All Comments on 'From This I was Made'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
ogianoogianoabout 7 years ago
Very Well Written and Highly Erotic - Needs More Chapters

This is a well-written story with very few grammatical and punctuation mistakes to detract from continuous reading. From beginning to end, it shows natural flow of situations and dialogues .

This deserves more chapters to shape the father-daughter relationship and would like to see conflicts and resolutions. Two or three more chapters would totally round up the story. Please consider adding more chapters.

nightshadownightshadowabout 7 years ago
(in)Decent

Overall, not really a bad story, nor was it poorly written. A little on the short side. I feel like there was more story to tell, like there was something missing. Perhaps it was the element of thrill/risk that was missing? I dunno. Definitely not bad, but, at the same time, not really great, either. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry to Disagree... BUT

This was NOT "Very Well Written" as another comment suggested...

It was a decent story idea, and could be developed into something worth reading - IF - Big IF, you either had an editor, or had any idea how important verb tense, or authors perspective is to a story...

It is bad enough when people switch between past & present tense deliberately. However you seem to have absolutely no idea you are doing it & sometimes switch tense within the same sentence, even multiple times in the same sentence...

Seriously DO NOT listen to those who tell you that you are a great writer, they are NOT doing you any favors, & if you continue writing PLEASE get an editor, because you NEED one!

ONE Star (Only because Zero Stars is not an option)

trigudistrigudisabout 7 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous

Thanks for your comments. Had you paid closer attention, you would have noticed that I changed tenses from present to past when referring to the back story. I did this mostly in the first couple of paragraphs. I'm very cognizant of tenses, and realize that you can't use the present tense in a back story reference, even in the same paragraph of mostly present tense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
conway cooment stoppednme reading it

started good then mentioned 45 then kekky ann being smart and handling the media well made me stop please no politics in erotica or keep the current ones out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
erotic

Where to from here

trigudistrigudisabout 7 years agoAuthor
I agree - it needs a follow-up.

Be patient, it's coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Kellyanne Conway...

' She admires his campaign manager and now adviser, Kellyanne Conway. "She's smart and she's tough," she tells Roland. "I love the skillful way she handles the media, giving as good as she gets." '

Is this a joke?

She's a lying sack of shit.

And as for attractive... she looks like she was living on the street for 30 years or so with no medical care at all. Then someone decided to bring here in, hose her off, and give her a job as the worlds crappiest liar.

trigudistrigudisabout 7 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous Who Dissed Kelly Anne Conway

Look, you're welcome to your views. But the fact remains that Mrs. Conway is a very bright lady, a lawyer who passed the bar in multiple states and can spar verbally with the best of them. I agree, she's less than truthful at times, doing her job as a mouthpiece for our less than truthful president

bucco40bucco40about 7 years ago
President dishonest?????

If you would look at this through unbiased eyes, you would not write such vitriol. The previous President continuously lied for 8 years and was rarely called out for it. He also tried to force the one media outlet that tried to report on this out of the daily briefings but was luckily denied this play by the other media outlets. Let's keep political discourse out of the smut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Could Have been better-paced

This was an interesting story, and for the most part you tell it well. I'd give it 4 stars.

I can't give you 5 stars for 2 reasons: 1) I don't believe the political commentary is necessary -- indeed, it detracts from the flow of the story; and 2) how can you not know the difference between 'message' and 'massage'? Everywhere you wrote the former you should have used the latter.

OzBushrangerOzBushrangerabout 7 years ago
Well Written

I enjoyed reading this story, which has been well-crafted and speaks with with some authority. For those who have criticized you for your political comments I would say, go find another soapbox from which to spruik your vitriolic political poison.

The comments were made as part of the establishment of the protagonist's credential. Not as a commentary on the current political scene in the US. They were made as part of the creative process. Not as a debating point.

By all means criticize the author's creative writing skills -- although I found nothing worthy of criticism in that regard -- but take your political opinions to a forum where the contributors might give a rat's.

trigudistrigudisabout 7 years agoAuthor
To OzBushranger

Thanks for reading and commenting. But most of all, for understanding the difference between a character's views and those of the author. They might be one and the same or they might not. In this story, the very brief politically tinged dialogue served as a fine brush to draw Roland and Carrie Ann beyond simply two characters with a mutual sexual attraction. I'm surprised that such relatively benign reference to politics triggered the strong negative reaction it did among some readers here. Honestly, I'm still grateful for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
In response to bucco40

"He also tried to force the one media outlet that tried to report on this out of the daily briefings "

As if Trump too hasn't done the exact same thing (several times in fact, with several different media organizations, in his less than 2 months as president). Pot. Kettle. Black

It's a story. *You* didn't have to comment on the political part of it, but *you* did. That's totally on you.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Hum

The back and forth on politics brings to mind the definition of an honest politician. An honest politician is one when bought stays bought.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

This is the best incest story I’ve read. I truly love it. Damn, you’re good! Can you write another installment after On Sabbatical, where Roland and Carrie Ann hook up again? Plzzzzzzz

ToughSailorToughSailor7 months ago

Loved it soooo much. As to all of the acerbic comments regarding your very brief political references, I don't see what's got all their knickers in such a twist. After all, you did give a nod to both camps. Now: please more, much more from your talented pen . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...