All Comments on 'From the Heart'

by Leenysman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 7 years ago
I agree it was rushed,

But a pretty nice idea if you can draw it out more.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Rushed

I agree with that criticism. I was in the middle of writing something else, when this idea kept nagging at me, so I decided to quickly get it onto the page and see what people thought, even knowing it was missing a whole lot in the middle. It will join a couple other stories on the "rewrite later" pile, next to the "continue later" pile, when I've exhausted other story ideas. It might be a while, since my "Year After" multi-series, planned for 4 years, is currently in the middle of Year 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
slow down

A little slower would be nice. having had a open heart surgery I can tell

you that things are strange when you wake up. my operation did not go

smoothly and I did not know any of the people looking at me when they came to my

room. days later I learned their names and who they were. I did not tell any one

that I did not know them. in time most of my memory came back.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
Absolutely Idiotic!

Nuf said. 1*

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous emailer...

who asked why I bothered posting something I felt was worth rewriting later while I was in the midst of writing something else?

Two reasons.

1) To get feedback on the basic idea and what I HAD written;

2) To clear the idea from my head.

Sometimes writers write for their own purposes, not just their readers'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nice idea

Just a bit short. Perhaps some research on transplantation issues could have helped. The immune system is quite an issue here and a promising hook for interesting complications. Loved it, a nice and friendly story, just too short.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
I liked it.

It was cute and sweet. The idea of someone's 'soul' transferring along with their heart is not a new one, but you did it a fine service in the telling.

PileDriver48PileDriver48over 7 years ago
In the middle here.

I believe that two people can fall in love in a couple of months, but I think as a reader I deserved to get some of the story behind them discovering that love.

I also think some more erotic details would have helped me enjoy more. This could be a nice romance story.

noel5474noel5474over 7 years ago
Is there more?

Shawna and Hank have just started a life together, surely there will be more for this couple, at least i hope so. Well written and please continue to write and post here I look forward to reading more stories from you.

thanx

noel

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
It was ok

Transplants NEVER NEVER go like that NEVER. it does not matter if someone wants to be a transplant giver on death. ALL concerned MUST agree or it NEVER happens.If all isn't there then the transplant NEVER happens PERIOD hospitals learned quickly to neer trust a dying patients wishes without EVERYONES consent. FUCK the donor...

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 7 years agoAuthor
@sampkyang

You're saying that the organ donation option on a driver's license does NOT amount to consent, when every resource I look at says it does?

LovesAGoodStoryLovesAGoodStoryover 7 years ago
Short and Sweet

4* thanks for writing this.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Not Bad

Maybe should have been in Sci-Fi?

Minor quibble - how in the hell does he take a shower with two casts on? Sh'e certainly in no position to assist him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought it was Great. Being a heart recipient for 15 years. I was just wheeled in and told we have a heart. Mine was from a 26 year old guy. I was 50. I did research on him and looked through his life. It compels you to want to continue to be part of the families life. You have feelings for them from their gift. He crashed on his motorcycle helmet less on a bridge. I would say in honesty that this actually could have happened.

Kingv1220@aol.com

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLeenysman@Leenysman
1942 Followers
Please read my username/pseudonym as "Leeny's Man". Leeny was my wife's nickname, and she died in December 2014. I'm 60, looking to recover my life, my joy, my confidence, after some bad years before Leeny died. Literotica, or porn in general, isn't something she would have...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES