From the Ashes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Magnus, what song is that?" Haleema asked, as she sat down at the booth across from him.

"None that you would know of," Magnus said, the tip of his ring finger pressed and wobbled the string as the note hummed in the air.

"Okay," cracking open the top of the bottle of water she had just retrieved from the fridge, "so what song is it?" Haleema asked, intrigued. She could feel the emotions in the notes. The longing for something that she couldn't put her finger on.

"It's a song I made the day after my grandfather died," Magnus said, matter-of-factly.

"Oh?!" Her eyebrows rose when he said that. "Can you play it from the beginning? Does it have lyrics to it?"

"Sure, and... it does... but I'm not a singer like you," Magnus said, his cheeks heated in embarrassment.

"Nonsense," Haleema said, waving him off. "Please, sing for me," she inquired. She had noted how he looked at her on and off the stage. She did enjoy the feel of his eyes on her, and after two months on the road with him she began to think they might have something if they ever decided to give it a try. The nights after a show were always insightful as they talked the night away until one or both sought their beds. Haleema had begun to notice that his smile was starting to show itself more and more as they put the miles behind them. She had to admit it was a beautiful smile and that she enjoyed seeing it on his lips. Yet she knew he wasn't over the events that led him to them. She couldn't remember when it started but lately she's been having the urge to slide in beside him, take Magnus in her arms and let him cry his woes into her bosom.

"You sure?"

"Mmmhmm," Haleema nodded her head very vehemently. Resting her chin in the palm of her hand as he began the intro to the song. Her heart melting at the sound of his voice as he began to sing. She could tell if he was given vocal lessons that he could join in the songs when she needed or when the song called for backup vocals; and if he took to it like he took to playing his guitar. Then... feeling her body heating at the thought of her lips so close to his. Looking to her left as she heard Brandan's bass thumping along with the song. George beating his sticks on the counter as they both filled in the missing rhythm of the song. Haleema got a little misty eyed as she heard his voice quiver slightly. How it pulled at her heart knowing that Magnus must have really loved him to still affect him after so long.

"Man! Why didn't you tell us you have that in you?!" Brandan asked, once the song was over.

"Haleema we have to add it to the next album," George said, to which Brandan nodded in agreement.

"What?!" Magnus said, a little confused and embarrassed.

"Magnus that was such a beautiful song. We can tell it means a lot to you. And yes, we all collaborate on the songs, sometimes it's mine, Brandan's, or George's... Bobby, while he was troubled, did write some strong and powerful melodies. We, as a group, will respect your wishes if you don't want to add it to the album. Yet I hope you will think about it. I know it would reach the top ten on the charts. Please think about it, alright?" Haleema watched how Magnus looked around. She knew his parents voices were playing out in his head when they had belittled his talent without appearing to do so. She could see the uncertainly in his eyes as he looked at them.

"Dude, I know your parents laid into you all your life about your talent, but that song is killer. You have to let us play it," George said, smiling friendly at Magnus. Remembering the late nights they talked as their bus driver drove down those dark highways. Sometimes it was asking Magnus's advice on marriage, even if his broke apart. Magnus still had advice worth listening to. George did enjoy talking to him -- while he would miss his dear friend, however, in the last years of his life Bobby had become erratic -- he could see Magnus fitting in like he had been a part of the band when they first made it in Bobby's father's garage.

"Please?!" Haleema pleaded with a warm smile as she pressed her hands together.

"Alright," Magnus said, bashfully. Feeling his cheeks burning as they all hooped and hollered.

"The moment this tour is done, I'm going to set up a meeting with my vocal coach," Haleema said, enjoying the shocked look on Magnus's face. "If we are going to play your song it's only fair that you sing it with me," she said, wondering how much time they would be spending alone together to get the song down pat. "Plus, maybe you'll finally ask me out," Haleema said to herself. Looking down as the ringing of his phone filled the tour bus.

"Sorry I have to take this," Magnus said, quickly getting to his feet seeing the number of his lawyer.

"Sure," Haleema nodded. How she hoped his wife wasn't dragging this out. What she said was true, she didn't date married men. Too much baggage came along with it, and she wanted Magnus's full attention on her and not worrying about what his wife was trying to do as she watched how the door to the bedroom closed.

Looking up as he was placing the slice of tomato onto the leaf of lettuce. Wondering who could be calling him. His grandmother didn't usually call until the middle of the afternoon when she got back from some event with her friends; and seeing how she was the only one that knew the number to his home and his cell phone, not counting his lawyer. He had switched carriers the moment he reached LA. Magnus didn't want his parents or Iona thinking they could reach him and badger him any time they wanted. Sighing as he laid his knife down onto the plate. If it was a telemarketer he was going to be very annoyed.

"Magnus?" To say he was surprised to hear the sound of his mother's voice was an understatement. "It's your mother."

"I know who you are," Magnus said, coldly. "What do you want, and how did you get this number?"

"Magnus, please, don't be like that. Edna fell and fractured her hip. She's the one that told me where your number was. She wants you here," his mother said, referring to his grandmother.

"What hospital is she at?" Magnus asked, his eyes darting back and forth. Wondering how long his grandmother had lain on the floor of her home crying out for help.

"Golden Hills, room 207. Bill's here and so is your father; they both want to talk to you. Where have you been, how have you been? What have you been doing? Where are you living? Why didn't you say anything to us that you were leaving? You know how sad I was that you did, and didn't give us a chance to say goodbye or talk you out of this? You know how many nights I worried about you? I know you're angry with me and your father..." Magnus ignored all of his mother's rapid questions. He so wasn't going to answer them.

"Let me talk to grandma," Magnus said, into the phone as he held it against his ear with his shoulder as he finished making his sandwich and quickly cleaned up and shoving the jar, cold cuts, lettuce, and tomato into the fridge. Grabbing his plate as he walked hurriedly to his bedroom to pack.

"You aren't going to answer, are you?" Magnus heard his mother sigh when he replied with a stern, 'No'. "Edna?! Edna?! Bear with me Magnus, they have her one some powerful pain meds they make her very sleepy."

"Uh-huh," Magnus mumbled as he chewed.

"Edna, Magnus is on the phone, he wants to talk to you." Magnus heard his grandmother's mumbled words as his mother handed her the phone.

"Maggy?!" A smile touched his lips, she was the only one that got away with calling him that. The others who tried got a fistful.

"Hey grandma! I hear you had a stumble," Magnus said, setting the plate on the dresser. Opening up his closet as his he struggled to make out what she was saying through the drugs. "No grandma, I'm not on tour right now. I know! Grandpa would have so enjoyed coming along. You know how he couldn't say no to those little young ladies!" Magnus teased; his heart lifted hearing his grandmother's soft chuckle.

"Stop it Maggy! Naughty boy!" Edna said, in that tired, drugged voice.

"I'll be there on the first flight out. I'll see you tomorrow, don't want to disrupt your beauty sleep," Magnus said, dragging his suitcase out.

"I won't say a word." Magnus could feel her smile over the phone. It had been months since he had seen his grandmother. The last time he had seen her was when he had flown back home to celebrate the good news before he left town for good. "I love you, Maggy. I'll see you when you get here." Magnus could hear the light lift of her voice. He could also hear his mother's and father's chatter about how they wanted to talk to him as she placed the receiver on the base.

"Fuck!" Magnus hissed as his cell phone rang in his pocket as he was packing and eating at the same time. Stopping in his tracks when his lawyer's number appeared on the screen. Wondering what Iona had done now. Ever since she had been served she's been fighting the divorce trying to get anything and everything she could from him. Magnus knew that was likely due to her little lawyer boy toy. A cruel smirk raised the corner of his lips remembering the beating he had given the man when he thought he could lay a hand on him and not get stomped into the ground. The snapping of his finger was still clear in his mind when Magnus broke it. How it felt so therapeutic to vent his anger out on that pudgy man's body. "Hello?"

"Magnus?" The mid-fifties male voice came on the line.

"Yeah? What's going on Dan? What does Iona want now?" Magnus asked, in a tired sigh.

"Nothing. I'm just calling to tell you that she's ready to sign the papers..."

"What?! Really!" Magnus said, his voice carrying his excitement. Knowing that now, after all this time, he would be finally free from his slut wife.

"Yeah, I would have thought she would make a play for alimony or something like that."

"And?"

"She wants nothing. Other than a meeting with you, if you refuse then she will continue to fight for everything." Magnus grew quiet for a few minutes as his mind raced to what kind of ploy she was trying to pull. "Magnus you still there?"

"Yeah, just thinking," Magnus said, nibbling on his lower lip.

"I understand. After all this time, all this fighting she put up, I was a little shocked as well."

"Are you sure, she said she wanted nothing?" Magnus asked, knowing Iona, she had been trying to get her fingers on the money he was now making.

"I have it in writing and notarized just to make sure she can't back out of it."

"Smart. How long of a meeting did she ask for?"

"One hour, can you do it?"

"Yeah, alright," Magnus said, after a few minutes of hesitation.

"Great! When can you fly in? I'll have someone pick you up at the airport."

"Was already planning on flying in, my grandmother is in the hospital..."

"I'm sorry to hear that Magnus. How about we make it for Thursday at two, that should give you enough time to see how she is and visit with her?"

"That will be fine," Magnus nodded.

"Okay Magnus, I'll call her lawyer and let them know about the meeting and what time. I'll send you a text when I have confirmation of the agreement. Have a safe flight here, I'll see you on Thursday."

"Thursday it is." Magnus couldn't keep his enthusiasm from his voice.

"This will all be over soon Magnus," his lawyer said, before ending the call.

"Yes!" Magnus yelled joyfully at the ceiling. "Whoo-hoo!" Laughing madly that in three days he would finally have Iona out of his life. Then his head quickly snap down, his heart racing knowing what that meant. He would finally be able to approach Haleema as a free man. Free to ask that gorgeous woman out on a date. Free to court her without fear of his wife making a scene about it. Although, he never did when he knew she was still fucking that ass! Ignoring the plastic bag that contained the newest issue of Music Insider that sat beneath a stack of mail on the small table beside the front door as Magnus locked up his Montana home.

His thumb scrolled through his contact list as his bag thumped against his leg as he walked to his car. His thumb hit the call button to Haleema to let her know he wouldn't be able to make the recording session next week. Laying his bag in the trunk beside his guitar case as he listened to the dial tone ring. He felt like he was fifteen all over again when he called his very first girlfriend.

"Magnus? What's wrong?"

"Nothing to do with the band. I was just letting you know I won't be in LA next week," Magnus said, as he slid into the driver's seat.

"Oh?! Why?"

"Long story short, my grandmother fell and fractured her hip, plus my lawyer called," Magnus stated as he started his car. Telling her all that's happened in the past twenty minutes.

"Oh Magnus, I know how you've been waiting for this," Haleema said, silently bouncing on her bed. Trying to keep her smile from her voice knowing she had been waiting for this too. Knowing where she would be on that Friday when he was finally single. "I'll let George and Brandan know. You have to bring her to one of our shows one of these days. You know we would all love to meet her." What Magnus didn't know was that she planned on doing that while she was there. She wanted to meet the woman that Magnus had so much love for, all so that she could get some insight in how to be the perfect woman for him. She also wanted to rub his ex-wife's face in how she looked on his arm when it could have been her. Plus... she had read the article that Sophie Dale had written on him. How she slyly bit her lip, her mound began to moisten as her eyes ran down his bare chest. She lost herself as she stared at those blue eyes as she gazed at the cover of the magazine. Wondering if what Sophie had written was true. She had read that paragraph and re-read it to make sure she hadn't misread it. Her clitoris throbbed wondering how good that tongue of his would feel on her hot, lonely pussy.

"I'll see what I can do," Magnus chuckled as he pulled out onto the paved road.

"You let me know you got there alright, okay?"

"Sure, you'll be the first one I call," Magnus said, as he smiled from ear to ear.

"I better be!" Haleema said teasingly, before hanging up.

As Magnus walked through the airport to his gate he had seen some odd looks levied his way. He wasn't dressed weirdly; his hair wasn't in any odd angles and whatnot. So what could it have been? He wished he knew. That was until a fifteen-year-old girl came running up to him. His image staring at him as she asked for an autograph.

"Is it true?!" the girl asked, inquisitively. Magnus's pen moved quickly over the cover signing his name.

"Is what true?" Magnus asked, clearly confused as to what she meant.

"Of what you can do with your tongue down..." Before she could finish the girl became red faced and ran away just as fast as she appeared. Leaving Magnus standing in the airport at a loss for words. Looking around noticing how many of the women that filled that open space had their noses deep within the pages of a magazine. Magnus took a dry shallow as the cover came into view.

"What the hell did she write about me?" Magnus asked himself beating himself up in his mind for not reading it the moment Sophie had sent him a copy. Walking over to the nearest newsstand, feeling the eyes of every woman following him as he did. He had to know why it was causing such a buzz. "Do you have the newest Music Insider?" Magnus asked, the man that was manning that small booth.

"Sure do!" He exclaimed, turning around grabbing the last one he had. "Say... that wouldn't happened to be you?" he asked, as he rung up the sale.

"Yeah," Magnus said, handing the man a ten dollar bill and telling him to keep the change before tearing open the plastic bag as Magnus walked away. Quickly opening it up to the article remembering what Saffi had said in the letter she had left behind. Stopping in his tracks as he stared at the last part of the article.

"Well there you have it, a tale of woe that led this man to greater heights than he ever knew were possible. Yet that wasn't all, I have to tell you ladies. This man... mmm... and let me tell you he is definitely all man. Had me writhing all night long. His cock, just perfect, and he truly knows how to use that God-given tool of his. I lost count of the number of times he had me cumming on it. I think it was somewhere around ten or so. I could be off by a few. I mean my mind was pretty much drunk on how delicious that cock felt as he fucked me hard. Making me moan to the high heavens, I have to wonder how big of a wet spot I had left once we retired to the shower. Where again, Magnus Condon made me beg and howl as my lustful voice echoed off his shower walls. However, before we did, God, I felt so dirty, and you ladies know what I mean, as his cum painted my face. Then... I allowed him in the back. Where I have to say I still feel him back there as I draft this article; and yes ladies and gents, I am definitely wet. Thank you Magnus Condon for that, you were a true gentleman that night. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

Now, I know some of you ladies are wondering how strong his tongue game was. Some of us -- me included -- have experienced some very lack lustered efforts in our lives. Yet this man... mmm... truly knew how to make a woman's little peach all nice and creamy if you know what I mean. The way it would dance along it, and the special treat, inside that hot, wet, nectar filled peach. Making that muscle roll within it, allowing my folds to know it so intimately. The way he had paid attention to its steam. Making that little bud know that it wasn't neglected. Making this little tight body of mine squirm as he brought me to a very large orgasm and two smaller ones. Hey, let's not get into semantics here, Magnus Condon truly knows his way around a woman's... you get the idea. One has to wonder how Iona, his estranged wife, could ever give up a man like that. Nevertheless, if she didn't then I, and maybe you if you're lucky enough, would have never had the opportunity to know this man so intimately."

"Fuck me..." Magnus said, a little too loudly, noting the numerous heads of women perking up all around him. Dropping his head, hiding his burning face in the pages of the magazine. Hoping they thought he was reading it as he hurriedly walked to his gate. Then shaking his head for feeling so silly. So what if they knew, he wasn't going to hide. "Yes ladies, it's true if you were wondering," Magnus shouted for all to hear. Chuckling as jaws dropped as he waved to them.

On the plane, Magnus sat in first class as he read the article about him. Feeling his smile widening that Saffi had been true to her word. Everything that she had written was word for word what he had spoken at length about.

"Can I get you anything?" Came a soft smooth voice causing Magnus to lift his head. His eyes running over the early twenties woman's face, her medium red hair was held back with a hair clip. Her soft green eyes had a lustful spark to them as she bent at the hips. Allowing her white button down blouse to hang open showing off the tops of her white lacy bra. "Something to drink? A snack?" She had been walking a few feet behind him having to pull a double shift when the flight attendant that was assigned to this flight called in sick. So she had heard what he had said, then she had asked one of the women that were clustered around the nearest table to her what that was all about. She was directed to read the last part of the article. To say her face was burning red once she finished it was an understatement; and when she found him sitting at the gate waiting to board the plane. She wondered if her shift was going to be boring.