From the Ashes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mother!"

"Don't you mother me, young man! Your father would be ashamed of how you treated your own son. I'm just glad Paul never got the chance to see this side of you. He would be disgusted! Then he would take that ass out back and tan your hide for being an idiot! Your son finally gets out from under your wing, makes something of himself on his own accord, no thanks to the two of you. And you what?! Berate him for doing it, the nerve you have!" Edna growled in a disproving motherly voice. Seeing the defeat in her son's face as his hand fell away from his son's arm. "I'll see you later baby," she said, blowing her grandson a kiss.

"Wouldn't miss it grandma," Magnus said, smiling lovingly at her as he left the room.

"Mother, must you say such words?!" Magnus heard his father ask as he stopped by his brother as he stood in front of him.

"Where are you going Magnus?" Bill asked, his eyes glancing down at his guitar case. It reminded him of his youth always seeing his brother with it in his hand, always going somewhere with it.

"Wherever I wish," Magnus said, plainly.

"Please," quickly getting to her feet, "we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Elle-May," she said, holding out her hand to him. Which Magnus only looked at it before turning his attention to his brother.

"Move."

"I can't do that Magnus," Bill said, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder. Feeling the muscles in it tensing. "Not before we tell you about our wedding."

"You think I'd come to that?" Magnus asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Come on man, work with me, who was it that helped you find that lawyer? Who was there when you vented about Iona? Me. Magnus. I was there," Bill said, reminding him that he was a good brother to him. Arguably sometimes he did lord his stats with the company over his head a few times. Yet he was still there for him.

"Please, you must come," Elle-May pleaded wondering which movie star, rock star, or some other famous person would be his plus one. "Maybe we could be the bridge to help you heal the rift between you and your parents," she offered, yet she knew if they talked then that would give her access to the rich elites in Hollywood. Also, if she could, she wanted to know if it was all true. It wouldn't be the first time she had brought another man to her bed when she was dating someone else. She just hadn't done it with Bill. Elle-May knew that would be costly not only monetarily but also with her reputation given that they both ran in the same circles.

"I'll pass on that," Magnus said, looking over at her. "But I'll be there, this one time. When is it?" he asked, knowing that this will clear his debt to his brother. Then he would go about his life, only returning to see his grandmother.

"Oh excellent!" Elle-May eagerly clapped her hands.

"March sixth of next year," Bill stated.

"I'll have to check to see if we're on tour then."

"So you really are a rock star?!" Bill asked, still not believing it.

"Yeah, the magazine not proof enough for you?"

"It's not that, it's just so shocking!" Elle-May said, flashing him a smile. Feeling her face becoming flushed, as her eyes slyly ran down his body. Wondering how that beard of his would feel on her cunt.

"Here," Magnus sighed pulling out his phone. Opening up his media player and bringing up one of the videos Brandan had made while they were recording. "See. That's me in the studio," he said, tapping the screen before shutting it off.

"Well... damn," Bill muttered underneath his breath. Wondering how much he was making now. "I'm happy for you Magnus," he said, lightly patting his brother's arm.

Magnus didn't know if he could believe that. Turning his head as he heard his mother clear her throat from behind him.

"Please Magnus, can we sit down and talk before you leave?" Marge asked, as she stood a few feet away. "We were wrong, and you were right. There I said it, okay? I miss my baby. Can we please work on this?"

"Why?" Magnus asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Because I'm your mother, it makes me feel horrible knowing that my own son -- a son that I carried, breastfed, changed his diapers, taught how to read, chased him around the house when it was only us there -- doesn't want to talk to me. I thought we were doing the right thing with Iona. We believed she did love you; it wasn't until two months after you left that we found out that she was still seeing Connor, we wised up and tossed her out. We knew then she truly had no intention of repairing the damage she had caused you. But by then you had shut your phone off and your lawyer wouldn't divulge your new one to us. The first month I cried myself to sleep. Wondering if my baby boy was even alive. Then Edna would drop hints that led me to believe you still were, yet you never called. A simple phone call would have been enough for me just to let me know you were alive and okay. Alas I spent all this time worrying to death about you," Marge said, a tear hung suspended on her eyelash. "Obviously, you've been taking care of yourself. Please a cup of coffee is all I'm asking for, not for you to come to Sunday dinner. Is that too much to ask?"

Magnus chewed on the inside of his cheek. Searching his mother's face for any hint of a lie. Sighing in his mind when his grandfather's words echoed in his mind. Knowing how he would be disappointed in him if he didn't give her that chance, and Magnus didn't ever want to disappoint his grandfather. Plus, the smack down his grandmother had given them was icing on the cake. Pulling out his phone, turning on his heel, pushing past his brother as he hit the call button.

"That's my number, don't abuse it." Magnus called back to his mother as he walked down the hall as he heard his mother's phone ring. "Tomorrow, seven o'clock, Greg's, get a booth. If you're one minute late I'll leave."

"I'll be there! You can count on it!" Marge shouted; a joyful smile was etched on her lips as she watched her son disappear around the corner.

"Hey!" Mary Lou greeted Magnus as she waved her arm as he approached. "It seemed like a family reunion was about to happen," she chuckled remembering how all the members of the Condon family came filing into the hospital.

"Yeah, how do those go again?" Magnus asked, his hand sliding along the surface of the desk. "A punch thrown here, some words said there, a naked cousin running around in the backyard."

"That bad huh?"

"Something like that," Magnus nodded.

"Well... maybe this will cheer you up. Scott's excited for the night out Saturday. Personally, I think he wants to see me in that sexy black dress of mine. You would think he would remember that was how we got li'l Donny," Mary Lou said, trying to lift his mood.

"I don't know Mary, if it shows off more than that does, I don't think any guy could keep his hands off of you," Magnus said, remembering how she had been self-conscious of her body image while they were in high school due to her being a tad over weight.

"Magnus! Please!" Mary Lou gasped feeling her face burning hiding it behind the curtain of her hair.

"What?! I'm sure Scott would agree with me. More so, since he's the one that gets to peel that dress off of that tantalizing body of yours," Magnus said, laughing as Mary Lou struck him lightly with the clip board.

"You're embarrassing me," Mary Lou whispered.

"What? I'm only speaking the truth. What was that guy's name you had a crush on in tenth grade? Chad something..."

"White," Mary Lou offered.

"Yeah him, I bet if he saw you now, and if you were single, it wouldn't take him more than five seconds to mutter out a 'Y-y-yes!'"

"It's not proper to tease a girl like that," Mary Lou said, puffing out her cheeks.

"Then again, trust me, you wouldn't want him now," Magnus said, knowing what the man looked like now after having stumbled across his Facebook page.

"Why's that?"

"Let's just say he ballooned, while you shrank," Magnus said, flashing her a coy smile. "I'll bet you'll turn some heads whenever they hold the next high school reunion."

"You would too mister," Mary Lou said, wagging her finger at him. "You didn't have those muscles in high school, or that rugged face. So there!" She giggled feeling like old times when they would hang out and just enjoy each other's teasing.

"Well, five years under the hot sun would do that, plus these days I have a lot of time on my hands. Had to get my left arm as big as my right, if you know what I mean," Magnus said, winking at her. Causing Mary Lou to burst out in laughter. Falling into her chair as she couldn't stop.

"God. I've missed you Magnus," Mary Lou said, wiping her tears of laughter away.

"Well, you've got my number. You should come up to Montana and spend some time there. I've got plenty of room," Magnus said, resting his elbow on the desk with his chin in his hand.

"Is that where you're living now?" Mary Lou asked, arching an eyebrow.

"There and LA, when I'm not in the recording studio. The vast space up there has really helped me deal with what happened with Iona."

"So you did end up with her?!"

"For a while," Magnus nodded.

"Oh, I've got to hear more about this! What are you doing for lunch tomorrow?"

"I got no plans."

"How about we meet up at Loren's? I don't know if I can wait for Saturday to get this juicy gossip," Mary Lou said, flashing him a bright smile.

"Sure, although..."

"What?!" Mary Lou tilted her head to the side not liking that mischievous smirk of his.

"I wonder how Scott would take it when I'm stealing his wife away," Magnus teased Mary Lou mercilessly.

"Magnus Condon you're despicable!" Mary Lou said horrified, yet her eyes held her mirth as she stared at her old friend. She knew he wouldn't try anything with her. Magnus respected her boundaries and he wasn't that kind of man. Even if she had thought about what it would have been like if he had kissed her, made love to her, tasted her hot mound. Yet she too wouldn't ever cross that line. So her daydreams would remain just that.

"Well, I should let you get back to work."

"Don't be a stranger, you hear! You better call me at least once a day when you leave and text me a dozen times!" Mary Lou said, as she waved goodbye to him as he walked towards the automatic doors.

"Mary? Just who were you talking to? I haven't seen you this happy except when Scott comes and whisks you away to some weekend getaway."

"Oh, a very old friend that I haven't seen in many years," Mary Lou said, looking up at her coworker. Noticing the very dark eyeliner she would always wear when she was working. Even if she wore scrubs like the rest of them. Mary Lou could guarantee that her locker was filled with her black clothes and combat boots. "Me and Magnus Condon used to go to school, middle and high, together."

"Magnus Condon of Straža Smrti?" Eden asked, with wide eyes. Softly pushing Mary out of the way when she had a puzzled look on her face, quickly opening up the web browser and typing in the band's name. Scrolling down the list of videos until she found the one she liked the most. "Him! Is that the Magnus you're talking about?" Eden asked, as her finger tapped the screen as the video played. Showing a very close up, or as close as the camera lens could zoom as Magnus stood on the stage of his first show.

"Oh my god! That's Magnus, I always knew he could play. I never knew he joined a band..." Sitting back in her chair as Eden dropped to her knees.

"Please! Please! Introduce me! I love that band!" Eden begged as she knelt on the cold tile.

"Alright, alright, no need to beg," Mary Lou chuckled. Pulling out her phone quickly hitting Magnus's number from his text.

"Come now, I've been gone for like two minutes. You can't tell me you already miss me," Magnus teased.

"No you big goof. Have you left yet?"

"No, I'm not even half way to my rental car yet," Magnus said, rolling his eyes.

"Could you wait there, a coworker of mine would like to meet you," Mary Lou said, wondering if this would always happen now that she knew she was a dear friend of a star.

"Hmm... only if you bring me some of your cookies tomorrow."

"You remembered?!"

"Of course, I do. No one forgets something that good, ever!" Magnus said, his laughter flowed over the line.

"Deal!" Mary Lou said, smiling at her friend. "Come on, he's still in the parking lot," she said, pushing herself up. It wasn't hard finding Magnus given that he was walking up the sidewalk when they had exited.

"Oh my god, it is him," Eden said, in a gasp as she took hold of Mary Lou's right arm.

"So... finally decided to take me up on my offer," Magnus teased, setting the base of the case down on the concrete as he stood it on end. Keeping his left hand on it so it wouldn't tip over and damage his three thousand dollar guitar.

"Magus! You're incorrigible!" Mary Lou said, her face heating to a ripe cherry.

"I know, it's what you love about me," Magnus said, flashing his friend a teasing smile. "So is this the person that...?"

"Hi! I'm Eden," she offered as she held out her hand as she quickly stepped forward. The Sharpie she had snatched off of Mary Lou's desk sat in her pocket wondering if he would sign it.

"Hello," Magnus said, politely.

"Eden here has been working with me for the past two years. You could have told me you got all famous!" Mary Lou said, in an accusing tone.

"I was going to when we went out to dinner Saturday," Magnus shot back. "So you been keeping this trouble maker out of, well... trouble?" he asked, chuckling at Mary Lou's huff.

"Well I never!" Mary Lou said, stomping her foot and turning her nose up at him.

"Oh, Mary is a delight, I assure you," Eden said, wondering if this banter was always like that between them.

"Oh, I know. I could tell you some stories," Magnus said, smiling wickedly as Mary Lou gasped.

"You wouldn't?!" Mary Lou asked, her embarrassment was clear as day on her face.

"I might, if those cookies aren't delicious," Magnus said, with a toothy grin.

"You're an evil man Magnus Condon," Mary Lou said, shaking her finger at him.

"Thank my soon-to-be ex-wife for that," Magnus said, turning his attention back to the woman beside his childhood friend. "So... what can I do for you?"

"Could you... perhaps sign my top?" Eden asked, reaching into her pocket, pulling out the Sharpie.

"Sure, you mind holding this for a second?" Magnus asked, as he looked at Mary Lou.

"Sure, I don't mind," Mary Lou replied. Wondering if the guitar inside was the one he went on tour with as she watch Eden stretching her scrub top tightly after she handed the Sharpie to Magnus. She watched how Eden gazed at Magnus with quivering eyes as Magnus's fingers moved over her left breast as he signed his name. Wondering if this was what it was like for him now that he had made it in Hollywood.

"Oh, thank you!" Eden said, taking hold of Magnus's hands. "I'm just so glad the band didn't break up after Bobby's tragic death," she said, stepping closer to him.

"Yeah, they still are torn up about it," Magnus stated. Wondering why the woman was getting so close.

"If you ever come back to town, please come see me. I'll do anything you want..."

"Eden!" Mary Lou said, in a shocked gasp.

"What?! Haven't you ever wanted to fuck a rock star before?" Eden said, not being coy when she rubbed Magnus's hands along her breasts.

"I'm a happily married woman, I'll have you know!" Mary Lou said, not letting on that the thought had crossed her mind while he was visiting his grandmother.

"Well..." He had to leave; he had felt his cock growing in his pants as Eden allowed him to feel the curvature of her breasts. "I got to go, and you ladies have lives to save..."

"Please, keep me in your thoughts..." Eden smiled devilishly at Magnus as she blatantly cupped his growing cock. Giving it a gentle squeeze before Mary Lou pulled her away.

"What's gotten into you?! I'll see you tomorrow Magnus," Mary Lou said, over her shoulder trying not to notice the bulge in his pants.

******

Marge squirmed in her seat as her eyes scanned the parking lot of Greg's as she waited for her son. She had arrived a good ten minutes early. She knew Magnus wasn't lying to her when he said he would leave if she was a minute late. She knew this was probably the only chance she had to mend the rift between her and her son. Fergus was too set in his ways; his pride wouldn't allow his good sense to see that berating Magnus would only end in forever alienating their son. Marge didn't want to go through the later years in life knowing that her son was out there and yet unable to see or talk to her son. That was something she couldn't do. She couldn't go through her life regretting that she had the chance to make it right and didn't take it. The ten months of worry and silence were far too much for her to take.

"Ma'am? Can I get you something?" the waitress asked as she stood at the end of the table. Her ticket book in her hand, her pen held between her fingers waiting for the woman to make her order.

"Could you wait, my son should be here soon," Marge said, looking up at the woman with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry you have to order something, coffee it a good choice," the woman said, giving Marge a sly wink. "Then the boss can't complain about a booth going to waste."

"Then I'll have a cup of coffee," Marge said, smiling at the woman. "Thank you," she whispered.

"Not a problem hon," the woman smiled as she tucked her ticket book into her apron. "I remember when my son left town, I was on pins and needles until he finally came home," she said, lightly patting Marge's shoulder.

Marge's hands wrapped around the white mug, it's warmth seeping into her skin as the minutes ticked by. Her eyes always on the parking lot. Chewing on her lower lip as she glanced at the clock that sat on the wall on the other side of the diner. Knowing that only three minutes remained. Sitting straighter in her seat as she saw the set of headlights as it pulled into the parking lot. Her heart raced hoping that it was Magnus and that he hadn't blown her off. Her eyes growing in brightness as she saw her son stepping out of the car. Following after him as he walked towards the entrance door. The bell jingled over the door as Magnus entered. How she wanted to leap out of her seat and run over to him and wrap him in her arms. However, she knew Magnus would walk back out the door if she did that. So she stamped that urge down, yet she did smile lovingly at her son as he approached.

"Thank you, for coming Magnus," Marge said, offering him the seat across from her.

"You have until I'm done eating to say what you have to say," Magnus said, waving to the waitress.

"I understand," Marge said, knowing that was the best she was going to get. "Then I guess I should start then," she said, with a small smile. Knowing the waiters and waitresses were all busy at the moment which would give her more time with her son. "How have you been? Where are you living now?"

"Fine... well not fine, I've had to deal with a cheating wife, parents that sided with a two-timing woman," Magnus said, seeing his mother wince. "A divorce that I never wanted to go through and pray that I never have to do so again. I hate what Iona's done to me. I hate feeling like this..."

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I swear to you, we were only trying to save it. We thought we were doing the right thing. Iona had us all fooled. The moment I found out, that she was still stringing you along and seeing that man. I flew into a rage! How she ran out of the house like a rat fleeing a sinking ship. When she finally showed up to get her things she hid in that man's car as your father stood there, stern faced, as these strapping young black men loaded up the small U-Haul. I know we've done some things, things that now, in hindsight, I am ashamed of," Marge said, reaching across the table, her hand covering his.

1...45678...13