Game of Love Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But what do you want us to do?" She yelled followed by a sob. "We have to report this because... because..."

"Think about it, my love." David reached her hand and held it tightly. "If we report this to the police, it will be all over. There will be a scandal and we'll lose everything we have. We'll lose our business, our business partners and our investors. It will paralyze me in the business world. I can't risk it. We need to somehow get rid of this body."

"David? What are you saying to me?" She yelled, releasing her hand. "If you didn't kill her then what are you so scared of? Let's..."

"Listen!" He cupped her face, staring into her eyes. "Look at me and tell me you believe me. You know me and what I am capable of. What would I gain from killing her? I would never hurt her. Please, believe me."

He gave her a soft kiss on the lips, one that melted her very being. That was all that was needed to convince her. They got rid of the body and decided to keep it a secret. The next day, there were reports about her body being found in the river. She had committed suicide.'

***

Present day

*

Eric covered his mouth in shock, trying to prevent anyone from hearing his pants. He silently gripped a metal bar that was near him, trying to calm himself down. He couldn't believe what he had just heard, another son. Sergio's father had been married before and he had another son, Sergio's brother.

Kim had totally lost her senses. Just as she began to feel the sweat that she was covered in, she felt something cold grip her arm. She gasped, literally jumping. She just came face to face with Jayden, staring into his angry piercing brown eyes that stared into her very soul.

"You stole my mother's love and then killed her."

"No!" She wailed, shaking her head. "I didn't kill your mother. I know what I did was wrong and nothing can ever make things right but I didn't kill her. Your mother drank poison and..."

"Liar!" He screamed, pushing her to the floor with a thud. "You're a liar! My mother had left something for me and she said if she didn't return then... you had done something to her. Both of you killed her."

"No!" Kim cried, heart pumping, head spinning and lungs bursting. "I didn't kill anyone. She drank poison and... and..."

Jayden was red in the face with fury and his anger was brewing like a storm out at sea. His fists were clenched and he had tears of anger in his eyes.

"Long ago, my mother didn't say anything but I am back now. I am thirsty for blood. And I want revenge!" He shouted venomously. "Even God knows that you're gonna pay for your sins, Kim. You separated a son from his father, a wife from her husband. I will take everything that you cherish away from you including your husband's illegitimate son!" He yelled.

Kim's voice suddenly went and she stopped crying. She thought her heart was gonna explode and her eyes were wide, letting in every ounce of the light in that building. Once again, fear found her. It spoke to her in its crackling voice. It told her stomach to lurch and her heart to ache.

"Wow!" Jayden clapped, chirping as he knelt in front of the woman. "Why do you seem like you've seen a ghost? I have been doing my research and I know that Sergio is not your biological son. He is your husband's bastard."

Back where Eric was hiding, a tear streamed down his cheek. His palms became sweaty and the adrenaline coursing down his system was shutting down his ability to think logically.

"I know very well that 27 years ago, one of my father's bitches died while giving birth." He laughed in a curt voice. "You received a call from the hospital and mistakenly answered father's phone. That was how you found out about your husband's newborn illegitimate son. You were broken, weren't you, Kim? You felt betrayed and you almost left him. But your greed led you to accepting the child although you so wanted to kill him. That's the secret you've been protecting from him all these years. The very reason why you poisoned your son in law."

Colour drained from her face as she stared at the man. She tried to open her mouth but no word came out. On the other hand, Eric wanted to come out but he knew that was gonna be silliest thing ever. He was so shocked he couldn't breathe properly.

"You're afraid, Kim. You're afraid of losing him. You know that if he finds out, he's gonna leave you just like that." He snapped his finger in her face making her tremble. "But I am back and I will destroy you until you beg for death."

"P-p-please." Her voice was barely above a whisper. "I am begging you. Do not hurt my children or anyone in my family. Please!" She rose and stared at Giada who was looking back at her with an evil grin. "Giada, you love my son and you know that he's got nothing to do with this. Yes! I agree that what I did was evil but... but... but they're innocent. Take my life instead but leave them alone."

"And why would I do that when I can enjoy watching you suffer?" The man laughed, opening his arms. "Today I am back and I will take my rights back."

He furiously extended his hand to Giada and she got out some papers from a bag, handing it over to him. He then handed them to Kim who was just staring at them.

"Now sign these papers!" He instructed, losing his smile. "Right fucking now!"

Kim hesitantly took the papers with the pen. "W-what are these for?"

"None of your fucking business!" He answered rudely. "Now sign!"

Kim set her gaze on the papers and the moment she saw what was written on them, her strength totally left her. She abruptly looked at the man, shaking her head.

"Power of attorney papers?" She gasped. "I cannot sign this. I won't. There's no way..."

"You think I am joking!" He snapped, grabbing the gun from Giada.

He angrily cocked it and fired at Kim but making sure he didn't get her. The bullet whizzed over Kim's head and she screamed in fear, dropping to the floor. Her heart beat in her chest, pounding, banging, trying to get out. She was wet with sweat and the buzzing sound in her ear didn't make things any better for her.

Eric who was hiding felt the tension grow within him. He felt the soft panic that could grow or fade depending on what he did next. He could feel the pulse pounding in his temples. What he had found out was pretty shocking but he also knew Kim's life was in danger. Whatever he had heard about the man, he knew was dangerous. He wanted to go near, take the man by surprise and help Kim. But when he was about to, he suddenly realized that there were some thugs that were hidden in the dark, right behind Kim and the man. He couldn't risk his life or Kim's.

"Sign it or I swear to God, I'll kill you right after I make you watch your children's deaths."

He gave an evil grin, chirping. Right now, there's a man outside your house waiting for just one call from me. If I call him, he'll bomb your house to the ground with your precious daughter, son and son in law with it."

Eric's heart stopped. "Sergio!" He muttered.

He clenched his fists tightly and decided. He needed to save his husband because the man definitely wasn't jokingly. Slowly and quietly, he got out of the building and started running towards his car. He felt as though his blood were on fire. His limbs were moving on their own.

Meanwhile, back inside...

"Sign it or I will..."

"Please, don't do that."

Kim quickly took her the pen from the floor and signed every page that needed her signature. She knew it was a mistake but she had to save her son. She sat on the floor, sobbing uncontrollable.

Jayden took the papers and laughed as he went through them. "Do you know what you've done, Mrs. Kimberly Alvarado, you've just signed your life to me. Now watch how I destroy your life and your family. I will make you rue the day you met my father. Now it's your turn to suffer..."

The man laughed manically together with Giada, looking down on the poor woman. Giada couldn't believe it. Finally, she had gotten what she wanted. There was only one thing left to do. The two of them laughed like it was the last thing they were gonna do.

Could this be it?

***

Eric had his foot on the accelerator, his hands firmly gripped on the driving wheel. Distance was all that mattered. Eric wasn't stopping for anything and he sure as hell wasn't taking his foot off the gasp for a little rain or showers that hit his glass shield.

'I know very well that 27 years ago, one of my father's bitches died while giving birth.' That voice rang in his head and he added on the speed. 'I have been doing my research and I know that Sergio is not your biological son. He is your husband's bastard.

There's a man outside your house waiting for just one call from me. If I call him, he'll bomb your house to the ground with your precious daughter, son and son in law with it.'

He had his eyes on the room, his lights were at full beam. Shit! He was still far away from his house and at that moment he wished he had power of flight. He quickly took out his phone to call his husband. He didn't know what he was gonna say or how he was gonna break the news to him, but he just dialled his number.

"Suck!" He cursed when it cut without ringing. "Why?" He hit the driving wheel harder, making the call honk severally.

He dialled the number again and fortunately, it began ringing and so did the racing of his heart. He was thinking of what to say when all of a sudden, a really powerful light shone on him from the side window. He decided to take a glance to see what was going on but he found a huge track charging at him from the side.

Before he even had time to react, the truck hit his car with such an impact that it went flying off the road and down the hillside. It began rolling and flipping violently down the slope, hitting trees along the way. Eric's body jerked forward, his forehead colliding with the driving wheel. He soon tasted coppery blood pooling in his mouth.

He hit his forehead on the driving wheel again, this time harder and he lost consciousness. The car flipped so many times before stopping. There was an explosion, a ball of flame and a fist of gray smoke. The car had burst into flames.

Could this be the end?

To be continued...

***

Thanks guys for reading this chapter to the very end and all the love you've shown for me. Please, don't forget to drop your comments and rates. Just a 2 more chapters and we'll wrap this up. I'll trap to update as soon as I can. I just hope you understand.