All Comments on 'Fun With Fanciful Fungi'

by Underground_Man

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

All of your stories have been great so far, however, this might be the best one yet

adaggerpointedadaggerpointed5 months ago

I really enjoyed this story - it was hot and the author really conveyed the gradual change in both characters very well. They ask a couple of questions in their endnote: I feel the perspective shifts were handled effortlessly, and I was always clear on what was happening. And I felt the reader was ahead of the characters in understanding that they were being affected, and that was handled in a way that made the situation and the story more sexy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The experiment was a resounding success! I haven't actually read any of your other stories, but you're pretty good at character writing and letting the personalities of the characters "drive" the scenario, and that shines through in this point-of-view system. I'm not sure I'd say the perspective shifts were "effortless," but it was certainly easy to follow; the trick to making it even better might lie in giving up on describing certain events from both perspectives, and instead just settling for one.

I'm mixed on the "characters unaware of / distracted from growth" thing, because it certainly worked and probably made for a better story, but since you stuck so close to their perspectives, it did vastly reduce the amount of growth description we got, which is the hottest part for me. Naturally, by the time the characters realize what's going on, they're not going to intentionally inhale many more of the spores, so the scenario didn't allow for much more (although I did appreciate that you made an attempt to get plenty of that in right before the sex). I might suggest a scenario where one party is aware of the growth and the other isn't, but that could lead to control dynamic issues and borderline noncon/reluctance, which is less desirable for me and maybe for you too. I'm sure it could be worked around.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUnderground_Man@Underground_Man
I've been writing for a while mostly in the context of RPs. I've only recently felt good enough about my work to start posting it here, but I still have a lot to learn and am always very curious to hear people's thoughts on my work. My interest in writing is predominantly to ...