All Comments on 'From the Ashes'

by soul71

Sort by:
  • 213 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great story

first time have commented on anything here. This was a great read. Elating, depressing, arousing and well -written. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow!

I usually don’t read these longer stories, unless they grab me on the first page. I love this from the start. Excellent tale, excellent cast and just a fun read. Keep up the great work! Munchie184

twistidmonkeytwistidmonkeyabout 4 years ago
Finally ur back

I really enjoyed this great read thank u

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 4 years ago
Excellent * * * * *

Longer than usual for this Category, BUT well worth the time aa a Novella.

hanz

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

I was enjoying it until he forgave his parents.

When he needed them the most, they sided with Iona, then paid all her legal bills which dragged out the divorce even longer. Prior to that, both parents constantly undermined his self-esteem and sneered at his interest in music.

One of the factors that led to the divorce was Magnus slaving away at a shitty dead-end job for his father (who played favourites with his other son), making Iona lose respect for her husband. Don't forget that the mother actually slapped her son when he called out Iona for the nasty whore she had become.

Neither of his parents did anything to atone for the appalling way they treated him. I just can't see anyone getting over that amount of bitterness and resentment towards them so quickly.

Haleema conspiring to make him forgive his parents made me instantly dislike her, which was a shame as it ruined the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars.

Liked it! Great read, one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Excellent Story. You need to write more in the Loving Wives category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed your story

I too had an emotionally distant father and mother.

And it was very similar, I hope you're not writing from experience. I was the only one in our family talking, and I think everyone took that for granted. From my father's overt or passive abuse, to my mother's quietly not doing much anything about it. And even my sibling getting the lion's share of the love. I never did blame my brother though, I practically was his mommy and daddy, since they were terrible parents. They were excellent providers though, and for that I'll always love them. My mother is the same in that after literally ignoring me for years, and taking for granted my efforts to talk and put effort in....she suddenly started to re-write history and miss me when I left. It's actually very annoying, as I love her....but in small doses. Still, I pretend to miss her, call her often, and suck it up for her continued selfish happiness. That's what love is, I suppose. My dad, apparently, glowingly praises me and is ever so proud. Hard to give a shit since I'v never heard it directly from his own mouth. But I did get constant negative feedback and downright insults. Which was probably better than the neglect. I at least had casual convos with my mother (I started them) But I could go MONTHS with only saying 5 sentences to him. What I absolutely hate about him is how charming and successful he appears to be. Everyone loves him. Except his own family. We get to see the real him, and OH BOY. And I'll admit, he makes a better friend/co-worker than a father or husband. He's really shit at it. And now that he's older and being flooded with estrogen, the old turd is actually saying nice things to me. I'm like, "dude....can you just go back to calling me stupid. I'm honestly more comfortable with that."

I hate to say it, but I'm almost just like him. Almost to the tee. The only difference is I don't take my bad day out others. It's probably the thing I'm most proud of. And I'm glad I moved away like your character did. Best thing for me and my distant family.

Suddenly without me around to play 'peace keeper', everyone is forced to grow up a little. Although my father would never have sided with a cheating g/f. We barely EVER talked, but he's old school. If anyone cheats, just leave and find someone better. Because it's not hard to do that. He's right on that count. I also have his temper now, which was cute when he tanned my hide at age 5 or 8, but it'l a lil' harder to glare down a younger version of yourself. I never had to hit my own kid. He's such a cute lil' wuss, he practically buckles from me just looking at him. It's adorable.

And Iona was a lost cause, and I'm so happy you kept her that way. Because it would take another 10 pages for her to undue all her mental frames that made her feel so entitled. It'd just take too long to make her believably grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Wow, that was good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

Damn good yarn. Your loving wives stories are very good. Sorry I won’t read in your other categories however I have enjoyed both of your loving wife efforts. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written...

but it's more of a romance than a loving wife story.

Danger09Danger09about 4 years ago
I really liked this story

I liked it. Literotica hasn't really had any good stories on here. This was good. I really wanted to hear more from the whore wife but I loved that he didn't cave and took the whore back. Being married to a cheating douche is what she deserve..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

But kind of fizzled at the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
over the top

It's a nice story and I really enjoyed it, but thought the last few pages were more than a little over the top. Also, perhaps the degree to which Iona became evil was inconsistent with the person she'd have to have been for Magnus to have fallen for her in the first place.

Bonzodog9Bonzodog9about 4 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. Kept me interested for the whole story but could have been a bit shorter in the last quarter or so.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
this is worth every freaking word

this is a 5 story from beginning to end.........thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

One of the best stories here.

HighpikeHighpikeabout 4 years ago
A simply superb story

Thank you. Very well crafted characters and a well unfolded plot line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very good

very good, I always look at your profile to see if you launched something new to read, all your stories are great

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

blue66blue66about 4 years ago

Loved this story.

Took all day to read it while doing necessary jobs. Just brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Absolutely Fantastic

This is a story that starts with a cheating wife that evolves into a romance and show that good things can and do happen to good people. I equate this story with the quality of work that qhml1 , DQS1, blackrandl1958, dtiverson, oshaw and others submit.

You did good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Wow, I absolutely loved it! I'm excited for more from you!

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 4 years ago
Nice!

Very nicely done, and something a bit new, as I don't think "getting revenge by becoming a rock star" has been done this directly in another story I've seen. I recall one about the protagonist going back to the band he gave up after his wife cheated on him for being "boring", but nothing this fairy tale direct. And a fairy tale it is, of course, though a bit longer than most fables. I appreciate that, long as it is, you didn't feel compelled to go into absolutely everything, such as how the protagonist's song fared when released. It's nice to have a little bit to fill in as a reader.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Good one

Long as War and Peace, but a very good story. Loved the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fairly well written story

But WAY too long with so many unnecessary things woven into it. At about 5 or 6 pages you had something. A good editor could help.

jneric2691jneric2691about 4 years ago

Really enjoyed the story, soul. I think this is one of your best. Can't wait for your next story.

jneric

happymuffinhappymuffinabout 4 years ago
Now that is how you do it!

This reminds me so much of StangStar06 stories and that is just great!

And i loved how he reconected with his family!

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Oh my Yes!

What a delightful trip that you took us on. You touched bases on so many issues. In the end it is always about family and respect. I particularly liked the way you took the time to carefully identify your characters in your story. It was what I would expect in a hard copy novel. Thank you for sharing,

. Top marks.

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 4 years ago
Very nice work

Reconciliation (with his family of origin), BTB to the cheating spouse, and metamorphosis into a romance. Top-shelf fare.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Longest

Longest story I've read in Loving wives. Luckily there is very little else new to read. Anyway, it as a good story and I'm glad I read it.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5***** Wow! Art imitating life? Write On!

Wang4Wang4about 4 years ago
Very Well Done

Excellent story with fantastic characters! Thank you for sharing.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Very good, keep on writing.

bioman57bioman57about 4 years ago
Well dne.

Good story. Keep it up

katranmankatranmanabout 4 years ago

Excellent story! Well deserved 5 stars *****. I look forward to your next effort, thanks for submitting this one.

linnearlinnearabout 4 years ago
Brilliant Storytelling

I really enjoyed the plot and all of the twists. It was nice to see that he didn't succumb to all of the women around him, I loved that you didn't rush the telling of this story and I for one really liked the length of it, it let me sink into the story. It was a nice change from you other stories but I enjoy everything I've read of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow!!

I had a great time reading your story. Well written, good plot and thoughtful. Thanks!!

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Just excellent!

Thank you very much for your work here, that was a truly lovely story.

WexenWexenabout 4 years ago
Terrific

A really great original piece and not the usual stuff you get in LW.

You are among the new stream of writers appearing recently and I would associate you with some of the others writing more thoughtful pieces like Randi, Androgenous Other and QMHL. Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

One of the best reads in LW of quite some time! A real treat, I wish I could give you a Ten out of Five, thanks for a very entertaining read, looking forward to your next posting

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
Great story

Loved it... it had everything, really well put together story that made me feel like I spent the time well and everyone in the story got their dues. 5 stars Thank You!⁹

hebert100hebert100about 4 years ago
Loved it

Loved your story. reminds me of the stories that Moogplayer used to submit. thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great!!!

GREAT story. A little long but absolutely worth it !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Actually, I liked the length

Contrary to some comments here, the length was fine. It's OK for authors to experiment a bit, and it's not like the readers are paying for the experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Press worthy

Length surprised me but worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
OMG!!!

This is one of the best I have ever read on this website!! You encompassed a wide range of emotions and had my eyes leaking near the end. The length was not long contrary to some of the other comments. Character development and overall story line were fantastic. Please write more. Hats of to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I don't get it....

if Magnus was so great in bed,has a magical tongue,great body and good looking and just an overall fantastic guy....why would his wife be fucking around on him. When every other women on the planet wants a piece of Magnus his wife doesn't...just doesn't make any sense!

danbo56danbo56about 4 years ago
my kind of story

this is a great story I like them when they build a fuller picture rather then skipping through 10 to 13 pages fine for me not keen on 1 or 2 pages there tend to be a lot of gaps really enjoyed it

mattenwmattenwabout 4 years ago
For me the story of the year so far!

Very amazing. For me a very soulful story that contains the balance between everyday things and sex. Never boring even over the length! What amazed me even more that I actually only knew your Incest stories and read your first "Loving Wives" story with very mixed feelings! Good thing I did! I rarely give 5 * but this story has earned it fully. I hope it wasn't your last "Loving Wives" story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not sure...

....you know what “Death Metal” actually is or sounds like. That said, I appreciated the references to small town MS. Thanks for the effort. 4 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good stuff

I liked it. I liked the length. I'd rather read something longer than something that feels rushed and poorly developed. I also see improvement in the overall writing from earlier storiesIwhich I liked and why I'm still reading). I almost thought it was going be a re-take on "Intemperance" for the LW section. Glad it went where it did.

I have one criticism and its mostly a personal pet peeve but its seems common to this authors writing style. The author likes to start dialogue and trail it incomplete with ellipses(...) then describe/narrate something then go back to finish the hanging dialogue but starts it as a new sentence with a quote and first letter capitalized rather than coming back into the hanging dialogue started with ellipses (...) to denote its a transition back into the hanging dialogue. It hurts the reading flow for me and is a bit confusing for a second till I can sort it out in my mind.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 4 years ago
Well done - high quality writing!

Ok if your looking for a short story - not for you. If your looking for a full on story then this is it. The quality of writing is consistent and very good. Characters and plot are well done. Once I got started I did not mind the length - yes I did check for how long after page 2 and it did NOT put me off to reading the whole story. First time reading this author so not sure what else is written but will check. I am so impressed by the storytelling!! 5 stars and I had to favorite this story. Definitely worth reading again when the site is lacking good new stories.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Keep writing, please

I enjoyed this quite a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great revenge

I loved this story. I never have understood hoe some women can be so self centered and selfish. Iona is obviously 1 of them and deserves to be miserable and unhappy for a long time.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Romance?

Enjoyed the read up to pg 5, after that it got too sweet and hard to swallow. I did finish and it was an okay read. I think it belonged in the romance category even though there was cheating in the beginning of the story.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 4 years ago
Amazing

Another amazing story, has some good chuckles through out this story. My only complaints where I'd would of liked more out the Magnus side of the story where he was healing, more out when Magnus went back home and for such a good story to not have ended in such a negative note in the epilogue.

Keep up the fund work and please write more like this.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 4 years ago
Excellent!!

I could have read another dozen pages at least..

Well Written

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 4 years ago

Great story. Unlike a lot of your stories that start off good then transition into a huge free for all sex scene that makes no sense, this one made sense from start to finish. Great love story, Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
For your first "loving wives" story....

this was well done and interesting reading. You can post in this category anytime you like, would be much appreciated. It's not often one gets a new author in this category worthy to be read.The other authors who post here should take note. Five star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
To short

I was waiting to hear grandads song played in concert. A 10**********

rnebularrnebularabout 4 years ago
Its a 5 but a few comments

I really enjoyed this, let's get that straight. I did feel that the tense of the story seemed to change from past tense, to a more stream of consciousness present tense. The change between seemed to happen frequently, leaving me disoriented several times. Aside from that and several simple mistakes as for he/she and her/him being mixed up, this was a great tale. The length didn't mother me, as the journey unfolded nicely. I do think Iona could have been explored a little more, just to make her less of a cartoon character.

It's probably been suggested already, but if you could find a good editor to work with, it would really enhance the quality of your stories.

Thank you for sharing with us,

RNebular

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 4 years ago
Well done

A very good and entertaining story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Loved the grandma. Reminded me of my own.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
I HAVE TO SAY IT

ONE OF, IF NOT THE BEST GOT DAMN STORY ON THIS FUCKING WEBSITE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HUEDOGG IS RIGHT

BEST...STORY...YET

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
There are tears in my eyes...

I rarely read long sagas on this site, but I am sure glad I read this one. 5*s and thanks for lovely tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really enjoyed entire emotional journey

I Really enjoyed entire emotional journey. Your story is a well written story which , to me is an established classic. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Another great story, thank you for your hard work.

Ed

DMcG1811DMcG1811about 4 years ago
Brilliant!

Wonderful tale of finding love when it seems that you'll never have it again. One of my favourite stories. Thank you so much for posting it

SkalkurinSkalkurinabout 4 years ago
The best

Like a real life tragedy about forgiveness and finding love.

This is one of the best story on the site.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
5 Stars!!!

I wish I could give this story 10 stars!!! Best I've read so far.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
Absolutly Brilliant !!

Loved this story so much. It is on a plane far above most loving wives stories. Now this leads me wanting to read more of your writings. Crap ! I missed a whole day reading when I should have been out in my yard preparing my garden for planting. Oh well. Thank you so much for such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent

This is a decent story.Finaly the standard is getting better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very enjoyable

Maybe a bit long, could have kept interest with some conflict interspersed. Because I usually identify with the protaganoust, I would have enjoyed more flaunting of his musical abilities. Pretty clean copy. If I had proof-read it, I would have suggested correcting:

"I know you're ongoing divorce spurred you into this..." your

"You're readers really want to know this?” your

“… to reach out from the screen to swallow me hole. …” whole

"It's yellow, gooey substance ran down onto his plate." Its

"Her names Haleema, she's the lead singer of the band." name's

“Maybe I should have saw your talent as a gift and not some..." seen

“So she would lay there … thinking about what she had thrown away …” lie

PKenny5860PKenny5860about 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

This was an intriguing and heartfelt story of love, loss, and redemption. Well written and thoroughly enjoyable! well done!

gfrhgfrhabout 4 years ago
Wow.

Really well done. One of your best and the antagonist gets what she deserves. Your writing is evolving well. I gave 5 stars for this one. This story may not be one of your favorites, but it's nice to read where karma is dealt to both sides. Again, well done.

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019almost 4 years ago
From the heart

I don't often comment. But this story spoke to Me and I had to reread it. I have been reading many authors, Stangstar06, JPB, Kathy Burke, and a few others I really enjoy.

But for whatever reason I read this tory and had a mother of a time finding it again as I couldn't remember the title. It took me a month before I figured the right search terms.

I can't explain why this story struck a cord with me but I would say its My favourite story I have read on this site. If I could rate it higher than 5 stars I would...lol

Call Me crazy and some will, but thanks for writing it. Sometimes the best revenge is living life well.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
A truly great story!

An excellent storyline. Touching, emotive, deep, and lovely.

His ex was a piece, it's good she learned the errors of her way.

Haleema was an angel.

That said, your errors are consistent. Baring vs bearing, you're vs your, lack of commas. Just enough errors to make it painful at times. I said consistent because the errors are in every other paragraph or so. Still, 5*s. Get Grammarly or a few pre-readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ok, this is super

Your style was amazing, everything flowed perfect. 5

Cyboji

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I love your writing. I don't get your kink but the rest of your stories are amazing

You certainly know how to write a sex scene.

Storm113Storm113almost 4 years ago
Fantastic!

Really loved this story. Thank you for your time and effort. 5* of course.

Brandon11Brandon11almost 4 years ago
Really good story

I’m not much for cheating stories but this is really worth reading and good guys don’t always finish last.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Outstanding! Great storytelling, and a very strong storyline. I’m not a big Metal fan, so I had to lookup the Disturbed song - it certainly fits, excellent choice. That song puts a lot of his decisions in perspective. The Epilogue was entertaining. Iona would forever be reminded of what she threw away, every time she heard his band, or heard people in town talking about the local celebrity.

Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

A little long for my taste, but still a good story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

A little long for me also, but a good story. I tried it once before and got distracted and quit. Finished it this time and am glad I did. 5*

LNJones34LNJones34over 3 years ago

I haven't been reading on Literotica very long and I happened to find your stories. So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed every story that I have read. I didn't think this story was too long and I enjoyed getting to know Magnus.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

One of the best LW stories I’ve read in quite awhile. Thoroughly enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I was bored so I figured I would read something I know I would like. I don't get the death metal band but I have a suspicion the author is a fan of that particular noise. :)

Hard Rock, heavy metal certainly. But Haleema just doesn't seem come across as a female corpsgrinder ala Mallika Sunsaramurthy (my brother is into death metal.)

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

Beautiful story, well written and educational. Deific - describing an orgasm. Didn't find it too long and enjoyed it thoroughly.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
One

One helluva story.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
OH AND OOPS....FOR THE LIFE AND FAMILY OF "THE ROCK STAR"

even one who wishes and wants the good.... perfect family along with a career, good luck with that, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@starsong1977

Must be nice to be soooo perfect. Is there anything you like besides yourself??? In my opinion good story.

Alsobrook71Alsobrook71over 3 years ago
Cudos

One of the best stories I have read anywhere.

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963over 3 years ago

Good story - well told.

However, please get it right in the beginning. "Straža Smrti" is Slovenian for Death Watch (Latin is "mors vigilis"). Silly mistake.

Brandon11Brandon11about 3 years ago
Ashes

This is my third reading of this well told story and it still holds my attention.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoul71@soul71
Hello, if you enjoy my work, and if you would like to be able to read it before it's published on lit, please use the link on my twitter page. You can find me on Twitter @jamesricharthor. I might move to a new site if it keeps up, I'll let you know if I do. I hope you all enjo...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
791
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
847
Betrayed 
4.57
896
360
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
622
More Stories