All Comments on 'From Christmas to Christmas'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Hilarious! Jeff Landry as one of your characters.

5

NegateGivityNegateGivity5 months ago

So they met on Halloween and got engaged at Christmas? And no one had a problem with the 20 year age difference?

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Just me but I found this difficult to read and gave up after a couple of pages. I'm sure it was a good story but I didn't get it. As I said, probably just me..

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

My first exposure exposure to Baptism was on a trip to the US. Most wonderful hospitable people on the planet. I was invited to their church one Sunday and have never experienced that level of excitement and love in any other religious setting. Most friendly people one could imagine a true jewel in Americana! Also very exhilarating and exhausting hahaha

BoxerR100BoxerR1005 months ago

Good story, the opening was a bit rough. Too many characters all talking at once. Tough to follow who was who. But I liked it. Please keep writing..

kelchakelcha5 months ago

5*

Simply love entering your Cajun world. Have read your stories more than one time and will probably go through the body of work again this winter. Thanks very much for the work.

AnyMooseAnyMoose5 months ago

Wondering if Samuel makes an appearance in a future story...

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman5 months ago

No one can say this is a BTB story and yet in some ways it is more brutal. Donna's punishment is indirect and subtle. Through circumstantial encounters she is forced to see her ex living life well. Robert does not denigrate her unless she is trying to sugar coat her part in their divorce. Aside from that he just wants to be left alone. And that is what makes this the more brutal a tale than most over the top BTB stories. Well done. *****

Flar1958Flar19585 months ago

Nothing to read to confusing to he is the cheese and do all right . And like always he gets in no time a better wife(?)

To be proud to show a scar because of a knife to the throut no way to like it especially with all the knife attacks. I want to see you if someone shows you a butcher knife and treat you to use it i bet you piss yourself.

sloggerslogger5 months ago

I read this story last, so I could savor it. Louisiana is the one state west of the Mississippi that I have yet to be but I truly enjoy your tales!

corrytonmancorrytonman5 months ago
Once again

I find a story to love. JimBob44, you are one of my all-time favorite writers on this site (and I have been reading stories here for over 10 years). Again I thank you for sharing your talent with us. Peace, blessings, and hope you have a swell day!

des911des9115 months ago

Good story. Thank you. I always struggle to get the characters sorted in my head when many are introduced together - like at a dinner party. It's probably just me. I got them untangled by the end.

Tough ending. Poor woman.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

I agree with des911. A bunch of characters dumped on us in the first couple of paragraphs was hard to follow. I almost left the story and only kept reading because JimBob44 has written some awesome stories. I’m glad I kept with this one. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why did Donna want to be married to Jeff? I mean, she could hardly have picked a man who was less like her father.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Love your stuff. Brings back my Gretna childhood. Still speak Cajun French from my step mom Christine.

5 stars

Old_TimerOld_Timer5 months ago

I don't pick at nits. I either like a story or not. This was a real good one. Good Job, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Knee jerk or just a regular jerk reaction: five gleaming stars as always!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Awesome banter! A real gift making it so natursal. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I guess this is about as “Christmas’y feel good” as we can expect from JimBob44. I was heartened to find out Donna didn’t off herself. He can be pretty ruthless with his characters sometimes. Because of that, and more, five stars.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

This was a good story that went average to a 5 by the end. While I am aware that you write in many categories, you are often at your best in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I couldn’t get past the first half page.

Too many characters, some with two names that seemed to switch back and forth. It was too difficult to track.

I don’t understand some of the all-caps stresses, like “DARK GREEN” and such.

I’m not giving a rating, I don’t feel that would be fair, I might try this again later.

Just too big a cast too soon, and strange accents.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tajfa, I had the same experience. PS to the writer: WAY too many characters WAY too early on. By pg 2 or 3, you had the MC, his wife, his ex, his daughter, her SO, their baby, the OB, the wife's dad, wife's mom, wife's two brothers, their wives, the "servant", the lover, his wife, the counselor, the attorney, wife's three attorneys, the judge handling the divorce, MC's boss, the two cops... AND ON AND ON!! I mean, I need to keep a scoresheet....

Orion623Orion6235 months ago

Terrific story. Fun to read. The humor between Jeff and Patrick was outstanding. It was difficult to keep the onslaught of characters at the start of the story straight but it became easier as the reading went on. 5 stars.

bobareenobobareeno5 months ago

These stories are the writing equivalent of mush mouth.

Phanarsky2023Phanarsky20235 months ago

Great story. I hope they move back to DeGarde.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20205 months ago

A little long but worth every minute of it !! five stars well earned.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So what did Samuel do?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

I thought you were going to crush my Christmas spirit I've been trying to build, but you brought us in for a smooth landing. I do feel sorry for "Donna" as you did an excellent job of showing she was beyond remorseful. I would like more of the story behind all that or maybe it's buried in another release? Samuel sounds personal - I hope your Christmas wishes come true. Merry Christmas! 4.5*

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Loved it, but I did feel sorry for Donna. That was a surprise. Thanks.

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I loved it, disagree with those complaining about there being too many characters and don't feel any of the sympathy some commenters mention feeling for Donna.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story. I did not get lost in all the names this time. One thing though, you slipped up and went into south Louisiana dialect early on in the story, forgetting the character was from New Jersey. But, I mean Hell, who wants New Jersey?

amadthonamadthon5 months ago

Great story, liked the new characters and the links to past characters and stories. You're just a great story teller. Merry Christmas!

johntcookseyjohntcooksey5 months ago

A comic gem, what with the Keystone Kops ineptitude of Judge Robert and his gang. And I especially enjoyed the running bromantic repartee between Phil and Patrick. A bit of bittersweet in there too with the disintegration of Donna, and sadness over Samuel’s absence. Thank you for the new story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved the story as well as the characters. Couldn’t stop reading once I so. Five stars as always for my favorite author on Literotica! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not one of your best stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I basically enjoyed this, but it was really tough to read. There’s no real flow.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you - I really enjoyed it.

I have trouble with a lot of characters, but that's just me.

Even felt a little sorry for Donna, who made her own bed and let someone else lay in it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Jim Bob can move his Cajun character out of Louisiana but his story feels like we are beside a bayou. Who was the baby daddy of the lesbian? JB didn’t explain why Donna cheated and I didn’t care. JB succeeded again at making Louisiana an alien planet in another universe. Is it me or does JB have a fetish for red heads?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 pages too long and a jumbled mess.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Liked it. Reading it was kinda rough though, with the change cast of characters.

ScaliaScalia5 months ago

I enjoyed it after the second read. Had to read it twice due to the number of characters.

But still good. I enjoy your writing and your imagination. May your muse never leave you.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

Your stories are always too confusing at the beginning as nothing makes sense. Too many names and too many events running concurrently.

But, somehow, magically, everything comes together at the end.

This, sir, is a talent that few people possess.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

steeltiger01steeltiger015 months ago

What i thougt was a riff on a SS06 story took on a life of its own and became something completely different. The 'wife wants to name grandkid after lover' is something I'd only seen once before. It was fairly well done, as well as unique, and it stuck with me. You built a new, amazing thing off that platform, and it was quite a ride to follow! My hat is off to you, in thanks for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Can’t help enjoying JimBob44 submissions.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy#9

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I gave up on page 1. Too many players - couldn't keep them straight!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not a bad story, but way too many names to track. Made it confusing to follow.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 months ago

As usual, a stellar tale. It took me a while to catch up with all the names, but I managed! LOL

TonyGWTonyGW5 months ago

Brilliant, a classic BTB wound into a feel good Christmas tale all set firmly in the JimBob44 Universe.

Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So what about Donna? What happened? Why did she cheat? Why was a supposedly selfish arrogant whore so devastated getting caught be a cheating whore? Why did the stupid cuck marry her in the first place? And why would he expect anything of virtue or intelligence from the whore's arrogant brutal parents?

\

But really? Why the fuck would anyone smart enough to carry a .357 magnum shoot an armed assailant Anywhere other than the head? You just want to create two injured witnesses, police officers, explaining that they were investigating suspicious behavior when the suspect just started shooting at them. Yeah, dead dirty cops are honest cops. Hard to lie when their brain matter is coating the sidewalk. You blew a star there; shooting to wound: brain dead.

\

As to the demise of Donna, complete bull shit. She's beautiful, has no morals, ethics, or virtue, and loves to fuck: she'll have more fools falling for her than a slut Olympic gymnast. She could care less for the fool who she let slip away. They're a dime a dozen for a whore like her.

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

Now you have to tell the Samuel Poor story! 5/5 as always! Merry Christmas and thanks for this story.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolus5 months ago

Please let Donna find some measure of happiness in some story.

Pappy7Pappy75 months ago

Good story, I even managed to feel sorry for Donna, the way you wrote her shows that even when we goof we can still be human. Now, I don't think Jeff should have had anything more to do with her because sometimes in our arrogance the mistakes we make are just insurmountable. I'm guessing that Samuel is someone from the author's life and that is sadness itself. Thanks for your story.

Schwanze1Schwanze15 months ago

Attagirl. Loved her pulling the pistol and using it well.

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

I don’t give many 1s but that was just awful and unreadable.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Very very nice BTB! Thank you! Easy 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hopping that Samuel come back.

Thx for your's writtings

nilsstewnilsstew5 months ago

Great, as always. I do feel sorry for Donna.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Good story, very enjoyable. 4*

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

Enjoyable read and not too much sex. 5 stars

teedeedubteedeedub5 months ago

Your stuff is so off-the wall. I love it. Keep 'em comin'.

BehindbluisBehindbluis5 months ago

I enjoyed the change from what I figured was your normal style. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was great but the ending was kind of meh. Donna was already burnt, the waitress thing just made it silly. Those kind of people always have money stashed. She would be having enough to get her on her feet again. It's not like she commited any crimes and she could have found another job in a bank elsewhere. The scene could have happened elsewhere, during a random meeting.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting plot, but badly written. Excessive sadism against the ex wife (even though she was a cheater). And with many parts too much boring begging to be skimmed. So, not bad, but not good too.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut5 months ago

Very good, enjoyable story.

I did get lost as to who was who and related to whom and in what way at the beginning.

If I might suggest, some writers have lists of characters at the start of a story, I would have found that useful with this piece.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Some capon gave this story a one. Alohrs pas! Cinq!

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
Your

Stories for the most part are always interesting

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One suggestion: The way you wrote the first few paragraphs left the reader with a lot to unpack. The writing could be considered artfully concise, but many readers will find themselves rereading them two or more times to understand the charcters and their relationships to one another. Resist the temptation to be so efficient with your words when setting the stage for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A garbled steady stream of consciousness. Two stars.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit5 months ago

Always amusing. Not quite as amusing as the anonymous cowards’ comments, no sense but still good.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is a fun universe to get lost in. 5 stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

You sir are a genius to keep it sorted out so well! 5 as usual

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Always amusing indeed. I love your gift for storytelling. Thank you for your generosity.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There is too much presence of gays and lesbians in the text: daughter, divorce lawyer, boss Patrick. I haven't read the rest of the story yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if transgender people, transvestites and other travesties appear further in the narrative... Did Hollywood standards confuse the site of Literotica in general and the LW section in particular? Does a completely heterosexual man come across only gays in his life? The author, even according to American statistics, you are wrong! There are much more people of traditional orientation! Stop indulging the imposed Mainstream, write honestly!

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

Very good story! Really well written! 5 stars from here ;)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You jump from scene to scene too fast. One barely gets a glimpse of one then another pops in. Either more content for each scene or less scenes.

Rainyday493Rainyday4935 months ago

Great story, gratified to see only one objection to the inclusion of non typical orientation and relationships. And, yeah, the plot maybe ran away with itself, but it was enjoyable and I like to read something where an author isn't trying really hard to avoid lesbian and gay characters being real people.

mattenwmattenw5 months ago

You told a really good story. Above all, I liked that you integrated the families so easily.

Just Donna as a waitress, that wasn't necessary. She was also such a big loser!

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a great story

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy5 months ago

Wow a really great story! It brought out several smiles and enjoyment reading. Really brought back great characters for this story with some nice twists. I liked Jeff and what did in the consular office - true humor! I will have to favorite this story definitely worth reading again. All around an enjoyable reading time for a Merry Christmas to you JimBob44 and my fellow readers and commenters.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

hindsight2020hindsight20205 months ago

Was 5* until it went off the rails near the end.

3*

JusteenKJusteenK5 months ago

I really would love to see the spreadsheet that keeps all of your Universe together.

I'm not a fan of flawless heroes so this a pass for me but I love how you write and the lives you have created.

Hiram325Hiram3254 months ago

Really, really good. JB44, you're one of my favorites here.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Enjoyed the story, nice read. Thanks for your writing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Excellent, serious and funny. Really liked the marriage counseling part and Syndee knowing immediately and moving in.

SDN1955SDN19553 months ago

Absolutely love the interplay between Jeff and Patrick. Great story.

onbothsidesonbothsides2 months ago

"So what about Donna? What happened? Why did she cheat? Why was a supposedly selfish arrogant whore so devastated getting caught be a cheating whore?"

I saw this in a comment by anon. I spent the last three pages wondering the same thing. Why did Donna fall apart?

I know the judge is a prick, but would he have gone to such lengths to punish Jeff if Donna hadn't been falling apart? (After the divorce, couldn't he have just declared victory over Jeff?)

Couldn't Deborah Buschold take care of her daughter, or did the judge lose everything?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 months ago

Couldn't understand a word of it! Perhaps one needs to be born into the particular sub-culture? Whatever, life's far too short to waste precious time! So thanks, but no, thanks!

R.S.

TeeceemcgTeeceemcgabout 1 month ago

I must admit, as I started this tale, I had my doubts as to whether I might finish it. But, before I knew it, I got sucked in and was eagerly enjoying the ride! I too, was left with a great many questions about Donna. I wanted SO much more about her. JimBob44 says the Mr. Carter, Donna's lover, appears in "Let Myself Believe" so I hope there is more there, but, unfortunately, it doesn't sound like there will be. Maybe a Donna story is coming?

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos6 days ago

Couldn't get past the 3rd page. I never really connected with Jeff and I felt like most of the characters were just cardboard cutouts. On top of that there was like zero dramatic tension or rising action with the plot. Sorry, but it was boring.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories