Game of Love Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Kim was slowly walking on the terrace, her mind completely out of this world. She was lost and she couldn't think straight.

'Who is this person that wants to destroy me?' She thought. 'Why is he going after me? As it is, there's a lot of tension going on in my family. I am scared of going inside for fear of what I might find. I know my son will never forgive me for what I had done but I had to protect my daughter. I just hope God will understand why I did what I had to do. I am so confused!'

She slowly turned to find the greatest surprise of her life. Her brain totally shut down. She became clammy and there was a glisten of a cold sweat. Her eyes were as wide as if someone was coming to deliver the fat blow. Her heart began racing at a tremendous speed and her chest rose and fell with each harsh breath she took.

"Surprised to see me, mother?" Eric asked, raising his eyebrow. Her had his arms crossed, staring at her with a stern look.

A look of shocked surprise came into Kim's face and Eric just got pissed. Kim wanted to cry, hug Eric... but she couldn't do that. He was still alive and she'd never felt as relieved as she did at that time.

"Are you here waiting to hear the news of my death?" He asked harshly. "Well, I came to tell you that your planned, mother. I am stronger than you think and it would take God alone to kill me."

"W-what are you talking about?" She couldn't mask the fear in her voice. "Have you gone insane?"

"Oh, please!" Eric rolled his eyes. "Don't pretend like you don't know what I am talking about. I know you poisoned me this morning. You had mixed poison in my husband's pudding and made me taste it."

"Are you crazy?" Kim gasped, shaking her head. "Why would I do that?"

"Because we both know that ever since I came to this house, you've been trying to look for ways to get me out of your son's life." He yelled. "I honestly thought you were just doing it because of your love for your son. But I was wrong. You are an evil woman and...."

"Watch the way you talk to me!" Kim snapped, raising her finger at him. "I am still your husband's mother."

"Yes, I agree. You're his mother but you don't love him like one." He said with tears welling in his eyes. "A mother is a goddess. An embodiment of love, mercy, power and protection. She does all she can to protect her family at the expense of her own life. But unfortunately, some women have no qualities or any goodness in them."

"Watch the way you talk to me!" She yelled, raising her hand to slap him. But to her surprise, he caught her hand and gripped it harder, getting closer to her. Since his entrance in the house, she'd never seen that look he gave her.

"I have always respected you as my husband's mother and not for once did I think that I would lose all that respect for you." He groaned, clenching his teeth. "Ever since I came to this house, you've only seen one side me but that was what made me you take my meekness for weakness. But now, Kimberly, neither will I fear nor will I tolerate your insults in this house."

"How dare you?" Kim furiously released her hand, taking a step away from him. "Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?"

"I am Eric Alvarado and I am the son in law of this house."

"This is my house and Sergio is my son. You've got no right..."

"Well, you're just gonna have to wait and watch, Kimberly. I would have told your son exactly what you did." He barked, chuckling bitterly. "But I will not do that because I know it will hurt him to learn that his mother whom he loves with his entire heart tried to kill his husband. I am not like you. I do not take joy in seeing other people hurt."

Kim felt tears well in her eyes. She tried to fight them but nothing was working. And she had been expecting Eric to deal with her, call the police and tell her son. But he didn't do that. Right at that moment, she felt something move within her.

"You..." She raised her finger at him. "Stop talking nonsense!"

"I am the son in law of this house. It is my duty to ensure that my family is happy and secure from evil people like you. We're supposed to be happy. Living in peace and harmony." He chuckled bitterly. "But how will there be peace in our house when the woman that is suppose to be pillar is the one destroying our home. From now own, Kimberly, I am gonna be keeping an eye on you. I am not gonna let you hurt anyone else again. Are we clear here?"

Kim just stood there quietly without saying a word.

"The next time you try this, not only will I let everyone know. But I will make sure you spent your remaining years in jail."

With an angry look, he turned and walked out of there. Kim's tears couldn't hold any longer. They came flowing and she smiled through them. She had no idea why she felt happy after learning that her son in law wasn't hurt.

"Words cannot express how glad I am that you're alright, Eric!" She said under her breath, slowly rubbing her tears. "Maybe I judged you too harshly and I shouldn't have done what I did. But I am a mother after all. I had to be selfish to save my daughter. I hope one day, you'll understand why I did this."

She chuckled and started heading inside. But she only took a few steps when her phone began vibrating. It was him. She took a deep breath and answered.

'How's the mighty Kim this evening?' He mocked, laughing manically. 'How are the funeral processions and how's your son coping? I will be sending some flowers and a letter to show my deepest condo..."

"Listen, that's enough!" Kim roared, breathing like a wounded buffalo. "Whoever you are I have had enough of your games."

"Hahaha....' He laughed sinisterly. 'There's no escaping from me, Kim. I call the shots and you've got no choice but to do them. The poisoning of your son in law was just a taste of what I can do to you. And I am sure that with his death, your house has already started crumbling.'

"Hahaha..." Kim burst into laughter as if she was going insane. She laughed so hard that tears started coming out. "Is that what you think? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but Eric didn't die. He survived. As a matter of fact, he was just here a few seconds ago to..."

'Ugh!' There was a sound of something breaking on the other side of the line. 'Ugh! That's not possible. He couldn't have survived.'

"He actually did." She laughed. "He is strong boy after all and the love that he has for my son..."

'Don't you preach to me!' The man warned in a voice that sounded like thunder. 'And don't throw challenges at me because you're gonna regret it. The more you challenge me, the more my mind looks for better tricks.'

"I am not playing games with you." She seethed, gripping the phone harder. "I'll face you one day and I'll make sure you stop smiling."

'Don't make a mistake, Kim. I am more dangerous that you think.'

"What can you do, huh?" She challenged. "The worst that you could ever do, you had made me do it this morning. I am not gonna be doing anymore dirty works for you. You can do whatever you want. This is my family; my children are my life and I will not let you ruin my family. You've messed with the wrong lady."

'You won't be able to do anything. Kim, the thing is you'll only be able to do what you're ordered to do.'

"You can go to hell!"

She cut the call and threw her phone angrily to the ground. Luckily, it didn't break. But as she stared at her phone, he felt as if her lungs were slowly filling with water, as if there was just less space in them for air. Then sweat trickled down her back, free flowing like a condensation on a window pane. What if she had made a terrible mistake by talking to him like that? What if he hurt one of her children, she thought as she covered her mouth and fought her tears.

***

Sergio opened the door to his room excitedly, chuckling to himself.

"Hey, baby. I am so sorry for..."

But he trailed off and froze in the doorway, staring straight at the bed. His smiled didn't seize and his heart started beating rhythmically. He shut the door behind him and started walking towards the bed while removing his jacket. He threw it on a nearby chair and walked to the bed.

Reaching there, he knelt and just stared at Eric while his smile got even bigger. God, the boy looked so amazingly sexy and peaceful. Sergio could have sworn he was smiling. How could someone be so beautiful, he thought as he chuckled to himself.

"Wow, you must really be so tired, my love." He took Eric's hand and kissed it. "You look so peaceful and beautiful in your sleep. I Just wanna kiss you so bad right now. But I am afraid of waking you up, my love. I was kind of hoping I was gonna find you awake and then we were gonna make love."

He glanced at the watch and realized that it was only 8.pm. He knew he'd come home a little later than he had thought but never had he thought that Eric was gonna be asleep so early. He chuckled when the boy moved his sleep and his grip on Sergio's hand tightened.

"I know, my love, I am all here for you. I won't leave you. I will spend the rest of the night with you."

He took off his shirt and trousers, remaining with only a boxer brief. Then he slipped in bed with Eric and carefully moved his head to his chest while playing with his hair. The boy's breaths on his chest felt heavenly. He kissed his head, wrapped his arms tightly around him and closed his eyes. There was nothing sweeter than having his husband in his arms. Before a minute even passed, he was already fast asleep.

***

Eric moaned softly, his hands moving across the bed as if he was searching for something. He moved them all over but couldn't feel anything. He quickly opened his eyes to find that his husband wasn't in bed. There was a sign that someone had slept in that bed with him but he couldn't see him.

His eyes glanced all around as he slowly rose, stretching his arms and yawning softly. It was morning and he felt better than he had felt before he slept the previous night. He'd been feeling dizzy and weak. He'd gone to sleep early because he didn't want his husband finding out what had happened.

"Baby? My love." He called with a sexy moan. "Where are you? Are you in the bathroom? Sergio, I wanted to tell you that..."

But he trailed off when he glanced at the table beside his bed. There was a tray of covered food with a beautiful red flower. Beside it was a small note. He quickly grabbed it and started reading.

'I am so sorry, honey. By the time you'll see this, I won't be with you there. I wanted to wake you up but how could I when you look so beautiful. I went early to the office because we're receiving some goods that need my attention. Love you to bits. I will return soon.'

A smile popped up Eric's face as he held the note closer to his heart, taking a deep breath.

"I love you too, my handsome husband." He said under his breath. "And when you come back home, a beautiful surprise will be waiting for you."

He took the flower and held it closer to his nose. It smelt heavenly and took him places he hadn't expected to be that morning. How he wished he'd been with his husband that morning. It would have made everything so beautiful. They would have made love, kissed and just enjoyed themselves.

Eric took a deep breath, putting everything back on the tray. He got up and went to shower before enjoying his husband's specially prepared breakfast.

***

"Do as I have told you." Kim said to the beautiful maid that was standing in front of her. "My son left early this morning without having anything. Make sure you cook everything deliciously. I will come and make the stew and his favourite pudding."

"Yes, ma'am!" She slowly bowed. "I will do exactly as you have said."

"Good. Go and start then!" Kim smiled brightly. "I will join you as soon as..."

"There's no need for that." A voice spoke, getting the attention of both women in the living room.

Kim slowly turned and found Eric coming towards her with a stern look, tying his hair into a knot. He looked hot that morning in a black skinny jean with a pink shirt that was folded at the sleeves. He looked better than she had seen him that evening.

"You can go back to doing other things." He instructed the maid. "I will be cooking my husband's food. I don't want..." He paused and glanced at Kim. "...anything to go wrong. Besides, I think he will love the food prepared by his husband's hands."

The maid smiled, slowly bowing. "I agree, sir! Excuse me!"

She left quickly. Kim and Eric remained there glaring at each other like enemies that had met after a long time. Kim's eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. Eric knew that look very well. She was angry but he simply didn't care.

"How dare you insult me in front of my maid, Eric?" She snapped, raising her finger. "Whom do you think you are to go against my orders?"

"Well, last time I checked, mother in-law..." He paused and crossed his arms. "...Sergio is my husband and I have every right to change any decisions made for him. Even by you. And besides, we don't want any little accident to happen to him, like poisoning, do we?"

Kim clenched her fists, her jaws shaking like a leaf. She was so pissed that she felt irritated that she had even thought Eric was good boy. He was a mess.

"And what are you implying? Do you think I would poison my own son?" She snarled. "I love him so much and..."

"But not as much as I love him!" Eric chuckled bitterly, chirping. "You know, that's the difference between the two of us. I love him to the point where I am willing to sacrifice everything for him. But your love is toxic and I will not put his life in danger or anyone else in this house. Don't think that I have forgotten what you did to me yesterday." He slightly raised his voice. "And I will not let you forget it either. The only reason you're still standing here is because of your son. I don't wanna hurt him by telling him that his mother is a murderer."

Kim chuckled bitterly, feeling a storm forming inside of her. "Am I supposed to thank you? I am glad, you won't have to pretend to be nice now. I know this marriage is nothing but a façade to you."

"It doesn't matter what you think or what your opinion is." He shook his head. "Get one thing straight, Kimberly. I am not gonna let you succeed in whatever plan you have against me or anyone in this house. I will not let you do what you did to me to anyone else. I am gonna be the one looking after this house now. And also remember that you're only here because of me. I can have you arrested just like that." He snapped his finger in her face. "So, if I were you, I would be thanking me."

Burning rage hissed through Kim's body like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted anger. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off her like ferocious waves. She groaned and stormed out of there cursing under her breath.

Eric took a deep breath as he watched her.

'I am so sorry, mother, but I have to do this. I don't know why you did what you did yesterday but I feel like there's some external force.' He thought. 'I know you hate me but I also know you're not capable of murder. And this is the only way for me to find out the truth.'

***

Giada was standing in the room with little lighting, staring at the pacing man. He was mad and she could feel the anger emanating from him. She was quietly looking at him, feeling nervous herself. She was yet to recover from her husband's death.

"Will you please calm down?" She sighed. "We need to think of something quick."

"Calm down, you say?" The man growled. "I thought that woman was gonna be in so much fear that she was gonna back down coyly. But she is fighting back with me. She has got the nerves to threaten me."

"Well, Kim is one hell of a lady." Giada sighed, chuckling softly. "She is not one to back down so easily or to go down without a fight. I can assure you right now that she is thinking of something to finally know who we are. But I wouldn't be so worried about her. It's Eric that is a threat in that house. The fact that he survived the poison is what scares me a lot."

"You're right. And it looks like Kim got back her strength from that." He groaned, pushing everything from the table angrily. "No one has ever survived that poison. And my fear right now is that the boy has probably gotten suspicious. If he starts his investigations, it won't be long before he finds out the truth."

"And he will." Giada sounded like she was scared. In fact, she was more than scared. "We need to take care of him. You should instruct Giada to eliminate him as soon as possible."

"I am afraid I can't do that." The man sighed, sitting back on the chair. Giada still couldn't see him because he was in the dark. "Giada has started retaliating. I have got a plan of eliminating Eric once and for all. I have my thugs on the look out for him. The moment they spot him, they'll carry out the execution. But it won't be easy."

"How about we use Sergio to lure him out or one of his family members?"

"Eric is very smart. That'll be the biggest mistake we'll make. A boy who owns the biggest company in the entire continent is bound to be dangerous. I cannot use Sergio because that will be game over for us."

"Then what?" She hit her forehead, raising her shoulders in a half shrug. "We can't just leave things the way they are."

"Don't worry about anything, Giada." He chirped, putting his legs on the table. "It's about time I give her a test of what I can do. That way, she'll come back to her senses."

An evil grin appeared on Giada's face. She couldn't wait to exact her revenge.

***

Kim was seated by her window, enjoying her latest novel. After everything that had happened, she just needed to relax and forget about all her troubles. She had spent the entire day in her room because she didn't wanna argue with Eric. She was feeling better and the entire day, she hadn't received any threats or blackmail. Maybe the blackmailer had given up after their conversation the previous night.

But suddenly, Kim heard her phone ringing. She rolled her eyes when she saw that it was the same private number that always calls her. She sighed, getting up from her chair.

"Speak!" She answered rudely.

'I must say that you've been very courageous, Kimberly! Why's that?'

"I've always been courageous." She laughed. "And I have just had about enough of your stupid games. I have also realized that you're nothing but a psychopath and I have no reason to fear you."

'Mind your tongue!' He warned. 'Last time I made your son in law taste a dose of death but now I fear that one of your children might suffer the consequence of your tongue lashing.'

"Stop threatening me!" She yelled, letting out a harsh breath. "I won't be scared of your false threats. You get that? What are you going to do? Are you gonna expose my secret or you're gonna make me poison my son in-law again? Why don't you go ahead if you truly have any evidence? I used to be afraid of you but now I am not afraid of you anymore. Do whatever you want."

The man laughed manically. 'Those were just samples. You've got no idea what you're about to face soon.'

"And what's that? You're gonna kill me. If you have balls face me, mano-womano. And then we'll see exactly which of the two of us is stronger. You're a worthless man, who plays childish games of hide and seek."

'Enough!' He snapped, breathing like a monster in a cave. 'You think I have got time for your nonsense? Why don't you go downstairs and find out if truly I am playing with you?'

With those words, the call cut leaving Kim speechless. Suddenly, she got very scared because she thought she might have gone too far. She took a deep breath and started rushing downstairs. As soon as she reached the living room, she saw her son entering the house holding his jacket and with shirt folded at the sleeves.