All Comments on 'From A to Z Ch. 02'

by Chiara23

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
caramelcreamcaramelcreamalmost 13 years ago
I'm feeling a bit disconnected from the characters....

Firstly, just as I said in my comment title, the story seems rushed. I can see that Adele has worked through some big things for herself, if she's decided to take the "leap of faith" and invite Zack into her bed, but we (the readers) missed out on the entire mental and emotional journey that she took to get there. There's a sequence to be followed to get from "A to Z," and this chapter has skipped quite a few letters of the alphabet. After all, at the end of the previous chapter, they were only going to get coffee... I feel amazingly left out, and while I'm happy for Adele, I am unable to be happy *with* her, due to the speed things progressed....

Secondly, Zack's sister, while she seems to be nice, I don't really care for her actions/attitude. It was very strange that she demanded (though she was nice about it, it was still a demand), to see Adele's scars--especially in the first five minutes of meeting Adele. Also, I think her comments about Zack and Adele's nighttime activities and their "break-through" moments were highly inappropriate, and could very easily have caused Adele to retreat back into her shell. I'm surprised that she didn't. I understand that not every person has studied psychology or is a psychiatrist and knows exactly how to interact with a trauma victim, but Sandy has been painted as insensitive and overbearing. That may or may not have been your intention--I'm not sure, but that's how she came across. That being said, I was disappointed by Adele's reactions to Sandy's statements and actions, too. They did not seem quite right. That could be part of her work-through, but again, the readers missed out on that part, which presumably occurred in the unknown six months of her life. To sum it all up, I just need more, and I'm sure you can provide it--you are very skilled. Keep up the good work.

caramelcreamcaramelcreamalmost 13 years ago
Thank you for the edit

I really appreciate the additional background on the transformation of Zack and Adele's relationship. It adds depth and genuineness to the characters and their interactions. Thanks :-)

~Caramel

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChiara23@Chiara23
Struggling writer, stay-at-home mom, amateur wildlife photographer, Star Wars Geekgirl, and culinary mad scientist. *** UPDATE May 31, 2023*** I hate to say it, but I am retired from Literotica as a writer, for the foreseeable future unless I can find something or someone wh...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

From A to Z Previous Part
From A to Z Series Info

SIMILAR Stories