From the Ashes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A year later they were married. Somehow their wedding photos had been leaked to the press. Magnus had suspected Brandan due the smile on his face every time TMZ showed the photos of the event, yet he let it slide. That didn't matter what mattered was the woman in his arms every night. That had brought a peace to his troubled, broken heart. Another year later little Gwen was born.

Haleema stood in the doorway as she watched as her husband held their daughter in his arms. Gently rocking her to calm her down from her restless sleep. What he didn't know was that she had Skyped his mother. Watching as he swayed as their daughter's eyes peered over his shoulder.

"Fly me to the moon and let me sing among the stars," Magnus began to sing Frank Sinatra. "Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forevermore. You are all I long for. All I worship and adore. In other words I love you," he sang before placing a kiss on his daughter's head.

"Oh my! She's adorable," Marge said, at the sight of her granddaughter. Causing Magnus to spin around towards the sound.

"Her father isn't half bad either," Haleema purred as her eyes savored the man that she loved.

"That's just playing dirty," Magnus teased sticking his tongue out at his wife.

"Magnus when are you bringing my granddaughter to see me?!"

"Why don't y'all fly up."

"You sure? We don't want to impose, baby," Marge said, since he had sent the photo of her birth she had wanted to fly out the moment the news was announced. Yet their relationship was still mending, and she didn't want to push her son away.

"I'm sure, aren't we?" Magnus asked, looking at Gwen. Who flashed him a toothless smile. "Yeah, we here."

"We'll be out the first thing in the morning!" Marge squealed in joy.

"Bring grandma, li'l Gwen would love to see her," Magnus said, smiling at his wife.

"We will, oh I got to pack! Fergus pull out our suitcase!" Marge yelled out. "Because we're going to see our grandbaby!" she said, answering his unheard question. "Bye baby! Bye Haleema, bye you sweet adorable thing!" Marge said, waving into the camera before ending the call.

"So everything you could've hoped for?" Haleema asked, as her head rested against the doorframe.

"Wouldn't change it for the world," Magnus said, leaning in letting his kiss convey the love he had for her.

The End.

Epilogue...

Iona wept as she sat at her desk the news of Magnus marriage was all over the web. The day he had tossed her away, she had only one choice. That was to marry Connor Bags, not the wisest choice she ever made. For nearly two years she's had to suffer in a loveless marriage to a man she knew was cheating on her like he had done with his first wife with her. Not that she could use the clause in her prenuptial, since then he could use it against her as well. She wasn't about to raise a wild two-year-old by herself. So she would lay there when Connor climbed on top of her, thinking about what she had thrown away as she felt those sausage fingers of his pawing at her body. Which she had gained fifteen pounds from her emotional eating. Always scowling at the man once he rolled off of her. Wondering why she would ever fall for his words. Why she had ruined everything she had with Magnus. So now she stalked everything there was about her ex-husband.

"Iona? Why are you crying?" asked the other paralegal that worked in Connor's office. Iona was just lucky it was a man and gay; she knew Connor would have his fat fingers all over her if it was a woman.

"That could have been me!" Iona moaned as she spun the screen around. Showing off Magnus and Haleema's wedding photos.

"Oh honey, it's okay to have dreams."

"No, I was his wife! I threw him away, for that!" Thrusting out her hand towards Connor's office. "Don't believe me?!" Throwing open her desk drawer where she hid the last photo she had of her and Magnus that Connor hadn't destroyed. "See!" Holding up the photo of her and Magnus in her wedding gown.

"And you chose that?!" the man asked, pointing at his boss's office in shocked disgust.

"I know!" Iona groaned knowing she was resigned to her fate.