All Comments on 'From the Ashes'

by soul71

Sort by:
  • 216 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fantastic and romantic plus definitely a 5 star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟 rating.

Ali Singapore

gopher25gopher25about 3 years ago

Good story, but way too long, way too much stuff that just felt like padding.

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

Even though I have the book, I still enjoy reading it here! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ still just as good as the first time I read it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story! Thanks for the read.

"I know right! Like she thought no woman would want to have sex with me, and that all the men in the world simply fell at her feet."

I've know countless women who have said this kind of narcissistic shit to their significant others. Delusional cunts that actually believe this entitled shit. Most men, even your average day Joes get hit on all the fucking time by other women. The married, honorable ones just politely decline the invitations and come home to you every night. A word of caution to the ladies that take your man for granted and think no one else would want him. You're just kidding yourself and there's women out there just waiting for you to fuck up and throw him away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was one of the best stories I’ve read in quite a while. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Still the best story I have read.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

Good story. Kinda long, tho.

jjakebluesjjakebluesalmost 3 years ago

I love this so much. I am simply mesmerized by your story telling. Can't wait for another.

other2other1other2other1almost 3 years ago

Third time reading this one, such a great story

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 3 years ago

Could have been great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Started out thinking that is was too long and now I wish there was more. Really sucked me in to the story and characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First half was much stronger than the last half.

All the conflict in the story was resolved by the 7th page….

Also nothing came of the main characters brothers wife, or the nurse friend.

It seems like this story could have used a proper climax, a proper antagonist, and is missing a lot of scenes.

Overall a good read, but it started a lot stronger than it finished.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Wow

I normally do not read tales this long but it was well worth it. The ups and downs of this man's life, the broken heart, the betrayal, the deception of the ex-cunt and the love he found again was amazing. The epilogue made me add this to my favorites because it was just what the cheating whore deserved. Excellent tale.

Five Stars and a favorite

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Especially chapel scene which is worth reading as you listen to the Disturbed track.

Well done

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

I Was Easy To Figure Out

Mary Lou was one of my two favorite characters since Magnus couldn't do it, she dealt out her own version of justice: "What happened to your hand?" he asked, noticing the abrasions on the knuckles of her left hand. ... "I kind of kicked Iona's ass..." Of course the other was Edna and by extension her late husband Paul. Who can't imagine her dancing while Paul played for her?

Not written quite as smoothly as Rehnquist's 'Goin' Back Home Again', but a very worthy effort that earned it's score. Signed: BTW

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story, as usual. A lot of your stories are, can I say, dark. However some of the best stories I've ever read on this site. I give this story a SOLID 25 BIG STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you.

so much fun..very well told story! on of my fav's for sure :)

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Ab excellent story all the way through. The depth of the characters and the way you brought the whole story full circle was just outstanding. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOVE This story!😭😍😂😁

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Very well done and the best revenge is truly a life well lived and loved 5 stars

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

I think Word did you a disservice:

in Latin, "Death Watch" would look something like "Custodeo Mortem", so I am guessing that the band's name is actually Latvian!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story, only thing I couldn't like was how fast Marge thought she could start start running his life again. I mean, so overbearing and gushing. Still, that's just me but a damned good story nevertheless

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Still a great read the second time around

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

Perfect epilogue. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A top tier story..very well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really liked this Story . Sadly it hit way to close to home for Me .. I did find out that California is the worst State to get Married and Divorced in . I just Thank God that We had No Kids . That would have been a real mess .

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Great the second time around

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Sometimes as you sift through the offerings at a garage sale you find a surprising treasure; a gem, a key to a special sudden adventure. Here, displayed in well thumbed affection is a comfortable den sofa read with the fire blazing on a cold winter night… a welcome portal to lasting love writ large, a journey through a heart of darkness into the healing embrace of found forevermore, a once and future king and princess bride delighting in their found paradise.

Congratulations author! Very well done! 5 well deserved stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Coffee isn't black if you add a splash of milk! Other than that I liked the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of my favorites since I first found it, So good every time, also some good musical references.

Thanks.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 years ago

One of the better stories I’ve read.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Wrote a comment, but the website auto deletes it if I shift apps for writing references, pretty poor tbh.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 2 years ago

Re: Purplefizz

My solution to that is to open it in a separate tab then you can toggle back and forth.

Signed: BTW

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Loved this story.***** Magnus and Haleema rock.

Iona finally realized what she had, and it was too late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved this story. I especially love stories that have domestic moments like when he was holding his daughter at the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

really enjoyed this one. Nice to read one with a happy ending. Especially liked the scene portrayed when he was asked to say a few words when the family attended church.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tremendous, thanks. Well written..

I want to be a rock star. Do you have any applications?

Btw, it's [Magnus'] wife, hand, whatever. If there's an S at the end, just add an apostrophe. Like Jesse James' gun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Haleema invades his time with the family and then just takes over while pussy-whipped Magnus goes with the flow!!

His mother Marge is still abitch and so is the father for how they handled Iona the xheating skank!!

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Well done! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One my very favorite stories!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Great feelgood story.

Blackout6661Blackout6661almost 2 years ago

Great story and I re-read it every couple of days. I even throw on disturbed song during the church part. Maybe a fast story of bills life maybe catching his own wife cheating. Would also like to know what happened with that song did it become a hit?

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Second time around reading this and it’s still a great story, it flows at a good speed and the principle players are well drawn, I’d have liked more on his two other band mates, plus a bit more regards Ella May right at the end, she pops up as a one liner, despite his Brother appearing several times. Fwiw I don’t think he forgave too easily or that Haleema “took over”, he was first and foremost a family man, plus she’d already lost one love and was determined to make no mistakes with Magnus, after all she’d already had 10yrs with the band, she wanted what he did, roots and a family…. 5⭐️ All the way, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

I really wanted to like this story. How did Magnus go from cold towards his family to instantly forgiving? Haleema went from keeping Magnus at arm’s length to flying out to see him. I wish we saw more of their relationship grow before they got together. I’m all for details when reading a story, but there were details here that were so unnecessary.

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Good Story (3 Stars)

I liked the story. I was just to long.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Obviously for some too short not enough details, while for other too long. Authors can't win.

Well for me it was just right. REad and enjoy a great story of love and triumph.

tarkabukktarkabukkalmost 2 years ago

This was a great story, loved the details, kept my interest beginning to end.

Thank you so much for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Always a good read, Thanks again.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[27.08.22]

Beautiful und excellent story!

Disturbed's 'The Light' just got me.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clearly one of the better writers here. With simple words the vivid descriptions brings whole setting to reality. Excellent reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A really good story, a very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing, soul71.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99over 1 year ago

I have read this story many times, the only thing I have a problem with is that by the time he went back home he knew he wanted a relationship with Haleema, but he still had sex with the stewardess.

Yes they weren't committed, but he should have been thinking about how she would feel. Them he told his mother he wasn't doing that kind of thing.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I liked this story mainly because of the characters its amazing when you read a story and you think man that premise is so good but the character development is zero.

Not sure if it's something people are being with or not the ability to build a good plot but more importantly making a character come alive. This story all the characters were well stylized their dialogue, mannerisms even their inflections you could see the scenes that's real talent and a great writer 😎😎😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mostly good. Not too keen on the ending with Iona. Also, what happened to the recording of the son he made for his grandfather?

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Yes, this is a good tear-jerker Hallmark story. Some what too long and the sex scenes way over written. The BTB was Iona being forced to marry/live with a fat philandering lawyer and knowing Marcus was living life well.

\

But I have a major issue an unforgivable issue is with Fergus. Fergus/Marge willfully shit on Marcus until Marcus flipped them the bird and left. Why was Marcus so crapped upon and Billy so chosen - due to being last born? Marcus had to do hard physical labor and Bill was in the office, this part of the story had NO support. Hence, for me a hole rating point was lost.

Also Edna/Paul should have seen Fergus's attitude towards Marcus and kicked Fergus ass - but not - per the story.

\

I thought Marcus would have played his ballad to his Grandpa at church - since it was that ballad that got the Pundits to see Marcus as a true asset to the band. And NEVER trust a manager they only live to see $$$ (almost as bad as a lawyer).

\

4****, Hooyah, Salute....

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great story, would make a fantastic movie. I just loved it with year here and there as the story flowed. Joy and angst with true romance, real good mixers for an excellent love story

Well worth 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of my favorites by this author if not THE favorite. The talents of a serious novelist here.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Poor Magnus spends a lot of time as a resentful, butt-hurt wuss.

It’s really unhealthy for a person to work that hard at keeping hatred ablaze in his soul. I found it unpleasant and off-putting to read pages upon pages of unprocessed fury.

I’m sure many of your readers find it warms their broken spirits to bask in righteous rage forever. I would find it more enjoyable to see healing and recovery.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 1 year ago
Still love this story

After a third reading. The story is great but the Epilogue just gives a guy a massive Karma Boner lol.

LechemanLechemanover 1 year ago

Beautiful story with a great ending.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That is one BURNED BITCH! Very satisfying ending to a good story.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I thought that was a great story, nicely written well paced and full of feeling

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Great story. Great ending. Thanks for sharing

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I loved it, I am a sucker for a lovely story, if I had any problems it was probably to nice.

KahunabobKahunabobover 1 year ago

Loved this story. Heart warming. You know it's a good one when you're cheering along for the main characters and booing the baddies ;-) Story didn't feel rushed. The problems between Magnus and his parents felt real and handled in a realistic way. 5 out of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time reading this story. And this time looking up the music references in the story, it added depth. Made it more alive. And at my age, I thought I had all my music, but found new music and bands that I like. Who would've thought. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, except the epilog was overkill on Iona.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did you just get tired of writing this story? For almost 12 pages you drug the story out way too much, and then suddenly you cap everything off in half a page. It was very jarring considering the pace of the rest of the story and a bit disappointing.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[25.02.23]

Nth re-read, still excellent!

I know it isn't meant this way...buuut [looking out at the vast expanse of his land] reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the line from Prince Herbert's dad to him ["huuuge tracts of land!"]

11/10!!!!!

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Awesome story, well written and told. Especially enjoyed the epilogue!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Everyone is so sickly sweet. He’s in a death metal band and he’s singing in church surrounded by family and friends with saccharine smiles. Seriously ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful imagination. Many thanks.

slowhand21slowhand21about 1 year ago

Yeah, it got a little too much like a Hallmark movie but I loved it all the same. Death metal? Ughhh.😆

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Started well but the second half with the romance was sickly sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry but for me it had no life, I kept hoping for something to bring me in. The Epilog with his ex wife was a high point for me.

Certainly encourage you to continue to write, maybe a shorter story would be a better read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another of my favorite stories. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story. Thanks for sharing it.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved it! You conveyed every emotion so clearly which made it a joy to read. I was also thrilled with your epilogue since so many stories never give you that final satisfaction of seeing what the cheating, scheming whore felt.

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

My only issue was the jarring transitions, made the pace feel... Off.

Also would have been nice to have a bit more depth in their relationship other than some random memories of conversations and then BAM they're in love.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

It is a very good tale, well written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A good story. But because of the bad transitions that lost the flow of the story several time, I can only give it 4*

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban11 months ago

An enjoyable tale. Definitely worthy of a 5.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

And still one of my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I love the way you write. It is a complete emotional rollercoaster. Please write some more.

LynchjimLynchjim10 months ago

Simply wonderful from start but especially the epilogue that made me smile.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I loved it, and gave it 5 big stars. I really enjoyed the way it was told, in that it was mostly from his perspective, versus 3rd person. It really showed how his life moved along after finding his wife cheating on him, to going to jail to making his very first music video, and sending it out, to getting the job and playing with the band, to being interviewed for a magazine. It's like his life was a roller coaster, just moving along the highs and lows and was well written. After returning home to see his grandmother in the hospital, it seemed more like his life kind of flattened out, what with the divorce being finalized and his girlfriend coming to visit him. Then dinner with his best friend and her husband, dancing, then going back to the hotel for fun and games. :-) Then breakfast at mom's followed by church, where he sings a song for the congregation. Then later they go back on tour and he proposes to Haleema, followed by marriage and a baby. The epilogue really hit home for Iona, showing how bad her life went after throwing him away. Needless to say I really enjoyed the story, and Thank You for sharing it with us.

alan_deealan_dee10 months ago

Lovely story, however I do not know why the author chose death metal as the genre of music played by anyone. I grew up in the days of heavy metal and even then I doubt that any member of even the biggest death metal bands would have been famous enough to be recognized by most people. I can't see a love song being included on a death metal album either.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

STD test anyone? He barebacked two very risky women before having sex with his "love". I guess he got too impatient. Cause "love" isn't worth waiting for... And yes, I

agree, death metal was a very weird choice.

midatlstorymanmidatlstoryman9 months ago

Excellent story start to finish. I wouldn't have forgiven the mom or dad quite so fast, if at all. What they did, and the father's pattern from the start, was really unforgivable. But, some are like that.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

As a writer...... Do you think the editor of "Music Insider" would print a story that discusses how great his cock is? Great story, I liked the characters a lot. Maybe either have people blush less in your stories of find a different way to say "their cheeks heated". It gets kinda redundant

Old_LionOld_Lion8 months ago

Wonderful Story, thanks for writing Soul71!

Ghostno21Ghostno217 months ago

Simply brilliant

Observer143Observer1437 months ago

Enjoyed the story immensely. I like a romance after a breakup and I especially like a story that brings music and bands into it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Always a good, satisfying read, Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very good story, soul71, thanks for sharing.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

“ I know they chose to back Iona, yet they didn't have all the facts.”

Yes, they did. They knew that Iona had chosen another man over their son. It doesn’t matter how many times. It doesn’t matter if there was penetration or not. The slut prioritized her boss over her husband. The late hours, the disrespect, the refusal to be joyfully sexual, all this and more points to a woman who has rejected her husband. Honestly, those actions are more than enough warrant a divorce, regardless of whether or not she ever touched anyone else.

Once he told his parents that she had chosen another man over him, in any way, that should have been more than enough for them. I’m curious as to how many instances of adultery his parents expected him to put up with?!?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ok to have the last paragraph, but it should not have been last.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoul71@soul71
Hello, if you enjoy my work, and if you would like to be able to read it before it's published on lit, please use the link on my twitter page. You can find me on Twitter @jamesricharthor. I might move to a new site if it keeps up, I'll let you know if I do. I hope you all enjo...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
792
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
851
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
624
Betrayed 
4.57
899
361
More Stories