Game of Love Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He rested his hand on Eric's shoulder and they both smiled at each other. Then he held his hand tightly and started leading him into the house where everyone else where. Even those that had been sitting were now up and acting like they were frozen. They were really shocked.

Each step that Eric took closer to Kim, she felt like a part of her was freezing. She couldn't move. She just stared at the two of them as they got closer and closer until they were standing face to face with her. What surprised Kim a lot is that she wanted to kill Eric. She really did. But she couldn't feel any part of her. She felt numb.

Sergio chuckled happily as he wrapped an arm around Eric, clearing his throat. Eric raised his face and stared at Kim, giving a smile, a smile that she perceived as mock. Then suddenly, Eric used his scarf to cover his hair and then dropped to his knees in front of Kimberly. Kim felt like something possessed her, something evil. She had a lot of questions in her head and her anger started rushing into her.

"I know that we kind of started off our relationship on a bad note and I also know that you're angry at me." He raised his head and stared into Kim's eyes, seeing the anger burning in her. "But now I hope that you and I will work out our differences. I am willing to do anything just to get you to like me, mother!"

'Mother!' That word hit Kim so hard that she felt her heart jump so high that she felt like she was gonna have a heart attack.

Kim gripped her phone furiously like she wanted to break it. Her face fell faster than a corpse in cement boots. In that instant her skin became pale, her mouth hung with lips slightly parted and her eyes were as wide as they could stretch. Her brain was shaking in disbelief and she felt something repelling her from Eric. She leapt in the air as if a cracker had gone off.

But it wasn't just her that heard that word, 'mother' and it wasn't just her that got shocked by it.

Giada felt dread creeping down her spine like a careful spider leaving a trail of silk. She felt something crawling on her skin, leaving her almost frozen. Her fear felt like she had her feet planted in a rail line and there was a fast approaching train. Her heart began racing so much that she began gasping for air as tears welled in her eyes. She'd never been as scared as she got at that time.

Trevor on the other hand felt like something in his heart had just cracked. Right from Eric, she felt a cold move in towards him only to meet the warmth of his blood. He felt it wash over his skin and he instantly became pale. A tear rolled onto his cheek and he felt something sharp stab his heart. It was so painful that he began gasping, his breaths coming out harsh and torturous.

Eric got up and then Sergio held his tightly, so tight that it felt like their very hands were merging.

Kim looked at those hands, the bands on each of their finger and her fists began clenching and her jaws shaking. She felt her chest tighten into a knot like cramp and a quiet rage started building inside.

"Is this a joke?" Her voice sounded like an angry robot.

Sergio smiled, shaking his head. "No, mother." He glanced at Eric, bringing his hand to his mouth. Then he kissed it right in front of everyone. "Eric and I are now married. Because we love each other."

Burning rage hissed through Kim's body like a snake's venom, screeching a demanded release in the form of uncontrolled anger. She placed her gaze on Eric, feeling tears welling in her eyes, tears of anger. God, her hatred just reached its maximum and she felt like kicking something, anything.

Where Adrianna was standing, she gasped in excitement. She felt pumped, excited, more alive than she had ever thought possible.

"Sergio, tell me this is a big joke?" She said under her breath. But everyone clearly heard her. "Tell me you're lying. Are you mad? Why did you even bring this boy here? How dare you?"

Sergio looked at his mother, still smiling. "Mom, I love him so much."

That was all Kim needed to add the final ingredient to her anger. She felt like she was possessed. She furiously moved closer and tried to slap him. But to her surprise, she couldn't do it. She didn't know if it was because the news had taken her strength or her anger couldn't allow her. But she couldn't raise her hand.

"Are you mad? You had a wedding today, a very important event." She yelled. "You didn't show up even though you knew how important it was. Invited guests from abroad, important people in society were there and the whole country was watching. Forget about them, you kept your family waiting, your mother waiting. And you're here telling me you're married to this... this boy? How do you expect society to..."

"I don't care about people in society anymore or whatever they're going to say." Sergio said harshly, losing his smile instantly.

"You don't care about society? What about me?" She yelled, pointing angrily at herself. "What about your mother?"

Sergio felt terrible by the words used by his mother. He couldn't say a word.

"And you, you've finally succeeded in trapping my son." She was now staring at Eric, balling her fists once again. "This is what you wanted. I was right about you, wasn't I? Or maybe you're worse than I thought. I will not spare you!"

Kim raised her hand and started directing at Eric's face but the most shocking thing happened. She felt someone grip her hand and when she looked to see who it was, she got the greatest shock of her. It was her son. Kim's eyes widened as she felt someone was burning her in a furnace.

"Mom! I will not allow you to abuse my groom." He said in a tone that broke Kim. "I've brought Eric here so don't say anything to her. If you wanna say something then say it to me."

Kim felt a tear trailing down her cheek and she furiously removed her hand from her son's grip. She'd never been as hurt as she was at that time. She just kept on staring at her son, praying and hoping this joke could come to an end.

"What's this nonsense, Kimberly?" One of the women spoke, rushing to her. "What's this? Doesn't your son have any respect for your, for your friends and most of all for himself? He knew very well that it was his wedding and yet he went and married someone else, someone that he was probably having an affair with before marriage. He brought this shameless boy to..."

"Enough!" Sergio snapped, raising his finger at the woman. "You're a guest in this house so learn to respect yourself and learn to know your limit."

To say the woman was beyond shocked would be an understatement. "What?"

"I have respected you as my mother's friend but please, I don't wanna insult you and I'd appreciate it if you keep quiet."

Everyone in the living room was shocked. The man that was talking acted nothing like Sergio. Sergio never answered back and was always disrespectful. This one was totally different, someone they'd never encountered before.

"Eric and I are married, we're husband now."

"No!" Trevor wailed as he rushed to Sergio. "That's a lie. You're lying. You love me and I love you. You cannot be married to him. I know he's blackmailing you, Sergio. But I am here, your Trevor, your life. I'll save you from him."

He took Sergio's hands and began kissing them, wetting them with his tears.

"You can... can tell everyone the truth. We're all here for you, my love." He chuckled in pain. "I don't know what this bitch did to you but we'll protect you. You don't have to fear."

He laid his gaze on Eric and breathed in harshly. "You're not gonna get away with this. Sergio is mine no matter what you try to do, do you understand?"

But Eric just looked at Trevor with nothing but a smile. He didn't feel pity for him at all.

"My love, you can tell me." Trevor chuckled. "Tell us and we'll deal with him. I know you didn't come to the hall but I am not mad at you. In fact, we can go and wed right now. We'll tell everyone that you're here and our wedding will happen."

He was acting like he was insane. He held Sergio's hand tighter and was about to start taking him out when Sergio moved his hand away from him and shook his head.

"I am sorry, Trevor!" He apologized. "I didn't want it to get to this but this is the truth. I know that you're hurt right now because of what I have done. But there was no way I was gonna destroy your life. You very well know that the relationship we had in the past five years was a forced one. Most especially by our mothers. I didn't want this wedding and you knew that. You emotionally blackmailed me and my mother did too. But I...."

He paused and looked at Eric, smiling like heaven had just fallen on him. He held his hand tighter this time, feeling like crying from the joy that he felt engulf him.

"I have been in love with Eric since I saw him back at the university." He chuckled softly. "I tried my best to avoid those feelings and concentrate on my relationship with you but I couldn't do it anymore. I have given in to my feelings."

Trevor felt his strength completely leave him. He dropped to his knees, a billion tears rolling down his tears. His mouth was open but no word came out of it. What Sergio had said to him totally broke him and he felt the pain at the back of his mind like a pulse. The pain cut his mind and heart in half stinging with every breath he took. He became a shadow, a shadow of something that he was before that day.

"I will not allow it." Kim said harshly, furiously rubbing her tears. "He probably has a grudge on our family. All this was planned by him, act all innocent, become friends with you. He got close to you. He played this game of love. Why don't you understand this boy here is just using you for an unknown motive?"

"Mother, that's wrong." Eric shook his head. "I love Sergio and that's the truth."

"Wow!" One of the women actually clapped. "Mother? He's not shameless at all. He stole's man and he's got the nerves to talk."

Kim snarled. "I want this boy out right now."

"Eric won't be going anywhere." Sergio's voice rose, surprising everyone. He even held his hand tighter. "This is my house and he is my husband. It is also my life and I can do whatever I want with it."

He was slowly losing his temper. And Kim was actually shocked that that was her son talking to her in that tone.

Then he looked at the two women, Kim's friends. "I will not give you any explanation because I do not owe you any. Anyone that tries to say anything against my Eric... can take the high way." Kim's eyes widened beyond what she thought was possible. He looked at everyone that was in the living room. "And if there is anyone who is going to be leaving this house, it is going to be you all. Back to your homes. Thank you so much and have a good day."

He glanced at Eric and smiled. "Come on, baby."

He held his hand tighter and started leading him towards the stairs. Eric was smiling, happier than he'd ever dreamed of. Before reaching the stairs, he took a quick glance behind at Giada and their eyes locked. He saw defeat, pain and anger in her eyes. Then an evil grin appeared on his face and he actually winked at her. He looked away and went upstairs with his husband.

"That's it, Kimberly." The blonde lady spoke, clapping angrily. "You have insulted us a lot. Did you call us here to insult us? We came here to support our friend, rejoice with her during this period but what did you do, you insulted us. Thank you so much."

Kim couldn't even move. She was just so dumbstruck and she had tears on her face. After all these years of planning, it had been ruined by some stupid boy.

"And look at our friend, Giada!" The dark haired lady spoke, pointing towards Giada. "He didn't even apologize to her but rather insult her. What has poor Giada and her family ever done to you that you had to break her like this?"

"Aunt, please, don't blame Aunt Kimberly for this." Steve put his hands together, pleading with the women. "I am sure that Eric didn't wanna spoil this wedding. There has to be some explanation for this and..."

"He didn't wanna spoil it?" The blonde lady snapped. "So he ended the wedding itself? Wow! Very good. Well played.

"And I used to think so highly of that boy." The other spoke, chuckling bitterly. "But now I have realized that he is nothing but a home wrecker and Sergio is no difference. He allowed that boy to manipulate him and he couldn't even do anything. He didn't even think about how the boy he was about to marry would feel. What kind of human being is that, huh?"

Giada's heart was pounding so violently that she even pictured her lungs cracking. She watched as brick by brick, her entire world started crumbling in the most unexpected way. Her plans, her dreams, her power and everything that was to come with that wedding was being destroyed at a faster rate. She had touched the power and wealth, almost grabbed it but Eric had ruined everything at the last moment.

Adrenaline had already flooded her system, pumping and beating like it was trying to escape. Her eyes were wide with fear and she felt like running away from that place, ending Eric's life with her own hands but instead, she remained where she was. Her adrenaline surged so fast that she almost vomited and she felt beads of sweat trickling down her brow.

Hesitantly, her eyes looked at her son who was crying silently on the floor. Fear, pain and anger overwhelmed her body, making it drastically exhausted. She balled her fists, feeling her body begin to quiver.

"There's no excuse for whatever he's done today and I think Kim here should deal with him." One of them laughed. "She always boasts about how her children are well trained and how they'd never go against her. But she didn't even realize that one of them was having an affair right under her nose. This is so shameless."

"What did you say?" Adrianna asked harshly as she walked closer to the woman. "Why are you all talking about affairs here because I don't see any of that going on? How is it even your business if my brother married Eric or Trevor?"

To say it was shocking would be an understatement. The two women looked at each other with their eyes wide open.

"My brother is not having any affair. He's legally married and like he said, if you don't like it then you can take the high way." She pointed angrily towards the door. "I respect your age but please, you shouldn't poke your nose where it doesn't belong. And please, get out of here before I call security to throw you out."

"Kim..."

"Mom is not the one throwing you out. I am." She snapped her finger, pointing towards the door. "I'll not allow you disrespect anyone in my family so get out."

The blonde lady chuckled bitterly. "We'll leave but Kimberly, don't forget that we're your friends. You know the rules that we have as friends. We'll return and you're gonna have to answer us."

"Let's go!" Giada spoke in a painful voice. It was like she had sores on her throat.

She slowly walked past her husband who was so shocked that he hadn't uttered a word. Luckily, the two women helped get Trevor up and they left, holding him tightly. It was the most painful thing for Giada and her family. But they left.

Adrianna rushed upstairs happily while Kim remained standing there like a statue, tears rolling down her face. She had no idea the amount of anger she felt at that time. But all she knew is that she was really, really mad.

"Aunt?" Steve wrapped an arm around her, rubbing her shoulders. He even helped wipe her tears. "I know this has come as a shock to all of us, especially to you, but you need to calm down or you'll get sick."

Kim furiously looked at Steve, angrily moving away from him.

"You expect me to calm down when my son just did this to me?" She chuckled bitterly, angrily rubbing her tears. "He didn't only humiliate me but he insulted me in front of my family. He's made me a thing of mock throughout the country. And if that boy had seen the worst of me then he was dead wrong. I'll so deal with him in this house that he'll have no choice to leave my house."

She stormed out of there, cursing under her breath.

"God, what the hell is going on?" Steve sighed, hitting his brow. "I just hope Sergio knows what the fuck he is doing, otherwise, things are gonna be pretty bad."

***

The door to Sergio's room open, revealing a romantically decorated room. It was beautiful and the lighting was a little faint. There were red and pink roses on several places and the aroma in the entire room was to die for.

The bed was decorated beautifully with red flower petals and in combination with the white beddings, it looked super romantic. The red petals were made in the shape of lover. There were vanilla scented candles near the bed which made the entire room to smell like heaven.

"Welcome to my room, our room, Mr. Eric Alvarado, my beautiful groom." He said as he locked his arms tightly around his waist, slowly walking towards the bed. "I hope it is fit for an angel like you."

Eric giggled as he rubbed on those arms that were locked around his waist. He'd never felt so fulfilled in his life before. His heart was already racing and although he hadn't expected to be married that early, he wouldn't have wished for anything more.

"Sergio, come on!" He moaned. "You know that it doesn't matter that where I am as long as I am with my husband."

Sergio slowly turned Eric until they were face to face, staring into each other's eyes.

"Husband?" He chuckled nervously. "For a moment there, I thought you weren't gonna come. I lost my hopes of ever being with you. I still can't believe you're here with me, as my groom. God, this feels like a dream."

Eric leaned up and placed a soft kiss on Sergio's lips. "Does that still feel like a dream, baby?"

Sergio took in a deep breath, licking his lips. "Those lips are real, my love. Thank you for making me the happiest man alive."

***

A few hours back

*

"Eric, I love you! Why?"

Every breath felt like his last, every breath made him ache for it to be the last. His cries were loud, harsh and painful. He felt like someone had just stabbed him with a hot sword.

"I love you!"

Sergio slowly got up and slowly started rubbing his tears. He slowly picked up his jacket and started walking slowly, taking step by step. But even though he walked, he had no idea if he was gonna push through with the wedding.

"Sergio!"

Sergio almost ran in fear when he heard that voice. He slowly turned and saw him there, right behind him, the boy he'd loved so much. He was looking really beautiful, his hair blowing backwards, revealing his beautiful face.

Sergio's tears started flowing again as he looked at the smiling boiling, a smile that totally melted his heart away. He quickly rushed to him, held his hands and started kissing them. It felt like a dream but he was holding Eric and he knew it was real.

"You're finally here?"

"Yes, Sergio!" Eric chuckled softly, not losing his smile. "I am ready. I am ready to marry you. I am ready to accept you as my husband."

Sergio's world changed with those words. He gripped Eric into a hug, sobbing like a kid.

***

Present time

*

"Can I say something to you?" Eric said, his smile fading.

"Anything! I am all yours from the moment I said I do."

"I am so sorry for what had happened back there." He apologized. "You argued with your mother because of me. Sergio, the last thing I want is for you to get jinxed because of me."

"Eric..." He kissed his hands. "You're my lucky charm and I have no doubt that you'll definitely make this family happy, that you'll make me happy. I was the one that walked out of my wedding and I am the one who'll answer to anyone that asks me. For the first time, I followed my heart and I am happy with it. I don't care about what others have to say. Marriage is about two people and not a bunch of them."