Full Moon Over Valentine's Rocks

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a pause before Meranda replied.

"Sea..." she started, before finally adding, "... land... yes... from Sealand."

For a moment Brenda was confused, then suddenly the penny dropped. It wasn't quite the accent she would have expected, but for sure Meranda was an out of towner, big time.

"Zealand... New Zealand... wow, you have come a long way. What brings you to sleepy little Craggnaggan?"

"The moon," was the rather surprising reply. "The moon brought me back here."

"The moon?" Brenda asked.

"Back here?" Brenda added.

"Yes, I've been here before... years back... and now come again. When the moon shines, I follow... and it brings me here... looking for..."

"Are you?" Brenda interrupted. "Are you a reporter? Are you here for the legend of Craggnaggan?"

"Legend?" Meranda asked.

"You must know the story," Brenda replied. "How she'll be back... when the moon shines full... on Valentine's Day... looking for love... and when she finds it..."

The blonde laughed.

"You say. How exciting. And... you think it's true?" Meranda asked.

"Me? I don't think," Brenda responded. "I know it's true... but others... they don't all share the same..."

As she started to explain her position on the legend, Brenda was interrupted by a shout from the other end of the bar.

"Hey... Brends... gets a move on, some of us are dying of thirst over here," came a man's voice.

"... take him, for example... that's Jake... he's built his livelihood around the legend, not that he believes a word of it. Now, that'll be four-thirty-five."

Meranda reached into her bag. She leafed through the contents, pulling a greenish-blue crumpled paper note out.

"Here you go," Meranda replied.

For a moment, Brenda stood and stared at the crumpled fiver. She hadn't seen one of these in years and wasn't quite sure how she was going to break the news to the young blonde.

"Why are we waiting... why...y...y are we waiting..." Jake piped up at the other end of the bar.

"Pipe down, Jake. Be there in a sec," Brenda retorted, before turning to Meranda and handing the note back.

"I'm sorry, Meranda," Brenda said. "That one's no longer legal. Let me serve Jake before he creates merry hell, and we'll sort yours out after."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What's the delay?" Jake asked, his question aimed towards the landlady standing in front of him, but all the time his gaze focussed on the blonde at the other end of the bar.

"Nothing for you to worry about, Jake. Just an old fiver. I'll sort it in a minute... now, what can I be getting you before you and your cronies die of thirst."

"Three pints of best, and an introduction if you'd be so kind," Jake responded.

"An introduction?" Brenda quipped. "Well... I'm Brenda, and it's great to meet you, Jake. Now, am I adding them to your tab?"

"No... no... I mean... yes," Jake responded, getting a little flustered at the way she was toying with him. "Yes, to the tab... and no to the introduction. You know what I meant, Brenda. Who's the blonde?"

"Out of your league... that's who she is," came the next quipped reply.

"I'll be the judge of that," Jake responded, the thought that somebody could be unattainable bringing out the masculine bravado inside, especially somebody as beautiful as this young woman. "Now... who is she... and does she have a name?"

"Who? Meranda?" Brenda inadvertently responded, before suddenly stopping.

"Meranda, is it?" Jake asked. "So, she does have a name."

Brenda sighed. She'd seen this all too often from the self-claimed king of the surf. Jake was the other legend of Craggnaggan, but his legacy was just a little more sordid, and usually ended up with a quick fling and a broken heart, for whoever succumbed to his charms. And now... now he had his sights on yet another conquest.

"Yes... and she's a reporter to boot... so, as I said... out of your league, Jake."

"A reporter?" Jake replied. "Well... how about I give her a story to write home about..."

"Jake... I mean it... she's..."

"She's gotten a free drink. Tell her it's on Jake."

As Jake made his offer to Brenda, he glanced over towards Meranda. Their eyes met, and in that moment, he felt a wave of attraction pass over him. As his pulse raced, a feeling of excitement hit Jake, and as it did, he made up his mind. Out of his league or not, he was going to enjoy finding out.

Sitting at the other end of the bar, Meranda smiled back towards her unknown admirer. There was something different about this Jake... something which had her wondering. Could he be the one?

Jake raised his glass towards the mysterious, yet beautiful, visitor. He would have taken his chance there and then, but a sudden shout from the other side of the pub told of two equally thirsty employees waiting for this round of drinks to arrive. Reluctantly, he headed off, pints in hand, towards the back of the pub. As he did, all he could think about was the stranger at the bar, and how he could manage to get her alone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Meranda, wasn't it?" Brenda asked, returning to the customer at the other end of the bar.

"Your lucky day," Brenda continued.

"Lucky day?" Meranda asked. "What do you mean... lucky day?"

"I mean... well... Jake's just paid for your drink, so you don't need to worry about that old fiver," Brenda replied.

"Jake? The guy at the other end of the bar?" Meranda asked.

Brenda nodded.

"Is he one of your regulars, or is he not from round here?" Meranda asked.

"Who... Jake... he's about as regular as they come... owns the surf shack on the beach, and in here every night, unless he has a better offer," Brenda replied.

"Better offer?" Meranda asked.

"You don't wanna know," Brenda replied.

"He's cute though... you have to admit it... he's cute," Meranda responded, her gaze scanning the back of the bar to catch a glimpse of the stranger who had just funded her drink.

"Cute he might be... but you wanna watch that one," Brenda replied. "Full of himself... god's gift... and he's got a reputation to boot... a real ladies' man... bag 'em... bed 'em... break 'em... if you get what I mean."

"Break them?" Meranda asked, confused by the turn of words.

"Hearts," Brenda responded. "Hearts... breaks them all in the end."

"Them all?" Meranda asked, intrigued by the plural in the response.

"Look... all I'm saying is watch out... he's a charmer... chat's them up... gets them back to that shack of his... I think you get my drift," Brenda explained. "Oh, and he reckons he's a bit of a stallion."

"Hung like a horse," Brenda added, laughing slightly.

"I see," Meranda replied, "and thanks for the warning."

Thanks for the warning, or thanks for the advice? If she wasn't sure before, Meranda's mind was now made up. If macho man liked the ladies, then she'd make sure to introduce herself. If he liked a bit of adventure, she'd give him a night he wasn't going to forget. And, as for being like a stallion... well, for sure Meranda liked a good ride.

God's gift? Oh yes, she'd enjoy taking this one down, given half the chance.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Three

Somebody here to see you, Boss

Morning... Saturday 14 February (Valentine's Day)

How could he have let her go without saying hello?

Those thoughts had consumed Jake the previous night, and the mysterious stranger was still on his mind as he woke up the next morning. To be honest she'd been on his mind as he slept too, his dreams filled by a vision of blonde beauty, his morning wood suggestive of just how arousing said dreams had been.

Jake reached down inside his boxers. He couldn't resist giving his cock a quick stroke. God, he was hard. He was always hard, and large to boot. There were three things in life that Jake was proud of; his surfing prowess, his ability to spin a good yarn, and the ramrod of steel he was now caressing. Oh yes, he'd never had any complaints in that department, as the multitude of notches on his bedpost stood testament to.

Jake closed his eyes as he started to work his shaft a little faster, running his fingers up and down his length. No sooner had the blackness consumed him, than a vision appeared. It was her. It was Meranda. She was kneeling between his legs. It was her hand toying with his cock. She leaned forward. Her long blonde hair fell across his lap, sliding against his naked skin like the softest silk scarf. He could sense her leaning forward. He could sense her lips against the tip of his manhood, caressing his swollen head. He could hear...

The beep of his phone broke Jake out of his imaginary world. Jake squinted at the alarm clock. It was only ten o'clock. Couldn't they manage without him? There'd be words to be had with those two so-called employees of his, if they had gotten him out of bed for nothing. He reached out towards the bedside cabinet, fumbling as he grabbed for the handset. Squinting to focus, Jake read the message on the screen.

'Somebody here to see you, boss. What time shall I say?'

It was Sam. It was always goddam Sam. He wasn't the sharpest in the box, but he meant well, and he was Jake's cousin, so Jake could hardly give Sam a tough time. As usual though it was half a message. Quickly Jake typed a response.

'Who wants to see me? Unless they've got an appointment, I'm closed for winter.'

It was a couple of minutes before a reply came.

'Blonde bitch. The one from the pub. Asking for you. I told her you're closed for winter, and she left.'

"Sam... you fucking bloody idiot," Jake shouted out into the emptiness of his bedroom.

If Jake could count on one thing, it was that his cousin had an unenviable knack of screwing everything up. Quick as a flash, Jake got dressed and headed out. The walk down to the beachside shack was around twelve minutes, but this morning, and with a purpose in his stride, Jake was there in eight. He threw the door open and walked into the large open plan area at the front of the building.

Jake looked around. It was empty, bar for the rows of surfboards leaning against one wall, the hooks full of wetsuits on another, and the large wooden desk, behind which, with his feet on the table, sat Sam.

"Hey Boss," Sam called out, quickly putting his feet on the floor, and dusting off the top of the desk. "Where's the fire?"

"What did you say to her?" Jake asked, his pulse racing, partly from the way he had rushed down to the shack, and partly from the anger of having missed out on getting this mysterious blonde to himself.

Jake glanced towards that door at the back of the shack, the one marked 'STAFF ONLY' only in big red letters. There were three rooms behind that door; a toilet, a kitchen come diner, and Jake's private office. Office? Well, that's what it said on the door, but in all reality, it got more use as a bedroom than an office, perfect for those nights when Jake had consumed one too many at the Mermaid's Curse, or for those unexpected opportunities when love happened to come a calling.

"Told her you were closed, like you said," Sam replied.

The look on Jake's face must have spoken daggers as it was a contrite response which followed from Sam.

"I only did as you asked. You said to tell them you were closed unless they had an appointment. She didn't, so I told her. Did I do something wrong?"

"Sam... Sam... Sam..." Jake started, pausing to think about how he was going to put it.

He was about to give his cousin a right old rollicking, the sort which would leave Sam in no uncertainty about the disappointment he had caused. Then, just as the words formed in his mind, Jake reconsidered. The blonde bitch would be gone soon enough, and there would be many more to take her place once they got back into the season. The one continuity in life was that Sam would still be there, helping to run the business. Was it worth destroying everything over one more conquest?

Jake sat down on one of the guest chairs, took a deep breath, and replied.

"You did great, Sam... just great."

Sam smiled. For the next hour or so, the two men chatted about everything, and anything, but not about a certain visitor. It was only as Sam headed off to get some lunch, that he turned towards Jack.

"Oh, and I nearly forgot, Boss," Sam said. "That blonde... she said something about a drink... about owing you a thank you... and being in the Curse this evening if you were going to be free."

This time it was Jake who smiled.

For Meranda... of course he could make himself free.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Four

When she asks so nicely, wouldn't you say yes?

Evening... Saturday 14 February (Valentine's Night)

By Valentine's Night, the Mermaid's Curse was busier than normal. The numbers had been swelled by an offer of discounted champagne for all of Cupid's young couples, and a few old ones to boot. Okay, so it wasn't exactly Pol Roger, but chilled to within an inch of its life, it was eminently drinkable. For Brenda, it was a gamble, but one which seemed to be paying off given how many bottles she had sold to date.

"What'll it be, Jake?" Brenda asked.

"Three of your finest," Jake replied.

Brenda had already pulled two pints, and was midway through the third, when Jake added to his order.

"And Brenda... could you be a darling, and pop one of those bottles on ice."

"Awww... Jakey Bulmer... I never thought you cared..." Brenda teased.

"No... not for us..." Jake replied nonchalantly.

"Then who? Surely, it's not for you and the two cronies back there... now that would get a few tongues wagging," Brenda retorted.

"No... no... just say... I'm feeling kinda... well... kinda lucky tonight... and when lady luck shines, she deserves the best... I've nothing more to say, Brenda."

"Well... I do... that'll be thirty-six fifty... and no refund on the fizz if she sees sense and runs a mile," Brenda replied, giving Jake a wink as she spoke about his would-be lover seeing sense.

"Oh, ye of little faith. You'll see Brenda... mark my cards... she'll be here... and when we walk out the door together, you can say... Jakey-boy, you hit the jackpot this time."

With that, Jake paid up and headed back to his table, carefully carrying the three pints. He so hoped that Sam had been right in what he had said, and that he wasn't pulling Jake's leg by suggesting Meranda would be here tonight. What's more, he hoped she was going to be here because of the company, and not because it was good tasting beer.

For now, though, all he could do was wait and see... and make idle conversation as he downed his pint. Idle conversation? It wasn't that the company was bad. On any other night, at least on any night where there wasn't the promise of a beautiful young blonde walking into his life, then Sam and Rob were perfect drinking buddies. They listened. They laughed when they needed to. They responded in awe to Jake's constant tales of youth, of innocence, of bedding every pretty girl in town.

"What's up Jakey-boy," Rob called out, noticing how distant his friend seemed.

It was Sam who responded rather than Jake.

"Oh, he's on a promise... that's what's up, isn't it boss?"

"Tell me more, Casanova," Rob quipped. "Who is she? Do we know her?"

Jake didn't respond... well, not in words. He did respond in actions. Without warning, Jake stood up and headed towards the bar.

"Was it something I said?" Rob asked.

"Oh no," Sam replied. "It wasn't you... it was her!"

Both Rob and Sam sat there, mouths open, staring at the young blonde who had walked into the pub.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" Sam suggested.

"Beautiful?" came a questioned reply from Rob. "She's not beautiful... she's fucking gorgeous. Oh, what I'd do to be on a promise like that. What's the secret, Sam? What do you think Jake's got that we haven't?"

"I dunno," Sam replied. "Brains... good looks... muscles... the gift of the gab... take your pick."

"She was down the shack earlier... asking after the boss," Sam added. "She's more than gorgeous you know. It's like... like... I dunno, Rob... there's something about her which is... what's the word... captivating... no... intoxicating... no... spellbinding. I dunno, but there's something different about that one, and I'd love to be the one finding out what it is."

"Sam! Stop your drooling," Rob snapped, breaking his colleague out of what had become an almost trance like state. "What would she want with a trio of surf shack losers like us?"

"I dunno," Sam replied, still staring back at the blonde stranger, "but look at her... look at the way she glides rather than walks... look at the way her hair ebbs and flows as she walks, just like the waves lapping up and down on the beach... look at the way she—"

"Fuck me, Sam!" Rob exclaimed. "Did you see that? She just kissed the boss."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jake was just as surprised as his two drinking buddies. He'd headed over to the bar as soon as he noticed Meranda walk into the pub. He could hardly have her finding him sitting in the shadows, could he... and worse still, sitting in the shadows with Sam and Rob. Two's company they say, three's a crowd, and four... that would never do.

Then there was the small matter of that bottle of Brenda's best bargain fizz. He'd taken a punt. Champagne wasn't the drink of choice for most around here, but Meranda wasn't like most around here. There was something sophisticated about Champagne, and the way those bubbles streamed gently to the surface of the glass. His hopefully lover-to-be was just the same... enticing... delightful... and most definitely a cut above the rest.

Jake intended to make an impression, and timing was of the essence. By the time Meranda reached the bar, the wheels had already been set in motion.

"Jake?" Meranda asked.

Jake turned towards the young woman and smiled.

"Sure... I'm Jake," he replied, playing it coy. "And you may be?"

"Meranda," she replied, walking right up to Jake, and placing a soft kiss on each of his cheeks.

For a moment, Jake didn't know what to do or say. What had been the biggest surprise? Was it the directness of the greeting, or was it the tingle of electricity which seemed to flow from her soft lips? Electricity? Yes, that was the strange thing. He had kissed more women that he would dare to name, but the tingle in this gentle peck had set his heart pounding with excitement.

'Play your cards right, Jakey-boy,' he told himself as he stared back at the captivating beauty in front of him.

"Meranda... Meranda... such a nice name... for such a beautiful young lady..." Jake responded. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Meranda?"

If she knew how to, Meranda might have blushed. The last time she was here, the barmaid had given her a heads up on Jake and, without hesitation, he was living up to his reputation. For sure, Jake was quite the charmer Meranda had been warned about, not that she was disappointed. In fact, her plans were banking on his charms, his reputation as a womaniser, and the hope that he just wouldn't be able to resist one more conquest, on Valentine's Night of all nights.

"We've met before," Meranda replied.

"We have? Are you sure? I'd never forget such a beautiful face," Jake continued to play it cool.

"Remember... you bought me a drink... last night," Meranda replied.

Jake nodded. How could he forget, and if the cost of a pint of mild was what it took to get time alone with Meranda, then it was a bit of a bargain.

"I wanted to say thank you. I came to the surf shack, but your mate said you were closed. So, I hoped to catch you here, tonight," Meranda continued.

"Ah yes, how could I forget... and think nothing of it... my pleasure," Jake said.

123456...8