All Comments on 'Garage Sale'

by countrycal

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
shmueltzvishmueltzviover 18 years ago
When's The Next Sale?

I want to be there. Let me know of the next garage sale like that. I'll be there... no matter how far to get there.

What a story! Beautiful! BRAVO!

Thank you for great reading!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Romance for baby boomers

A very well written tale, with appreciation love and acceptance to both the good qualities and the shortcomings of these real life characters. You are sending me smiling back to bed.

–Please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nicely crafted

I had to wipe away a small tear beacuse it was so beautiful. Having lost my wife 18 months ago I can only hope for a situation like this the next time I go to a garage sale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

Great story!

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Oh that was so good

Sarah and Cal are very lucky people. Hope you write more about them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sweet

that was surprisingly sweet at the end.

klaxxklaxxover 16 years ago
Beautiful, again

You are a very talented writer. I am touched by your fine work, and look forward to reading more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:)

I liked the honesty in your character admitting to his weakness.. we all stumble at times.. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Loved it. This is the third I've read of yours and I won't send comments after I've read the others but I really like your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Life as it should be

A lovely tale of widows/ widowers gaining a new life. No wonder I enjoyed it so, having recently entered such a state in my own life.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 13 years ago
Excellent

I loved it. Sweet and gently. DIdn'thave to suspend belief at all. First of yours I've read. I'll go through the lot.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 8 years ago
I'm a Believer

Situations like this incredibly romantic script do happen in real life. In the last three months I met an 81 yr old Lady at the gym; I noticed her exercise motions in the shallow end of the pool seemed to follow a pattern a professional dancer would practice in front of a wall of mirrors. I introduced my self and learned she only months before lost her husband to an accident. Since then we exchanged "meetings and dinner" to similarly learn about her loss and 'stories' very close to your loving story. She is still a fine specimen of her former days as a Playboy bunny, and continues to share her love for her current "admirer". Thanks for your posted material. I will share this with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

What a despicable piece of shit this guy was. Yeah, sure, he fesses up and apologized later, but it was really too little too late. What a creep!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Perhaps...

Perhaps he was despicable, however, he grew over the course of the story and did the right thing. Stories are about overcoming adversity in whatever way it appears. Sometimes people, men and women alike, do things that are less than honorable for various different reasons. Would it have been Sarah's right to wash her hands of him? Sure, but it most definitely is also her right to see past the weakness to the man beyond.

5 stars here. Four from me and one to make up for the prior comment.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

This story could have gone either way and could have ended so differently. His actions were despicable but he realized it and eventually came clean. On the other hand, it was actually quite late, but Sarah showed she was capable of forgiveness, too, and the result was a very good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There was another story very similar to this, that ended up with the implication of him getting to also hook up with the daughter. Was that one of yours? Or did someone else just write something very similar?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a beautiful premus for a story. Well done and proofed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent Story absolutely excellent . . .

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 1 month ago

Wonderful story but Old Cal was a first-class prick in this one...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous