All Comments on 'Gabriella Ch. 04'

by soular

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved the ending of this chapter

Yes, call me crazy, lol, but I love the taboo. The danger of their relationship is exciting and oh so sexy! He loves his wife...but maybe in love with Gabby??? Is that how that works?

Anyway this is such a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
first one to comment woop :D :D

omg you are terrific who would have thought her going to stevens would have ticked of simon so much he would go back to her......even after he tried to sort the problems with pat he carnt stay away from ella shes his soulmate :D even though i aht affiairs but this story is amazing and hits the spot i love it. please please canw e hav sooner update it amazing to read your stories when their sooo amamzing like your first story we used to see a update nearly every week or less :) merry christmas best present ever

grunabonagrunabonaover 14 years ago
Five stars

You're working your magic, soular. (smile)

TangledinYouTangledinYouover 14 years ago
Amazing job as always

Can't wait for the next one. I know it will be well worth the wait and just as satisfying. Keep doing your thing, and have a wonderful Christmas, bookend! :)

cpm09cpm09over 14 years ago
you are killing me!!

I love this story! (ok, I love all your stories). I am trying to picture how it will end..no clue!I think you are an incredible writer, and I look forward to read the next chapter.. :-)

angelemma197angelemma197over 14 years ago
nooooooooo

nooooooooooooooooooooo why u stopped.o my gosh i cant wait for the next chapter plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz put it out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I Am A Perfectly Sane Woman...

and I am ashamed to admit that I am on Team Simon. I hope he and Ella end up together. Yes, Ella has serious emotional and psychological issues (… “If she closed her eyes, maybe he [Steven] could be Simon for one night.” PSYCHO!); her right, wrong reasoning is impaired. She is a wreck! Ella had no business going to Steven's, for anything! But as fucked up as Ella is, she knows what she wants; and that is Simon. Pat, on the other hand, is sad and sorry! She is aloof about EVERYTHING and walks around as if dazed and uncertain about herself, her man and her child. I hate her! It wouldn’t surprise me if she discovers that she is, and always has been a lesbian; it really wouldn’t!

Poor Simon! Guess he’ll be fine as long as he doesn’t procreate with either of these chicks! CRAZY is definitely a composite in this family’s DNA.

hotcocoa6904hotcocoa6904over 14 years ago
Ummm.....wow!

I loved it as always. I have really tried to like Simon and Ella....I really have. I know he is probably better with her than he is with Patricia but I just can't jump on the happy ending train for them. They don't deserve it. What they are doing to Patricia is horrible. If they love each other, be with each other. Cuz stringing that poor, pathetic woman along is just inexcusable. Pat may be oblivious, emotional unstable, and a bad mother but she doesn't deserve this. So i just can't excuse them. I hope they both end up alone. Excellent chapter once again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amazingly twisted

All of the main characters are so emotionally crippled it's no wonder they found each other. Simon and his demons keep him from not being honest with himself about what he needs and want that he's screwing up not just his life, but the lives of his women. He puts Patricia on a pedestal while obsessing over Gabriella. He thinks he can live his life faking it in the hopes of being worthy of Patricia when his true self lies in his attraction to Gabriella, or someone like her. Someone who keeps him honest. Gabriella is so lost in her own need for Simon's approval and love that she's bypassing her own worth, foolishly blowing up any shot she has of a healthy and productive existence, in addition to her mother's marriage. Patricia's selfish devotion to her need for a picture perfect everything is fostered by her willingness to bury her head in the sand in the hopes that her dysfunctional upbringing will not repeat itself, all the while she's ignored her daughter and her behavior as well as signs of Simon cheating until she couldn't anymore. Her lack of initiative and courage to face the elephant in the room is quickly becoming her and her family's downfall. Confidentially, I think Gabriella and Simon are the hottest thing going. Their need and desire for each other is undeniable, downright explosive, and whether it's healthy or not they either need to get together for one last go, or just say fuck it and run off together. So sorry Patricia's character, but I'm just not feeling heat between her and Simon! Excellent job, CC!

dirtdigger1955dirtdigger1955over 14 years ago
Simon, you dumbass....

jealous of your best friend and step daughter, the step daughter you been humpin', and now the well has gone dry. This next chapter could be bloodier than the last, even stupid men like me KNOW FOR A FACT, the female is the deadliest of our species, with a built in excuse, PMS. Run, Simon, run. Or pray for divine intervention? Nah, beam up Scotty won't work either. Time to pay the piper!

evanslilyevanslilyover 14 years ago
Arrggh!

<br>And they say <i>I</i> like cliff-hangers...</br>

<br>You tease!</br> More please - and soon. I'll admit I can't quite decide about Ella and Simon either - but that doesn't mean I'm not desperate to find out!</br>

<br>Hope you're having a good Christmas, you brilliant writer, you. :) </br>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amazing

Great......as always

enrapturedinlustenrapturedinlustover 14 years ago
wow

im not going to lie , this story does make me feel slightly uncormfortable ,like i have a stomach ache after eating way to much on xmas..oh wait it may in fact be aching for that reason lol. but this story is so addictive . these characters are deeply flawed in so many ways and i feel for them ,i must say though im on team ella , was not surprised by the visit to steven...its so her but i was so relieeeeevvved to see she didnt go there with steven coz that would have caused a helluva disaster .i want ella/simon to be happy and monogamous but how can that happen with the mother in the way . she sooo needs to be killed of in sum freak accident .i am such a big fan of ur work please keep the updates coming

peethreepeethreeover 14 years ago
Great!!!!

That was great as always!!!! I feel for all of these people and their crazy issues. Pat probably holds her feelings back too much and Ella can let everything go with Simon. I don't know how I want this to end. I do wish Ella could find someone else to love her that she could love back without all the complications. What a triangle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Mind Blowing

Awesome stuff Soular..can't wait for chapter 5. Girl, how the hell are you gonna end this story..This is brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You need to stop...

leaving us hanging like that. This is the best story. I seriously hope Ella and Simon end up together. I know he loves Patricia, but something about Simon and Ella is so exciting and spontaneous. Also, I loved the reference to Toni Morrison. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great work

It seems as though Ella is continouisly looking for conformation that she doing ok. On the outside she looks like a really confident and independent woman. But on the inside she feels very insecure. I think that's the reason she behaves this way and idolizes Simon the way she does. Because he is the first one to seriously take an interest in her. I can understand that feeling. Though I don't think they are meant to be to together. Ella needs to realizes she is someone worthwhile. So does Patricia by the way. Anyway, this is a splendid work of emotions. I love reading it and can't wait till the next part is out.

ChoclatKizzChoclatKizzover 14 years ago
Watch As The Layers Unravel.......

Another great chapter Soular!!! Simon's emotional breakdown allowed me to feel for him on a different level. The ending was classic cliffhanger and absolutely brilliant!!! We all know Patricia is bound to find out that Ella is the other woman, but it's the when and under what circumstances said secret will be revealed. So while I'm hoping for a confrontation of epic proportions in chapter 5, with Soular you never know :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
please!

I hope Simon and Pat end up together. Pat just holds her feelings too much! I hope you update very soon. And I want more drama and emotional stuff especially for Pat.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpeover 14 years ago
Dang girl!

Daytime or even nighttime soaps got nothing on you. I hate Simon, I hope he get's noone, and he ends up a bitter, dickless old man. Serves him right. I know from your previous story you've this thing for younger women older men relationships and your male love leads just seem to get older. There's an almost a 20 year gap between the two hot characters in this one and that so just screams mid-life crisis to me, like I've stated before. Well at least when he and Ella finally get together he shouldn't feel the need to leave her for anyone younger without coming off as a pedophile. Ella getting knocked up by Simon is probably in the works, then they'll definitely have to be together. It seems like that’s all she’s good for anyway, some man’s (Simon’s) sex toy with no thought of being little else in her life. Hey, if defining her self worth through men is her thing, than more power to her. Ahhh, the things done in the name of LOVE. Take the advice of a previous poster and kill off Pat. She was fucked over by her first man and now her second AND her daughter; if she's not going to grow a backbone and she just sits back and smiles painfully while the two lovebirds run off together, just put her out of her misery and have her die in some fiery car crash or something. It's not like anyone really cares about her, not her, ahem, daughter and certainly not her daughter's man, Simon.

blksxystangblksxystangover 14 years ago
Sad but Good

You are an excellent writter... the way you capture your character conflict and emotions. I cant believe the level of emotions I feel as reader. I know Simon and Ella are blood but still the thought of his deceit to Pat. Why hurt her in the process. And Ella... who twisted can she be to want to hurt her mother that way... I could never imagine wanting to sleep with anyone my mother had been with sexually... Ella has some scares and so does Pat... Ella doesnt realize that she only wants Simone because of the love he shows for her mother. And what is the worst.. Simone is such a low lifed bastard.. unable to control his desire... Soo unlike the other passionate men of your other stories. Even though Nic was married when he met Victoria there was no struggle between mother and dauhter. Even though this is a fictional story this is going to end ugly. You named this story Gabriella but you're making her the villian was that your intent?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Simon blaaah

It's offcial - I love this story but cant stand Simon! He says one thing then goes and do another. He loves Pat but he clearly isnt IN LOVE with her anymore! I hope when he and Ella end up together that Pat doesnt come around and greet them with a smile because maaan what they ARE DOING is WRONG! And I hope Pat isnt that weak of a person!!! No matter how happy she wants her own child to be!

I cant wait for ch 5 and will be counting the seconds XD

I think Myra or Steven will be the one that reveals the truth to Pat. Simon is a damn coward and Ella is too since she wants to hang onto Simon as long as possible, not because she doesnt want her mother to know *tsks*

Love Love Love this - thank you gor being brave and writing something real and different!

~BettyBoo

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
okay

I am trying to wrap my head around the comments of hoping that Simon and Gabriella end up together. You guys do realize that this cannot go that way. HOW? How could this even begin to be a healthy relationship? And to suggest the Mother be killed off or have a bad accident because she appears weak. I know some of you have been in love and when you got your heart broke the stupid light bulb started blinking and you did things that you wouldn't normally do. Love will make you do some crazy things especially in a situation like this. Now why would Pat begin to think that her husband is sleeping with her daughter? She knows that child has issues but to stoop that low...no she is not thinking that. She is thinking of someone else...I can't imagine who but she is thinking that. I have to give her some credit, she is taking it like a champ. Me, I don't think I could have been so calm.

I am not the author and I really cannot see where this is going or how it will end. In Chapter three I thought Pat was going to get her shit straight and tell Simon to get the hell out but the sista girl side of her is still dormant and has yet to surface. I have no idea what the hell is wrong with her and I still cannot stomach her own child fucking her husband...no I am not leaving Simon out...it takes two to fuck and he being the adult could have stopped this before it started, but I guess he figured I can have my cake and eat it too with these dumb ass women....little does he know all this shit will come back and bite him in the ass.

But hey I am just guessing. If Simon and Gabriella end up together they will lose everything...all for love and we know love is never enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wow

Ella doesn't love Simon. She doesn't love herself. It's all a big game to her. In reality, Simon won't have a job when this comes out. We need to determine the differences between love and lust. Simon had his exit pass with Pat. He didn't take it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Can't stop reading the story but...

...Simon just need to die and so does Ella after a real beat down. It just pissed me off that after finding out her mother knew about Simon cheating on her that she felt NO guilt or remorse for anything! On top of that, when Pat and simon were away, she was acting like she wanted to fuck Steven!!!!! Clearly her "love" for Simon is something that she can have for any man that pays her the slightest attention. I'm tired of her using the "My mommy neglected me..." excuse....that shit usually doesn't turn you into being a straight-up hoe! And Simon...... OH MY God he is the biggest ass hole duche bag combo on the face of the freaking planet. Its clear that Ella has issues, and its clear that she is a slut but that doesn't stop him from making both her sluttiness and issues worse by fucking her and dumping her every other week!He seriously had the nerve to try and say "I love my wife" and then go right around and punch Steven just for having her in his damned house. He seems to have this obsession with the way Pat looked when she was in college. Apparently Ella is just like Pat except with an added slutty-bitch factor, of course he would fall for her. He is just a weak and pittiful piece of shit.

Truthfully, all I blame Pat for is dealing with her husband the way she should have: nueturing his ass... or divorice, which ever would suffice. I seriously hope that the voices that Simon heard at the end would be Pat and Steven about to confront him for punching steven only to find simon all over her daughter!! Just PLEASE DO NOT try to make what Simon and Ella are doing alright by demonizing Pat in somse way! I love your stories but right now, if either Simon or Ella don't end up greatly punished or DEAD at the end of this story I will Scream!!!!!!!!!

I want pat to beat the shit out of both of them so that Ella can finally SEE how emotional her mother can be! I hope that Pat ends up with someone that is good for her and doesn't cheat on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WHOA!

People! THIS IS A STORY!! Don't get your panties in a bunch...geesh! Anyhoo....Somebody need to get caught and their ass whooped! I applaud Patricia for being a lady and keeping calm before going crazy but LAWD I think it is time for her to open up a hot can of whoop ass on her daughter and husband...she needs to get REALLY BLACK just one time!

GREAT WORK! I'll be looking out for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Such beautiful Sadness

I hope that P just gets away from them and never looks back. But please don’t let her kill neither herself nor them. Just let her find a quiet peace ... maybe with Steven (if he could change his ways. She needs a happy ending.

Let Simon and Ella do whatever... E is looking for ways to destroy her mom for sometime she couldn’t control because she was out working to make a better live for her, people go through worse. I was rape repeatedly but my uncle while my mother when to work. (All people can do is their best) And S is allowing it... his guilt should be more of a burden for him. S should lose his marriage and P but getting E pregnant and re-marry to E. Then E should have to learn the very hard way of what it is like to have them blatantly destroy everything that she has done for them. S should then have a horrible self-centered wife in E and become a sloppy drunk. THE END

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Story of my life

My comment will be a little deeper than the rest. As usual your stories soular are wonderfully written with a deep sense of passion and focus on a storyline, not just sex..

However this story flows deeper with me.. I truly identify with your character Gabriella,as i have had the same situations and feel the same pains. It is wonderful how you manage to capture the all the aspects her, the constant giving to others which is misconstrued as wanton abandon, and sexual openness of someone misunderstood. I am following this story as a journey of my own. Each lines of promise to another, while watching in the wings waiting for your own love to come..

I look forward to each install as a chapter in my own life

Prettypuff1

desertflower19desertflower19over 14 years ago
Amazing writing!

This is a really intense story causing some really intense reactions! Im definitely on team Pat and for some reason I kinda hope that she a steven end up together. I seriously hope that Simon and Ella get whats coming to them. They don't really deserve to be happy at this point. Again fantastic writing! Merry Christmas!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 14 years ago
Excellent as always

I still don't know who to sympathize with and who to vilify. That's the beauty of the story. It's amazing. Thank you for writing. I can't wait for chapter 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
more please!!!!!!!!!!

omg, i was soooooooo happy when simon went back to ella finally! they are just prefect for each other and so hot together. they have deeper connections and feelings for each other than they're willing to admit. for some reason, i'm just not feeling patricia. she's just too dull and lifeless. she should find someone else that'll treat her "nice", and it's definitely not simon!!!

lonelyangel22lonelyangel22over 14 years ago
Can Not STop Reading This TrainWreck...

Oh where to start with this story?… OMG what is wrong with Pat?!?! Where is her angry black woman? The one that will whoop some ass if someone fucked with her family or her or something? When will she unleash her other half on them? When she found those condoms she shouldn’t have held whatever emotions she was having in (hopefully anger), she should’ve whooped his ass and forced it out of him who it was he was fucking, name, age, address, and her SSN. And threaten to tell his school about the affair if he didn’t confess. She needs to save all that heartbreak shit for after she figures out how to divorce him and get everything. And let me just say I am so done with Simon and Ella. Frankly I could care less if they were fucking like rabbits on crack at this point! Simon is a whole bitch with that same weak ass line “I love my wife, she’s your mother, we need to stop” bullshit! I mean he may LOVE HER but he’s not IN LOVE with her anymore so why doesn’t he just use his getting caught to be with the hoe bag or supa-sava-ho he really wants to be with? The one that really GETS HIM! He’s TOO OLD for someone to still be needing to GET HIM!!! And Ella, I just really want SOMEONE!!! ANYONE TO BEAT HER ASS INTO THE GROUND!!! I don’t even know if she really “loves” him anymore! Like doesn’t Pat have any friends she can confide in and have her back in doing this?!?! SERIOUSLY!!! I just need that bit of happiness that Simon or Ella will end up punished somehow, many he’ll lose his job and his dick, and maybe she’ll catch AIDs or HERPES!!!! Or someone really needs to die. J But I really want Pat to get her revenge than find the perfect guy for her. I really don’t understand any of these characters; Pat doesn’t know how to REALLY express herself, Simon is WEAK, and Ella is a REALLY BIG WHORE who wants to blame all her problems on her mom when really she needs to blame her problems on the fact that her mom never beat her ass like she should’ve. None of these characters seem real to me like I would like them to be. I hope they get caught in the next chapter, and then we can see what happens when the shit hits the fan! And be close to the end of their BULLSHIT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Simon still says one thing, and does another

Simon admitted to the cheating. That was good. He said it wouldn't happen again. Good. He said he loved Patricia. Very good. He said he didn't love the 19-year old student...not so good because he hesitated first. What was he thinking!!! And now we see his reaction to learning that Ella stayed over Steven's place. He's jealous...and willing to fight over her. I don't see him fighting over Pat. And now he is back in Ella's room to stake a claim...to remind Ella that she is his. Subconsiously or consciously, Simon is lying to himself, Patricia and Ella. Patricia is not being honest with herself or with Simon. And Ella...she doesn't care about anyone else except what she wants.

I think Patricia and Simon had a good marriage. And good marriages should not be thrown away. But how does Patricia ever get over her husband trading her in for a newer model? I think the discovery of Simon and Ella will break something inside Patricia. I think it will break away the ice of her "frozen" state. And hopefully, she will stop hiding her anger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful

Soular, the extreme reaction from your readers is proof enough of your prowess as an author. While I have a dislike for Simon in what he's doing to his wife, I can understand his actions. Ella is being vilified by your readers and I can understand that but I also see that she wants to be loved and appreciated, believing she's not good enough for 'nice' guys. It's easy to take the moral high ground and be self righteous about the situation, but this story shows that life isn't black and white. My heart actually aches for Ella because I know what it feels like to crave that validation. Fantastic writing as always. Love all your work. Keep writing and I will keep reading. Am looking forward to the continuation of this. :) R.

honeybreehoneybreeover 14 years ago
This is better than ZANE’S BOOKS!!!

You’re a wonderful writer Soular; only great writers can make the readers feel an array of emotions in one setting! With that being said, in the words of the baddest bitch aka Trina and Kelly Roland from the song ‘Here We Go Again’…“tell the trifling bitch, she can have him!” AND I SO WISH PAT WILL TELL THAT TO ELLA AND SIMON! Sorry but I Hate both of these characters! I find both Ella and Simon to be the lowest of the low and despicable; personally I find NO redeeming qualities in either of them! Simon to me is the worst, he can sit there and say, “He loves his wife” but go back to bang daughter! Yeah, buddy that shows tons of love! Personally, if he gets hit by a train at the end of this story I would care less because he is worthless and selfish, this is the kind of man that dick should fall off! Even though I know the story is titled Gabriella, I feel no connection to Ella at all. She doesn’t even love Simon deep down! I think she loves sticking it to her mother more and love the thrill and forbidden aspect of sex with Simon (which I don’t even read anymore to be honest because it is sickening!) Simon and Ella are so wrong for each other and DON’T belong together, because once this dirty secret comes out nothing is really holding them together in a “true” relationship sense because how can you start off a relationship on the basis of someone else pain and suffering both mentally and physically. Once the dark, dangerous, thrilling, exciting sex wears off (and it always does in the end) Simon is going to hit a brick wall of the mess he made in his life and Ella is going to move on to something(someone) else that excites her because deep down she isn’t happy and mentally immature to handle a loving relationship! ELLA NEES HELP! She needs to grow up and get a clue, because Pat can’t be the sole blame in her choices she made as of now! Do I feel sorry for her, yes but I don't think she she get a free pass! Even though I love Pat, I just wish she will go Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale or Kimberly Elise in Dairy of a Mad Black Woman on her husband and daughter and let that other side she holds so tightly to herself just unleash! And stop being Perfect Patricia! HOPEFULLY IN THE NEXT CHAPTER THESE TWO WILL PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS, THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING BY FOR TO LONG WITHOUT SUFFERING THE CONSEQUENCES FOR THEIR ACTIONS! IT IS TIME THEY BOTH PAY UP IN FULL!

TangledinYouTangledinYouover 14 years ago
This is my take on it

The story isn't even over and people are already speculating on the end, on the HEA, on who should die, who should suffer in agony and fiery damnation for all of...what happened to the journey? What happened to actually paying attention to what the characters are thinking and feeling as opposed to projecting on them what you think they feel or think? Gabriella as far as I recall, has never, E.V.E.R., in the course of this story said that her motivation for being with Simon was to hurt her mother. Like...at all. Some of you may not be able to understand that, and that's your prerogative, but the truth is this girl has no real relationship with her mother. In order for her to systematically try and destroy her like some sort of mustache twirling villain she'd have to be invested in Patricia as more than just a peripheral character in her life. And unfortunately that's not all Pat's fault. It would be easy to hate her if it was and rationalize that, but Patricia isn't a bad woman. Ella has to have some accountability for her actions, and what people seem to be forgetting is that, she DOES. She doesn't blame her mother for her affair. She doesn't blame her mother for her promiscuous past, for doing laundry as an eleven year old (snort), or any of the other shit she's actually ashamed of. There are kids that don't have a connection to their parents. They don't get them and their parents are as equally disconnected. I dunno, maybe it's an evolutionary quirk, but we read enough articles, see enough news stories, and put up with enough variations of people to know that not all families aren't created equal.

And for crying out loud, what the hell is a "black woman" and what do you have to do to get kicked out of that club? I thought Patricia was black because she was born black, not because she fits the idea of what we consider "strong". I find it crazy that in a story featuring a broken taboo such as interracial love, we still feel the need to hold onto the stereotypical "black woman" archetype. If that was the character I could understand the expectation, but she's never been presented as that type of woman and it's not the fault of the character that a reader wants to identify with her so much that they shun her for acting in a consistent manor. Proof of that consistency has been given in the background info. And this story is being told through three different perspectives. The author hasn't presented a bad guy, a good guy, and the lead up to a conventional conclusion. Hate Ella if you want. Hate Simon if you want. But you can't dispute what's on the page. You can disbelieve that he loves his wife, but his internals suggest otherwise. When no one else is around, he is tormented by his indecision. He's not paying lip service to anyone, he's not lying. He is genuinely confused and hates himself for what he's done, but the point is that he still can't change how he feels. And Ella, whether anyone chooses to understand this or not, didn't spring a harlot fully formed from her mothers loins hell bent on destroying her. She's fiery and impulsive, and she's done a very bad thing. But tell me she's not suffering for it and I'll laugh. Anyone that has wanted something or someone they couldn't have knows that short of living in the same house with it, there's nothing worse than the belief that you're not worthy of the thing you want most in the world.

Ugh. I can get becoming caught up in the moment, but sometimes it just gets a little crazy. I hear comments where people wish AIDs on a nineteen year old fictional character and I feel a little fucking ill. Especially because evidence of her undeniable humanity is in the text and people are hellbent on ignoring it because that's easier than just saying, "you know what, that's a fucked up little situation right there! wonder what's gonna happen next!"

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenover 14 years ago
Wow

That's a fucked up situation there, I can't wait to see what's next!

ladylanaladylanaover 14 years ago
GOD you're good!

I don't know what to tell you.. this story is absolutely amazing... but i still definately want ella and simon to be together.. i just think they're so much more suited and I loe reading scene with them together. I'd love to read some tenderness and love scenes betweeen them...Agh but it's up to you..I cant wait to see what you do next!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
No likeable characters. And one victim.

Who is to like here?

But, the most unlikeable character is the "heroine" Gabriella.

She is almost 20 years old, FFS. Living at home, no part-time job, getting Cs at school, and a reputation as a slut..

What a sad life Gabriella has had! Her mother was too busy working to give her attention. Well, where would the food to feed her come from? And the money for her college education.

Notice here, almost 20 year old Ella still does not have a part-time job, and lives at home, while contributing nothing at all to it, in terms of helping with the housework or money. Neither is she studying hard and getting good grades.

Her mother is unemotional and ignores unpalatable things? What does Gabriella want? For her mother to slap her or kick her out of her house, when she's disrespectful to her?

If Ella's life with her mom is so hard, why doesn't she get a job and move out? Get herself an apartment, where she can invite her loser step-father/lover Simon?

In real life, a character like Ella would be called a sociopath. Yes, in spite of her great beauty and sexiness.

Here however, Soular has so many fans rooting for Ella's and Simon's great "love story".

darknesscallingdarknesscallingover 14 years ago
I'm hooked

I guess people are entitled to their opinions, but the person below clearly dosent know what theyre talking about..ignore them..you're on fire!!! Loving Simon and Ella..And Im desperate for some hot scenes with them. TO me they seem to be made for each other, and I just LOVE them both. Look and the length of the comments youre getting...proof your story is HOT =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ella is ridiculous

this story always evokes such strong emotion from me. Ella is the most selfish little bitch I have ever encountered. She is such a slut, who uses her past (experiences of which many have gone through) as an excuse to be a little hoe. I dont think she loves simon at all but she loves to hate her mother who does nothing but try to apease her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I'm so tired....

Of people hating on Ella. If anyone is irritating, it is Simon for never truly realizing his own culpability and taking potshots at Ella for his own weakness. She is NOT a "bitch." She is a confused girl who is looking for a daddy figure and some respect in all the wrong places. Your characters are not unlikeable. They are complex, multi-dimensional, and human. What you have given us is real life which is a testament to your writing ability. Anyone can write a damn fairy tale. LIFE IS GRITTY, FOLKS! Get the hell over it.

JessieJames31JessieJames31over 14 years ago
I guess

I see it like this.I don't hate Ella or Simon.This is life and sometimes it's shitty.They are doing a shitty thing but underneath it all they are just human.I love the story and you are doing a wonderful job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Same chick different setting

Soular's main characters are all the same; passive, submissive, young jobless, uneducated losers that let older white men take advantage of them. For once I'd like to see a strong black woman in your stories... That does not mean she has to yell, cuss and work her neck! She can be strong and independent without being offputting. There is still time for both Pat and Ella to learn how to love themselves and salvage their relationship... But I doubt that will happen, just not your style I guess.

grunabonagrunabonaover 14 years ago
To the last poster:

I don't know how you could possibly think that Gabriella is like Sienna or Victoria, except for being a young black female. All of the characters in this story are different from those in Damn Dress and Seven Days.

Soular, like I said earlier, you're working your magic, and if some don't understand it, don't let it bother you. You're a brilliant writer, and an amazing human being.

soularsoularover 14 years agoAuthor
Re: My characters being the same...

I normally don't post any comments about my stories. If you like them, great! If you don't, then maybe you'll like something else I write. But I did want to respond to the person who said my lead females are the same. I can't remember exactly what you said, but passive, jobless and uneducated I believe were thrown in there. I'm not sure if you actually read my other stories or not, but I just wanted to point out a few quick facts. Sienna from DD was top of her class, accepted to Spelman College and even though she wasn't able to attend, she went to another great four year university. She didn't have to work b/c she was very well taken care of. She was a bit of a brat in the beginning, so not very passive at all. Victoria from SD...one of the main points in the story was that she worked very hard and had since she was a little girl...so she wasn't jobless. Actually, never had been...even when she became the girlfriend to a wealthy man, she wanted to continue to work. Passive, maybe...but she also thought the male lead was going to kill her and her family. And she was ONLY passive w/ Nic. Uneducated...again, that was another factor in the story that added to her character....she wanted to go to school, but well, there was that damn working so much. But she eventually did take online classes later in the story. Gabriella...passive?? I don't think many people would agree w/ you on that. Uneducated...not sure where that comes from since she's a sophmore in college. Unmotivated...maybe. Uneducated, no. Jobless...well, the story isn't over, so that might surprise you. Patricia...passive, maybe, it is a part of her character and how she was raised. Jobless and uneducated...well, just read the story more closely and obviously that's not true. And if you've noticed, none of them are really passive until it comes to the men in their lives, who are all Alpha males, who are my favorite type of male leads. Not trying to pick on you at all and appreciate you reading my stories, but just wanted to point out the flaws...or at least the other side of your argument. I do try not to take things personally, especially if it is an opinion...but I just felt what you had written wasn't entirely accurate. Perhaps its just my style of writing you don't like, and if so...I get it and no harm.

Thanks! Soular

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Speaking of losers!!

Victoria worked since she was a child in her family business, and then still got herself a job to support herself rather than rely on Nic. How is that jobless?? Sienna got through high school with a great GPA, and then successfully started college while pregnant. How is that uneducated??? And Ella is in college and an average student. Her focus is totally drawn away from school, yet she's still able to get by with C's because she's smart. You're full of shit. Don't like the story?! Don't fucking read it. And don't insult somebody or try bullying them so they'll write a great story. She already has. Three in fact in this story alone, because it's three different people. Anyway, there's still time for you to get your head out of your ass. But then, you'd actually have to read the stories and let them unfold before you judge, and that's just not your style I guess. :p Soular, it's obvious I love your stories, but that's because I read them and don't just skim to write a nasty comment! Keep up the great work and don't let losers get in your way!! Ahh, I can't wait for chapter 5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So much drama!!!

Soular you are telling a great story and don't let anyone stop your flow. After saying such can I ask a question, why are you answering that Anon's comments? Let us (who truly appreciate your talents) do that for you. It seems obvious that Anon has not read your stories with the depth that they deserve, probably skimming the pages only reading in detail the great sex scenes you conjure up.

Gabriella is indeed very different from your other main female characters. She is much more damaged and have greater inner struggles compared to your other two leading women. So what if the men are older. Aren't you reflecting what is out there in society. The minute you start writing about younger men with older women the comments will once again change.

I enjoy your stories immensely, and after reading the first chapter I was dismayed but intrigued enough to read the rest of the story. All three characters are caught in a very dysfunctional situation, and the fact that you are telling it from all three perspectives only adds to its complexity and gives an understanding that this is not your typical good guy, bad guy rehashed story.

Simon too is not your typical male character - I can't even characterise me as being very alpha. Something has to give soon and I, for one, wish it would be Simon walking away from this awful situation before something more disastrous happen to one of these women. I am dying to know what is Patricia's secret. Something tells me we may be about to discover she is not as innocent in this situation as we are led to be believe.

desertflower19desertflower19over 14 years ago
Chill people....

It's just a story. If you don't like it don't read it. If you love it read it and ignore what those that don't like it say about it. It's not that critical. Soular is a reat writer with her own style, so let her write in her own way. Truthfully, I don't see where Ella, Sienna, and Victoria are the same. Victoria was wholesome, and sienna was realtively innocent, but Ella is a completely different story. I don't particularly like Ella, but Im interested in the story and will try to give her a chance. I'm definitely likin Steven the most out of all the Characters and I like Simon the least. Simon just seems to be the weakest out of the bunch, but that's just my opinion. Keep going Soular! You're doing just fine. Most of the people picking at you haven't wrote a day in their lives. Ignore it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What I think ...,

Even tho this a fucked up situation. I like how this trainwreck

is jus emerging. Although Ella is looked at to b the bad one. I actualli like her character. I think she is very misunderstood and their is more to her we just don't know yet. As far as Simon goes he is jus a man with mixed emotions. I think deep down he truly loves Ella tho. He loves his wife but he is not in love with her. And as far as Patricia goes...I find her weak rightnow. But it's something about her I jus can't put my finger on. Something jus tells me she is not as innocent like how we think she is. Something happened in the past between her and Ella that caused them to be the way they are. I love this story. But I don't see a happy ending to this. Can't wait for chapter 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Team Patricia

Damn soular you got me and my BFF taking sides LMAO. I'm team Patrica and she is Team Ella.  But on a serious note Patricia is the misunderstood one. Yeah she wasn't the best mother but I am sick and tired of ppl calling her weak!!! She isn't weak she is simply one of those women who hold things in. I think she is just scared that if she curse out Simon (he needs to be shot) he will leave her. I hope that she will one day let it all out but

for now I think Ella and Simon are the ones that are doing wrong. I don't give a fuck that they have "passion". Simon is a horrible excuse for a man and Ella is nothing but a whore. I don't care if you and your mom don't got a relationship, there is just a level of respect that one should have just because she is your mother. Ella doesn't have that and for that reason I CURRENTLY have no respect for her. Yes I am aware this is a story but this is my opinion, love it or hate it i don't care :-p.

Ps. I love you Soular you really need to get a publisher.You are an amazing writer and you give me and my friends something to talk (mostly argue lmao) about. I would buy any book you write!!!

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 14 years ago
Wow

As others have commented this is a messed up scenario but so well written. Can't wait for the next chapter.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 14 years ago
Wow

As others have commented this is a messed up scenario but so well written. Can't wait for the next chapter.

spunkychickspunkychickover 14 years ago
AWESOMEE!!!!

Yo, this is sooo freaking awesome lol I had to make my mom read this because it's just soo good and i know she'll like it. But trust me, it wasn't easy; it's very awkward having your mother know what kind of things her daughter likes to read for fun lol

But she loves your stories...ALMOST as much as I do haha

BTW that loser that said your characters are all the same is tripping. She's obviously jealous of your talent or something, and is just hating on your stories. pff. you shouldn't even bother replying to her. *that little bitch*

But anyways, can't wait for chapter 5. I'm rooting for Gaby, Pati just needs some time for herself before having a husband. :)

Born2ReignBorn2Reignover 14 years ago
Okay...

This story and these characters are royally fucked up! yet...i cant stop myself from coming back to see where you take this! I enjoy ALL of your stories i've read them all more than once in fact because of your stories i've turned my sister on to reading them! Personally unlike everyone else I can't pick a "team" or a side because unfortunately at first i wanted simon and ella together but the more i read the more i empathized with patricia also...i understand what all of them are feeling and going thorough which is why i dont have a preferred outcome i'm just interested in where you plan on taking this...regardless i have a feeling this is going to be one of those "aint no happiness nowhere" kind of stories! lol. I truly enjoy your stories and I tried reading what ppl were commenting and it just gave me a headache so i'm sure its giving you one! opinions are just that....opinions! it doesnt matter but the fact that so many ppl have commented just proves one thing: even the ppl that hate it and dont want to be hooked...ARE! and they cant help but read it! Keep up the writing I look forward to your future posts and stories!!

RedShoeGirlRedShoeGirlover 14 years ago
it's good

Very good, I'm still not happy with the infidelity subject matter, I wish you were writing a story about something else, but it's not going to keep me from reading to the end. I am very much enjoying how this story is written from different / individual points of view, your past 2 stories posted here changed perspective mid-scene (jumping between the internal thoughts of the characters) letting us know why someone said or did something in the moment. While I had no problem keeping up with who's eyes I was watching through, I'm finding it intriguing in this story to not 'hear' the mental process on both sides of a situation. It works very well here for two reasons, first because the story is based on an affair which involves a web of secrets and lies, it suits the theme, and second there is a level of dysfunction in all of the characters which has resulted in none of them being any good at communication, so locking the reader out of the omniscient is very effective. I think it shows great talent to be able to change your writing style to suit the story you want to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Interesting read

Well written story, draws the readers in and illicits a strong response. I only gave this a 75 out of 100 because there's no characters to root for. Ella is sleeping with her mother's husband. Simon is sleeping with his wife's daughter and Patricia is ignoring what's right under her nose. I even suspect she knows he's with Ella and deliberately ignoring the signs. Notice how quickly she connected the age of the "girl" to Ella when she asked Simon how old. Maybe I'm making assumptions here, but I don't think the author intended this to be a romance so I'm not looking at the story from that angle. I think so many people may be upset over it because most of them want a HEA and with this story, they may not get a traditional one. Should Ella and Simon end up together? Or as my mom would say once a cheater always a cheater. In the back of Ella's mind she'll always wonder if Simon is doing the same thing to her that he did to her mother. And a man who'd sleep with his wife's daughter? Absolutely he'd do it again. I really don't even think Ella is in love with Simon, I just think he's the first guy who seems to kind of care for her and she's mistaken lust for love. Hopefully the best thing that could come out of this situation is that Patricia finally wakes up and Ella stops the me against the world act and they reconnect as mother and daughter. Good job Soular. Your characters are sometimes a challenge to get behind, but you always give a good story.

spearman1spearman1over 14 years ago
Holy Crap!!!

I love and hate this story all at once. Simply marvelous.

raunchyrareraunchyrareover 14 years ago
Damn girl, this is so ggod but it hurts...

As I previously said, I do not see any happy ending for any of the protagonists here, whether Ella ends up with Simon or not, they both lose Patrica, and that's a no win situation.With that said, the journey is interesting to say the least!

You are an amazing writer, and you get 5 stars all around for that.You make unreedmable characters rootable for- and I am not picking any side here- I just can't!lolo!- and only talented writers can stir this kind of reaction from readers, so bravo for this.

Now, these 3 are flawed , some more than others, and as it is , I have 0 respect for any, but I do enjoy the mental process that goes on, and the weakness of the senses that lead to their actions and reactions.

I am looking forward to chapter 5

August_BouvierAugust_Bouvierover 14 years ago
How do they come back from this?

It seems like the truth is right around the corner and none of these characters will come out a clear cut winner. It's going to be a life changer for all of them but somehow it's worse for Patricia/Ella because they'll always have a (damaged) family tie even if they are no longer in each other's lives after Simon. What an entertaining and thought provoking plot!

<p>August</p>

<p> PS: Ella & Simon make me think of The Police's <i>Don't stand so close to me.</i> </p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wow!

i just read ch4 & 5 together and WOW! i just hope this doesn't have a tragic ending but i don't see how though! L.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
fish tank

ya'll this a direct rip off of the movie 'fish tank'. its clear where the inspiration came from.

soularsoularover 14 years agoAuthor
Hmm...

I just checked and that movie Fish Tank hasn't even been released in the US yet, which is where I live. I started this story in October of '09...so, didn't rip it from that;-) But, I'm glad you mentioned it...when it does open, I would love to check it out. Thanks...

grunabonagrunabonaover 14 years ago
Rip-off?

Not a chance.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 14 years ago
Soular, don't listen to the haters

It's amazing what you come up with and some people are just jealous. I'd say 99.9 of your readers are thinking that the other poster is an idiot. Looking forward to Ch. 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Love it & ignore the haters

Very interesting indeed. Dramatic and tragic. Wondering how this ending will play out, but we all know it can't be good. Daughter is a slut who seduced her step dad, husband you cheats on his wife, mother who seems to be strong but weak minded when it come to her daughter. Truly the mother does piss me off more than anyone. Overall, enjoying your excellent writing. Can't wait!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
love it

i LOVE this story soooooooo much. keep up the excellent work and wonderful talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow! Simon is so weak!

I truly hope he gets a taste of his own medicine from Pat. Oh, I hope she get some from a man who "gets" and "appreciates" her and I hope he finds out all about it. It will serve him right. That'll give him something else to do besides obsess about Gabriella if he's really in love with Patricia as he says he is.

Turn about is fair play in this case. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. Besides, I'd like to see Patty truly cut loose with a man who finds her to be all that. Perhaps Simon isn't the man to bring her out of her shell sexually.

Jujubee50Jujubee50over 13 years ago
Hopefully this is the end of Patricia and Simon!

He and Ella deserve each other!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Hate them both

This story is excellent writing and draws you in...but the more I read the more I hate Simon and Ella. Simon is weak and Ella is manipulative. They truely do deserve eachother because Patricia deserves A LOT better.

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23over 13 years ago

Simon is a sad little man. Seriously he keeps on saying how much he loves Patricia and when it is just them I can feel it. There is passion and love between them. Simon and Ella seems more like an obsession, and Ella seems to push Simon to cross those lines in order to punish her mother.

NefatiriNefatiriover 13 years ago
Gabriella

Love the writing and really really really dislike this immature girl. And yes, Simon is spineless. I've been reading your stories and so far most of your guys are full of character and intent why go with an ensemble of weak characters for this? Simon, Nolan, Steve etc....all weak. Patricia has such low self esteem she's not even worth thinking about. That said, you are a fantastic writer because I am still reading the story! Well written, love your work.

stubborn_dreamerstubborn_dreamerabout 11 years ago
Amazing

Your ability to storytell is top notch. This may be a taboo subject, but you write with such elegance and grace it's just a very intricate story that sucks you in, instead of some scary scar upon the earth. LOL. Great job.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
I am thoroughly enjoying this story

i dont know which way i want it to go...leaning more towards him ending up with Ella though

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I hate myself....

I want him to be with Ella!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoular@soular
3057 Followers
3/2/24: Oh, goodness people. I'm sorry I have taken this long to get back to Gabriella. I know many of you have sent me feedback and I have not responded, and I do apologize for that. I just wanted to post a reminder that any works you see of mine posted anywhere else but Lit...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Gabriella Ch. 03 Previous Part
Gabriella Series Info