All Comments on 'Getting Even'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments
Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Bullshit.

Millions of people drink every day and don't fuck around on their spouses. It is not a reason, just an excuse. He was right. If she had cared for him she wouldn't have done it. If she respected him she wouldn't have tried to hide it. If she hadn't of died he would have divorced her sorry ass.

mazeratimazeratiover 9 years ago
Excellent

Swingerjoe, you just put the majority of the Loving Wives writers to shame. I applaud your story, and would have given a hundred stars. It was well conceived, and balanced. The flow was excellent, and the characters sparkled.

I am surprised you posted this in Loving Wives, considering your disdain for stories of this style being placed here, regardless well done.

I hope you write more in this style. It was a breath of freshness.

Maz

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Pappy7 is right!

Not only do people drink and not cheat, they also do not get into the back seats of cars parked at a party and fuck! That is reserved for sluts and shitheads. Boo Hoo his wife died! Are you kidding me?! That saved him a fortune in lawyers fees! He should have read the letter just for the fun of it, he should have blasted the total lack of logic behind it for her friend to hear. Why not ruin her friends memory of her? A little more revenge!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Well

Hell of a tale. Similar to my own. All I'll say is I dumped all of the friends or acquaintances who knew of her philandering and will never display a picture of the cheating cunt again. For more details drop me a line.

dsthom1954dsthom1954over 9 years ago
O.k.

This was a well written story. I found the payback very funny and fitting. If only they could all go like that.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Www, poor baby found out his wife cheated in him and being the little boy he is

Went about smashing all of his toys.

Of course, if he was a real man, she wouldn't have died either. After all, the author is a firm believer in killing off cheating wives. As if death is a lesser evil than adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
people chose to drink, to get drunk, to cheat, to fuck, to betray, to destroy their marriages

actions speak louder than words. She didn't love her husband, didn't respect her marriage, and didn't respect herself ( fucking in a car at a party really). She was a fool who died a painful death. He at least destroyed the man who helped his wife destroy their marriage, a partial payback. You have to wonder what type of self respect people have that say things, like get over it, forgive her, and she really loved you (she really loved her lifestyle, she was a whore paying her husband with her body for her lifestyle). To bad she had died with him still loving her.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Bullshit...Not the story...

Bullshit...Not the story...What is bullshit is what his wife's friend told him: ""Forgiveness isn't a sign of weakness; it's a sign of strength"...This is a saying from cheaters...A sign of strength was his wife to have confessed what she did many years ago...Not even in her death bed she confessed...I'm sure he would have forgive her. So he was right to get revenge and not to read what she wrote...Another mistake from him was to consider her friend a "Dear old friend" of his. If she was a friend she would have advise her death friend to confess her sin...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pappy7 said it all

Unless you are Whack-A-doodle . His or her take on this story seems to come from someone that seems to have experience in the art of cheating or is just a plain moron .

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Forgiveness

The woman plainly loved him deeply. Any fool can hate. It takes a man to forgive and this dope took way too long.

kelchakelchaover 9 years ago
Enjoyed The Story

Thanks.

How many can remember something they did while drunk and it still shames them? I certainly can.

The revenge was top notch.

Would hve given top score if allowed.

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

I'm with impo on this. The true sign of weakness was her hiding the truth and then writing a note to "explain" after her death. And even then confessing IF he found out. Well written though, rushed to the end. Why, when and how did he come to forgive?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Enjoyed the story and suitable revenge on the asshole.

Hopefully, the slut died a painful death. Too bad, he never got a chance to confront her cheating ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From Duna

@Author It is a good Revenge story BTB Burn The Bastard. I wrote in my blog on other storycollection: We amatour authors can use others ideas if in our story it works better (or wronger). Yes FrancisMacomber's excellent idea the escort girl usage for "Honey Trap" is worked well here again. But FM's story is a skyscarper to this.

I am glad you wrote a BTB story and I appreciate your comment where you wrote to approve the share the LW into two new hubs.

BTW I had given 5*****

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Terrible Ending!

First of all, drunk or not, she gets into the back seat of a car with a sleazeball at a party that her husband is at!

Next, she waits till after she's dead to "confess", denying her husband the opportunity to either forgive her or go tell her to go fuck herself.

After the first visit, he should have told Marilyn to never talk to him again. She may have been Emily's best friend, she STILL should have told her to either tell Bill, or she would! If Emily REALLY loved Bill, she would have trusted enough in HIS love to confess, and accept the consequences.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
good story

I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not at all what we would expect from you, Joe....

But then, I suppose that is why you wrote it.

I might spend my time wondering if this was another social experiment writing exercise for you; dissecting the probable reactions of this volitile LW audience.

However, I gave up trying to decipher your motivations, and decided to react to the story- plainly on it's face-value merit.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise, I liked it. Revenge as a hook, emotional hubby wronged, karmic justice administered to the memory of the cheater, lesson delivered to a couple of "friends" who chose to keep the confidence of the wrong person. Yes, this story had alot going for it. It was well done, efficiently produced, and packed a punch with a clear message to think twice about the pleasure dervived from calculated revenge AND the importance of the healing power derived from granting forgiveness for those who "trespass against us".

If this was just a creative writing exercise for you Joe, I think that you must have achieved your goals. It just might make it harder for people to slam you in comments section confrontations, when readers are forced to recall that good old Swingerjoe DOES have some writing skills of his own, and just MIGHT know what he is talking about afterall.

Congratulations! And thanks for your contributions as a vocal member of the LW "family".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good! 5 Stars!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. You captured the emotions clearly and the pain the main character felt. Please continue writing with this level of passion.

Alaska84Alaska84over 9 years ago

Loved it! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

smmhomesmmhomeover 9 years ago
Excellent - 5*

I liked the angst... I liked the revenge... I liked the moving on...

It's not about the cheaters... It was about Bill... He got his justice; he got his peace; he got his happy memories back (even if there is still some pain when looking back, he can look back and find reasons to smile again); and most importantly, he gets to move forward and live, find new joys, make new smiles.

Really well done.

Cheers

amyyumamyyumover 9 years ago
Original and entertaining

the two most important qualities for a story! Thanks.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
Unsettling.

It's well written and is quite interesting. It just leaves me feeling uncomfortable and unhappy, which makes it a good story. A story that stirs emotions is a good one, even if the emotions it creates are not so good. It's so hard to get closure when the other person is dead.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Man, what a good story...

... Should have allowed ratings. This one would've been over the top.

cpetecpeteover 9 years ago
well done

Nice tale with all the elements of a good story. 5*****

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 9 years ago
5*

I like it - a lot.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 9 years ago
Well done

Great short story. Well written. Complete in every way. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1*

A huge pile of shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I didn't read anymore after the first page. I hate that this place is mostly all cuckold stories but one thing I despise more then cuck stories is when the wife dies before the husband discovers the affair. I mean I absolutely DESPISE these kind of stories so I won't vote on it either way.

thebuffalothebuffaloover 9 years ago

As a general rule I am not particularly fond of "revenge" tales. At least those that involve sexual fidelity. It's never considered sexual fidelity to be a "deal breaker." Sex isn't a diminishing natural resource. If you use it, you won't lose it.

That said, I enjoyed the read. It was well written and the writing is what it's all about.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Clever Revenge

Sister-in-law was correct - forgiveness benefits the forgiver. Good story - had the stars been there, I'd have pushed 4 or 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The ending was too quick

He was so angry, so hurt, he never considered reading his wife's (almost) last words, yet it is turned by Marilyn's one paragraph. Really?

<P>

Yeah, I guess it CAN happen that easily, but after all you wrote expanding on his anger and hurt, after all you spent on him plotting his revenge and stewing, you just took a quick and easy out. It's as if you were thinking, "Ya know, I want to make him a nice guy again, I want to make him forgive his wife, but I don't want to be bothered with actually showing any of that. I know, one brief kick in the pants from someone and he'll be right as rain. Yeah, that's it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good but sad story 5 stars!

After reading your comments to other stories, I didn't expect to read this kind of story from you. I can believe that a loving wife could be taken advantage of while drunk. Emily wasn't a drinker and he remembered how drunk she was years later. He failed his wife by not protecting her from his predator neighbor at the party. She made sure that it never happened again and cut off all ties with the neighbor and was a faithful, loving wife till her death. What would he have gained by knowing her secret? She tried to protect him from the pain. I liked the revenge plot and the wife's friend's advice. You did a great job of conveying the pain suffered by the cheated spouse. I think that he should have read the letter from his wife. Thanks for your work. I'm surprised by the many negative comments. I think they are wrong.

Reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Re. "ending was too quick"

The surprising reveal at the end of the story wouldn't have been possible if the author had taken the reader along for the months-long evolution of Bill's emotional maturity. Does anyone really want to read about his inner turmoil during that time? Or is it more rewarding to discover his transition along with Marilyn?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Anonymous "Good But Sad"

What would be gained by him knowing?

I don't know, maybe the opportunity to forgive OR get revenge.

Either way, the choice should have been his!

And if you believe that nothing is to be gained by him knowing, then why tell him post-mortem? Even if it was only intended for when he had already found out, but if she was concerned about that, then she owed him hearing it from her own lips.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@KarenE

The ONLY outcome of telling him about what happened, while she was alive, would be hurting him badly. And for what gain? So she could feel less guilty about keeping that secret? How selfish would that be?

If you ask me, she didn't tell him because she loved him, and didn't want to hurt him. She didn't "owe" him the opportunity to get revenge on her. She owed him her unconditional love and caring for his well-being. She screwed up. We can assume she felt terribly guilty about that. There was no need to make Bill feel terrible, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Afraid of abandon! No love!

@ Anon Stangstar06 has a story. The husband nursed the wife with her cancer examply. The wife became healthy and she cheated on her husband. He left her, when the wife got cancer again and he did not go to her deadbed............

The wife was afraid her husband did not nursed her only! She did not want to die alone in a ward...................

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A 5* Classic story

Thank you. We need more like this.

7daysuntil7daysuntilover 9 years ago
Decent story

The wife deserved to die. She should have never cheated. No matter what the excuse is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I must agree she owed it to him to tell him because now he can never be sure how many times or were there others. He also had to live with hatred now and think about how many people knew and he didn't. Obviously the other neighbor knew , her friend also knew and maybe many more for all he knew. He should have read the letter and if she was really not wanting him to find out than she should of made sure that all was deleted even if it meant getting rid of the computer. It is so much worse finding out later on knowing all those years you were made the fool. Every thought and feeling he had about their life was changed forever, What a shame. What about his kids and I don't feel the same about the forgiveness part he's innocent and she's guilty period

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
Sorry for your loss of a l......

Life is cruel to the living. Just ask Rodgers wife. I didn't understand the last statement? I hope I go quick when its my time. I almost have a clear conscience.

R I P. Nothing can change once you are dead, so let it go. Sorry I started to belive myself for a moment, ( or a story ).

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
DUMB and NOT correct. Thats not what forgiveness is

Forgiveness is NOT about saying "its ok... or .."we all make mistakes"... . yes the concept of forgiveness is powerful but its ONLY about the person who was wronged .

Bill moving on and letting go of the pain and hate and uncertainty is for HIS sake. The cunt whore wife? she can burn in hell.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
Excellent story...

as I knew it would be. I enjoy all your submissions and your comments to others along the way. I completely agree with your thoughts about the ratings and comments on here. There will be those Anon readers who won't be please with any story. If you like a story, and it gives you satisfaction, post it and don't give a flip what other's think about the character's morals. I always try to give constructive criticism and point out things like editing and grammar problems, only to help make better problems. IF I would pick a star rating, it would certainly be 5 stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
Burning the letter .. the right thing to fo or an immature act?

The reader TWENTYSEVEN says the following mindless stupid assertion..."The woman plainly loved him deeply. " What part of this is clear and obvious ?

In fact the WIFE writing a letter and having it delivered to him after she is dead is a active extreme prejudice disrespect and hate. The wife's best friend Maryland obviously knew about the affair and was carrying out the wife's wishes with regard to delivering this letter to her husband ...IF and ONLY IF... he had found out that she was fucking the next door neighbor, Roger.

But the problem is that the wife's actions and the letter raise more questions than answers. No matter how warm sincere or heartfelt the wife's letter... BIll could not possibly believe or accept ANY explanation from the dead wife at face value . The wife had hidden her fucking around with Roger for years.

For example suppose the wife said it was just 1 time . How could Bill possibly know that with any sort of certainty? Bill had found 1 email ... but that doesn't mean there were no other Emails. Perhaps it was one time or perhaps just a few. The point is that bill has no way of knowing this

.

When Marilyn claims that his dead wife really did love him... and Bill responds that he doesn't know that to be the case anymore ... it comes across as childish and immature. . He is an extreme agony because his entire life and marriage -- very existence as an adult has been shattered and he is no way of talking to anybody about and fixing what happened.

The story would of been a lot better if he had a chance to explain this to Marilyn

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cancer and revenge

two ingredients that make a good story crap pity you are a good writer get your head together all revenge stories are for wimps and are very un sexy

the only saving grace is the forgiveness part

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I have mixed feelings about the ending

On the one hand I was laughing thinking of the utube image of Roger running around the parking lot. And happy that he was made to suffer for one of his dalliances. Thereby giving Bill a little bit of revenge.

On the other, I have to wonder what would have happened, if, instead of taking the time to confide in her best female friend, and writing an "in the event of" letter, just in case, she had just sat down with Bill, poured out her remorse and regret, and asked for his support and forgiveness.

After all, it was not an event that occurred in a bubble, we know that at least her friend Marilyn and the other neighbour Phil knew, but not Bill and Chelsea.

I guess that is the sign of a well written story, it makes you think.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
swingerjoe

you should have allowed voting on this one

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story but the editing needs a little work.

Interesting story, but the end was a little rushed and you need to keep track of your characters especially at key points in your story so you don't mix them up as you did when Bill throws Emily's letter into the fire and "Emily" leaps from her chair.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 9 years ago
Congrats!

SJ,

Great story! Really enjoyed the way you showed Bill fears and torments through his dreams. (a concept that's in a story I'm working on as well) Also really loved that you took on a really difficult scenario: The betrayed party only finds out about the betrayal after the guilty are gone. Very very hard to get any closure!

A couple things:

1. Loved that Bill through the letter in the fire! A continuation of Bill's thoughts about "what could the letter say?" If Emily wanted to help heal him.. then she should've come clean. It would've been a much greater sacrifice on her part to have to bare the blunt of his anger and pain and disappointment. THEN she could've at least been in the position to help him heal.

"Bill, I love you," Emily said, smiling sweetly. "But honey, you need to face the truth." "OOPS! my bad, the truth as you know it, Bill!" Several months of feeling guilty and knowing the end was coming and yet... silence.

As it were, she was just trying to cover her bases. Also there is NO way she could've answered all the questions he would've had in just one letter. Usually a letter like that is mainly to make the writer feel better. IMO

2. The forgiveness speech. I doubt Bill would've been able to listen to Marilyn when she admitted that she knew about it too. If he reacted to Phil that way, his reaction to Marilyn would've been WAY worse. (she was a close friend after all)

BTW Unforgiveness is like poison to the soul. Rarely, and I mean RARELY, does it ever damage the guilty party more than the wronged one. That's why I love these stories! Watching how an author sees their protagonist find a way to move on! Revenge, Total Nuke, RAAC, etc.

Also SJ, would've given it a 4*, possibly a 5*.

DFWBeast

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Excellent story

I loved this story. I skipped over this one at first because it seemed like a BTB story from the title. I just happened to look at the author and decided to read it. I'm glad I did.

I do believe in the speech that Marilyn gave, but I feel like she wasn't the one to give it. She was too close to the situation to give that speech and have it heard.

I am also with the other commenters in questioning the wife's character. Instead of coming clean (on her death bed no less) she did what any non-repentant cheater does. She waited until she was caught to come clean. While she gets sympathy because of the cancer, she was still a dishonest wife.

As crazy as this situation was, it was probably the best thing for him. It gave him something to redirect the pain of his wife's loss on. Instead of dealing with an enemy that he had no defense against (cancer) he was able to focus on a more tangible foe. Roger gave him an outlet.

Also, he was able to forgive his wife for something that she did wrong. It's hard to be angry at someone for dying. People do it all the time. They feel abandoned. On top of that, they feel guilty for being angry about that. The fact that he could change an illogical anger into a righteous indignation freed him to feel what he felt with no guilt.

As fucked up as this sounds, his wife gave him the best present that he could hope for when she cheated on him. She gave him a way to get through his grief.

5 stars for an excellent story filled with emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Question

What do you think dear reader fellows? If you got the knowledge of the cheating that time when the wife got the diagnose of cancer you would nurse her with full heart?????????? StangStar06's answer was not!!!!!!!!!

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Thanks .

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More than just wang and tang

I enjoyed your story! The way it was written allowed me to ride the emotional waves! The anger, joy, and empty grief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It looks like he made the best.....

.....of a really shitty deal.

Marilyn was right, in that after wifey died, it was too late for "corrective action", or any other action than the ones he took. It was an interesting way to get mister push-dick caught...I mean, where does one find a doppelgänger for his departed wife that also happens to be a hooker, and use her to catch mr. big britches "en flagrante delecto", with such pristine timing?......well, it is a fantasy, after all.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 9 years ago
5 stars

Good read but i'd sure like to know what was in the letter or what the deleted voice mails and rexts said that we read about in other stories.... Kinda like pages ripped out of a book.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
5 stars

a few thoughts. i really liked that he didnt read the letter. also that he decides to move on. i get so tired of reading how a husband spends the rest of his life alone. this to me is worse than the cheating. plus i liked his revenge, make it public. embarrassment is a really good revenge on its own. also i like that he let phil have it, if a friend knew about it didnt tell you. then thats not a friend.the a great story.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I wonder if Bill would've left Emily if he had known about her cheating when it happened. I think he would've stayed married to her.

Harsh61Harsh61over 9 years ago
Faith & Trust

A very nice and touching story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
First time...

This is the first time I have read one of your stories. Very intriguing. Your storyline kept me engaged enough to read it until the end, which is something that I rarely do in this category because so much of the other stories are just crap. Thanks for sharing your story.

Your writing style was successful in that I could empathize with the protagonist.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Moving on

Would be burning the letter and the pictures, cutting all her friends who knew about her cheating and kept quiet about it out of his life and going on as if his marriage had never happened.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Particularly this line:

"I never got a chance to confront her," he stated in the same calm tone. "And now she will never get a chance to explain."

Very poignant and spot on. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
One more point ...

while the friend had valid points - people do make mistakes and one drunken slip doesn't mean she didn't love her husband - she chose to never confess to her husband. Yeah, she wrote that passionate note immediately after her fail, but the confessional note waiting in the wings was only to be delivered in case hubby found out. He did the right thing in not reading it. Anything at that point would have been hollow. It would have been more noble to have a death bed confession. This comes across as if she was continuing to hide it, and even carry it on. Bad choice on her part. Most people who regret something, have to get clear their conscience. Apparently, she didn't. Maybe she didn't have any regrets.

oldwayneoldwayneover 9 years ago
Loved it!

Torchthebitch forever!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
It's too bad swingerjoe doesn't allow this story to be scored...

I would have gladly given it 5*'s. This is the first of his stories I've read because I always figured he would write about the swinging life-style and that doesn't interest me, but I found this very well done; both writing style and content.

I'm going to have to read more from swingerjoe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have to admit

I did not expect a story like this from Swinger Joe. Burning the letter was a powerful moment - and entirely justified. I was also happy to read about Bill eventually letting go of his anger and hurt. Thanks for a great story, Joe.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Baloney

He would have slammed the door in Marilyn's face. BOTH times. Good thing Swinger didn't allow voting. This would have gotten bombed. Too bad they don't allow negative scores. This was less than nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Don't Think So ...

What is this? Only let him know if he finds out about it? What he doesn't know won't hurt him? If his wife was as loving as her friend claimed and it really was a mistake, she should have come clean the next day after it happened. Hiding it until after she was gone was the cheap way out. He was correct the first time. If she didn't tell him about it while she was alive, no one could expect him to forgive her with an after death explanation. End it after he burned the letter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Re. "Don't Think So" (and others)

I've seen a few people now make the same comment that the wife should have told her husband about what happened.

Why? For what possible purpose?

She had two choices: tell him or keep it to herself. One of those choices would cause her husband devastating emotional pain and suffering. And you all seem to believe that would be the "loving" response? Seriously?

Why tell him? So she could rid herself of the guilt? That sure seems selfish. So she can give him the opportunity to "get revenge?" That's idiotic and childish.

Why destroy a marriage and a loving relationship if it can be avoided. It seems to me that she did exactly what a loving wife would do.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
GETTING EVEN ISNT ALL WHAT PEOPLE THINK

sometimes it is better. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Why was she a selfish?

@ Anon the cheating women have selfish behavioral. If she told him her husband suffers once only, because he does not help her during cancer. He would have been a happy day her funeral.

In this case he suffered twice.

1. He suffered to see his wife's struggle against the cancer and at the funeral etc..

2. He had the second pain when he learned her cheating.

If she told him her cheating he could divorce he could avoid to nurse her during her cancer and her funeral would have been happy day for him.

He would have suffered once only at the cheating, so now he suffered twice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Re. "Why was she selfish"

So, you're saying that the husband would be happy to see his wife die of cancer?

You're a real sick fuck, you know that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@ My answer

@ Anon You have to read Stangstar06's story "Cancer"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
To anon re i don"tthink so

I wonder if this happened to you would you be able to practice what you preach

carbinemastercarbinemasterabout 9 years ago
good story

I loved this story. One thing bothers me, though, and it's a common theme all across the LW genre. The cheating spouse almost always says"it was a mistake," or something like that. Or a friend of the cheater will say "human beings make mistakes." Yes they do. Bouncing a check is a mistake. Serving red wine with fish is a mistake. Cheating on your spouse is not a mistake, it is a choice. It's a conscious act of betrayal for which there is no excuse or defense. If something in the marriage makes you unhappy, you should talk it out or seek counseling. If nothing you try works, then divorce is the final option. But cheating is never acceptable. And before anyone asks, no I do not believe that the spouse who was cheated on has the right to cheat.

When it comes to forgiveness, I agree at least partially with the author. Forgiving the cheater does NOT mean you condone what they did. It also doesn't have to mean you get back together with the cheater. Forgiveness just means that you release your hatred and negative emotions. It really is about you, not the one who wronged you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved the story.

Hated the ending. A true wife doesn't put herself in a position of being so drunk that she would let just anyone fuck her. There is no explanation for her behavior. Her friend is a bitch for keeping her secret. Why do cheaters think that the 'No harm, no foul' rule always applies. If he would have never found out, would the letter never have been delivered? Just a mistake? Forgetting to take out the trash is a mistake. Falling on the neighbors dick can hardly be considered a mistake.

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Not enjoyable

Too dark and dismal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
:-)

Karma is a bitch , isn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
you should kn ow dear annony your

wife left your sorry ass

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
kudos

Karen E....you hit the nail on the head. I would have preferred he found out a few weeks before her death. He could have told her that Karma is a bitch and to enjoy her painful descent to hell, by herself. He could have walked out the door and not come back. His fucked up wife never gave him the chance to forgive. No forgiveness. No dear old friend..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@ "kudos"

You know, comments like that one are so incredibly revealing about the person who made the comment. Imagine being so insecure, so petty, so jealous and vindictive, that you're incapable of accepting a momentary lapse in judgment. Imagine believing that you're so perfect that you can't even relate to someone making a decision she immediately regrets. Imagine being so cowardly that you'd rather lash out with revenge than have the strength to forgive.

I truly feel sorry for whoever made that comment -- and others like it. I can't imagine how miserable their lives must be.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Re. "I would have"

I can't explain what a disappointment it is to see so many readers miss the entire point of this story. I dedicated this story to "betrayedbylove", and yet he, and those who think like him, completely missed the point. I really feel sorry for those guys.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 9 years ago
Generally, I despise cheaters

But, in recognizing people's humanity, I realize that people make mistakes. Sometimes monumental mistakes.

I don't blame him for getting angry. A knee jerk reaction. Although, measured against the balance of their relationship it is, not inconsequential, but excusable. He probably had doubts about her fidelity throughout the marriage but Phil's and Marilyn's words, after contemplation, probably allayed that fear. I assume from his reaction that Emily had made every effort to show her love for him.

This is a good example of why drinking more than a very little can be disastrous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hate will kill you

Life is for the living. He got his revenge on the living. Seeking revenge on the dead will only kill him inside. In forgiving her, he sets himself free to remember the love between him and his wife, and sets himself up to love again. He let the hate he felt go, and freed himself from the prison he'd created.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THE BAD THING ABOUT GETTING EVEN

is the word Worse, It just don't fit. TK U MLJ LV NV no stars available.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry how does anyone excuse themselves from committing adultry?

its and act, something that has to be done, drunk? Why did you drink that much? Wrong place? Why not at home doing what you should be doing? and on it goes, anyway to not accept responsibility for your own actions. Raped in your own home while sleeping, yes that one excuses it. I was seduced seems to be a popular one, well if you had done what you were supposed to do and been where you were supposed to do, you couldn't be seduced. Forced, blackmailed, wow did you immediately report it, file charges, tell your husband, if not who can believe your story, I wouldn't!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What?

What's this bullshit about forgiveness?

Do they think it haunts you if you don't forgive someone? It really doesn't. You just forget about them and move on with your life. That's really all there is to it.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
Gave you a 5 for effort and

content and for pissing off the asshole annony,The biggest CUICK on here. His wife wanted out of his their marriage she didn't even ask for forgiveness. She just wanted to be rid of his dumb nasty small cock ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Forgiveness? What a crock!

You don't need to forgive you dead, cheating slut ex-wife. All you need to do is move on with your life and he is doing exactly that. Fuck the slut. Just put her in the rearview vision mirror. This was epically stupid. The only decent part was when he outs Roger in the parking lot. That was good for a small laugh. The rest was just drivel.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Turned the voting off did you?

Well you get a 1 from me. That bullshit about her being human and humans make mistakes. Well they do but a decent human doesn't fuck a neighbor at a party. Cheating on your spouse is a choice you make, mistakes are something that happens accidentally. So I call bullshit on this and the dumbass bitch friend of the wife's. If it was so important that he know, but only if he found out on his own, then it would have been important enough for the cheating bitch to tell him about it in person and not try to explain it from the grave. I agree with him, fuck her and her friend and the dumb assed advice excusing the slut. Move away and forget about the whore wife and wondering how many times with Ralph and how many others. If it was ok once why not a bunch. On this stupid site even a BTB story turns into a cuck story in a heart beat. Not a weakness to forgive, it is a strength. Pussy.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
5

great story! If annony hates it the story will be good you can count on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
meh

pity the bitch died before burning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Gave you a 5, even with voting off

Good portrayal of emotions. Ignore the short-dicked unemployed woman-hating white trash. They don't have women, they don't have jobs, they don't have futures and they will soon die and be forgotten , unloved and unmourned.

gmann57gmann57about 8 years ago

Pappy is a moron, Yes sometimes people do get fucked at parties, Sometimes theres a date rape drug. I cant stand ignorant people. Anyway Joe your story was great, I lost my wife 2 years ago to cancer and that part alone you captured the emotions and the strength of the dying person like you've been through it as well. Thank you for sharing

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Retribution not Revenge

Retribution is justice, it is punishment for a crime. Roger got his retribution. It was appropriate. Emily never received retribution or revenge. Cancer got her. Bill cared for her through her long illness. He did his job he was a loving husband. His reward? He got to find out just how much his wife lived him. Drunk or not, a person knows what is right and what is wrong. She expressed the extent of her love for her husband when she climbed into the back seat of the Lexus and fucked Roger. Bill was left with the tarnished memories of a cheating wife. He had to live with that pain. Sadly, there is nothing she can say that will speak louder than her actions. The truth is the truth, denying it will only cause more pain. The best thing to do is to forgive her for being a lying cheating slut, and forgive yourself for not realizing it long ago, and to move on. He might re-carve her tombstone to reflect the truth and her legacy. Otherwise he is best to move on and find some lonely old sluts that he can fuck knowing exactly who they really are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hmmm

Hmm the wife get to go scot free...

Change the tomb stone inscription Bill..write Cheating slut...instead of loving wife... and go pee on her grave every year on her death anniversary...

Should try to find out how many friend knows about the affair then seek retribution against them also..Bill should have fuck Roger' s and Phil's wives. And any other wife of their friend knowing about the affair...should have fuck..Marilyn too rape her Ass...coz she knew and kept the secret.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
50/50

****

It was pretty average until the "Forgiveness is not weakness" part. That's what raised this from a low *** story. I'm not giving Emily a pass by any means, and Rogers price was perfect. But the rest of the story was just...just the rest. Filling space to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Bill needs help

The nightmares are part of it. He cannot punish or inflict pain on Emily over what was(by the story) a one off. One could interpret it as a near/rape. He cannot take it out on her so he attacks her memory. He is attacking his own mind, its eating him up. He has no longer any of the the happy loving memories. Everything is poisoned. And honestly he did it to himself. This man will be miserable for the rest of his life IMO.

Good quick read

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
JUST A STORY

It's a story if you get excited picking apart simple stories you must have fits looking at TV and the movies. Relax just enjoy the reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

Well the simple truth of the story is. as my grandmother once said keep your love one away from drink and friends, make sure they dont have idle time to things that would shame u and u dont do things that would shame your love one.and u might make it to grow old together, if not im sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
AND THE FUCKING EXCUSE MAKERS ARE BUSY MAKING LEMONADE AGAIN.

From her husband's point of view, if she sucked Roger's cock and fucked him once, it's the same as if she let him fuck her every time her husband went to work and left her alone because he doesn't know how many times she actually fucked him or how many other men she fucked during their marriage. All he does know is that the woman he loved and took care of on her deathbed had been UNFAITHFUL to HIM.

He threw that piece of shit list of excuses in the fire place for exactly the right reason. But what would have been better would have been if he'd sent the email that he found on her computer, along with her list of excuses (the entire manuscript in burned envelop) to everyone in their families and to everyone they knew. In doing that, he could also expose cowardly Phil and anyone else who knew about and covered up for her and Roger fucking each other.

"Love of her life" in deed. (( "This is for ME??" she asked Roger... giggling, as she licked the long length of his cock and then took it's massive head into her mouth and began sucking it? What a genuine 'sweetheart' wife she was!! A prize of the first order.)) She was just another fucking whore who cuckolded her husband and didn't get caught when she could have been punished.

If only he could have found out and crushed BOTH of them.... and THEN the cancer hit her like Fate's Justice to strike her down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Everything was good until...

The last few paragraphs. Trying to rationalize her cheating would be the same old lines. 'He doesn't mean anything to me. I only love you. I was drunk and he took advantage of me. We can get past this. It was only the one time.' And a host of other 'Oh my god. I've been caught' lines. There is no way he can believe anything she has written. He was right to burn it without reading it. I agree with another reader, let everyone know what she had done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
1328 Followers
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...

SIMILAR Stories