Genie Chronicles Summertime Saga Ch. 00

Story Info
Prologue of a fanic of the popular game, Summertime Saga.
1.9k words
4.51
7.3k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BebopJet
BebopJet
767 Followers

Author's Note: This is a work of fanfiction based on the extremely popular video game, Summertime Saga, by DarkCookie.. As some of my readers know, I'm a huge fan of the 'Sex Genie' trope and rather than finish my original Genie Chronicles: Make a Wish story, I started up a fanfic using the same mechanics.

First and foremost, I do plan on finishing Make a Wish at some point in the future. I'm about halfway done with that story, and I'm already over halfway done with this story. I will start publishing my finished chapters on Genie Chronicles: Summertime Saga, but please refrain from comments yelling at me to finish Make a Wish.

If you enjoy the overall plotline and characters in this story I highly recommend you play Summertime Saga. It's completely free, though it's still a work in progress. Also, please keep in mind that the game does not have a Sex Genie in it, that's my contribution to the story for this fanfic. So please don't yell at DarkCookie about where the Sex Genie is.

Finally, this is the prologue, so there is no sex in this chapter, but every chapter after this tends to have at least two sex scenes. So please don't give this a low score just because there isn't a sex scene. Chapter 1 will begin sexy times.

TLDR: Story is based on a game. Game doesn't have a genie. Prologue doesn't have sex. I will finish Make a Wish later.

Prologue: A Funeral and a Cube

The rain was heavy during an overcast morning in Summerville, yet despite the inclement weather many of the small beach community were gathered at a lone hilltop where Richard Cross was being lowered into the ground. The priest overseeing the funeral droned on about scripture, but Michael Cross wasn't listening. He was thankful for the rain so his friends wouldn't see his tears streaking down his face as his eyes remained firmly locked on his own feet. Somehow, Michael thought if he saw it happening, if he saw his father's casket go into the dirt, then it would all be too real. The young man, barely 18 years of age, was holding out some form of cognitive dissonance, refusing to acknowledge that he'd never see his father's face again once he was buried.

Finishing Richard's last rights, the priest motioned for the casket to be covered in dirt while Michael continued to stare intently on his shoes, focusing all of his energy on ignoring the passing moment. Within the crowd Debbie felt her own tears run blending in with the rain, but rather than watch the casket her eyes were glued to Michael, feeling the weight of his immense sorrow.

"How much longer do we need to be here?"

"Jenny! Hush, someone might hear you." Debbie hissed to her daughter. Normally she'd just ignore Jenny's shitty attitude, but making such a selfish comment at her friend's funeral infuriated her.

"He's not really going to live with us, is he?"

"Of course he is. He's got nowhere else to go."

"Will he pay rent?"

"Apparently Richard didn't really have any money to leave. He was deeply in debt when he died. I don't think Michael has a penny to his name."

"Great, so we're taking in a hobo then." Jenny scoffed dismissively.

Debbie swung her attention back to Michael, refusing to acknowledge her daughter's tantrum anymore. People had started rising to leave, but she noticed Michael was still in his seat, refusing to move. Looking over, Debbie caught Diane's eye for a moment, causing her friend to come over as everyone else exited the funeral.

"Poor kid. Are you really taking him in?" Diane asked, looking uncomfortably tight in a formal black dress that clung to her body from the rain. Debbie knew she wasn't doing much better in her older black dress that she hadn't worn for years as well. In fact, now that she thought about it, the last time both Diane and Debbie wore these dresses, it was for the funeral of Michael's mother.

"He's got nowhere else to go, and Richard was a good friend."

"You're a good person Debbie, just don't let your daughter be too much of a bitch to the poor kid."

"Diane!"

"You know what I'm talking about. The last thing Michael needs is her being a brat to him about everything."

"You're right, and Jenny's been an only child all her life. I've spoiled the shit out of her, but after Donald left she was all I had."

"Well now you have Michael too. Hope you ladies are prepared to find the toilet seat up from time to time now. It's been a while since you've had a man living under your roof."

"He better not, I'm not sharing a bathroom with him." Jenny suddenly declared, looking up from her cell phone. "Get in the car Debbie, it's pissing rain." She complained as she ran to the car.

"Classy gal you got there Debra."

"Oh shush you."

Debbie walked over to Michael as he remained seated and soaked in the rain.

"Michael, honey, are you ready to leave?"

At first he didn't say anything and Debbie was worried he would make a scene, much like her daughter would in the same situation. Instead, Michael slowly rose, turned to Debbie, and hugged her closely, weeping into her shoulder.

Her heart broke for the boy and all she could do was pat his head gently. "It's okay Michael, you're coming home with us. It might not be the home you're used to, but it's your home nonetheless."

The ride back to her house was thankfully quiet as Jenny appeared completely absorbed in her phone while Michael looked out the window, his eyes too lost to even roam.

Parking the car, Debbie led Michael upstairs to the room she set aside for him, across from Jenny's. She felt bad that he'd be regularly exposed to her tantrums and almost thought about putting him in the basement, but it wasn't finished yet and wasn't suitable for someone to sleep in.

"I know your house is being foreclosed and most of your dad's stuff is being repossessed, but we were able to get your belongings out in time and moved here. Nothing's unpacked yet, so make what you will of the room Michael, just put the boxes out with the recycling when you're done.

"Thank you, Debbie."

"I'll have something ready for dinner later tonight, and I often cook breakfast in the morning, if Jenny can wake her broke-butt up in time to eat." Debbie teased with a grin.

"I heard that!" Jenny shouted from her room across the hall.

Debbie and Michael shared a snicker at Jenny's outburst, and it was the first time she'd seen the young man laugh.

"I'll leave you alone for now, just let me know if you need anything."

The door closed as Debbie left, leaving Michael in a room full of boxes, an empty wooden computer desk, and an unmade mattress. He began unpacking his stuff, using it as an excuse to keep his mind busy and his hands occupied. It didn't take long until the room looked like a real bedroom. His computer was set up, despite not being functional due to a fried video card, and his clothes were all put away in the dresser Debbie had in the room for him to use. He even put a few posters on the wall and got his telescope setup next to the window.

After an hour had passed of unpacking Michael felt more at ease with the space. He opened the last box to pull out his skateboard and a few books, but as he sorted through the stuff he found something he wasn't familiar with. A small cube of some kind, with moving pieces like a rubik's cube, but older and rustic. It was made with wood plates and brass lining the edges. Despite its apparent age and wear the sections moved fluidly, easily clicking into place as he manipulated the odd device.

"Where the hell did this come from?"

Looking into the box, Michael found a sticky note that must have fallen off the cube, written in his father's handwriting.

'For Michael'

It was only two words written on a yellow sticky note, but it was enough to send a fresh flood of tears down his face as his hands worked furiously over the cube. Knowing it was from his father spurred Michael's determination to solve the puzzle box, even though he knew it would be an empty victory. Nothing would bring him back.

Minutes turned to hours as Michael kept working at the puzzle. It was difficult because the cube used fractions of images rather than colors to match up on the 6 sides. Not knowing what the finished pictures should look like left Michael in confusion for a while till he had an idea.

Pulling out an old polaroid camera that belonged to his dad, Michael paused a moment to ponder the camera's purpose as he'd never seen a polaroid picture in his father's house before. Deciding that was a quandary for another time, Michael took pictures of each side of the cube. Waiting till the pictures cooled down Michael then carefully cut each box of each side out of the pictures, leaving his room a mess of small fragments of images. From there it was a simple matter of shuffling them around, trying various combinations, until 6 unique and distinct images formed on his floor, each composed of cut out pieces from the polaroid pictures.

Michael was smiling, happy he had solved the first piece of the puzzle just as a soft knock at his door disrupted his focus.

"Michael, do you want some diner?"

"Sorry, no Debbie. I'm fine."

A pause hung heavy in the air for a moment before Debbie spoke again.

"I'll leave something in the frig for you if you get hungry dear."

"Thank you, Debbie. I appreciate it."

Michael knew Debbie believed he didn't want to eat out of grief, and there was some truth to that, but really he just wanted to solve the damn puzzle. The images formed by the pieces on the floor were confusing as Michael looked them over. Each appeared to be a different woman holding the same pose, kneeling on the floor with her hands in her lap. It's why Michael had such trouble with the cub to begin with, since the pictures were so closely matched. In one image the woman wore silk garments and she had short cut hair with heavy breasts. In another image her hair was longer and her outfit was more revealing. Each was distinct in appearance but had the same general pose and demeanor.

"Okay, so now I know what I'm working with..."

Using his cellphone since his computer was fried, Michael looked up the universal algorithm for solving rubik's cubes. He knew that there was a method to solve rubik's cubes based on the color, or in this case image, in the corner of the cube. He'd seen YouTube videos of people solving them super faster and that led him to read up on how to do it, reading up about the process. It took some trial and error since the lack of colors was still throwing him off, but eventually at about 1am in the morning, Michael snapped the last piece into place, finishing all 6 images on the cube.

"Finally...what the fuck?"

Purple smoke poured from the lines in the cube in Michael's hands, quickly filling the space around him. Panic coursed through his veins and his first instinct was to yell out, but his body suddenly felt sluggish and unable to respond. His eyes fluttered as consciousness became fleeting, and the last thing Michael saw was a form on the floor of his room, kneeling before him...

BebopJet
BebopJet
767 Followers