Gaia's Champion Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her stomach growled, and she thought it might be close to lunch. Sitting up, Amy broke out of her cocoon of warmth and hopped over to where Elizabeth was sitting. Coming up behind her, Elizabeth squeaked in alarm before she calmed down, seeing that it was just Amy.

"Sorry about that. I smelled what you were cooking and had come over and see what's so delicious," Amelia explained.

"Well, it's still early, and I didn't have myself a proper breakfast yet," Elizabeth stated after she'd calmed down. "I'm not opposed to sharing some of it if you're still hungry."

"No, I couldn't impose on you like that," Amy protested. At that moment is when her stomach growled loudly.

"Seems like your stomach has other ideas," Elizabeth said comically. With that, she went back to minding her food on the fire. It was a skillet full of tomatoes, sausages and eggs that she was taking her time to cook. They already looked more than half done. She sprinkled some salt and pepper on the eggs before using a set of tongs to turn the sausages and tomatoes.

"You didn't have much for breakfast?" Elizabeth wondered as she saw Amy eye the food hungrily.

"I only brought rice cakes and some cookies. I had little to buy some supplies for this trip," Amy said meekly.

"What?!? OK, time out! You're getting yourself a proper breakfast here and now. Don't you get fed properly at home?" she asked.

"I don't really get much in the manner of choices at home. My dad and brother are the ones who usually eat well, and my mom and I split whatever is left," Amy admitted sadly.

"That's total and utter patriarchal bullshit! Real men serve the ladies first before they dig in, not the way you told me it is!" Elizabeth ranted.

"I've been getting that general feeling for a while now. I've been wanting to leave home and get out there on my own, but I'm not sure what I'd do or where I'd go," Amy confessed. "But lately, I've been thinking that I should just take that leap of faith and just leave."

"You should! You're a grown woman and you should have a life of your own, not have it be dictated by your father or your brother!" Elizabeth agreed.

"I think I will. For the first time, in like... ever, I'm going to do something about that! I'm going to pack my bags and leave! Hell, I feel like going down the mountain and doing that right now!" Amy said confidently.

Elizabeth was amazed at how quickly she took to that suggestion. Normally, the Amy she knew and knew of was always about staying in line and doing what she was told. This new side of Amelia was heartening to see, like she'd finally broken out of the mental prison that she'd been confined to.

"You're in an assertive mood today! I've known you for over a year, but I've never seen you this upbeat and full of energy!" Elizabeth commented idly as she emptied the skillet onto a metal plate.

"I don't know why, but I feel... free. Almost like I can jump off the ground and fly, like Supergirl!" Amy said, her voice sounding... at peace. Her personal reflections were interrupted when Elizabeth handed her the plate full of food.

"Oh, no! That's your breakfast, Liz! I couldn't..."

"No arguments! You're hungry and need some proper food in you! I brought plenty of food, as I tend to get a bit snacky sometimes. It's no biggie, really," she said as she pushed the plate into Amy's hands.

Chin quivering, Amy held the plate in her right hand and wrapped her left arm around Elizabeth in a one-armed hug. Startled by the gesture, Elizabeth quickly hugged Amy back, happy to be a good friend. Handing Amy a fork, she went over to the small cooler she brought with her and retrieved more of what she was cooking. Loading up the skillet once again, Elizabeth went back to the fire and cooked a second breakfast while Amy dug into the food.

Jason's assertions about Amy were correct. She was most definitely living in a repressed household! Not too unlike Elizabeth's past, back when her mom was still with her dad before they left his abusive ass. It seemed like Amy was living in a home that leeched any kind of rebellion out of her and it was kept that way.

This side of Amy was likely kept under lock and key, but somehow, Jason freed her. Though the method of how he did it was uncool in her mind, she couldn't question the results. Amy now seemed much more open-minded and grounded. She no longer seemed to be inclined to believe in her father's lies or her brother's deceptions.

"So, tell me about how things are back in your home. I promise not to blow up or be judgmental about anyone, except for your dad and brother. Of all people, they should know better," Elizabeth said as she finished cooking the second skillet of food. After plating it all, she sat back next to Amy, setting the skillet aside.

Feeling like she'd found a kindred spirit in Elizabeth, Amy risked it and told her all about her upbringing. She went over the rules she was expected to obey, as her father's rule was law, according to the church. How her mother meekly obeyed, but how she found silent ways to rebel against them and taught Amy how.

Elizabeth kept her promise and kept her cool, but was shocked and felt a profound sense of disbelief. It was like a bucket of cold water in her face as to how much Amy had bent to the rules of the church. Though she was happy to hear about Amy and her mother's silent rebellion. She guffawed at the knowledge of what Jason did to Darren all those years ago.

"Jason did that?!? I wish I could have seen it!!" Elizabeth cackled as she clutched at her sides, laughing. She was feeling a bit more neutral towards Jason, but now he had her total and utmost respect! Putting that sanctimonious little shit in his place was something she would have paid money to see!

She'd met Darren Marston once before in school and had disliked him instantly. His preachy and self-serving ways really grated on her nerves. On more than one occasion, Elizabeth had half a mind to walk up to the snot-nosed little shit and knock him out. Though Elizabeth was a little miffed that she hadn't gotten to do it, she was glad that Jason had the stones to give that little prick his just desserts.

Amy had been giggling with her at the pranks that had been played on her brother. Since that event which saw Darren soaked, everyone who had an ax to grind with him pulled all kinds of pranks. Usually, it was the school troublemakers who started it, but here and there, some of the popular crowd even got their hands dirty.

Sadly, it didn't last for long. Darren left the school after about a month's worth of pranks had been pulled on him. Despite the teacher's best efforts to punish the students responsible, those they could catch in the act, the torment didn't cease. A few of the teachers even said, quietly, that the boy had it coming for a long time.

Darren's 'holier than thou' attitude had made him a target and because of some of his friends, being of the older crowd, were there, few would touch him. Though in Grade Ten, that changed when his 'protection' graduated and had left the school. Jason was the first to get to the little shit. After they both calmed down, Elizabeth spoke her mind.

"So, you won't leave home because you're afraid that your dad and your brother will grind your mom down?" she asked.

"Yes. Trying to find a place that will take the both of us is difficult, not to mention expensive in this economy," Amy replied.

"Don't I know it! Have you tried going to the shelters? There are plenty of places to go to if you need somewhere to stay."

"I would, but it seems like my father has people everywhere. Anyone who attends the church always looks out for the other families, trying to spot any dissent. They ensure we stay unified, even when they're not around," Amy explained.

"I'm surprised that they let you leave. Don't you have to be at church today?"

"We are allowed time for self-reflection, one weekend a month. Since my dad and brother are gone on a retreat this weekend, I thought I'd take it and come up camping. Darcy, who is an old friend, extended me the invite and once I knew about them leaving for the weekend, my mom suggested I go," Amelia told her.

"Well, I for one, am glad you came up with us! I, for one, would have been dreadfully bored. I'm acquainted with some folks here, but not a close friend of them," Elizabeth confided.

"Well, now you have me," Amy said while bumping shoulders with her.

"Yeah, I guess I do," she said before continuing on. "But seriously, you really should leave. You won't become who you should be by adhering to the tight ass rules your father imposes. You will only be a shadow of what you should become."

"Are you speaking from experience or from the sidelines, like a lot of women do?" Amy asked, a note of skepticism in her voice.

"Experience. My dad was one of those abusive alcoholics who'd slap my mom around like she was a ragdoll. Seeing my mom beaten down like that, I had to do something. I convinced my mom to leave him and after a couple of trips to the hospital, she listened."

Amelia looked at her new friend with a sense of astonishment. Coming from a home that badly broken and seeing violence done every day was not something to be taken lightly.

"It took us a while to save some money without my dad noticing. But once we had enough, and when my dad was on one of his drunken benders, we left and never looked back," Elizabeth recalled.

"It was after we had left him, I made a promise to myself. That if I ever saw anything like that, ever, I would do everything I could to help that person out, no matter the cost. Freedom of choice is one of our God-given rights and we, as women, should be slaves to no man!" she finished.

"So, every man should just let his woman leave? Is every relationship slavery then?" Seamus called out from his tent as he was lying there with Darcy, snuggling with her.

"No," she said, remembering her promise to Jason. Oddly enough, she felt her mind go along a different path of thinking and she voiced it. "Women should choose to stay in a relationship with a man, or woman, as they see fit. Their partner should give them a reason to want to stay, not force them."

Seamus' eyebrows rose as he thought about Elizabeth's response. It made proper sense, since the way he and Darcy looked at their relationship was along similar lines. Darcy even told him once that despite all the times they fought, that she stays with him, because she loves him. The only way he would lose that is if he tried to force her to stay, if she ever wanted to leave.

"I'll give you that. It is a fair way of looking at things," he replied. Darcy popped up and kissed him soundly, smiling the entire time. She then tugged on him to step out of the tent and he grudgingly went with. They both sat by the fire, Darcy obviously eager to hear more of what Elizabeth had to say.

Elizabeth was a bit surprised and intimidated by this, as she'd had no one want to listen to her before. Taking a deep breath, she gave an impassioned speech about how women need to step up and be proper role models to future generations. Also, how men need to support this, but to be wary of the manipulative types.

She continued along that thread, telling Seamus, and soon, all the other men who had turned up to listen with their ladies. How they needed to hold on to what made them men and not sacrifice it. That women needed real men to be there for them, to help stand with them against both the misogynists who would stand against them. And that women needed to do their part and stand with their men against the misandrists who would try to corrupt them, as well as demonize and demean their men.

It wasn't long before the entire camp was paying attention, and even the guys were listening in thoughtful reflection. Elizabeth was surprised at what was coming out of her mouth. They had deviated from what she had originally planned to say. Elizabeth supposed she was going along on this tangent because of the deal she'd made with Jason. Though she did not know just how much she was being influenced, unaware that her promise to Jason was now ingrained in the fiber of her being.

******************************

Jason had been hiking along the trail for the better part of an hour, just enjoying himself, as he looked around for Phalmina. He tried calling out to her shortly after he'd sent Elizabeth on her way to camp, trying to contact her. Having no luck that way, Jason thought he'd keep on walking and hoped that she'd eventually show up.

As he'd continued on, he'd seen much more of the forest than he thought he could. He supposed he had his new senses and abilities to thank for that. Everything was so much more colorful and vibrant than he'd been able to notice before. Jason had made his way further up the mountain a bit and picked the pace a little.

Just ahead, he knew that there was a small rocky area that was a good place for seclusion. It also offered one hell of a view of the surrounding mountains and was one of the few places that he knew most people didn't know about. Once he found the old broken tree, which had been hit by a lightning blast some years ago, he turned off the path and traversed into the wilderness of the woods.

Though he was pushing through untamed brush, most of it seemed to give way to him. It was as though the very plants knew he was Druid and saw fit to let him pass unhindered. Smiling, Jason continued to pick his way through the forest, until he finally came upon the deer run that would lead him to the clearing. He followed the narrow path for a good ten minutes before he arrived, and the sight that greeted him took his breath away.

The small clearing had stayed the same, overgrown with moss and a couple of fallen trees, along with some rocky outcroppings that served as seats. The floor itself was rocky, though tufts of grass and creepings of moss had lent some color to the gray stone. What surprised him the most was a good deal of water that now filled a shallow basin that had been sitting by the edge of the mountainside.

Steam rose from the water and some small bubbles sat on the surface, seeming to be constantly coming from beneath. He also noted that a small amount of overflow was heading back down the way he came. It turned into a small, babbling brook he didn't notice, as it was hidden by the thick and lush vegetation surrounding it.

This was something completely new! When Jason was up here last year, that hot spring hadn't been there! All that was about was just the shallow bowl of rock that the spring now resided in. Much of the vegetation covering the ground wasn't here either! Jason stared in wonder at everything that was there and stood there, stupefied.

"Did I do this?" he wondered aloud.

"Yes, you did!"

The voice that whispered in his ear caused Jason to shout in terror and stumble, falling on the flat of his back. His face was etched in pure horror until he saw who it was. Phalmina was lying on a nearby boulder, cackling like a maniac. She rolled back and forth on the moss, clutching her sides, as they hurt from her laughing so hard. Growling in annoyance, Jason got to his feet and stared at Phalmina, who was still laughing.

"You done, yet?" he asked, glaring at the diminutive fairy.

"Yeah," she giggled, finally getting her laughing under control. Although Emalia was the biggest prankster that Phalmina knew of, that didn't mean that she didn't enjoy pulling her own pranks. She was thrilled to have gotten the drop on Jason like she did. The look on his face... totally worth it!

"So, I've got a lot of questions to ask you about my powers," Jason started.

"Naturally. You've obviously used your powers on a subconscious level, to where the things you do are by reflex, rather than intent," Phalmina explained. "Like how you created that barrier by that secluded cove when you were swimming in the lake with that girl."

"How did you know about that?" Jason asked, blushing a bit that he'd been spied on to that extent. Phalmina similarly blushed before she fired off her response.

"Well, what you did with that human was... hot. It made me all squirmy and got me wondering why you didn't do that kind of thing with me?!?"

"I did something like that with you already, Mina. Why were you spying on me in the first place? Jealous?" he asked, already knowing what her response was going to be.

"For years, ever since my friends and family went to sleep, it's been just me and it's been very lonely. Then suddenly, a potential Druid walks into my glade and sexes me up like I've never been sexed before. Why would I be jealous of him going after some human pussy..."

Phalmina would have continued, except that Jason went and put a finger to her mouth, shushing her. Her eyes smoldered, and she looked ready to bite his finger until he spoke.

"A little jealousy is OK, just don't let it consume you, Mina. Anyway, I'll make it up to you."

"How do you plan on doing that?" she asked as he removed his finger.

"Well, for starters, I'd..." he bent down and spoke into her ear. As he went on, Phalmina's frown was wiped from her face and replaced by a big grin. Once he finished, she flitted up and kissed Jason on the nose. The look she wore was a mixture of anticipation and unbridled lust.

"Well, this confirms my theory," he said, chuckling.

"What theory?"

"That you, as a fairy, are a huge pervert and nymphomaniac," he said with confidence.

"Hah! Nymphs got nothing on me, buster! They can't even hope to compare to what I am willing to do!" she said, as she licked her lips lasciviously.

"Oh, really? Then please, do enlighten me!" he challenged.

With that, Phalmina flitted over to his shoulder and, like he did with her, she whispered into his ear. The things she was going on about what she'd do to him had him smiling at first. As she continued though, his smile faded, and his jaw dropped open, and he turned to look at his fairy lover.

"That's not even half of what I'm willing to do. If you don't like it, tough. Get used to it."

Hearing that caused Jason to burst out laughing as he played out the images of the naughty things that she'd do to him.

"I more than like it, Mina! I love it! I sure hope that we'll get to do some of those things that we both talked about when I stop by the glade tomorrow!" he enthused. Phalmina's wings fluttered in excitement as she giggled, a bit turned on by the prospect. She reigned in control of herself, as she could see that Jason had some things on his mind.

"So, you had some questions you wanted to ask of me?"

"Oh! Right! So, you said that I've been using my power in some ways that have been by instinct rather than conscious design?" he said. It was clear Jason was worried about the intent of his subconscious.

"As I said Jason, you've been using your power purely on reflex and in some ways, that's a good thing," Phalmina replied.

"How so?"

"Well, the thing about the magic of Gaia is that it is pure Earth magic. What that means is that it will not do things that are unnatural or do not occur in nature. Like the hot spring, for instance. It was eventually going to show up here, but because of the release of power, you... sped up the process," she explained.

"So, using it like I have isn't dangerous?" he wondered.

"Anything, when misused, can be so, but not with the way you've been using it. It is not Death magic, which corrupts and destroys, but it grows and enriches. I've noticed that the forest is a bit more alive than usual today. Did you get up to anything last night?" she questioned.

"Well... I did kind have some primal level sex with someone last night," he answered honestly.

"That Liz girl from yesterday?" Phalmina huffed.

"No. The other one, called Amy. Something odd happened while we were at it. Normally, she is a shy and reserved type, who keeps to herself, but today, she is the complete opposite! Brazen and uncompromising in what she wants, which is completely unlike her," Jason said, bewildered at how much she'd changed in one night.