am fond of a well-crafted story. My interests are broad spectrum, there is something here for almost everyone. I value writing as a tool of exploration.