All Comments on 'Getting Even'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I thought Bill was kind of childish when he destroyed the letter. Not a bad story otherwise.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

@anon - your degree of empathy to the victim here is overwhelming. He doesn't need to get his questions answered **from a biased, lying, self-serving source who will say anything to make herself feel and look better**. I get it that you hate men so you wish him to die alone in pain. Thanks for showing your disgusting, psychi, man-hating colours.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. But burning the letter is childish. Sorry. She died. Yes she cheated. That letter is thr only way to get any questions answered, and a deathbed confession has a good chance of being accurate. Besides the email trail was vague and Phil saw them once. It isn't hard to believe the predator Roger seduced her with alcohol. Having it taint everything he remembers about their many years together (assuming it was a one time slip and she is already dead) is just cutting off his own nose to spite his face. Seriously read the letter. Or die alone in pain. It is that simple. At least Marilyn convinced him (to some extent).

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pointless rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story ruined by the ending

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Even better the 2nd time around! Full Marks 5 - Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Gotta grade the composition aspects as very well sone; all the bells and whistles that a Writers' Workshop would dictate for quality writing are there, so kudos on that. Ditto the character development.

As for the plot, well...the schematic was guaranteed to stir up serious attitude perspectives whichever way it was interpreted, and what else can a serious writer wish for? So kudos on that aspect as well.

Personally, I differ from all the reviewers I've perused in that I simply have to give EVERY character--especially Emily--the right to be human and make mistakes which do not negate the vast majority of their lives. How many of us have done something when our brains are impaired with alcohol or drugs which we totally regret when we regain our "filters" of right and wrong? (He who is without sin, cast the first stone..." etc. etc.

Existentialists say we are the sum total of our life's experiences. By that yardstick Emily was waaay over on the positive side of life; but it was written to present the plot the author wished. And written well.

Thank you, and more please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Bahhumug

were_wolfwere_wolf9 months ago

Never forgive a cheater, ever.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@anon and what LE needs, is to separate LW stories into 4 categories: "real LW" (ones without cheating and literal meaning of "loving" - my favorite LW stories), "cheating+consequences" (BTB and lesser consequences), "cuck" (where the guy is erotically into it, OR 'luuuuuves' her and can't leave without the cheating ass and ignores the cheating) and "cheating+reconciliation" (where MC forgives the cheater but not unconditionally). This way people can just skip categories they hate, be they BTB, cuck or reconciliation, leading to far less strife and conflict, and more satisfaction for both readers and writers

inka2222inka22229 months ago

I must say I'm disappointed at story's low score (though given this writer mostly writes about swinging, not surprised - perhaps their usual readers don't see cheating as a problem)

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Eh? The ending is right there, and quite nice one. She was denied a chance to give her stupid excuses, the guy lost wife, kids and money in the divorce, and main character is FREE, not forced to either lose his income and assets, OR have to live with a cheater, because Karma put paid to her making him free to find female company that appreciates him.

The only garbage part was calling the callous bitch of a cheating enabler "dear friend". I mean yes she was a friend to the wife, NOT to him. Yes she gave useful advice (at this time, for his mental well being, letting go was healthier than keeping the anger in), but as far as she was concerned, she didn't do it for MC, she did it to make herself and the spirit of her dead cheater friend feel better.

Wish he got to fuck Chelsea - not for fun but for extra revenge value.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would say Literotica needs a New Category Called No f---ing Ending! It seems a Majority of the stories here would fall under that Category.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Rightfully denied the dead cheater her say, deathbed confessions are a horrible transferral of responsibility onto the survivor. Revenge beautifully done.

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

Good story, until the end. Most people would be pissing on the cheating bitch's grave whenever possible. 2 stars for the wuss at the end.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevelabout 1 year ago

I agree with those who say forgiveness is for the forgiver's benefit, not the transgressor's. That's demonstrably true. But him not giving her a chance to explain was also for his benefit. He refuses to entertain her excuses. He knows in his heart he has adhered to his standard. Why did she do it? She is unlikely to tell the truth and may not even know it herself. Women always think talking makes things better, but some acts stand alone, they require no interpretation. Why did she do it? Because she wanted to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What was written in the letter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF Forgive the cheating bitch, what for she got what she Deserved, Karma is a bitch some times. He was lucky enough to get his rightful revenge too!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I didn't have a gut feeling on how to grade this story.

So, I didn't

No offense SWINGERJOE

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The job isn’t done! The enablers need to pay also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God, you really stirred the pot with this one. Though there were those of us that would have loved to read her excuse for infidelity, remember there are also those of us that might have caused it reading this too. Marilyn was right; there are always two side to every story. Try writing a story where the hero caused a wife to be unfaithful to her husband, over and over because of what the hero does to her. That will probably get you as many bad complaining comments. Since you can't win with readers, just keep writing. You're good!!

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lot of cowardly anons who don't seem to understand that forgiveness is for the wronged to move on, not for the sinner to feel less guilty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another disgusting story about forgiving the unforgivable.

Just like the liberal people in this world demands.

There is only one way to acceptable way justice, eye for an eye or more never less.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If forgiveness was so important to the deceased wife, she should have sought it while she was among the living. She preferred, however, the presumption of innocence to the reality of possibly being forgiven. She gambled and lost. Based on that fact and the odds of fatal overian cancer among women as a whole, it seems clear the secretive adultress was both unfaithful and unlucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The definition of forgiveness, as described in this story, and indeed through most LE stories, is false; a construct used by the perpetrator to gain absolution. The betrayer is never absolved and the betrayed owes them nothing.

What is true, and vitally important to the betrayed, is the definition #3 below. However, the real, and necessary, act is reaching the point where the betrayed relegated the betrayal to the trash heap of the past and sees the person, and act, not worth caring about, and moves on.

That, and that alone brings "closure" for the betrayed-the matter is no longer of any importance hence concluded thus no longer of any importance.

After my divorce it took 5 years to reach that point which became realized with the following bit of wisdom from a "girl-Friend"

"When you first met her, and found out about what she had done, would date her anyway knowing what she was capable of? Would you put your heart and life at constant risk? My answer was"Hell No!

She followed that with this observation.

Would the girl you married ever have cheated on you given the person she was then" Again, NO.

She finished with: "People change over time, sometimes for the best, sometimes not. You're pining for the girl that was and deluding yourself by thinking that is the same person that betrayed you; a perception patently false."

THAT was the turning point for me. After that I was sad for the loss of what she ONCE was and abhored the person she actually was now. At that point she was related to the position of a complete, unknown person dying somewhere else in the world. I wish them neither good nor bad. I, in truth, just don't care. AT THAT POINT YOU CAN MOVE ON.

This brings up the parallel concept in LE; "closure"

Do you really care why or how many times of what she/he did? For the guys comparing dick size is,stupid. Who cares. The central, ONLY, matter of concern is the act of betrayal and the loss of trust that IS damaged forever. Succinctly,"One and done." Further interaction is no longer necessary. HER needs, wants or desires must not enter into the betrayed realm of concern and certainly no sane reason to entertain indulging the betrayer needs. NO moral duty exists for the betrayed. BTB is not really necessary. GETTING AWAY from the torpedoed ship IS the single most important first action for emotional survival.

[Destroy ALL traces of existence in your life, MOVE your living location. Avoid relationships for a year, during which counseling is essential. Then, after you have rebuilt yourself, get on with the business of making a new life.

Sorry, but I had a lot to say and before you say that this will wreck the LW format their are several writers here that take the betrayed down this road to redemption.

Reconciliation, excepting rare mitigating circumstances, is the short road to destruction of the core self.

DICTIONARY

to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.); absolve.

to give up all claim on account of; remit (a debt, obligation, etc.).

to grant pardon to (a person).

to cease to feel resentment against:

to forgive one's enemies.

to cancel an indebtedness or liability of:

CLOSURE

the act of closing; the state of being closed.

a bringing to an end; conclusion.

something that closes or shuts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was fine until we come to the incoherent psychobabble: "Forgiveness isn't a sign of weakness; it's a sign of strength. It isn't about the person who wronged you; it's about you. It isn't about letting someone off the hook; it's about allowing yourself the freedom to put your past aside and move on with your life."

A lot of words that really don't mean anything. No discussion of what "forgiveness" is, or when it may be merited, just some word salad about its alleged benefits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have told all her friends and family

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's not a case of forgiveness, it a case of letting go. To let go one needs to understand what happened. The problem is, I feel he would have divorced her but he lost the chance to deal with it. Thus he only had a hollow victory that left a bad taste in his mouth. As to the email issues, I use MS Office Outlook that downloads the emails to my hard drive. That does not get deleted.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
wtf

forgive a lying cheating whore??? youre crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

??? !!!

sennodensennodenabout 2 years ago

If you use Outlook as a program, not in the browser, mails never get deleted, even in Deleted Items

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. The one thing that nobody mentioned, was why Rogers email was still there, years after the fact. First off, most email programs automatically delete trash. For example, Gmail does it after 30 days. So I can’t see him, finding out this way. If it was pics stored on the hard drive, it’s possible he could recover them with a recovery program. But I don’t know how you could recover, a deleted email. What would have been more believable, is pics and letters that were recovered by a recovery program.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I guess this is as close to a btb you will get from Joe. He believes that all married women should cheat on their husbands, who should willingly become cucks. Not my cup of tea. Two stars.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Forgiveness over betrayal IS weakness. Anyone with self respect can move on and not forgive a transgression.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If drinking causes you to loses all morals and inhibitions then you don't drink... If drinking makes you forget your promises and vows then you don't drink. Most people know by the time they are in their 40's how drinking will affect them. If she got drunk and fucked the neighbor then she made the decision to be in that compromising position.

One drunken fuck in the back seat isn't necessarily what ends a relationship, the lies and cover do.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Good story but a little incomplete, need to fill in a couple of gaps. And a remark by an ANON that he was self righteous and one drunken roll in the hay was forgivable, no it isn't forgivable. Any normal adult that drinks know how it affects them. She put herself in that situation and there is no forgiving her cheating. Who cares why? Marriage vows are a promise, if you break a promise how can anyone ever rely on your promise again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

All or nothing thinking, and basing those thoughts on assumptions and seriously incomplete information, is so damned immature. An affair that goes on deliberately is one thing, but a one-time drunken lapse of judgment is a very different beast. Our Hero reacted like a self-righteous little man-boy and he threw away his chance to learn what really happened. It could have been worse, it could have been better, but he will never know.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I can MAYBE excuse her not confessing immediately, but once she knew she was terminal she should have told him so that he could confront her, ans MAYBE forgive her. If the price of that confession was him walking away, well she earned it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm a little confused here. Bill and Emily went to this party together and at some point Emily was in Roger's car being fucked seven ways to Sunday, yet Bill was completely unaware of his wife's disappearance and Roger's wife was similarly oblivious to her own husband's absence. The only one to witness what was happening stumbled across the scene completely by accident. As our American cousins say: 'go figure'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought the email said they were interrupted an he wanted to know if she wanted to finish wot they started so how do we know wot Phil actually saw the author has left the truth up in the air maybe his wife was date raped an it was only mths later memories of that night came back an hes going round calling her a whore wen he doesn’t know absolute fact maybe Phil fell out with the other guy loads of scenarios

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ariesgirl- If wifey had confessed the next day, there are a lot of ways this thing plays out.

#1. She does not remember getting into the car with him. They take her for a rape test, and drug screening. We find out ole Rodger put a date rape drug in her drink! They stay married. Rodgers next date rape, involves his big roomie in jail. But Rodger is the woman, in that relationship.

#2. Bill takes her over to Rodgers house, and confronts him, in front of his wife. Rodger and his wife get a divorce. Bill gets a separation. They eventually reconcile, but he never trusts her again. The strain on both of them becomes unbearable, and they eventually divorce. However, they both still have feelings for each other, and neither ever remarry.

#3. Wife confesses... That she is a slut, and has been banging 5 other guys, on a regular basis. She confesses it was her that seduced Rodger. But like all privileged, rich assholes, he has a small dick, and she won’t be seeing him again. They get divorced, and hubby gets tested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. So Emily realized she made a big mistake with Roger. If she really felt he took advantage of her in a drunken state, a next day confession to her husband was in order. By hiding it from him, but involving others in her coverup, she only made things worse. AND instead of leaving him a letter explaining her actions, she gives it to a girlfriend, to only give to him IF he discovers her infidelity. Here is the deal. She made her bed, now she needs to lay in it. Either leave a confession to be delivered to him on her death, or don’t do anything. You don’t get to defend, your honor from your grave. I agree, in burning the letter. The Narcissist bitch, does not get the last word.

Great story, it’s a 5!

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Have to say, the image of Emily coming from beyond the grave to try prevent the letter from burning was pretty funny. Anyway, can't fault her actions after the deed was done - tried to keep him from finding out about it, but left a communication in case he ever did. Can't fault him for not wanting to read it, either. How he chose to move on was entirely on him at that point.

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Great story if you want to get slapped in the face with history you can't change. I'm married 46 years with absolutely no suspicions of cheating. Trust but verify was my creed. This story is realistic and gives me pause. You don't know until you you know. At this late in my marriage I don't want to know. But if I did know today, divorce is tomorrow (maybe) (hope not) (naw, no way).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What’s with the people who are defending Emily? Here is the situation. She cheated on him, and involved others in her cover up. She allowed her husband to wipe her ass, and clean up her vomit.

However, in the end, the one thing she couldn’t do, was be honest with him. The author leaves her lack of fidelity up in the air. The burning of the letter, just expressed his anger, at being denied the chance to confront her. Could have been the first time with asshole, but she might have had multiple trysts over the years. We will never know....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too sad, to have your memories stolen by a careless moment.

I’m too close to my end to take any joy for granted, I wouldn’t want my last memories to be tarnished.

5 for making me cry you sumbitch.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Hm, I'm not sure, why there is so much hate against emily.

Yes, she cheated, but it seems there was only on time while she was drunk and an asshole took advantage. It's no excuse, but it explanation.

Yes, she didn't confess. But for what reason should she? Suppose, she she did cheat just this one time and was ashamed of it. Suppose, she really loved her husband then a confession on the deathbed would just hurt him. I suppose, she regretted it and didn't want hurt her husband.

If she confessed, it should have been immediatly after the party and the asshole could have been accused of rape.

I would really like to know what she wrote in the letter.

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

It would appear you have a lot of fans, regarding this particular story! I enjoyed it. The ending was so so but still very good!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

It was five stars up until the end. I guess fucking cunts stick together.

Three Stars

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

really good story..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved the fireplace part. That could have been the ending, but the real ending was great

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love the throwing of the letter to the fire. I hate it that people are always saying "you need to hear her out". No you dont, let them hold it all inside and let it eat them up from inside. The wife should have suffered more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One thing that never ceases to amaze me, is the attitude women have about cheating. If one of their friends is doing it, the attitude is totally different, than if the friend is getting cheated on. I have heard my whole life that guys are pigs, can’t keep it in their pants, etc. But If a woman cheats, it because the husband wasn't meeting her “ emotional needs”, “ too distant” “ taking her for granted” etc. you will never hear her say, “ I wanted someone who was richer, more powerful, or younger” which is usually the case. A lot of times after the divorce or separation, mister rich, or young moves on. Wifey is now just another semi dried up, 45-50 year old, in a sea of them.

And guys who dump wifey for a younger model- well... He gets a few years older, and can’t perform. Even with Viagra. Younger wifey by now, has figured out, he wasn’t as “ rich” as he led to to believe, especially after the divorce of his first wife. So... both sides, are disappointed.

As Rodney King said” can’t we all just get along?” And I final note to women. Stop taking quotes from trashy romance novels, to explain why you want a divorce. Nobody’s buying it. Oink, Oink!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, the correct response is to find out everyone who knew, and burn them also.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
On 2nd read — still brilliant story. Unsatisfying, but brilliant. (Maybe because it’s unsatisfying).

Totally unexpected burning the letter. Even now I feel the urge to reach into the fireplace to retrieve the remains of a charred letter.

5-star & Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Half way right

At least he got some payback on the scumbag. To hell with the dead bitch. Drunk or not, she fucking cheated and karma paid her a visit. He should have just burn all of her shit in a bonfire since he couldn't divorce her or donate her body to science. He should have moved the day after he saw that scumbag's divorce was over. At least being in Florida he doesn't have to be buried next to her. And before anyone responds to me, let it happen to you. Let the bitch have an affair while you're at work - working your ass off for her and HER kids, take you for everything, ruin your credit, tellling everyone that you were just a meal ticket, and laughing all the time while doing it. Real life is where the courts are not fair and the bad people win - A LOT!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
One more time

Old saying that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally is true here. Even swingerjoe wrote a good story every so often. I can recall about 5 all told.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
The Biga Mystery

(pun intended.)

What was in that burned letter? Seems the letter and a potential confession, explanation, or apology, remains a hole in the plot line.

Unfortunately, the author has gone silent since 2019. Otherwise, I might say:

Keep 'em comin'.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Emily doesn't deserve forgiveness, even in death! She's nothing but a cheating whore and her disrespect shows she didn't love him. So the ending ruined the whole story! 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huh?

Read the damn letter!

You are not going to hurt her by not reading.

Read and then wish her a happy slut day and move on.

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bullshit!

Emily was a cheater. And a liar. Too late to do anything about that. But screwing Roger would have made him feel a LOT better. I think he left the picture of himself and Emily in the house when he moved. Lots of women out there for him to love on without remembering the slut. Bad ending for even suggesting he forgave Emily. Just forget her.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 4 years ago
I’m glad he didn’t do anything that would put in jail

Damage had been done and he made himself feel better by fixing half of his problem. The way I see it Roger was a big part of it, the second part was his Emily. Then his wife’s best friend then the guy who saw them. One thing the guy that saw them owed him nothing Roger was just a pig and he already knew that. The wife’s best friend only knew after the fact. Emily no matter how much she drank if wasn’t rape she was wrong. He was right not to read the letter it would have been excuses, he did right to make up his own mind. Lest face it every the writer wanted him to fix was fixed then he moved on.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reading again. This came up on my random spin so I read it again. One of Joe's best stories. I like that the husband refused to read her explanation.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
My sincere apologies!

I goofed, Swinger Joe. Sorry about the CuckoldGuy mix up. I'll have to moderate my intake of Jack Daniels in future. Forgive me, dude.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Nice tale of revenge!

CuckoldJoe

I enjoyed this tale immensely. I thought you developed the character of the hurt husband well with a brevity of language. Sort of reminded me a little of the plot of the Liam Neeson film "The Other Man"....loving wife dies, husband finds evidence of a long term affair with a guy on her laptop. You were able to tell a similar story, but with much fewer words. A great submission...many thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I don't know ...

... why everone hates Emily. From the description she was extremly drunk and Roger took advantage of her. She was ashamed of it and wouldn't socialize with any of the neighbors anymore. She also didn't want to bring any pain to Bill.

Not mentioning while dying can be seen in different ways.

But from her reaction mentioned above she just didn't want to bring more pain in his life than her dying causes. From her description in the story it wasn't herself she was thinking of but her husband.

Sorry for writing as anonymous, but i'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but I don't get support from literotica in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
YOU WOULD THINK

A woman who was sick and dying would want to leave this world without the weight of what she had done to her husband. Confess her mistake and try to leave with a clean slate! Terrible situation at best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Liked this story, but...

You write what you write, but if they were so close, there should have come communication. The hiding was as bad as the act, maybe worse. And a letter doesn't cut it. Loved that he tossed the letter. A bullshit way to ask forgiveness. Yes , forgiveness comes out of love, but that's a two way street. The wife didn't make one mistake, she made two.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Not sure why....

There is so much hating on Emily going on... Cuckold Joe explained it all. Emily was drunk, probably falling down drunk. Roger is an egotistical, narassic SOB who obviously took advantage of Em. Phil obviously interrupted them before liftoff was completed. Roger sent her an email the next day trying to hook up with her again, which she deleted and never responded to. She also refused to go to any more parties or socialize with their neighbors. She wrote Phil a letter telling him how important and dear he was to her because he was her whole life. Phil punished the right person, Roger (although you tube would have taken down the video immediately) and got pay back. Basically Roger raped Emily, she was to drunk to consent, so calling Em names (slut, bitch etc..) indicates you're okay with raping a woman that is drunk.... The real question is why did Phil let his drunk wife wander around and be gone so long that there was time for her to be raped and he never missed her....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How it should have ended

"Thank you, Marilyn. I decided to follow the advice of a dear old friend."

"Oh?" she said sounding pleased with herself

"Yes, and hopefully your husband will be able too as well," I replied

"My Husband!?"

"I just got off the phone with him, explained how you conspired with my wife to lie about her affairs and provide her alibis," I explained

"But it was only the one time," Marilyn spluttered.

"If you say so," I said dismissively, "You lied to me for half a decade so its not like you are that trust worthy. All I did was point out you aided her in hiding her cheating and asked your husband whether a woman oh so willing to help her friends hide affairs might not have a similar arrangement to hide her own?"

"How could you do that to me? I was your friend," she wailed.

"No bitch you were her friend, you helped her cover up her crime and you can have your share of the punishment, now if you will excuse me I have five years of revenge sex to catch up on."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oooooh Hell no !!!

She fucked and sucked and never told him !!! Fuck That !!!

She doesn’t deserve any sympathy just because she is dead. She took the cowards way out with the letter and not allowing him to fire off needed questions and receiving an answer. Can’t do that now.....

He did the right thing he felt as revenge. He did not need the letter which would only leave unanswered questions. He should have burned all her shit in a fire pit in the backyard. Lastly just before heading out to Florida he should drop by the cemetery and spray gasoline covering her grave and only her grave site then lighting it as he walks away. Thus leaving her grave the only one not covered in green lawn.....FUCK FORGIVENESS !!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Catching up

Catching up with some old favorites and came across one , of several, I enjoyed from swingerjoe. Joe could definitely write. He couldn't quite bring himself to burn a bitch, but he burned a bastard or two in his stories. This is second to only "In theAir" in my estimation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Funny, Poignant

Very nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
all of bleeding heart willing cuckolds crying about burning in a letter

She was right it shows strength to give forgiveness, How can you get forgiveness when she didn't ask for it. She died and took the cowards way out. she took it to the grave and she never said one word about forgiveness. And then you task another woman with the job of passing on your excuses for why you do what you did. You want forgiveness after you died you didn't say anything about forgiveness, you didn't even admitted it happen before your died.

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
WHY?

Why is not relevant, nor would ANY LETTER HELP TO UNDERSTAND, especially as there was NO WAY to believe it. We all know why we jump into the back of a car and screw, It needs NO Explanation. Good call on burning the letter!

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Just re-read!

She says forgivness lets you move on. Revenge lets you move on in happiness!

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
So why are so many sorry for the bitch!

A very painful death is exactly what is required for betrayal!

He did everything right till her coconspirtor pissed up his life and made him think he had done something wrong. He should have kicked her off his property, and told everybody that she had supported the betrayal. Make her life miserable!

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Good story

I think burning the letter unread was the best thing to do. He was right, there could only have been meaningless platitudes and excuses, she cheated, end of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just my way of thinking

I don't like stories without a solid ending. The wife was a cowardly cheating whore taking a "secret" to the grave that he could and did find out about with no way of retribution. My memory of her would be and would remain as his initial one- fuck her!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
He made the correct decisions.

Burning the letter was correct. It was a cheap way for his unfaithful wife to explain things knowing that the letter would only to be given to him 'after' he found out about fucking a friend of his.

The second thing he did was forgive her. For his own sake so he could move on with his life. But even with forgiveness, he would carry the scar from that burn the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Disappointed

Throwing the letter in the fire blew the whole story for me.

This story was about survival and reconciliation. It seems possible that this was a one time drunken mistake and he, with great selfish self sympathy, threw the opportunity for redemption and love away....what self loathing idiotic stupidity!

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago
Don’t think,I could have burned the letter.

I would like to know what happened and why. Closure needs facts otherwise the hurt will fester forever and rule the rest of his/her life. Revenge is fine but never enough for closure. What is wife did was bad but never knowing why is the worst to the agreived.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I read this story this past summer...

...and it remained stuck in my mind. I guess that's the sign of a good and original story. Personally, I think he should have read the letter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What forgiving cuck story

A cuck if a story. #NO STARS FOR YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Liked the story

It was a good story but I gave it a one star because he listened to his wife's best friend to forgive her.

The same best friend who probably knew she was cheating and said nothing to him

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'd have called up Marylins husband

and "confessed" to having an affair with her

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good until the expected pussy ending.

Burning the letter was the best part. Should have ended it there.

But noooo Pussyjoe has Bill forgive the cheating cunt. And make amends with the freiend who hid it. Fuck that. Spit on her, call her a liar and slam the door on her.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
There is no justice in the world....

I cannot express how pissed off I was that Emily got to fade away peacefully with her loving husband by her side.

At least he threw her letter in the fire, though that was still too little too late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
it was good

as for the dumb woman that covered up for her cheating friend. she's just not able to give out moral platitudes. you don't facilitate liars and talk about what's best.

he didn't actually agree with her, he just let her nag. women enjoy feeling heard. it rarely matters if anyone listens. he threw that letter into the fire, and I cheered. Good for him! That...is moving on. Reading that letter wouldn't help him, just her ego...and she's dead. She can't even let him move on in peace, she's gotta insert her ugly spirit into things. Let the man fall in love or have sex with someone better than you! And that dumb woman thinks a picture of them left before a move means he still loves her. Gag. Maybe he's saving it for last, have a little ceremony of burning it out back for actual closure.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Telling Marilyn she was a "good friend" was bizarre. Good friends don't help cover up your slut wife's cheating!

Whether or not he chose to forget about what Emily did and put it behind him, he shouldn't have given Marilyn that closure. She stayed quiet, so Bill ended up nursing his dying whore of a wife, then grieving for her cheating ass for years. Years of pain he could have avoided with a divorce...

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHY NOT.....EVERY WHO MATTERS IS GONE AND PAID BACK

now o lonesome me is moving on to Fla, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
White's Chappaquidick Theorem:

The sooner and in more detail you reveal the truth, the better.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
3.4

Decent plot but the abrupt changes took the enjoyment out of it. And yes, the ending was a wee bit WTH?!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ending No good.

Ending no good. I would have told Marilyn that I'll be DNA Testing my kids n will be changing the tombstone to "LYING WHORE". Then tell Marilyn TO FUCK OFF coz I DON'T want to see whores or sluts ( u know bird of a feather flock together). (She'll protest about it)

Then tell her that she knew about her friend slutting around n kept it from him.

Also find ways do deal with phil too. May be fuck his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Cant kill whore wife.

Kill her lover and also ber lying coniving friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What friend?

Marilyn knew the truth a LONG time ago and never told him his wife was a cheating slut. You think forgiveness changes the facts and allows everyone to move on because the truth is now out there for everyone to see? You don't need forgiveness to move on. Only the willingness to move on and put the past in the past. You'll never forget the betrayal, but you can certainly live a life that's worth living without wallowing in the past. This was a complete bullshit ending. Marilyn obviously isn't a "dear old friend". He hadn't bothered to tell her he was moving. So you want us to believe he's all about forgiveness and leaving things in the past? Bullshit!

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
5*

loved it

throwing away the letter was a masterpiece

she didn`t deserve his forgiveness

it wasn`t a mistake drunk or sober it was a concious decision not to tell him about it so she knew it was wrong and didn`t want to face the consequences

her friend was wrong forgiveness for cheating doesn`t cleanse your soul or give you happiness no matter how much you love or loved your cheating spouse

self respect and self worth will set you free not forgiveness

hopefully the wife rots in hell where she belongs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Burning the letter was a lovely twist, I could just imagine his cheating wife's soul crying in anguish as he threw her justifications and apologies in the fire.

I think a stronger ending would have been to contact everyone they knew and coldly inform them of his wife's infidelity, thereby marring their memory of her forever. The wife never apologised to his face and she was never contrite or remorseful with him for what she'd done, so she did nothing to deserve his forgiveness (imo).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...

SIMILAR Stories