Game of Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And you think that will make things right?" Riya chuckled bitterly. "You'll just marry him and he'll forget what you did? You're really even more pathetic than I actually thought you were. You want to do that to kill your guilt. What about love? You think marriage without love..."

"I love Eric." Sergio hollered. "It might have taken me time to realize this but I am in love with Eric."

Riya sobbed softly as she looked at the hunk.

"Please, just tell me where he is." He sobbed. "I have been looking for him since yesterday. I beg of you. I will set things right."

Riya got closer. "Well then, if you think you love him and what you say is true then stop him. Bring back our friend because as we speak, Eric and his mother are at the airport. They're going to Canada."

Sergio felt his heart pound in his chest. He couldn't believe his ears. What had he just done? He got scared and he just froze.

"He's leaving for Canada but that's not where he's gonna be staying. Because of you, my best friend can't even tell where he's going, Sergio. You caused all this." She yelled. "Now do you still think you can fix it? That's how much you had hurt my friend, Sergio. He doesn't even want to stay another day here."

Riya got closer to Sergio, looking down at him.

"If you can bring back my friend and his happiness, maybe I can forgive you." She said hoarsely. "But until then, I don't ever want to set my eyes on your ugly face again."

With those words, she stormed out of there but she was soon in tears. Smith was holding her.

'Eric is leaving for Canada!'

"No!" Sergio shook his head as he slowly got up. "What have I done? I can't allow you to leave, Eric. No matter what, I have to stop you and fix all this. You cannot leave."

He started running to his car like the hounds of hell where after him while rubbing his tears. Was he gonna reach there in time?

***

Sergio arrived at the airport and started rushing towards the entrance with hope in his heart that he was gonna find Eric there. For the first time, he prayed with his entire heart for the flight to be delayed or just not take off yet. He was really scared and just wanted to make things right.

"Hey!" The giant black guy at the door blocked him. "You cannot go in like this."

"Sir, please, I just wanna go inside quickly. This is very urgent." He said, putting his hands together. "I am begging you, sir!"

"Do you have a passport or ticket?"

"No!"

"Then you cannot be allowed inside." The guard said.

Sergio felt his heart begin to race. He couldn't afford to lose any more time. He needed to get inside as quickly as possible.

"Sir..." He quickly got out his wallet and took out his ID. "...this is my ID. You can hold on to it while I go inside. I won't take long, I promise."

"Sorry but you cannot enter inside. Kindly step aside, sir. You're wasting everyone's time."

Sergio groaned furiously kicking a bottle that was on the ground. He felt like punching something. Tears welled up in his eyes and he began breathing harshly. He moved a bit from the guard and watched as a man who had a few bags on a trailer went at the door and showed his passport and ticket to the guard.

As the guard was busy checking it out, Sergio rushed past him and started running as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Hey!" The guard shouted and started running after him. "Sir, stop!"

But Sergio didn't heed to the guard's call. Even when he heard several guards calling him to stop, he never did. All he wanted to do was just reach Eric. He was only praying it wasn't too late.

*

Eric was seated quietly waiting for the call to board the plane. He was wearing a black shirt with a red skinny jean and blue snickers. His hair was tied in a ponytail and he still had a small bruise on his face and they were nail marks where Giada had held him.

Even as he was seated there, Eric couldn't still believe he was leaving the only home he'd ever known. It was so fucking painful and he still had tears in his eyes. Wherever he looked, he saw Sergio smiling at him. Even when he closed his eyes, he could still see him. It brought immense anger and pain to him.

He could still remember how Riya had cried that morning when she had brought his bags. It had been too painful to see. But Eric had to leave and forget about everything in his past. That was the only way he was gonna move on. But he had promised Riya he was gonna contact her as soon as he got back to himself.

"My love," Laurel held his hand, smiling at him. "It's time to go. The gate is open."

Eric nodded slowly. He hadn't even heard the call for his flight. He got up without saying a word and started following his mother to the open gate. He was only like three steps away when he slowly turned and looked behind.

'I am leaving this city, my home, my friends and all the bad memories that I have in this place. I just hope this pain that I have inside of me will eventually melt, all the pain this city has caused me. But like they say, the wounds may heal but the scars will always be there. That is the fate I have to suffer for trusting and loving the wrong people.

Apparently, the next time, if at all I return here, I will not be viewed as a weakling, someone who can be used and someone that can be broken easily. Goodbye!'

He slowly turned, put on his headphones and walked into the gate.

At that same time, Sergio arrived, breathing harshly. He looked around but couldn't see Eric anywhere.

"Eric!" He yelled like a mad man. "Eric! Please, answer me. I love you."

"Sir, will you stop that!" Two guards gripped his arms and started pulling him away. "You're making noise for everyone. First you violated the rules by entering in here and now you're disturbing everyone."

"Let go!" He tried to pull free but couldn't. "Eric!"

"Sir, I am gonna have you arrested."

Sergio looked at the two guards with tears in his eyes. "Just two minutes, sir. I really need..."

"No!"

"Sir, don't you have a girlfriend or boyfriend or a wife?" Sergio asked softly, staring at the two of them. "What if the person you love the most is about to leave you? But then you know of a way to stop them, won't you take the chance? What if you had hurt the one you love terribly and you know that this is the only way to make things right and take their pain away? That's the situation I am in right now."

The two guards slowly let him go and he stood still, staring at the two of them.

"Sir, you seem to belong to a prominent family and that's why I'll let you go."

"Sir, I don't intend to trouble you." He said, putting his hands together. "But it's necessary for me to go to that Canada flight. It's very important that I stop the love of my life, please. I need to go to that Canada flight."

"Sir, I am very sorry." One of the flight attendants that had just come said. "The Canada flight has already taken off."

Sergio felt his heart pound violently in his chest and he gasped as his strength totally fail him. He dropped to his knees as a billion tears decorated his face. He felt a tightening in his chest and a fear unlike anything he'd ever felt before.

'I am too late.' He thought as he cried. 'Why didn't you wait for me, why Eric? I know I am the cause of this and I'll never ever forgive myself for destroying your life. Never!' He closed his eyes as he sat on the floor, not even bothering to rub his tears. ''But why, Eric? Why did you go like this? Why, Eric? I swear I'll never forgive myself for what I have done.'

Two souls were suffering for different reasons. One was the culprit and the other was just a victim in a foolish game that had destroyed his life. Both of them were in tears in two different places. They both could feel an empty space between created deep within them as the distance between them got bigger and bigger.

To be continued...

***

Thanks for coming to the end of the fifth chapter. Please, don't forget to drop your comments and rates as well guys. I love you a lot guys.

The theme songs are, "Goodbye's the saddest word," by Celine Dion, "Take a bow," by Rihanna, "Lying Down" By Celine Dion and "Bad at Love," by Halsey.

Chapter 6 will drop very soon and it will be fire, I promise.

Feel the passion....