Ghost Detectives Bk. 01: Discovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I don't think I will, not tonight, it's been a long working day but I do like tasting different cheeses. Can we take a rain check until tomorrow night?" Buying herself time to prepare for what she needed to do. "Are we ready to go Frank?" Chantelle knew her power over Frank had been effectively muted and to fight further would do damage so could wait another day.

Chapter Twenty-eight

Carolyn left early the following morning needing to get back to talk with John and James about her next move, leaving a note telling Frank she'd see him at the Silver later that evening. When she arrived at her house James was still in bed and it didn't take her long to slip her naked body next to him rubbing her vagina against his leg, kissing his ears, face and neck. He opened his eyes and looked at her and slowly kissed her mouth.

"You ring my bell better than any alarm clock." Cupping his hand around her breast, his mouth moved downward finding her hard nipple teasing it with his tongue as she masturbated using his leg to gain the friction she needed. Her hand moved downward circling his penis massaging it slowly up and down, while focusing on her own orgasm.

James needed more speed, placing his hand over hers moving her hand faster to meet his rhythm. He felt her body stiffen, her moans grew into a crescendo of grunts and pants filling the room with sound and his life forming release rose to conclusion, spraying over her. She rubbed her hand across his chest. Her face followed bathing her cheeks and mouth with his liquid gold mesmerised by his smell and feeling the wetness against her skin.

"You are on form this morning," he beamed, "what a way to wake a man up."

Rubbing her nose over his chest, she said, "I haven't finished yet, I have a hole with a toothache and I need it filled."

Chortling, he whispered into her ear, "turn over, my drill works better from the back." She turned, arched her bottom and James locked his hardness into her wet pulsating receptacle, pumping another orgasm out of her and they stayed locked together and dozed into slumber.

It was near midday when the three of them sat down to talk. Time was running short and they needed to bring everything to a conclusion over the next few days before it was too late. John had been occupied collecting and collating evidence on the associates surrounding Frank and Sandra which was ready for release to the appropriate authorities believing he held enough evidence to blow the lot out of the water. The only loophole was Frank Ellis. His exposure would lead to the uncovering of the three women but Carolyn wanted them, if possible, to come out of this unscathed. She would also be exposed if Frank stood trial which could ultimately lead to their downfall. He also felt that Courtney had suffered enough over the extortion paid to her blackmailers and with the death of Simon, so the only sure way out of this morass was to take out the two main players and expose the rest of their operation.

It was still dangerous moving along this route but at least he could control when and what information would be released to the authorities. Knowing they risked long prison sentences, Frank and Sandra would try to cut a deal and throw the blame against each other, something he couldn't allow to happen. He asked Carolyn to contact Frank saying he would be in the area and would it be possible to meet up with Margaret.

"I want to be there as well," insisted James.

"You need to focus on Frank in the other dimension and need to rest for a day or so and let us sort it this end. William and his agents will be milling around so I can't see any benefit of you being there."

"John, leave it, I will be at the Silver tonight."

"Having you there alone just watching us, why?"

"Love, no more justifications, I will be at the Silver tonight."

"I knew you'd say that," grinning. "When I phone Frank about John, I'll mention he is dining with an old friend and would it be possible to find him a partner for a one-nighter, that way you'll be at our table."

John wasn't comfortable with her suggestion but soon came around. "Alright, but you two haven't met before, otherwise the others will ask questions about how well you know each other, so you are strangers, agreed?"

Sandra, in the other dimension, had been muted but John felt uneasy about Frank. He was still active there and if he killed him here it would go against the timeline of history; aware of the illogicality, something would intervene to stop it from happening and that could be their undoing, especially if their doppelgangers were convicted and spent years in prison. He knew death contracts would be out on them and their doppelgangers would never live to stand trial, which would impact here to maintain the balance. Asking Carolyn to make up a drug potion, his thinking was morphing in keeping Frank alive until James had concluded the problem in the other dimension.

That evening John and James were two of the first to arrive at the Silver and sat together on bar stools and were talking to the barman about inconsequentialities. An hour later he recognised William entering with another person who sat at the other end of the room without acknowledging them.

John ordered another drink. "I'll have a gin and tonic."

"Margaret," he beamed, "I didn't see you come in."

She kissed him on his cheek. "Side door sweetie, Frank said you'd be here tonight and I'm with you."

John introduced her to James, her eyes opening wide. "Two eye candies here tonight, I should be so lucky. Someone else is going to be fortunate tonight," she giggled, her syntax faultless.

"We could have a threesome," James said with a cheeky grin.

"Throw that thought away," laughed John, "the only way you'll be sharing Margaret is in fantasy."

He closed his eyes, "I can see it, I can..." she burst into laughter, giving his arm a light punch.

"Pain and bondage, I love it."

"Is your sister here?"

"Later, she's having dinner with Frank somewhere."

"Some woman your sister, worth a packet, home grown wealth, I'm told."

"The way you ask I think you should date her tonight," he teased.

"Frank likes her, he's covetous with your sister and I've never seen him like that before."

"I thought he had another benefit friend, what's her name?"

"We try to keep away from her and she's had different names over the last few years. She turns up for a while and it's weeks before we see her again. I think she's a relative of his and a business partner. They sometimes stay together but I don't think there's anything else between them," shrugging her shoulders, "could be mind you. Normally she's with a big dark skinned guy and she likes to have threesomes both with men and women," she blushed.

James nudged John and looked toward the door as the four of them entered making their way towards their reserved table. John waved, Carolyn waved back, muttered something to Frank and walked towards them kissing John on the cheek and acknowledging Margaret.

Turning towards James, she said, "Elizabeth, and you are?" holding out her hand giving him a sly grin.

"James, pleased to meet you," taking her hand and kissing it.

"My, you are forward, she giggled coquettishly, "come and join us, leave your drinks, the waiter will get them."

They walked over and took seats at the table with James sitting next to Chantelle and introduced himself to the group. Frank waved at a woman of around twenty five to join them. She walked over and sat next to James and introduced herself as Diana.

"A friend of Elizabeth?" asked Chantelle straight in with a question.

"A college friend of John, I knew he had a sister but first time for me to meet her is tonight. I must say she is a stunner, almost as beautiful as you."

She smiled. "You know how to make a girl feel valued," brushing her hand down his arm. "You have something of the Adonis about you."

James gave her a broad smile. "I'll play Adonis and you play Aphrodite and see if we can find our own Olympus and look down upon the world from high."

She stood and held out her hand. "Come, dance with me."

"I should first ask your husband, I would hate to offend."

"Manni is just a friend. Do you mind?" she said in mock diffidence.

"Go, shag her on the floor," he laughed, "she's partial to a few fingers in her," chuckling.

Manni!" she shouted at him, "decorum or I'll wash your mouth out with soap," pointing her finger at him smiling as she made her way towards the dance floor holding James' hand. "Take no notice of him," said Frank. "He's harmless enough, a loquacious fool but handy for business."

The others watched. Not to be outdone Manni grabbed Margaret's hand and led her to the dance floor palming her bottom with his hand, demonstrating his dominance as a show of ownership.

Carolyn leaned over and whispered in Frank's ear. "I think Chantelle has the hots for James, I hope Manni doesn't take umbrage."

"Manni has them two and three at a time, besides, if he's on Chantelle's menu tonight the poor guy won't stand a chance."

"He's set up with that Diana woman," looking towards her.

"If she's in a mind to, she'll join them, you don't say no to Chantelle and if you know what's good for you don't cross her. She's powerful, wealthy and an extremely able woman, you are a lot like, anyway she likes you."

"I like her also, she knows what she wants and goes out and gets it. He's got the physique to take the two, but he's not my type, too smooth and quiet for my liking, besides, you cover all my wants. My brother will take Margaret tonight, one is more than enough for him, thanks for sorting out his friend."

After the four dancers returned, James asked Diana to dance. Her profession, as expected, without her saying it, a prostitute. When they returned, Margaret was sitting on John's lap and Chantelle had taken Diana's seat and gestured her to sit next to Manni. Immediately James sat down, Chantelle started talking with him, touching his leg and arm and within five minutes was seated on his lap.

"Later, we are back at my place for a late supper, or if you like an early breakfast. Her hand moved down and rested on his crotch for a few seconds before removing it, making sure James had her message without ambiguity.

He needed to play it a little dumb. "Just us two or will the others be coming back?"

She raised her eyebrows and smirked. "Don't you think I'm enough?"

"Put it this way, I'm hungry for supper, breakfast and even lunch."

"I may take you as far as tea," she grinned.

"Sounds delightful, I love a good chomp."

Frank said, "all back to my place, I'll order a mixed takeaway of Chinese food." This was the opening they needed.

"I could do with something to eat, what do you say, sis?"

"If Frank say it alright, fine by me. James?"

"He looked at Chantelle, are you alright with it, I could do with a meal."

She didn't look happy but nodded agreement. Manni, who was always hungry, said to make sure there was loads of barbecued ribs with sauce. Frank called one of his people asking him to order a large selection of food and for him to take it to his flat in an hour and he would meet him there.

"I better dance with Elizabeth will you mind," said James.

Frank laughed thinking, this one is special, naïve almost certainly. "Go, have a few dances, I have no problem with that."

On the dance floor Carolyn whispered to James, "I'll lace the ribs and within half an hour they'll be out of it so don't eat any of them. The witch has taken a shine to you and got you in her sights. Can't blame her, that's about the only thing we have in agreement."

"We can't make Manni and the two prostitutes disappear as too many people know of us and them. The cameras here will have a record of what we look like, our pathetic disguises are hardly up to standard."

"Let's secure them first and take it from there. Manni will not wish to stay the night and when he goes we need to make sure he takes Diana with him back to his hotel. John will handle Margaret and he can easily sort out the cameras here even if he has to burn the building."

"Frank told me Chantelle intends to give you a sexual workout tonight as a kind of first run. I know she'll be more than impressed." Grinning at him, how she would love to nibble his ear and needed all her will power to hold back, even a little bite would raise a red flag and knew Chantelle was watching her closely.

He grinned at her. "Tell me something I don't know, she has made it clear what she intends to do but she and Frank will be out of it long before that happens. I still feel uncomfortable with us committing cold blooded murder."

"Those two have no such scruples."

"We are not like them. We need to get back to the table."

As they sat down the loquacious Manni was talking loudly and had his hands up Diana's skirt making it obvious his fingers were inside her. She didn't say anything but her face registered disgust; even prostitutes have standards and Manni's fell way below. Frank stood saying it was time to go, the food would be at his flat in the next fifteen minutes.

The party was a little rumbustious when arriving at Frank's flat as the food was laid out on the table for everyone to help themselves. Chantelle went to the drinks cabinet and poured drinks, leaving the glasses on the table and sat on James' lap picking at the food on her plate. Manni was eating and pawing Diana at the same time in a disgusting show of brinkmanship, feeling her between the legs and using the same hand to pick up his food, eating it and smelling his fingers with exaggerated animation.

Carolyn was on full alert and kept looking towards John as if saying, I cannot, without causing suspicion, place anything in the food. John's eyes moved to the drinks cabinet and back to the glass he was holding in his hand and she gave him a little nod of understanding. She stood, topped up their glasses, having first doctored the bottle, pretending to top up John and James' glass, sat back on Frank's lap, kissed him, handed him his glass and he took a sip.

Music, dancing and drinking were soon underway with lots of bantering and groping. Chantelle straddled James, ignoring and not caring what the others thought or saw; she had the hots for him and what she wanted she always got.

The plan was taking shape. First Manni, being the most gluttonous and largest drinker, dropped onto his chair and was soon out of it, it looked certain he would be staying the night. Next the two women followed by Chantelle who fell off James' lap onto the floor. Frank unsteadily stood and staggered heading towards his bedroom holding Carolyn's hand. Reaching his bedroom, he collapsed onto the bed. She took his shoes off and lifted his legs up prostrating his body, returned for her bag and administered a paralytic injection into the arms of both Frank and Chantelle and moved her limp body to the other bedroom, guaranteeing they'd be out for at least the next twenty-four hours.

They all rested for the next few hours letting the others wake naturally. The first to stir was Margaret followed by Diana. Carolyn handed both a cup of strong coffee telling them she had woken about ten minutes earlier and Frank was still out cold. The three of them talked for a while until they left, John and James keeping out of the way faking sleep. The next one they needed to get rid of was Manni and she administered a rehydration injection but knew it would leave him with a headache. Within the hour, he was awake drinking coffee and blustering about trivialities complaining about his aching head so she gave him a few tablets with a glass of water.

He asked about Frank and Chantelle. Carolyn told him both were asleep and did he want her to wake them. Shaking his head, he said he needed to be on his way as he was flying back home that evening and would see them in a few weeks. After he left they went about cleaning up the flat and later caught a few hours sleep.

It was just past lunchtime when the three of them sat around the table discussing what would be their next move. John voiced his concern stating what happened here must also match in the longer term what happened in the other dimension or there would be unknown consequences.

"Committing cold blooded murder makes me uneasy."

Carolyn looked at James for a few seconds. "I will do to the witch as you did in the other dimension. Keeping her here for a few days will prove no problem. Have you a list of the drugs used?"

He nodded and handed her a sheet of paper from his wallet. "You will need to get them, most are easily available and you will see the mixing proportions listed. The injections must be administered over three to four days every few hours."

"To be safe you need to do the same with Frank in the other dimension. At least by us holding him here Courtney will be safe."

"John, I'm not convinced, he could already have someone lined up waiting to carry out the assault. We know the time and date and you must get two agents to watch her fulltime from now and up to the assault date and for a few days afterward."

"I need to get back home and sort what's required over there which will take a few days."

"I know she doesn't always show it but Carolyn is frantic with fear over you. The last time you were gone for a few days she was mad with worry."

"Don't you think I know how she is feeling but what can we do? If we fail to sort things in the next few days our lives are over, we'll be disgraced and spend years in prison."

Late afternoon Carolyn returned with the drugs needed and mixed the required dosage. James informed her he had to return home and go through the window to complete what needed to be done, asking them how they could expect to keep Frank locked away for a few days without causing alarm.

"I will go to the Silver and tell them we partied all night and Frank had too much to drink and is sleeping it off and he asked me to call into the club and let them know he'd be away for the next few days. Chantelle won't be a problem, she disappears for weeks on end and just turns up unannounced.

"What if they come to the flat and wish to speak to him or both?"

"I can handle that if it comes to trouble. I'll just show them he is sleeping and not disturb him. James..." she stared at him with uncertainty. "I'm afraid for your safety going after Frank over there, you are not trained to undertake such work."

"I promise I'll be careful. Come on, love, if I don't go back we all know what will happen. You are in equal danger here. We need to stop this once and for all and close them down."

"In the other dimension, do to Frank what you did with Sandra. Carolyn, as you said earlier, call at the Silver and lay it on thick that Frank is ill and in a few days after we treat him, we let him go. As for Chantelle, we take her away and let her loose in some town with no identity and she'll end up in some asylum, locked away for ever out of our lives. I can't see anyone tracing her. I'll wait a few days and release the evidence and we just lay back and let time and tide take its course."

Chapter Twenty-nine

James left them at Frank's flat, made his way home arriving late that evening and prepared himself to go through the window the following night. He sat in his chair, still unsure how to handle everything. What happened in one dimension would over time happen in the other, perhaps not in the exact same way, but it would happen and the imponderable uncertainty had him worried.

If he killed Frank in the other dimension and he was still alive here it could do something to change the course of history in the future. The other dimension would force an equalisation and that could cause catastrophic realignment and destabilisation to such as extent the clash back into equilibrium could destroy both dimensions causing untold billions of deaths so the only safe course was to do the same to Frank in both dimensions.