Funny How Love Is

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I never cheated."

"I know that now, my love. When it happened, she had me convinced you were getting yours from someone else."

She looked at me with a fierce determination and said, "I swear to you, when you walked in, you stopped the only time. That guy worked on me for weeks. He was one of Carrie's hook-ups and she pushed us together. God! What a fucking idiot I was to fall for that shit."

Nothing she was telling me was new. It was all in her emails.

"Jimmy, I will never love anyone again. I won't let myself. I don't date anyone, hell, I don't even talk to men. I will wait for you to forgive me and ask me to come home. It's why I still wear your rings and carry your name. I'm yours alone."

"Except the time you brought an asshole into my bedroom."

"Yeah. I'm some kind of slut, huh? I lost everything that mattered to me and never got more than my tits touched."

I cringed at her calling herself a slut. I don't know why. I guess I kinda did. I knew I was still in love with her but I wasn't sure I could give her what she wanted. It never occurred to me to take her back before, and now I would be stuck with her for at least two weeks, and knowing her, for the whole six weeks I'd be in a cast.

"I never called you a slut."

"You never called me anything, Jimmy. You never told me to fuck off, you never told me you hated me, you just did the worst thing you could've done—you ignored me."

She stood and ran out of the room.

What a world in which we live. She cheats on me and is the one who's pissed off.

She came back two days later when I was being released. I was surprised but it should've been expected.

"Ready to go?" She asked as if she hadn't run from my room and ignored me for two days.

I looked at her and she seemed to be in a good mood, one could even say she was excited. She should be. She getting what she wanted for two years—back in my life.

****

When we got to her car, there were a few people from the press taking pictures of the "hero" cop being released. I wished everyone would stop calling me a hero. I just did my job.

That's the price of taking severe actions as I had. Everyone wanted my life story.

The news outlets got way more information from my friends and family than I would've liked. They told them that I charged in to save my ex-wife and that became the narrative.

When we got home, I had an envelope taped to my front door. Rena grabbed it and put it on my lap. She couldn't wheel me up the stairs, but thankfully a couple of my friends from the force expected her to need help and stopped by.

They carried me in the chair up my front steps and wheeled me into the house. Before they left, they lifted me onto a bed that somehow was set up in my living room. I could've managed to get into bed, I think they just wanted to help in any way they could.

I opened the envelope and it was a letter from Fox News. They made a big deal of calling me a hero and saying that they wanted me to appear on a couple of their shows. I crumpled up the letter and tossed it aside.

"Bad news?" Rena asked walking with a bottle of water and a sandwich for me.

"Press wants me to do interviews. I'm not gonna do 'em."

She walked over to the couch and grabbed a bag. "This is your mail, Jimmy. I can help you pay the bills if you want or read the letters to you."

I laughed and said, "The only thing busted on me is my leg, Rena. I can open the mail and pay bills just fine."

She nodded and walked out of the room. I spent the day catching up on my mail and making sure everything that needed attention was handled.

It was almost dinnertime when I finally remembered to check my messages. There were so many, the mailbox was full. It got to the point where I was exhausted and Rena volunteered to listen to them and make note of any I should hear. I was tired enough to let her. That would bite me in the ass later.

****

The fervor died down after a week and I was starting to be a little more mobile. I wasn't cleared to do anything yet and had to be helped to bathe and use the bathroom, but I wasn't in as much pain.

Rena was a trooper and was helping me more than I thought I needed. I joked with her that she wanted to get back into my pants, but wiping my butt wasn't what she meant.

Surprisingly, she left me alone most of the time and didn't sit with me when she wasn't working. She took over my bedroom and used it as her base of operations. We hardly spoke about anything that wasn't related to my needs.

That is until the two weeks were up and the cast was on. I could walk around with crutches but couldn't bend my leg. I had much more stability and didn't need her help to poop or shower anymore so I assumed she would be leaving. I expected her to still check on me and if I'm honest with myself, I was feeling a bit of sadness that I wouldn't have her around.

When we got back from the doctor, she said, "Jimmy, can we talk?"

I nodded as I sat on my recliner, propping my leg up.

"I don't want to leave."

I should've expected that.

"Rena, you know..."

"I don't give a shit about anything other than you. I've seen how you look at me. I see the love in your eyes when I walk into the room. I see you checking out my cleavage when I lean over. I see the hard-ons you get when I wear my work dresses. You still love me."

"Rena..."

"Don't deny it. Don't you dare. I'm not blind, Jimmy. God! Jimmy, I love you so much. I know I got stupid and listened to the wrong people and made the biggest mistake of my life, but I love you so much. Please let me stay?"

She started sobbing and ran from the room. So much for us talking. I fell asleep and took a nap. What else could I do?

****

I woke to a loud thud. I looked up and she was standing before me, tears streaming and a suitcase at her feet.

"Are we gonna talk now?" I asked with a smirk.

"I'm leaving, Jimmy," She sniffed. "Being with you is all I've wanted for two years, but it breaks my heart. It hurts too much having you so close but still without you."

I smiled and she got angry. "If you leave who's gonna make dinner?"

She sniffed, "Does that mean you want me to stay?"

"Well, I am kinda hungry."

She knelt and laid her head on my good leg.

"Jimmy, will you give me another chance? I'll do anything you want. I'll be your slave, I'll give you blowjobs every morning, I'll..."

"Can we start with the blowjob, then dinner?

She didn't even speak but before I knew it my shorts were down and her warm, wet mouth enveloped my hardening soldier.

She licked my glans as I hardened in her mouth. When I was at full salute, she took me as far as she could. She could never deep throat me, but she always went as deep as she could.

I moaned and she looked into my eyes. I saw all of the love I used to see and missed desperately behind her baby blues as she bobbed.

I was close and warned her, "Rena, I'm..."

She pulled off, said, "Nuh, Uh. Not yet," and moved to suck my balls."

"You used to trim down here," she said transitioning back to my shaft.

"I used to have someone to trim for," I whispered.

She paused, then went back to work but seemed to double her already top-notch effort.

"Fuck, baby," I sighed as she rolled my balls in her mouth. She stroked me and I said, "I'm gonna cum, love." She sucked my head into her mouth and stroked me quickly. In a moment I blasted rope after rope into her mouth.

She continued to suck as I finished until I was too sensitive for her to continue. She rested her head onto my softening shaft and kissed it tenderly.

"I love you," she whispered.

"Me or my penis?" I asked, earning me a slap on the thigh.

****

After that, we grew into a routine. It was almost as it was when we were married, before the event. She did wake me with a blowjob every morning but after three more weeks, we hadn't made love. I could tell it bothered her, but she didn't mention it or try to initiate it.

We didn't talk about the divorce or what caused it and I also never said I loved her, although she said it all the time.

One afternoon I was sitting on my recliner when she walked into the room naked. I watched silently as she turned off the ball game and slid my shorts down.

My cock sprung to attention and she straddled my hips and slid onto it. She gasped as it intruded her pussy for the first time in almost three years. It was like putting on a comfortable pair of jeans—a perfect fit.

She rode me, bouncing on my chair making every spring and joint creak. I was sure it would break from the stresses she caused.

"Ugh!" She moaned as my lap soaked with her pooling juices. The sloshing sounds seemed to egg her on as she rode harder and faster until she had a massive orgasm and flung herself forward screaming in bliss.

The poor chair rocked back but thankfully didn't fall and held up like a trooper. As she sobbed on my shoulder, she was still quiet.

"That was intense," I said still hard and still sheathed inside her.

She sat up and felt my length press deeply into her. "Fuck," she sighed, feeling me throb desperate for my own relief.

She smiled and rocked, careful to avoid my casted leg. "Jimmy, oh Jimmy!" She sobbed, tears falling as she rode me harder. It was only a moment later when I erupted into her.

"I can't believe I have you inside me again. It's been so long, too long."

I kissed her and she French kissed me deeply.

"Would you like to stay permanently?" I asked knowing what the answer would be.

"Only if you can truly see us together forever."

"I think so," I said. "I know I've never stopped loving you and I can see how much you still love me."

"I'm so sorry I hurt you."

"Let's just move forward and not look back okay."

"Okay," she said. "I have to confess something though."

"What's that?" I asked hoping it wasn't too bad.

"I sold our story to Lifetime TV. They are going to make us into a movie."

I shook my head.

"It seems they loved the cop putting his life on the line to save the damsel ex-wife."

"How much are we getting?" I asked, not feeling as angry as I thought I should.

"Quarter of a million."

"That's it? Oh well."

"You're not mad? I figured you'd be pissed."

"Not really. I guess if I knew we were doing this I would've done the Fox interview with Sandra Smith."

She gasped. "You turned her down?"

"Yep."

"That was stupid."

I laughed and eloquently said, "Yep."

I know some might think I'm stupid for taking her back, but I love her and I do believe she didn't have sex with him. I see it in her eyes every day. Will we live happily ever after? Who's to say? All I know is we're happy now and with our little girl almost here, life is good.

I wonder if she'll let me name her Sandra?

12