All Comments on 'Gaming: D&D Pt. 03'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
TheBaneOfHeroesTheBaneOfHeroesover 6 years ago
More!

I need more of this! Your writing is exceptional as always I can't wait to read the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story!

Great story! I'm hooked and keep checking daily for a new chapter.

Besides being a great literotica story, it shows a great side to D&D which I find wonderful being a D&D player who went through the stigmata of people thinking it was evil and I was doing evil things. 5 Stars!

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Enjoying this story!

It's interesting seeing the differences in experiences growing up with D&D. I guess I was lucky - I started playing D&D before the backlash, and was in the military (still playing D&D and other rpgs) by the time the uproar tarnished nerdy gaming, so I never got the 'social outcast' or 'crazy demon-lover' labeling that later D&Ders got. I do remember being an outsider for my gaming, but I was a band nerd already so I had my nerd niche. Though I was on the swim team as a high school senior, so I've actually got a letter for my jacket (I grew up in Hawaii, where swimming is common, and I'd been doing red cross and other swimming stuff since kindergarten. I wasn't a dedicated swimmer, I was somebody who swam all the time anyway, and so I got on the team one year and did okay).

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome writing!

I really enjoy you writing! As a Jock/Nerd hybrid I am a older version of Ian myself so this is fun to read. Really hope he figures out that Par is the right one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excelent!!

Can’t wait for more!

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 6 years ago
Glad this is continuing

I was disappointed at the abrupt and downbeat ending to chapter 2. It seemed you had given up and just wrote a quick ending where everything falls apart and that's that. I am also a role player also and can identify with a lot of this series. Especially with the statement you made about players getting more sophisticated as time goes on. Except we "graduated" from D&D to other RPGs.

I would like to see Ian find a real girlfriend through the group, whether it's Parvani or someone else. It wouldn't be the first time a friend loses weight and braces and gets contact lenses and the outside catches up to the beauty within.

MaximguyMaximguyover 6 years ago
Nailed it.

You described every scenario I’ve had playing D&D. Derek’s infatuation with Samarai RP makes me LoL. It also reminded me of this guy I gamed with who all he wanted was a chain lighting crossbow for his fighter. Only difference is I never had girls play of course.

Heck I even remember my church warning us about it. Not the demonology part. They were more concerned about giving “complete power to the DM”, when clearly that’s only for Jesus.

Another winner story. Thanks!

fafhrd09fafhrd09over 6 years ago
Enjoying the narrative

This is the first set of chapters in an story where the sex is a distraction.

I learned how to play D&D in 1976 from the white box set and Judges Guild, Light bless them. I am finding the social dynamics, the characterizations, and so forth very entertaining - a combination of nostalgia and sympathy. I remember talking with my parents about the "satanic influence" years, pointing out that the clerics were (essentially) non-denominational Christians casting prayer magic similar to Saints invoking miracles, and that the players fought evil, not promoted it,

Good times, good times.

Fgreen79029Fgreen79029about 2 years ago

I am annoyed that I have to return to the author's "works" page to find the next installment. Surely a little DB management is in order?

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Another well-written chapter, with this one reminding me of Law and Order’s “ripped from the headlines” focus. So many people during this period were focused on the “evil” of the game, how it was creating Satan- or demon-worshippers, and how players were acting out their fantasies in university steam tunnels and such. You did a great job with Ian’s presentation to Parvani’s dad, but I liked the development of friendships in the story even more, particularly Par’s interest in the game and how it brings her and Ian closer together. Very well done, another 5* effort.

.

On the reading side, this story series cries out to be a candidate for Lit’s new series option, which allows one to link the chapters together to help the reader follow it when they failed to be linked when published. Doing so would help future readers find the next chapter more easily.

KnightofmindKnightofmind6 months ago

Please? Try to post these stories so that one can go to the next chapter without having to revisit the main page. You are a prolific author on the sight and scrolling repetitivly to select the next tale becomes a bit of a chore when reading before bed of an evening, my preference.

That said, you have a genuine talent and are crafting a rather charming and unique tale here. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...