Gabatrix: Legacy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ugh....," Gavrill replied as he was staggering in his breathing. He had his hand to his stomach as he was wincing in pain.

"Are....are you alright?" Isandro asked.

"Yeah....ol Gavrill not flinch. He hit like a truck but still doesn't stop me." He made a slight contented smile on his face.

"I've never seen a drill instructor strike a fellow recruit," Enlai mentioned.

"Should we file a word of protest?" Isandro remarked. "This surely....." he paused as he seemed to think about it.

"I would," Dariea added.

"Heh, I like him," Gavrill said with a groan. "Not a pussy to Gavrill." He slapped his fists together. "Sometimes, the only way to win is to throw a fist first! I'm in all the way!"

"Can't we call out for being kidnapped? Dragged to a fucking ship just to have this all done to us!?"

"Are we sure that he's a drill instructor?" Enlai asked.

"He certainly wore everything for one, including the fucking blue and red stripe. Why didn't you guys call out to attention on deck?"

"Hey!" Enlai held his hands up. "I didn't see you try anything."

"You froze in fear....like a bunch of pussies!" Gavrill nodded.

"Knowing you," Dariea said as her hair fell down between her shoulders. "You were too fucking stupid to know the difference. Keep talking about yourself in the third person so much that you separate yourself from reality."

"Separate? Reality? I don't know. I just know that ol Gavrill will enjoy seeing you bald soon. Your head will be so smooth. I'll get to sled on it like I did on Palora."

"Argh!" Dariea slammed her hand against the wall again in frustration. Finally, she took her hand and carefully tied her hair. Gavrill only seemed to laugh some more.

"Hey," Enlai tried to get their attention. "We have this one night to think things through. Everything that Stone said has to be true. We're.....we're wash-outs."

"Hmmm," Gavrill began to scratch the back of his head. "Wash-outs? Yeah, that is true. UHN is stupid. I can fight! I can fight!" he pounded his fist to his chest. "I came to fight and serve! They can't tell me that I go home."

"Dariea," Enlai looked at her intently.

"What?" she asked in frustration.

"I think that the Master Sergeant is right. Our history is too much for the UHN to keep us. Apparently, we're being given another chance. Do we really want to go back home?"

"I.....I don't know." Dariea seemed hesitant. Enlai turned to look at Isandro. He was looking down. A tear seemed to run down his face.

"Cry....like a baby," Gavrill shamed him.

"Hey man," Enlai stepped up to him. "He's just scared, alright."

"I'm trying!" Isandro tried to fight back in his argument. "It hasn't been easy for me! You might handle it too easy, but me.....just leave me alone!"

Gavrill's lip seemed to curl on top of the other. He wasn't angry at him, but he gave the nod to him. He said nothing else and walked to his alcove bunk. Enlai walked and put his hand on Isandro's shoulder.

"Hey....if you don't want to do this, then bow out gracefully," Enlai told him.

"Yeah," Dariea remarked. "Maybe file a lawsuit on him or the UHN for this."

"We knew what we were getting into when we signed up. I don't know....I think that I'll stay. Besides....three months? Hey, wait a minute. Was it two months, he said?"

Dariea's brow lifted. "Wait....wasn't he supposed to say three months?"

"No.....he said two months," Isandro confirmed. Gavrill nodded in agreement.

"That cuts a month out of our drilling." Enlai realized. "1/3 of our time reduced, and we can become marines."

Dariea seemed to think about it for a little bit. "Yeah....you're right. Less time having to go through boot camp." Her anger seems to quell down more and more. Her hands tried to continue weaving and failed to tie her hair. "I don't know."

"Isandro," Enlai spoke to him. "I don't know about you, but....we might have a chance. Instead of having three drill instructors on us, it's just one. Two, if we're counting that Itrean woman. That might work better for all of us."

"Perhaps," Isandro continued thinking about his future. "I.....just.....feel like I know something about that name."

"Name?" Gavrill asked.

"Yes...." Isandro wiped his face. "I'm not crying....I just....felt this overwhelming fear. The name just brings.....fear...." he looked at Gavrill. "Please stop calling me a pussy for it too. You're scared too."

"Yeah," Enlai nodded.

"Scared?" Gavrill scoffed. "Heh. No, I just learned to fight back the next time he tries to fight me. He won't get the surprise on ol Gavrill again."

"It's the name," Isandro shook his head. "Master Sergeant.....Stone. It.....it can't be him."

"What?" Dariea asked. She froze and practically tossed her hair tie down onto the deck.

"I just....hear stories that recruits told me. Rumors spoken by other drill instructors. About a person that was head of the drill instructors. He was called Stone. I think another even called him 'Avalanche' Stone."

"Avalanche?" Enlai put his fingers to his chin. "Now that you bring that up. I remember hearing a drill instructor mentioning about 'wishing to have Avalanche there.' I didn't understand what he meant by it."

"Ah....I never heard of it," Gavrill said with a wave of his hand.

"It can't be him," Isandro reaffirmed. "Like....I heard the rumors. He was the head drill instructor of the UHN marine boot camp. They said something about him being reassigned and moving out. But....they kept saying that he was ruthless....the meanest of them all."

"Yet, they had him serving?" Dariea questioned him.

"Yeah, but he was also the head. He had to be the best, right?" Enlai asked.

"Yeah, best at kicking our asses."

Enlai shook his head. "I don't know." He sighed. "It doesn't matter. Look, I want to finish up boot camp. I have my reasons for joining, and I'm not going to be told no."

"Mmm..." Gavrill nodded. "Strong. You need to be strong to win."

Dariea sighed again. "Less drill instructors. I won't have any female drill instructors in my faces anymore. You.....might be right, but if he's pulling out the razor, I'm out. I'm so fucking out. Fine.....I'll stay."

It was just down to Isandro, that seemed to think about it. He was on the fence and not sure if he was going to stay or not. Gavrill was looking at him, and he nodded again.

"Ol Gavrill could be wrong," he told him. "I'm not always right. You like men? I like strong men and women." He pounded his chest. "Be strong.....like Gavrill."

It was the only ounce of comfort that the muscleman made to Isandro. Enlai released his hand away from Isandro's shoulder. All the others looked at him for a brief moment as if they truly cared. Dariea's source of hidden confidence was the final tipping point in his decision-making.

"Alright....two months," Isandro remarked. "I guess.....I guess it's better. I have to fight too."

It was all said and done. The four were momentarily shaken, but they all seemed to agree that it was best to continue training. They still had time to think about it, however. It wasn't like they were going anywhere anytime soon.

Enlai decided that tonight was the free time that wouldn't go to waste. He walked up to the computer and began to type up and search for instructions. A few taps of the button were enough to pull up a myriad of several recorded documents. He could observe that the computer was designed to withhold any information that was irrelevant or dealing with outside news. This was going to be time-consuming, but if it were true, Stone was above serious. It wasn't going to be easy, but it would be doable. He could only hope that he was going to get a good night's sleep because it would be the last one in a long time......

Chapter 2: Newcomers

An officer came walking down the ringed passageway of the Lifen. By now, twelve hours had passed. The lightly bearded and somewhat pale complexion of an individual seemed rather preoccupied. He was dressed in the familiar red and blue jumpsuit that everyone wore, with only the rank insignia being different. His black boots would occasionally slap the side of the deck with a light thump. In his hand was a tablet that listed all the day's events. His focus would sometimes look at the screen while he kept walking forward. The name Javier was on his uniform nametag.

"Sir," a fellow crewmember addressed him as a sign of hello. Javier gave the nod to the passerby. He barely gave a glance at the female crewmember. His sights were set on his tablet.

"Ugh....," Javier said to himself as he shut off his tablet and put it into his pocket. "Another day...," the look of exhaustion seemed to persist. A part of him was looking forward to reaching his room. Even if he was tired, the feeling of being with 'her' again was important. It was the one thing that was keeping his morale in high spirits. If anything, his confidence was better than ever before.

As he continued his walk, he could see the familiar sight of another that was walking down the passageway from the other side. It was Stone. The master sergeant was walking in the same attire as before. The look of dominance and absolute authority was all over his face. It was like the man never smiled. Even his stride showed that of a moving statue. His fists balled as he walked. The intensity was enough to ensure that everyone would step aside or face the fact that he would careen through them. By now, he had to offer his respect to the enlisted man even if Javier was the XO of the ship.

"Master Sergeant," Javier addressed him as he methodically stepped aside and walked past him. Stone said nothing as he kept walking forward. He didn't even glance at Javier in the slightest. Stone was in his own little world where nothing else mattered.

Javier was already aware of the man's personality. His head and peripheral could see him approaching the door. It was the same door that led to the room where the new recruits had been delivered. The officer slowed his walk just enough to see Stone tap his finger on the door panel. In less than a second, the door opened up, and he walked inside. The sound of "Attention on deck!" was called out by one of the new recruits.

Seeing that Stone was now inside the recruit room, the officer was now clear to silently approach near the closed door. He wanted to wholeheartedly not disturb the master sergeant in his drilling. Curiosity was on Javier's mind. He decided to be discreet. He didn't have to do much on his part. The voice of Stone was so loud that it bled through the closed door. It was clear enough for Javier to overhear it. He now stood by the door as he listened.

"What the hell is this!" Stone yelled. "You call this a made-up bunk!? It looks like shit! My deranged grandmother could do a better job than you! What do I expect!?" WHAT DO I FUCKING EXPECT FROM THE COMEDIAN OF THE DIVISION!? And this!" There was a pause in his talking as if he was walking around the room. "You call this being in uniform!? I've seen scarecrows dressed better than you! I bet you even slept in your bunk with your uniform on, didn't you!? Like the fucking dirtbag you are, Enlai. I should call you recruit crinkle! CHRIS FUCKING CRINKLE! All of you, drop! DROP RIGHT NOW! We're starting this morning with fifty pushups, and after that, I'm going to show you how to make a goddamn bunk! Right now! Right, the fuck now!"

There was a pause as Javier's eyes lightly widened. Even with the soundproofing of the door, it was never enough. He could only imagine what was going on in there.

"Louder!" Stone yelled.

"One!" all four of the recruits called out. "Two!"

"One!" Stone corrected them. There was another pause. "ONE! What is it supposed to be!? It's 'One, Master Sergeant! Two, Master Sergeant!' Did they not teach you anything in the first week of boot camp? Or did all of you have a brain aneurism in your shuttle ride to this ship!?"

"One, Master Sergeant!" they all called out in unison. "Two, Master Sergeant! Three, Master Sergeant!"

Javier had heard enough that he pulled away from the door. He had a big sigh of relief. His time through officer's boot camp was more than enough for him. His curiosity was satiated.

"Phew....," a female voice said behind Javier's shoulder. "Sounds like Stone is having fun with our newbies in there."

The officer wasn't startled, but he turned to look upon another marine. The Oshunian woman had apparently snuck up to listen in as well. Standing beside her was an Aksren Itrean. The smaller statured anthro oviraptor was benevolent and fellow mate to the human marine woman. Of course, Javier already knew of the pair and the fact that they were inseparable.

"Sergeant Zalika, good morning," Javier addressed her. "Bekra."

"Good morning, sir," Bekra politely nodded her head to him. She looked up at Zalika, who got close to the door and listened further to the commotion going inside the recruit training room. Zalika said nothing as if she was afraid to cause any sound to travel past the closed door.

"Oh.... he's really giving it to them," Zalika quietly said. Her Oshunian accent was well placed. "I bet he's the wake-and-bake sort of drill sergeant. Oh....man....fuck I wouldn't want to be in there."

"Was your experience like this too?" Javier asked her.

"Pretty much, sir," she replied to him. "Had a female drill instructor that wouldn't stop at all. Phew.....damn..." she practically backed up, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Come...," Bekra said. She took her four-digit hand and wrapped them around Zalika's arm. The scaly fingers neatly gripped Zalika as she was almost pulled away from the door. The couple walked off as Javier smiled at the two.

Javier decided to move along as well. There was no further need to be there, and he proceeded to leave. He continued in his walk in the passageway for half a minute. Then, a part of his mind began to clear away all the details and nuances that the working day brought forth. Instead, he focused on the one thought again that made him who he was.

He reached the door to his quarters. They were the most unique of the many doors present. The red and blue emblem of the UHN seal was painted on it. It was technically supposed to be an officer's stateroom, but it was his room. On the nametag of the door, it stated the words "CO Shira and XO Javier's Stateroom" in both English and Chinese lettering. The very idea of a married coed officer's room on a military warship was unthinkable, but these were unique circumstances. The Itreans offered a plethora of loopholes and non-established rules on how the UHN conducted their personal business. Nevertheless, a married couple of different species could serve as the leaders of the same ship. He could be with his lover with no threat of the UHN to tell him otherwise. Javier knew that he was a lucky man indeed. However, the road to reach such a position was not an easy feat and far from over.

He tapped the panel buttons a few times and watched the doors slide open. Upon stepping inside, he could already see the lavishness of the CO's room. Even for a transport ship, it was pretty large. However, much of the interior was too dark to see. He was already used to the captain's quirk of languishing in areas where the illumination could be poor. Any flooding light from the passageway revealed the edge of the table on the other side of the room before the doors completely closed behind him.

Of course, Javier already knew well enough what the CO was doing. She was sitting on her chair and looking at the display image that was on her table. The projected 3d image glowed blue and revealed a little bit of the surrounding area. The brief outlines of a glowing red burning cigarette could be seen. The smell of cigarette smoke filled the air, even distorting the image a few times while the vapor blew through it.

"Ugh...Just finished up watch," Javier addressed her.

Shira's only response was to take another drag of her cigarette. It was still too dark to see her complete appearance. But, what could be seen, was a single yellow working shark eye. On the right side was her purple flowing hair that completely covered the other eye and face. The exposed smooth gray skin and pointed snout were on the left side. Her pointed fin-like ears jutted out from her scalp and sides. Javier knew that her attention was focused on one single thing at the moment.

Before he even asked, Javier looked at what Shira was gazing upon. The projected image was that of a small star that was glowing red. However, this was no ordinary star. A large object was neatly planted over it, almost as that of a Dyson's Ring. It consisted of a single structure. It was a slab of metal that was bent into two interconnecting rings. These rings had a large series of hatches, constructed buildings, and a massive trench that drove through the entire long track of the superstructure. This metal seemed more than capable of handling the enormous heat of the low-mass star. It almost appeared to be sitting on the star, floating, while the light rays pressed onto its rear sides without a care in the universe. On the northern pole trench was that of an enormous optical lens piece. This massive shell-like structure almost appeared to give the gigantic station an eye of some sort. Altogether, Javier knew of the vast station and its purpose.

"A star fortress...," Javier remarked.

"Yes," Shira said in her deep voice. Her tone was calm and collected, without any hint of emotion in it. "What star fortress is it?"

Javier looked at the object again as his mind tried to answer it. Finally, however, he was forced to guess. He only had a one out of four chance of getting it correct.

"Starfortress Trin'sica," he answered.

"Incorrect," she replied with utter clarity and lack of an accent. Her hand lifted and pointed at the structure. "Look closely at the construction hatches on the Eastern and Western quadrants on the superstructure ring. These are construction drydock hatches. You will notice that they are far larger than the other hatch doors of the other star fortresses. Try again, Javier."

She lowered her finger and provided another hint. Her finger began to tap the console a few times. Finally, the room started to offer that of a low hum. It would echo in and out like a heartbeat. Javier was already well aware of what the sound was. It was that of the cosmic radiation that was sputtering from the star. The radiation was then converted into a sound that could be heard by human and Itrean hearing since sound didn't travel in the vacuum of space. However, the uniqueness of the melody was further amplified by alterations in the superstructure. The enormity of the star fortress would alter the hum and rhythm. It made it almost sound like a low dial ring tone. It would echo in and out, further accompanying the hum. It was quite beautiful and sat in the human senses with a certain elegance. Javier could see that Shira was enjoying the converted music of this particular facility.

"Starfortress Ome'tci," he tried again. This time, Javier was surer of what Shira was getting at.

"Correct," Shira explained. "Formerly known as Starfortress Xil, of the Alara'jal clan. When it was being finished in construction, the drydock construction facilities were enlarged to accommodate the larger warships built and used by the Alara'jal. Do not forget this."

Javier shook his head. "It never ceases to amaze me of the sheer magnitude of these fortresses."

"Truly, a marvel of Itrean engineering at its finest," Shira had a slight grin on her face that quickly faded. "Perfect. Indefatigable. Beautiful." She took another drag of her cigarette. "Jalgren the Great knew what he was doing when he wanted to build such stations of great power. It cemented Itrean capability in securing its position in the galaxy."