From Almost Daughter to Lover

Story Info
After 20 years apart, man and woman find each other.
4.2k words
4.5
8.5k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Would Be Daughter Becomes Girlfriend

Important Notice - Any references to any character in this work of fiction under the age of 18 are not engaged in any sexual activity and is not implied, inferred, or suggested.

Also, if you're expecting a wham bam, thank you ma'am story, this won't be for you. This story requires a lot of build up and I spent two months deciding how I wanted the storyline to go.

Characters -

Olivia - 26 years old, 5'10", 135 lbs., brown hair, blue eyes.

Joe - 38 years old, 6'1", 195 lbs., jet black hair, brown eyes.

It was a typical hot summer Saturday afternoon around 3 PM and I was finishing up mowing my front lawn when a car I had never seen in the neighborhood before pulled into the driveway. Out stepped a young brunette, I assumed her to be in her mid 20's and she was dressed in a pair of blue slacks, white dress shirt, a blue blazer, dress heels, and her hair was pulled back in a French roll hairstyle. I killed the switch on my push mower and made my way over to find out why she was here and how could I be of service to her.

"How are you doing ma'am? What can I do for you?"

She asked "Are you Joseph Reid, owner of JReid Construction here in Destin, Florida?"

Taken aback by her directness I said "Yes I am."

She continued. "Do you recall a relationship you had with a lady by the name of Janice Morgan some 20 years ago? She had a daughter by the name of Olivia. Sound familiar?"

My mind started racing. Who was this woman? How did she know Janice and Olivia? Was she a cop? A social worker? A relative? I was trying to figure out where she was going with this line of questioning so I asked "Are you a cop? Am I suspected of something bad? Am I allegedly in some sort of trouble?"

Then, without warning, tears began to stream down her face and she looked at me with piercing blue eyes and said "No, But my mother is for walking out on you 20 years ago."

I got a big lump in my throat, looked at her, and said "Olivia? Is that you?"

She pulled out a tissue to wipe away the tears and smeared eye liner and said "Yes. It's me. Right here. In the flesh. And I have a request. You may think it's bizarre but can I please hug you?"

It was my turn to become a crying mess. "Yes, yes, yes, by all means yes."

She ran into my arms and put her arms around my neck and I reached around her and pulled her into my arms. I was all hot and sweaty from the yard work but I don't think, at that moment, either of us cared. We both had a lot of questions for the other and I was hoping and praying that we would be able to answer all of them in due time. Reluctantly, we broke our embrace and I looked at her and said "Let me put the mower up and let's go inside. It's quite warm out here and I would rather we continue this conversation in the comfort of my air conditioned home. The rest of the yard work can wait until tomorrow."

I put the mower up in the garage and invited her inside and inquired "Sweet tea? Lemonade? Water?"

"Lemonade would be nice Joe.....uh Joseph......I mean Mr. Reid.........er.........I mean Sir."

"Please call me Joe. Have a seat at the kitchen counter while I get it ready for you."

She sat down while I listened to her begin to tell me about what happened 20 years ago when she and her mom disappeared out of the blue.

"Joe, you and mom met when she was 21 and you were 18 and I had just turned 5. The guy who got mom pregnant at 18 was some "boy" who was an immature 23 and heavy into the drug scene. After she got pregnant, she rarely ever saw him again until I turned 6. That's when our whole world turned upside down. Mom really admired and respected you because you were so good to her and I thought that you were so awesome because you spent so much time with me. I remember playing hide and go seek and freeze tag and how we would dance when you and mom were in the kitchen cooking. I remember you reading to me and tucking me in to bed and I also remember falling asleep on your chest when we were watching TV. Here. There is something I want to show you."

She reached into her purse and pulled out a 3"x5" photo in a wooden frame. In the photo were Olivia and me on horseback on an Appaloosa horse at Baker Farms in Baker, Florida. I turned to hand her the lemonade and I froze in my tracks looking at the photo.

"Olivia, come with me. Bring that photo with you. I have something to show you." She followed me down the hallway to my office.

I told her "Olivia, walk around to the chair behind my desk and look at the photo you see next to the computer."

She walked around to where she could see the photo and it was a copy of the same exact photo taken 20 years ago. Through tears, Olivia smiled and said "Joe, I don't know what to say. Does this mean?"

"Yes Olivia, it does. I never gave up hope of ever seeing you again and there is something else I need to show you. Look in the top two drawers of the filing cabinet in the corner over there."

She walked over to the filing cabinet and opened the top drawer and there were envelopes, lots of envelopes with her name on every one of them. She closed the top drawer and opened the second drawer. More of the same. "What is all this?" she asked.

"After you and your mom disappeared, I vowed to find you. Every single birthday, Christmas, and Valentines Day, I bought you a card, wrote a personal message to you in each, and I put a $50 bill in each card for you. You see Olivia. I never stopped loving you. I was going to ask your mom to marry me and I was going to ask her if she would have been ok with me adopting you as my daughter. I had everything all set up with the help of my parents. When I got off from work that afternoon, I went home, showered, put on my best suit and drove to your house. When I got there, my heart sank because I could see the house was empty. I was dumbfounded, devastated, hurt, crushed. I didn't know what to say or do. So, I asked my Dad for help. He made some calls to some of his law enforcement and private investigator friends but every trail came up empty. I did every sort of internet search I could think of in order to find you and her but I came up with nothing. For months, I searched and searched and it wasn't until three years later when I ran across an obituary from Dallas, Texas for the guy who was your Dad."

She chimed in "Yeah, he was gunned down in a drug deal gone bad and Mom took us to California to my Aunt Judy's house in Sacramento. I kept telling Mom over and over that we needed to come back to you. She refused because she didn't want any danger coming to you in case anyone ever made the connection between you and her. Fast forward to my senior high school. I made the decision that I was going to join the Air Force to become a dental hygienist. Mom was really excited for me and I was excited to finally be out on my own. I joined the Air Force and, right after I graduated from Basic, Mom and Aunt Judy were both arrested for several felonies related to drugs, murder, money laundering, and a whole bunch of other charges. They won't ever see the walls outside of prison again. After I got to my first duty station at Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, Texas, I decided it was time to to dedicate my efforts into finding you. I didn't know if you still lived in Atlanta or not but that is where I started my search."

I told Olivia "I moved to Destin four years ago. I decided this is where I wanted to eventually retire and it's where I wanted my home to be. But please continue."

Olivia continued "After I finished my assignment in Texas, I was then assigned to Wheeler Air Base in Hawaii and that's how I came to discover where you were."

"You did? How so?" I asked.

"One of the guys I was stationed with is from Destin and he said he heard of a Joseph Reid who ran a construction company. I showed him the picture of us on the horse at Baker Farms and he said that you had to be him --- the Joseph Reid I was looking to find. I only had a few months left in the Air Force so I submitted applications and resumes to several dental offices in this area. I decided that, if you were in Destin, I wanted to be here too. The reason I'm dressed in this business attire and look like a cop is because I just came from an interview at Gallagher Dental on Smith Avenue and I had to see if I had finally found you."

"My darling, you certainly have and I am officially the happiest man in the world. Let me take a shower and we go out to eat dinner and continue this conversation."

"OK, well while you're doing that, I'm going to call the hotel to let them know that I will be checking in late."

"Oh no no no. I won't hear of it. I have another bedroom and it's all yours. You're here. You're back in my life and I never want to lose you again."

"Are you sure?"

"Olivia, I have never been more sure of anything in my life. We have lost so much time together and I want us to catch up and move forward with building our relationship. Do you have any luggage?"

"Yes, it's in the trunk of my car."

I walked outside with her and she used the remote to pop the trunk. I gathered both of her suitcases and she grabbed some other bags that were in the backseat of her car and we made our way inside and down the hall to the bedroom directly across from mine. When I built this house, I wanted both bedrooms to be owner's suite size with California closets and their own private bathrooms. After I placed her suitcases on the king size bed, I told her I was heading to the shower and she said she was going to shower and freshen up as well. Before I made it to the doorway of my bedroom she said "Joe?"

"Yes Olivia?"

"For the record, I'm so happy we have found each other again."

I walked back over to her and kissed her on the forehead and said "Me too. See you in 30 in the living room so we can go eat. Seafood ok?"

"That sounds amazing right about now."

I chose a pair of khaki shorts, a collared shirt sleeve shirt, and a pair of Sperry's to wear to dinner. Olivia came out of her bedroom wearing a nice jean skirt, a black button down shirt, some black and tan wedge sandals, and her hair was down. If she had on any makeup, you couldn't tell. With just a hint of lipstick on, she looked absolutely stunning.

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! You look WOW!!!!!!!" I exclaimed.

Blushing she said "You are one to talk coming out here looking all handsome and debonair."

We both giggled. She pulled out her cell phone and said "Selfies?"

"Yes ma'am. Sounds great."

We must have taken about 50 pics together and I took a bunch of her and she took a bunch of me.

"Well, what do you say little lady? May I escort the most beautiful woman I know to dinner?"

Fanning her hand in front of her face, she replied in an exaggerated Southern belle voice "Why sir, I do declare, with that type of flattery, you just might get a kiss on the cheek at end of the evening."

We both chuckled and made our way to the restaurant. All the way there and during dinner, we shared stories of our lives and it was like we had picked up right where we left over 20 years ago. After the meal and dessert, she grabbed me by my left hand and said "Joe, I promise to never walk out on you. I will stay with you for as long as you wish. That is a promise."

I looked back at her and said "Olivia, right now I'm on top of the world. We have so much to discover about each other and I NEVER want you to leave. EVER."

I picked up her hand and kissed the back of it. She pulled my hand to her and kissed the back of mine.

"Ready to go home -------- our home?" I asked.

"Yes" she replied and smiled back at me.

I paid the bill and we left the restaurant and headed home. The day had certainly been eventful and we were both very tired when we got home. We said our goodnights and adjourned to our bedrooms.

The next morning, around 7 AM, I woke up and the distinct smell of breakfast hit my nostrils. I put on my shorts and a t-shirt and made my way to the kitchen. There was Olivia in a pair of oversized gray shorts and a Metallica t-shirt just cooking away.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat.

She turned to face me. "JJJJJJOOOOOEEEEEEEEEE" she shrieked as though we hadn't seen each other in months. She walked over to me and gave me a big hug and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hungry?" she asked.

"Yes, Im starving."

"Good, coffee is ready and I have made us grits, eggs, and bacon. Everything will be done in about 10 minutes."

"OK. I'm gonna go brush my teeth and shower. Back soon."

"Wait. Joe, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, fire away."

"Do you have any dress shirts that you hardly wear?"

"Yes I do. I have several. Why?"

"Can I have a couple and can you spray some of your cologne on them? It would mean the world to me to sleep in them so I can feel closer to you."

In my best British accent, I answered "It would be an honor Madame." And I gave an enthusiastic bow and exited the kitchen so she could finish making breakfast. I found a couple of dress shirts and sprayed my cologne on them, per her request and went to her bedroom and laid them on her bed for her. Her room was tidy and organized and her bed was made. I was certainly hoping that she wasn't going to think I was a slob, although I did my best to keep the house straightened up.

I made my way to the kitchen after my shower and she and I ate breakfast. It took us a while to eat because we were so busy catching up about our lives and talking about things we wanted to do and places we wanted to visit. I had this amazing feeling inside of me and it was telling me that Olivia was the missing piece of my life that had finally made its way back to me. We finished eating and cleaned up the kitchen and dining room and we worked together to wash the dishes. After the dishes were done, I asked what she wanted to do. She looked outside and said, "Well since the Gulf of Mexico is your backyard, can we enjoy it and swim?"

"Absolutely. I was thinking the same thing. While you're changing, I will grab a cooler and put some water and sweet tea on ice and grab a couple of beach towels."

"OK great" she replied.

I got the cooler and towels ready and went to my bedroom to change into my swimsuit and came back to the kitchen to wait for her. When she came into the kitchen in her bikini, I caught myself thinking out loud and said "Oh my goodness gracious." Her bikini, well what there was of it, was pink and there was a little bit of fabric covering each nipple and the bottom had a small piece of fabric covering her pussy lips and everything was held together by a couple of strings.

"Oh nooooo. What Joe? Do you want me to go change? I can. I have other suits that cover more. I just figured since we have a lot of privacy that it would be OK to get some of my body that isn't tanned some exposure to the sun."

"No no no no no Olivia. You're fine. And I mean that in a complimentary way. You're just so beautiful and I'm not used to having a woman in my life, specifically in my kitchen, wearing so little. I'm a gentleman and you're a lady and I want you to be comfortable wearing anything you want around me."

"I'm glad you feel that way because you, and ONLY YOU, will see me with this much skin exposed. Oh, and we forgot something last night before we went to bed."

"Oh? What's that?"

"We forgot to tell each other we loved each other before we went to sleep."

"Oh gosh, we did, didn't we? Well Olivia, I love you so much. Please don't forget that."

"I love you too Joe, more than you'll ever know." And with that, she kissed me on the cheek and we left the house to make the 30 second walk to the beach.

I set the cooler and towels down and we went straight into the water and let the cool Gulf water cool us off in the warm Florida heat. After we swam around for a bit, she and I both looked at each other and, without hesitation, we said at the same time "Selfies?" And we both laughed. We made our way to the cooler and I grabbed my phone and we took a bunch of selfies together and she took pics of me and I took pics of her. We laid out the towels and placed them immediately next to each other. We laid on our towels and propped ourselves up on our elbows so we could make eye contact as we talked.

Then she asked "How would you feel about us making an Instagram page together so we can share all of our photos we have taken so far and will take as each day passes?"

"Sure. I think that would be amazing. I'm sure your friends are gonna be asking who the old man is in the photos?"

"You mean, who the handsome hunk is would be more like it. And I would be honest and tell them. His name is Joe and I love him so very much and how happy I am we found each other again after 20 years. Soooooooooooo water time!!!!! Last one back into the water is a rotten egg."

And, with that, she and I both jumped up and sprinted to the water and dove in. We splashed each other and swam together and spent more time talking and thoroughly enjoying each other's company. After I found some good footing, she approached me and stood in front of me. She lifted herself up so that her arms were around my neck and her legs were wrapped around me. She was a vision of beauty.

"Joe" she said. "For the first time since I was a little girl, I am happier than I've ever been."

"Olivia, for the first time in 20 years, I now know what happiness and peace feels like again. I wanted so much for you to be my daughter, legally, but here you are in my arms and I don't want to lose this feeling again."

"You won't. I swear it to you. I love you so much Joe."

"I love you Olivia, forever and always."

She leaned her head into mine and our lips met. It was hard to describe how sensational the kiss felt. I felt my cock growing between my legs. I could feel her breathing become heavier and I could feel my breathing becoming heavier as we kissed, our tongues intertwined in a moment of passion. She squeezed me harder. I squeezed her harder. I broke the kiss for just a moment and said to her -

"Shower and then bedroom?"

"Joe, you're reading my mind. I've never wanted anything or anyone more than I want you right now."

We walked back to shore, gathered our towels and the cooler and made our way back to the house. I dropped the cooler on the back deck, along with the towels, and Olivia went to my bathroom to start the shower. She stripped off her tiny bikini and I just had to take a moment to admire her figure, her beauty, her being - DAMN she looked so beautiful. I stripped off my swimsuit and entered the shower behind her. We took turns washing and soaping each other down, making sure to get the sand out of all of the important places. The whole time we were soaping each other up, we were kissing with such intensity and passion. Here we were, in my shower, our shower, my home, our home. Once we were going to be legal father and daughter, but now we were going to be lovers. We finished bathing, washing our hair, and rinsing off. We stepped out of the shower and dried each other off.

She spoke "Joe, I love you today, tomorrow, and forever. This is my promise."

"Olivia, nothing will ever separate us again. I promise you I'm going to work my ass off to make you the happiest woman in the world."

Hand in hand, we walked to my bed, our bed, our love nest, our haven, the place where we were going to consummate our commitment to each other. She laid back on the bed. I followed. We kissed softly, gently, with more intensity, more passion, and more love. Olivia was everything I knew I wanted and had been looking for all my life. My left hand trailed down to her pussy. She was soaking wet. She took her left hand and grabbed my cock softly, ran it up and down her pussy lips a few times to get her wetness on it, and pulled me into her. I sank all the way to my balls. We never broke eye contact. We both smiled as I moved in and out of her sharing "I love you's" more times than I could count.

12