All Comments on 'From Rags to Riches! Ch. 02'

by Wshowers201

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Made me happily looking forward to chapter 3 and more

SlofredSlofredover 2 years ago

It is a bit slow going and you are building an interesting dynamic. Now if his son falls for the PA it would be a bit of a sticky wicket. Question are we going to see the lawyer and assistant again? 5 start for both chapters and thankyou for sharing with us.

RABSTARABSTAover 2 years ago

The story is really good so far, but I think multiple part stories should really have more than one page per part. Most authors here write from 3-5 pages per part on multipart stories. Some have written as many as 40 pages for a single part story. In my case, when I see a story with more than 5 parts, I figure it is just too long for me to even look at it.

Wshowers201Wshowers201over 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks everyone for your comments! This is all very new for me, I’m just starting out writing. I’ve been reading stories on this site since just about the beginning. I have finally taken the next step and thrown my hat into the writing arena. I really do appreciate the feed back and try to incorporate any ideas or suggestions you may have. All I ask is that you bear with me as I get a feel for how this all works. I’m adding longer chapters as I go and see how much word count it takes to fill a page(s). Chapter 3 is now pending and has double the word count of chapter 2. So stay tuned and keep this comments coming!

WS

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

Why is it that the writer announces "Here's my 2 part story". Both 1 & 2 are there for me. OK ... I'm hooked and read 1 & 2. And just like the announcement on "Jonny Carson" ... "Here comes part 3 !!" . Soon??? Never mind some of you need an editor ... HOW ABOUT LEARNING TO COUNT. Gee, I'm getting crotchety in my old age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some interesting ideas coming together. Your writing style is pleasant to read, though watch tense switches when they’re not really needed. Some of your punctuation is not quite right, which is only a problem when it makes the reader pause to check if they’ve read it correctly. There are also a surprising number of typos (“Melissa leans towards gyms here...”) which spoil the flow a little. A nice tale and I hope to see more from you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do you mess with your stories after they come back from the editor? Otherwise, your editor did not do a very good job. Also, pick a point of view and stick with it - is Jim telling the story (first person), or is someone telling it about him (third person)?

kokonumber1kokonumber1over 2 years ago

very interesting story and good build up but the grammar is keeping me from giving you 5 stars, other then that please continue writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous