From Rags to Riches! Ch. 02

Story Info
Jim’s life takes a turn for the better!
3.2k words
4.43
11.1k
14

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/20/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to express my thanks to DES67 who a graciously agreed to be my editor.

Jim woke up suddenly! For a moment he didn't know where he was. Then he heard unfamiliar voices. A male and female were discussing whether they should call an ambulance or not.

Jim finally started moving and then he said "I'm OK to give me a minute to clear my head."

Thomas Jefferson said "Jim are you Ok? You checked out on us there for a moment."

Jim said "What happened?"

Thomas said "We were discussing your net worth of over $4 billion and just that quick you passed out."

Jim said "Holy shit I thought that was just a dream".

Thomas replied "No you're not dreaming you just came into whole Lotta money."

Jim started thinking about how this could really solve a lot of problems. With that much money, I could even find the best specialist in the world and hopefully, they can figure out my wife's medical problems. His emotions were all over the place, He couldn't wait to see his wife tell her the good news.

Thomas interrupted his train of thought. He said "Jim we have a few more things to discuss and some paperwork to finalize."

Jim just nodded his head and Thomas continued "Part of your uncle's final wishes and this is just a request, not a stipulation, but he wanted his personal assistant to continue under your employment. Again, this is just a request it's not mandatory, but your uncle felt very deeply about taking care of his personal assistant because they had grown quite close to you over the years. So, his final request is that if you would see fit to have his personal assistant become your personal assistant and remain under your employment for at least one year. In that time, you can work out the details with her as to whether she continues in your employment or you go your separate ways. If you choose to keep the personal assistant, she is close by and is anxious to meet you. Her name is Melissa Wayne, and she is waiting outside, if you agree I'll bring her in and make the introductions."

Jim had no idea what he would do with a personal assistant. However, the more he thought about it he realized he would probably need her help just to understand all the business aspects Related to his inheritance. Jim asked "Is she familiar with all the businesses and how they operate?"

Thomas replied "She is very familiar and has extensive education in almost all of the fields of the businesses handle".

Jim said "OK bring her in, I'd like to meet her."

Thomas picked up his phone and called his secretary he said "Miss Anderson would you please send Melissa Wayne into my office."

There was a brief knock at the door and then Miss Anderson showed Melissa Wayne into the office. Jim was in awe and his first impression of Melissa was "Oh my god she's beautiful." She had beautiful shoulder-length curly hair was red in color most and had the astonishing green eyes you've ever seen she has nice perky breasts and long legs that look to be about 5 foot eight. He couldn't believe that this model-caliber woman was going to be his new personal assistant.

He stood up and introduced himself and said "HI I am Jim Smith it's very nice to meet you."

She replied "Mr. Smith I am very pleased to make your acquaintance I've heard so much about you from your uncle he had nothing but terribly nice things to say about you. I know you haven't seen him a lot in recent years, but he always thought fondly of you and the rest of your family he was very devastated when the rest of your family passed away in that terrible accident. However, I am looking forward to being your personal assistant."

Jim said "I don't even know where to start. I guess if you could give me an idea of what I'm getting myself into."

Melissa replied "Well first off we need to get you a new cell phone that is state of the art with all the latest security features and of course I'll load all the pertinent contact information for all the companies involved. Also, if you're interested you can move into your uncle's estate if you decide to do that, I can make all the arrangements to get your current belongings moved. I'll give you a brief overview of the companies you've now inherited starting with Argent technologies. This company is at the forefront of medical research and some scientific research as well. Argent Technologies' primary focus is on medical research and what amounts to the research and development arm for Smith medical products. Now speaking of Smith medical products, they are basically the production and shipping arm for all the medical products created by Argent technologies. Finally, Valiant corporate security is just that we provide corporate security for businesses all over the country and all over the world."

"As an owner of all three of these companies, you also have access to a fleet of company-owned vehicles as well as a driver. Also, we have a fleet of Several Gulf-stream private jets, a couple of large passenger aircraft, and a few helicopters."

Jim said, "Wow that's a lot to take in."

Melissa replied "If it helps, I am very familiar with all the operations and will do everything I can to assist you in stepping into the big shoes you have to fill."

Jim was thinking out loud and said, "How comfortable would you feel running these companies until I get up to speed?"

After some thought, Melissa replied "I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with that idea but in the interest of keeping the businesses running smoothly I will try my best to assist you by running the companies."

Melissa continued "If you like I can take you over to your corporate headquarters and show you your office. In that environment, I'd be able to go into a bit more detail about what all your companies do."

Jim said "I think I'll hold off on going to the office for now. I really need to go to the hospital and see my wife. I need to fill her in on what has been going on today. Plus, I want to know what she thinks about all this."

Melissa suggested "If you'd like I can accompany you to the hospital and I can make arrangements to have a vehicle here to pick you up and take you there."

Jim decided that was a good idea. He couldn't wait to tell his wife the good news. So, he told Melissa he liked her idea very much and go ahead and set it up. For the next 10 minutes, he signed all the required paperwork for his inheritance, and then He got up and said his goodbyes to Mr. Jefferson and he and Melissa got up and exited to the lobby where they waited for their ride.

About 15 minutes later a black Cadillac Escalade with heavily tinted windows, pulled up out front of the lawyer's office. A tall and muscular white male stepped out of the vehicle and introduced himself as Steve Summers. He said until further notice he would be my driver and my personal security. I introduce myself and then Melissa and I climbed in the back of the Cadillac Escalade.

I asked Steve if he was familiar with Saint Francis Hospital in Colorado Springs and he said he did. I asked him if he could take us there straight away. He indicated that would be no problem.

About 15 minutes later we arrived at Saint Francis hospital. Melissa and I exited the vehicle and Steve said he would remain behind with the vehicle and if we needed anything Melissa should give him a call.

Kim and Melissa entered the hospital and took the elevator to the fifth floor where his wife's room was located. Upon entering his wife's hospital room, he noticed that she looked worse today than she had on previous days. She was hooked up to numerous machines with flashing lights and beeping sounds coming from them, he got a little overwhelmed. His wife opened her eyes and looked at him and even though she looked tired he still felt that she looked as beautiful as the first day he laid eyes on her.

Jim said "Melissa this is my wife Abby, and Abby this is my new personal assistant Melissa."

Abby had a look of bewilderment and then she said "What do you mean personal assistant?"

Jim then proceeded to explain the events of the day. With the highlight being of course the fact that they were now $4 billion richer. Abby then broke down and started crying!

Jim then rushed over and asked what was wrong?

Abby replied "Jim I'm so happy that this has happened to us it's been such a struggle these past few months and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Unfortunately, unless the doctors figure out what is going on with me, I'm not sure I'll be around to enjoy this new life with you."

Jim then said "We will figure this out together honey as we can now afford the best medical care that money can buy."

Melissa then interrupted saying "Jim if you would like I can contact the medical professionals that we have working for us. They may have some ideas on how to help your wife or at the very least be able to recommend the best doctors in the world that can handle your wife's situation."

Jim replied "Yes, Melissa please have them contact my wife's doctors here at the hospital right away, so we can start the exchange of information and let's get things moving."

Melissa then stepped away pulled out of cell phone and began making phone calls in about 10 minutes she advised that she had spoken with the chief medical officer of the company and that he would be contacting the hospital right away. He did mention that we will probably have to give authorization for the exchange of information to our doctors.

I stood up and excused myself and went out to the nurse's station to make a necessary arrangement to allow for the exchange of my wife's medical information to the company's medical professionals. The nurse told me there was a little bit of paperwork involved but they would get it ready right away and within five minutes they were awaiting a phone call from my company's people. Jim returned to his wife's hospital room and advised both Melissa and his wife, but things were moving quickly.

Jim then told Melissa to prepare herself to make whatever arrangements would be necessary to get my wife to those medical professionals that could Best assist her. He also said considering my newfound wealth, please spare no expense to get these things done.

Melissa said "Sir it would be my pleasure."

Abby then asked Melissa to give her and Jim a couple of minutes alone as they had some things to discuss. Melissa nodded and stepped out of the room.

Abby then said "Jim have you thought about what you would do if I don't make it?"

Jim just shook his head and said "Please Abby don't talk like that."

Abby replied "Jim please just hear me out I've, been thinking about this lately and even more so now that our financial problems are taken care of. With everything that was going on I was terrified of what would happen to you and the kids if I were to pass away. Even if I don't pass away the future of my health is in question. After everything that happened, I know that your primary concern has been my health and my happiness, and you've always made me feel like the happiest woman on earth."

Jim was dumbfounded and had no idea what to say.

Abby continued "Jim for these many months that my health problems have been going on, we have been unable to be intimate with each other and I know how much you enjoy our lovemaking."

Jim was totally baffled and unsure where this was going.

Abby asked him another question "Jim, I know you and Melissa haven't known each other very long but have you noticed how she looks at you."

Jim said, "I have no idea what you're talking about?"

Abby said "Call it woman's intuition, but I can see that Melissa likes you and when she looks at you, I can like tell she finds you rather attractive."

Jim said "Abby I am happily married to you and even if what you say is true, I'm not interested in another relationship as I am head over heels in love with you and always will be."

Abby said "Jim, I know you love me, and you always be the love of my life, and together we are soulmates. However, as you've always looked out for my happiness it is now my turn to look out for yours. Bear with me and I'm going to suggest. If the opportunity presents itself and I think it will. I want you to at least consider that if Melissa expresses an interest, please keep an open mind."

"In fact, should the opportunity arise I want you to promise me that you were at least give it some thought. Plus, I really like her, she is so beautiful and friendly and even though we just met today, I know she would be good to you."

Jim took a few minutes to try to wrap his head around what his wife was telling him. He decided to choose his words carefully and said "Abby, I'll tell you what I will give it some thought, but I cannot promise that. My primary concern is going to be your health and getting you the best medical care possible."

Abby relented saying "OK Jim as long as you at least think about it I can live with that. Furthermore, I want you to know that I am serious about this and if you can at least get some happiness while I'm struggling with all these health issues, I want you to know that you have my permission to do so."

Jim then realized he had totally forgotten about the kids and they would probably be home and wondering what's going on. Abby indicated that she had gotten everything off her chest, and it was OK to have Melissa come back into the room.

Jim left the room briefly and returned with Melissa. Jim, Melissa, and Abby discussed things for a few more minutes, and then Abby kicked them both out of the room and said get home and take care of my kids. Just before they turned to leave, Abby gave Melissa a knowing wink and very softly said please take good care of my man!

Melissa gave an understanding smile and then they were on their way. Jim and Melissa made their way out of the hospital. In a few minutes, they were climbing into the back of the Escalade and gave Steve directions to his house.

While in transit to Jim's home Melissa said "Jim I'd like to tell you a couple of things. First, in the last five years that I worked for your uncle, he and I became very close. Suffice to say that some of the things that occurred between your uncle and I could be considered inappropriate, but I want you to know that we cared for each other very much and I did everything in my power to make his final days some of his happiest."

Jim and noticed that Melissa's hand was resting on his thigh. He thought he should feel more uncomfortable, but he really didn't.

Melissa then continued "Jim, I want you to know that you remind me a lot of your uncle, he was very handsome and very caring. Jim, I can see the same qualities in you. I know this is out of line even though you're a married man I find you extremely attractive."

Jim said "I'm flattered by your kind words but I'm not sure how I feel about this. I will say this my wife must've sensed your attraction to me because she mentioned it in a hospital room and told me if the opportunity arises, I should take advantage of that opportunity. I do want you to know that I am totally in love with my wife, but I did tell her that I would consider this option but again I'm still not sure how I feel about it, so I hope you'll be understanding and give me some time to process what you just told me."

Melissa said "I'm sorry Jim I'm probably totally out of line. And I completely understand that you need time to process everything that's going on today and again I must apologize I know you've had a full plate today I just added a little more to it."

Jim replied "No need to apologize I do appreciate your honesty and thank you for giving me the time to process all this, I will do my best to be a good boss to you and make our time together enjoyable."

Melissa said "Thank you for your kind words and you're understanding, and I have one more question for you. I know I've already asked you a lot, but would you mind if I gave you a kiss."

Jim nodded his head, yes and they got closer together and Jim and Melissa's lips connected. Jim let the kiss go on for longer than he probably should've but something about the kiss felt right to him. He also noticed a certain amount of discomfort and tightness coming from his crotch area. After a few more minutes they disconnected, and both took a very deep breath.

Melissa leans towards gyms here and whispered "Jim if it anytime you decide you would like to pursue something more involved than an employer-employee relationship all you have to do is let me know."

"At this point, I will be the best PA you ever heard of and I will not mention this conversation again unless you indicate that you would like to pursue it further."

Jim thanks Melissa for her kindness and understanding and indicated that he would think about it further, once he's had time to wrap his mind around everything that has occurred, but he did reiterate that the priority with his wife's ongoing health problems and finding a solution for that. Melissa just nodded her head, yes and they continued to Jim's home without any further conversation.

Well, if you've made it this far then you see things are starting to get interesting! This chapter as with previous has been background info and character building with a hint of some erotic possibilities. I will make this promise that things will soon get very steamy.

Check back soon for Chapter 3!

PS, please rate my story and feel free to leave feedback!