All Comments on 'Getting Even Pt. 04'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 2 years ago

Good ending to the story.

1thaiguy1thaiguyover 2 years ago

You missed a few places for interesting sec. There used to be some interesting nooks in the underground to union station including at least 1 in union station lol

At least you chose a city with a winning hockey team for relocation.

Hoping there is more.

BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

Another wonderful story

sixlashessixlashesover 2 years ago

Very nicely written. I enjoyed the depth to both Ben and Kira. Real people; real life. Unfortunately, Anita is real life too. Complex enough to provoke interest, but tastefully concluded. Great narrative.

coloradoexilecoloradoexileover 2 years ago

Excellent as usual. You remain the best writer on Lit and I eagerly anticipate every post.

pcman1950pcman1950over 2 years ago

As a former ‘Pegger, thanks for a fine story. Wonderfully written.

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

Great story, though for the MC I'm a bit surprised he went for the revenge sex string of events. It was the lowest point for that character. In effect he became the lead asshole in his story by lowering himself to that level when the opportunity existed for him to simply say. "No, I'm not interested in lowering myself to that level."

Then again my friends all tell me I'm the closest they've seen to someone who is Lawful Good. So maybe that has something to do with it.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

Good story...

Damn, Anita is sure a head case... She's lucky Millie is willing to *be* her friend.

I mean think about it, Anita fucked with two of Millie's friends. That's the kind i'd thing that makes you *stop* wanting to be someone's friend.

"We cleared the air." she said. - Kind of would have been nice to have fly-on-the-wall *that* conversation...

CPauloCPauloover 2 years ago

Brilliant ending to the story. Absolute winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it. I love a good love story and it was super with all the twists and turns and side issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupendous story. Ben may have been played up as a bit too much of a super stud but overall, a lot of reasonably likable characters except for Anita and his nemesis. I will look into other stories from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. This was the first of your work that I have read. Now I'll have to check out the rest of your work.

TalonDCTalonDCover 2 years ago

This one was lighter than most of yours, but is was still highly enjoyable. I was a bit surprised when you put his douchey enemy in the hospital through a revenge beating. That seemed out of place and wish fulfillment in a story that was otherwise one of your more grounded. But still FIVE stars. Thanks for continuing to post here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Good story line

Your whole series was a good read until the end.

The last of the series tied everything in with a bow on top. I graded the rest of the series a good read 3 stars. However, I did something I don’t normally do. I rated the last one 5 stars. I believe that it was that good

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 2 years ago

Yes . A rare mature and successful relationship . With a happy ending . Well done . I loved it .

ohioohioover 2 years ago

Just wonderful! A great story from beginning to end, and very well written. I had not read your work before, and now I am a big fan.

Thanks, ohio

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

This was really good. Kira is the sort of woman that is like bedrock. You see a small rock outcropping above ground but don’t realize how far below the earth the rest of the body stretches. And Anita is really 6 eggs short of a dozen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As always, a damn fine job, even if it was just a quickie by your standards. Looking forward to your next endeavor. Cheers! 5 stars.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Interesting and entertaining story. I've never met a 'pleaser' and I've always been a litttle introverted but also self pleasing the way I grew up. Anita definitely needs some counseling as she has kind of warped view on how relationships should work. Overall a good story and kudos to the editors who helped.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 2 years ago

Overall, I enjoyed the story arc and how you decided to end it. You know I enjoy your writing with few exceptions. I don't think the overall ending with Kira was too "convenient," nor too "neat," as it's clear Kira was his best choice and they established a firm understanding to move forward together; this especially showed when Millie returns with Anita, ostensibly to give Anita a chance to make up or at least clear the air. Kira and Millie squaring up was rational, although Anita wanting to tag along really didn't make much sense at all--but they handled her very well as a couple.

The Brynn angle, while initially reasonable (wanting to get revenge with his worst enemy), quickly devolved into a free-for-all (not the word I wanted to use), where after maybe 2 trysts it exceeded reality. While someone could argue Brynn constructed further pretexts to keep the affair going, there's no way the average reader could suspend that much belief to say "well, Duncan REALLY deserved being screwed with like that"--especially once you reveal he got off on it anyway. Why continue? That, coupled with unhinged Anita, resulted in one less star. What that could/should have been replaced with was some conflict with Kira over screwing Brynn that much, as I don't care how good the reason was...there was no reason to jackhammer like that. At the least, Kira should have needed some time to think, some time alone to sort out her feelings and Ben should have been punished for going to that extreme.

So, still solidly concluded, mostly plausible and a good story addition to your "chops." 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Dumb narrator

Thanks for ending this one quicker than the magic story. A dumb narrator is fine if they figure it out quickly. Not really a fan of the past few stories but 5/5 because overall your work is great.

FumblingGazeFumblingGazeover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it once again, always look forward to new posts from you. Not likely to end up on my favorites list, but a very nice, straightforward romance with its own unique flavor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh, what a love story, voluptuous in every way but not over bearing. Your gift for romance, story telling and character development is outstanding...! I also really liked the pace of the story and the fact that you did not inflate it with ambiguities and irrelevant detail.

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikeyover 2 years ago

Man - that was one hell of a story. If you ended it there I get it……but more would be great as well. Thank you for writing it.

dnajesterdnajesterover 2 years ago

Good story was looking forward to more high jinx but a solid ending. Can't wait for your next story.

kvalentinekvalentineover 2 years ago

Though this lacked most of the sci-fi/fantasy/historical/geeky elements I enjoy most from your writings, this was a good story. I can definitely get behind the message too: in a romantic a partner, a person's personality and character matter far more than having common interests. This can be a difficult lesson for many nerds/geeks, who are particularly passionate about their hobbies and interests.

I had mixed feelings about Anita showing up in the Epilogue, but either way the story had a solid resolution and felt finished. In the past, concluding the story has been something of your Achilles heel as a writer, in my opinion. "Just a Little Magic" and now this, have broken that pattern.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely loved the story.

Would have liked to hear a bit more about why Carla did the striptease (sure seemed like you were leading somewhere with that) but other than that I thought all the pieces fit together very nicely.

bagmanstevebagmansteveover 2 years ago

Loved this series, a good length too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Always a Good Read

You're always a good read, and it was especially fun to read a story set in places I know. (I was unaware that the Red River - Assiniboine River skating trail was officially longer than the Rideau Canal.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You wrapped things up so well. I had my doubts that anyone would be able to end this tale cleanly but you nailed it. I was so happy that Kira and Ben ended up together and living together. I believe that Millie puts too much trust in Anitas sanity but I have a feeling that if Anita does enter therapy then Millie will finally understand that her friend is seriously broken and isn’t looking to be fixed since she thinks that everyone else is delusional and she has life’s answers. I was also somewhat bothered that Marco and Luke didn’t remain friends with Ben since none of this was his fault and in reality, he did nothing wrong or hurtful.

I look forward to your next piece of work as I am sure it will be another treasure to be savored.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It‘s kinda funny that I expect every girl you describe as really beautiful in your stories to be ticking time bombs at this point after reading a lot of your works, that will go off at some point showing something nasty. The odds on that are pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I just discovered this story and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all 4 parts today. Until I read this, my favourite story on Literotica was The Bridge Club. This is now my favourite story. You are one fine writer. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kira is so precious and adorable! She's what a GOOD men need in women unlike how women these days turned out to be. Men said never stick your dick in crazy. Then women also should never put something bad inside her pussy.

Angela_HAngela_Habout 2 years ago

Apart from the action with Brynn, which I found to be too far fetched, I thoroughly enjoyed this story - so much so that I read it through in one sitting. I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, and you gave me one of those as well, thank you.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

So in the end the Beta Male hooks up with the Beta Female? Makes sense to me, though why it deserved 4-5 chapters is a mystery? I have nothing against Beta personalities per se but taking such an in-depth look at their mild mannered plod to mediocrity seems too much like literary torture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’d like to address some lame comment about beta male and beta female… this story is a great short read. The characters don’t need to be label. Perhaps if so-n-so didn’t recycle misused trigger words and sought reading material More to their liking we could support the author we like without dragging down the ones that we don’t.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Became very invested in your characters. Very engaging!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just read this story for what must be the 5th or 6th time, since it was published. It's not too deep a story, but it keeps touching me every time!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This didn't go the way I expected in the first part of chapter 1, but the setup for where you took it was very good. It was a great story and you earned those 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Amazing story. So many aspects and characters can be utilised properly with proper plot maybe, there should be a sequel with few years of time skip

AmbivalenceAmbivalence5 months ago

"I... I wanted to apologise, Ben...."

.

"Why?"

"Huh? Why what?"

"Why do you want to apologize? It doesn't *sound* like you mean it; and you're not acting like you are sorry in that it seems you're exhibiting the same behavior."

(Shocked pause)

"So, again, why?"

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Great Romance, l thoroughly enjoyed it

Scores 5/5

oldtwitoldtwit18 days ago

I really enjoyed it, as I said on an earlier part some of it seemed to be just you writing to show off what you read or have some knowledge on, but this part wasn't like that.

I found the ending just lacking that bit of a spark that the rest of it had.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Getting Even Series Info

SIMILAR Stories

Drive 
4.82
1k
495
Sales Team 
4.83
3.8k
858
I'm 51 
4.83
747
581
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
609
More Stories