Game of Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As soon as he left, Giada laughed at the top of her voice, folding her arms on her chest.

"Checkmate!" She said as she laughed.

She had won and she was happy.

***

Laurel came out of the kitchen, holding a glass of water while checking something on her phone. She was dressed in a black flared dress with slippers on her feet and her hair was covered with a cap. She just reached the living when something strange happened, something that scared her terribly.

She felt her jump suddenly and felt as if someone had pulled on it. She gave a sharp gasp, letting go of both the phone and the glass. They both fell to the floor and the sound of the glass breaking to pieces gave her the greatest scare of her life.

Laurel started hyperventilating as her heart began racing. She felt really hot, worried and scared at the same time. Tears welled up in her eyes and her hands began trembling.

"Eric!" She gasped as a tear went down her cheek. "My son!"

It was more like a connection that she had with Eric. Whenever her son was in some kind of trouble, she always felt it but it had never been as intense as it was that time. She quickly dropped to the floor, picked up her phone but unfortunately, it was broken. She needed to call him.

She started rushing to the living room to where the house phone was. But she didn't even reach there when she stood still half way, staring at the door like she had just seen a ghost. More tears raced down her cheeks in streams and her fears just overshot. Her heart felt like it wanted to run away from her.

Laurel had never felt the way she did at that time. Her heart shattered to the floor. She didn't know when she started crying or when she started walking towards the door where her son stood, staring at her.

He was looking really terrible. He had a big bruise on his forehead, his hair was messy, his eyes were blood red and he looked really terrible. She couldn't believe that was her son. She had never seen him looking the way he was. What could have been wrong?

"Eric!" Her voice was barely above a whisper. "My baby!"

But that was what Eric really needed, his mother's voice to completely shatter him. He felt his strength completely leave him and he started heading for the floor.

"Eric!" Laurel screamed as she ran the race of time towards him.

Fortunately, she held him before he could fall to the floor. She held him and when she felt how bad he was trembling, she got scared. "Oh my God! My baby, what happened to you?" She asked the disorientated boy but the only thing answering her where his painful tears rolling down his face. "Eric, please, my love. Tell me!"

She cupped his face and stared into his eyes. Eric looked at his mother and he began crying, holding her tightly.

"Baby..." Laurel sobbed, holding him tightly. "My love what's wrong? Who did this to you? Tell me?" She asked as she rubbed his head, placing soft kisses on him.

"Please, mom, take me out of here." Eric pleaded in a weak voice. "I don't wanna be here anymore, mommy. I can't bear this pain, mom. I can't."

"Eric, baby!" Laurel cried. "What are you saying?"

"Please, take me out of here!" He pleaded. "Anywhere, mom. Anywhere! Just get me out of here. Please."

Laurel kissed her son and sobbed together with him.

"I don't wanna be anywhere these people." He sobbed uncontrollably. "It was all a lie... my life... he's destroyed me. He's destroyed me, mom. I don't want to be anywhere near this place."

"Shh...." Laurel whispered. "...hush, my baby. Your mother is now here. I will protect you. Get it all out, my baby."

Laurel knew that Giada had something to do with whatever was happening to her son. But how was she to know when he wasn't telling her anything? She was scared.

"Please, mom..." Eric begged. "... I just wanna get out of here."

"Yes, baby..."

Eric just cried at the top of his voice, trying to get his entire pain out. But it wasn't happening. It was like every tear that he dropped only added to the pain in his heart. The images of all the lies Sergio had told him couldn't just leave him alone. They were haunting him, eating him from the inside. It was just too painful. He'd given his virginity for goodness' sake. Why couldn't he be happy? Was he destined for destruction only?

"Please!"

Eric just continued crying inconsolably and Laurel did her best but it wasn't working in any way.

***

"Guys please, stop it!" Steve yelled as he stretched his hands to stop the two guys from fighting and probably killing each other.

The whole apartment was a big mess. There were ripped cushions, disarranged couches, a broken table and broken TV. Henry's nose was bleeding and Sergio was already raging, breathing like a wounded buffalo. He was super mad.

"Guys, please!" Steve pleaded. "We're all friends, aren't we?"

"Friends?" Sergio said harshly, shaking his head. "Friends don't betray friends, do they? I trusted you but you stabbed me right in the face."

"You're right. Friends don't stab friends." Henry chuckled as he licked his own blood. "I warned you, didn't I? I warned you to stop this madness but did you listen to me?"

"I had started this lie with him. Why did get involved, huh? How did Trevor find out? Why did he come this early?"

Sergio hadn't seen Trevor since after he had left the party. He had seen his calls but hadn't mastered the courage to answer him. He loved Trevor and the last thing he wanted was to hurt him. But this was different. He wasn't in his right state of mind.

"Look, dude, solve your own problems. He's your boyfriend, isn't he?" Henry snarled. "How am I supposed to know? I only helped him..."

"Helped?" Sergio chuckled bitterly. "Wow! Am I supposed to be grateful? Do you know the implication of what had happened today? How am I supposed to face Eric now? I told you to stay clear off my path with Eric but you didn't heed to my plea, did you?"

He wanted to go and punch him but Trevor held on to him tighter.

"Who knows what he must be feeling right now?" He said with tears forming in his eyes. "Eric is a good person and he didn't deserve what had happened."

"How is that my fault?" Henry shrugged. "I told you to tell him the truth but you didn't listen. And you know what, I am done with this."

He furiously stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door really hard.

Sergio dropped to his knees and just sat on the floor with his hands on his head. He still couldn't believe that he was in that type of situation. Fuck! He felt like he was gonna go insane with the war going on with his emotions.

"Why don't you try calling him?"

"How?" Sergio said softly, raising his face. "He left his phone in my car." He was starting to feel weak. "I have tried going to his apartment but he didn't go there. I tried to call his friends but nothing is working. What if something bad happened to him and it's my fault."

Steve sighed, kneeling in front of his friend. "I feared something like this would happen. And no wonder when you started all this, I told you to just stop."

"It was a huge mistake." Sergio sobbed. "I didn't even know how it reached to this point. He was truly in love with me." He cried, not even rubbing his tears. "I could see it in his eyes today. But I took everything away from him. Maybe if I had just broken things off with him it wouldn't have been this bad. But I slept with him last night. He was a virgin."

Steve covered his mouth, feeling bad. He had never seen Sergio act like that in all the years he had known him. Even previous relationships when they ended badly, he never reached his worst. This one was different.

"Do you love him?" Steve muttered. "Did you perhaps fall in love with Eric?"

Sergio cried even more when he heard the question. "I know I love, Trevor man." He sniveled. "I love him so much but my feelings for Eric are confusing me. It's like I am being tortured and I feel like I am gonna die if I don't hear from him in the next minute. I don't know how to fix this thing. On one side is Trevor and on the other is Eric. How am I supposed to fix this? It's such a burden. Help me, Steve!"

Steve took his friend and held him tighter.

It's okay." He was rubbing on his back. "Everything will be fine. We'll think of something."

Sergio just broke down and cried unlike he had ever cried in his life before.

***

"Oh my God, finally!" Giada laughed as she pulled her son into a tight hug. "We finally did it. I am so proud of you, my baby. You've got no idea how happy I am right now. Truly, you're a product of your mother."

"But of course," Trevor opened his arms, shaking his head. "An apple doesn't fall far away from the tree, does it, mommy? He had it coming. I have always wanted an opportunity to destroy that stupid smart ass. I got it and now I don't even have any regrets." He had an evil grin on his face. "I am just glad you called me when you did, mommy otherwise, we wouldn't have had an opportunity like this."

"Of course, I always had an eye on him but when I found out the boyfriend he was dating, I got curious and called Henry." She chuckled evilly. "We definitely should give that boy a reward. He helped me a lot and gave me all the information that I needed. That was my opportunity to show that boy that I am not to be messed with. I'll never let him happy."

"He deserves it and I can do it a 100 times over without any regrets."

"Why should you?" Giada said as she handed him a glass of champagne. "That boy and his bitch of a mother had it coming. They were daring me. They thought I was just gonna sit down and watch my husband divide his attention. No fucking way. They don't call me Giada Hayes Sandoval for nothing. I am the iron lady of this city and everyone knows me."

Trevor took a sip of his glass. "I had shared my father in the past, mommy." Trevor said with his fist clenched. "I had also seen that he loved that bitch more than me. But I will not share my inheritance with him. I will not allow that."

"Of course, not!" Giada reassured, resting her hand on his shoulder. "Listen to me, Trev. No one, absolutely no one is gonna take that right from you. Your father's wealth and all his businesses are your inheritance alone. And even if I have to kill to secure that for you, I will gladly do it."

Trevor smiled, taking a deep breath. "Thanks, mommy."

"Anytime."

Trevor nodded and sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "But I am a bit worried, mommy. Sergio hasn't called me since he ran after that boy. I have been trying to call him but he hasn't picked up any of my calls. What if he... he..."

"Don't say it, Trev!" Giada said, placing her finger on his lips. "Listen to me, he was just in shock. You're not gonna lose him. We cannot lose him."

"No, mom!" Trevor said. "I love Sergio with my life and I cannot afford to lose him."

"You won't." She reassured. "Sergio loves you a lot. Whatever he had with that boy was nothing but just for fun, a game. You're worried about nothing my love. And even if that boy tries anything, your mother is still here. I am not done with him."

Trevor gave a sheepish smile. He had tears in his eyes and he had no idea why he was feeling so restless. He was really scared because his boyfriend hadn't replied to the hundreds of texts that he had sent to him.

"Listen, tomorrow early morning, you'll go to his apartment in school." Giada said, holding her son tightly. "You'll tell him how hurt you were but you still love him. Tell him that you know he loves you and you guys should forget about everything that has happened and be happy. Shed tears if you have to. Blackmail him emotionally if you have to."

She cupped his cheeks and smiled. "You're you mother's son. You've got it in you. It always works. Trust me. Sergio is yours forever no matter what."

Trevor smiled brightened. "I love you so much, mommy."

"Love you more."

She kissed him and held him tightly. Both of them had evil grins on their faces because they knew things were now going their way. They were manipulating everything.

***

Laurel was seated on the bed with her back on the head board and her eyes on her son. He was sleeping on her lap. After many hours of crying, she'd finally managed to send him to sleep. But even as he slept there, she could see just how much pain he was in. Sometimes his body trembled and sometimes it felt like convulsions that made Laurel so scared. What could have caused her son so much pain? She didn't know where to get answers from and honestly, she was scared of finding out. She was still in tears.

"My daughter!" Regina spoke softly, placing her hand on Laurel's shoulder. "Please, drink some water. Eric is gonna be fine."

Laurel sniveled, looking at her. "Why is that so difficult to believe, nanny? Why is it that all this time I have been staring at my son, I feel like he's not gonna be the same."

"Eric is a strong boy, Laurel!"

"Not this time." Laurel sobbed. "Whatever had happened to him was probably so bad because even when he's in so much pain, he never breaks down like this. He's been through so much but he never broke down, nanny. But now I don't even know what to do. I am afraid of knowing what's wrong with him. I am afraid of the answer he might give me."

Nanny glanced at Eric and felt a surge of pain. "You're probably right." She sat on the bed and took his hand. "I raised Eric and I know exactly how he is. It's just so sad to see him like this. Eric is like my grandson and I love him so."

They both just stared at the boy for several seconds without saying anything to each other. They were both sobbing softly.

"Pack all our bags, nanny." Laurel muttered. "We're leaving tomorrow. I don't wanna be in this city or this country again."

Nanny gave a gloomy sigh. "Are you sure about this, Laurel?"

"I am sure. I just want Eric very far away from everyone that hurts him. I have had enough." She said in a raised voice. "If they hurt my son again, I don't know if I'll take it. I just want him to go away. We'll go to Australia where my cousin, Reuben stays." She sighed, rubbing her tears. "You know he found me a well-paying job there and I have been turning him down. I called him a few minutes back and he said he'll be expecting us."

"I can't stop you, Laurel. But maybe it's for the best."

"Yes! You too." Laurel said. "You pack your bags. You're like family to us and we can't leave you behind."

Veronica got emotional when she heard that. "What about Eric's clothes? Most of them are at school."

"I'll call Riya to pack them and bring them here tomorrow morning before we leave."

Nanny nodded. "Alright then. I'll start packing right away."

She left and Laurel slowly laid her head on her son's, kissing him softly. Her tears were falling on his face. She wasn't gonna be at peace until she took him far away and saw him smile.

"Hold on, Eric!" She whispered. "I'll get you out of here and I'll bring back your smile. I promise."

***

"Shh...." Smith whispered as he rubbed on the back of his inconsolable friend. "Please, Riya. Everything will be alright."

Riya was crying uncontrollably on Smith's chest. She was feeling like someone had just placed a really huge load on her chest, slowly crushing her insides. She had never experienced so much pain. They were near their school department and they were from checking out their continuous assessment results. Eric had done so much better.

"I can't believe this, Smith." Riya wailed. "Why did this happen?"

"Riya, it's gonna be alright."

Smith might have been trying to console his friend but he wasn't in any better condition. His eyes were completely red and his face was flooded. He was in so much pain because Eric had not just been his best friend. He had been his brother.

"I can't." Riya wailed. She couldn't care less who saw her crying. "This is so unfair. He doesn't deserve any of this."

"I know." Smith sniveled. "I know but can we please try to contain ourselves? We need to be strong for him. We need to be very strong."

Riya held on tighter and just cried.

"Riya!" A voice spoke softly.

Riya immediately stopped crying when she heard that voice, the voice that send shivers in her body. She slowly ripped from Smith's chest who was staring at the guy with his fists clenched and breathing like a monster. Riya felt like something possessed her when she saw Sergio standing there looking like a son of a bitch. God she had never hated someone as much as she did at that time.

Riya slowly rubbed her face, clenching her teeth.

"Riya, I was just..."

But while he was talking, Riya furiously moved and gave him a really dirty slap that sent him about 4 steps behind. Tears welled up in his eyes as he stared at her. He knew he had caused both her and Smith a whole lot of pain by what he had done. He had never been so sorry in his life before.

"You stupid son of a bitch!" Riya snarled as a stream of tears went down her face. "How dare you show your face here? Don't you have any shame left you? After what you did to Eric, you've got some nerves showing yourself to me?"

Sergio put his hands together. "Look, I am sorry. I know what I did was wrong. But where's Eric?"

That was all that he needed to say to evoke the monster in Smith. He groaned angrily, rushed to him and gave him a really huge blow that sent him flying to the ground with a thud. It hurt like hell and he had a huge bruise on the side of his right cheek near his lip. He groaned in pain, getting up. He could taste his blood from a cut on his lip.

"You don't have the right to even mention his name, you motherfucker!" Smith yelled. "After all you did to him, you've got some nerve coming here to look for him. What do you want from him? I am gonna..."

"No, Smith!" Riya blocked him. "Don't touch him. He's not worth it. Leave him before he kills you as well."

"I know you must think I am a monster." Sergio said in pain as he got up. "You must think the worst of me right now. But believe me, I never wanted to hurt Eric. I never planned any of what had happened yesterday."

"You never planned it!" Riya yelled. "You planned the whole fucking thing with your friends. You knew exactly what you were doing so don't you fucking justify yourself here. Eric was a good boy. He never wanted to do anything with any guy because he was always scared of getting his heart broken. But you didn't break his heart, Sergio. You destroyed it."

"I am sorry..."

"You took advantage of his love for you. I have never seen Eric love someone the way he loved you in the shortest time." She cried, furiously rubbing her tears. "I thought what Tristan did to him in the past was the worst thing but what you did to him was the worst. You took his virginity away, you literally used him."

"I didn't know he was a virgin."

"And that justifies what you did, you bastard?" Smith snapped. "I wish nothing but death for you. Eric has been through a lot of shit but he was never broken. But you sided with his enemies, his evil step brother and evil step mother to destroy."

"I swear. I had no idea." Sergio put his hands together. "I know you hate me right now. But allow me to see Eric, please." He fell to his knees. "I am begging you. I will set this right, I promise."

Riya shook her head. "How will you set everything right? Will you bring back his virginity? Will you bring back his lost dignity? Will you bring back our friend? How will you set things right?"

Sergio sobbed. "I will... I will take responsibility for my actions. I won't back out. I will take my responsibility. I will take care of Eric. I will marry him. I am ready to marry him even if it is now. Just tell me where he is." Sergio's heart was racing. He had come at that decision after careful thinking.

Smith and Riya looked at each other and at the man that was kneeling in front of them. They couldn't believe what they had just heard.