From Darker Places than I Want to Feel Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She glanced over at him as he pulled his car out of the parking lot. "It's one your favorites, huh?"

He nodded and turned the corner.

"You can tell a lot about a person by the books they read and the movies they like."

"Yes you can, what's your favorite movie?"

"Hmmm. I don't have just one but the first one to comes to mind is Chinatown."

"Oh. Roman Polanski. I like that one too."

She looked out the passenger window as the buildings and passing cars whizzed by.

"Would you like me to drop you off in front of the theatre while I try to find a place to park?"

"No, I'll be fine. I used to spend all evening wearing heels like this so a little walking won't harm me, but thanks."

Ryan managed to find a spot only two blocks away from the movie theatre. The Bijou was located in a trendy upscale neighborhood. The streets were lined with little shops and bistros, sidewalk cafes and boutiques. It wasn't a part of the city that Sarah had ever visited before. She loved the store windows filled with everything from art and craft work to books, movie posters and memorabilia. She wanted so much to be a part of this world but she felt out of place, like an intruder until Ryan took her hand and that seemed to wash all those thoughts away. She smiled up at him and squeezed his hand gently hoping he would understand.

They walked over to the ticket booth and he took out a little coupon book.

"They sell coupons?"

"Yeah, I come here often enough so it saves me a few bucks." Ryan pushed open the double doors that led to the lobby and held them for her.

"Do they show new releases here?"

"Sometimes but this is more of an art house where they offer classics and foreign films more than first run stuff. You can see those at the Cineplex. I come here for the good stuff."

"But can't you see these films on cable TV?"

"You can, but there's something about see a film on the big screen that puts the magic back into going to the movies."

He ushered her to a set of steps that led to the balcony. "Now here's the real reason I go to the Bijou." He whispered as they started climbing the steps. Once they arrived at the top of the stairs he swept his hand over the view. "The balcony. Best seats in the house are center front, second row."

"Why not the front row?"

"The railing gets in the way. Besides, I'm a little acrophobic. It's a bit of a drop."

She glanced over the front rail of the balcony and nodded. Then she joined him in the second row.

A moment later the curtain that covered the projection screen began to draw back and the previews started to play. There was a preview about a Spanish film and a German film and another classic, The Wizard of Oz.

"Oh, I've always wanted to see that one on the big screen," she whispered.

"Okay, it's a date." He handed her a brochure that listed all the movies that were scheduled in the theatre and when they were shown. "Find a day when you're free and we'll go. It's a perfect film to see from the balcony," he added with a big grin.

The movie started and suddenly they were whisked away to exotic Morocco and the outside world didn't exist anymore. Sarah reached across and took his hand. It felt warm and nice in hers. She hadn't felt like this for a very long time and she didn't want it to end.

After the movie he drove her home and walked her to the entry door to her apartment building in silence. She turned and kissed him on the cheek and he smiled then he leaned towards her and returned the kiss on her cheek.

Sarah reached over and fussed with the collar of his coat for a moment. "Can I see you tomorrow?"

"You can see me any time you want. I have classes until 3pm. So whenever."

"Can I see you at school?"

"Sure, my office is in Brighton Hall, room 320. But if you come there I'll put you to work."

"Doing what?"

"Filing and registering student project work...It's endless and tedious so I can always use the help."

"Ok. I'll be there at 1pm," she said with an impish smile.

"You'll have a long wait," he replied with a smirk.

She shrugged and then turned to go. He held her hand a moment and turned her back to him.

"Thank you," he said holding her hands in his.

Her eyes twinkled with mischief. "You're welcome, but wait until you see if my help is any good."

"It will be, I'm sure of it," he replied letting go and stepping towards the sidewalk in front of the building.

She stood there a moment outside of her apartment as he walked towards his car.

On her face a gentle smile emerged as a thought played across her mind. It was something she didn't want to believe could happen but she knew that somewhere deep down inside her soul she wanted it to be...just once, she wanted it to be.

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

The author copyrights From Darker Places Than I Want To Feel and all of its parts. The reproduction of any part of From Darker Places Than I Want To Feel without the written permission of the author is expressly prohibited.

This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters, their names and the places they visit, are purely from the imagination of the author. Any resemblance to persons, places, or things is not intentional and purely coincidental.

© 2013/ Dreamweaver594