GianCarlo Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cecily fell to the ground next to the cooling corpse choking on Durante's seed. When she could breathe she gave a small smile, "Thank you, Monsignore"

# # #

Durante could hear his mate humming softly to herself somewhere in the maze of her garden. With the full moon shining particularly bright that night the garden bloomed with deep violets and sapphire blues. Analise had been so happy since begetting his second child. She smiled more and left joy around the house like fingerprints that no amount of money persons or power could duplicate. Analise reminded him of fresh veal cooked over ancient hearths and the vineyards of his youth. She reminded him of why hugs were so important, and other things more human. She reminded him of the beauty of the mundane, though he could no longer feel them himself.

Though Analise has been the happiest she had been in years every so often she mourns her first born almost out of habit. Or so it seemed to Durante. Those were the nights she reminded him of what he'd become a ruthless, insatiable monster, searching for something he couldn't name.

"Ciccino," Analise said as Durante walked up behind her, "I was wondering how long you would watch me."

"Well, you are a creature of beauty to be gazed upon and admired," Durante said wrapping arms around his smiling wife, "Here I had come to put a smile on your face only to find one already residing there.

"How had you planned to do such a thing?" Analise asked as Durante's hands settled on the small bump of her abdomen.

"I'd come to take you to see your first born."

Analise froze in his arms. Yes, joy bloomed in her just like her garden of night blooming flowers, but fear bloomed too warring with her joy. The fear kept her silent for much too long.

"You don't wish to see him?" Durante asked slowly.

"Yes, more than anything," She asked quickly in case he was inclined to retract his offer.

"Wonderful" Durante said once Analise flashed him that smile that reminded him of their glorious first week together. "The sooner you are ready to see him the sooner you shall."

Analise hugged him; a sincere one full of awe and gratitude. That was when she smelled the unmistakable coppery scent of adrenaline rich blood. Analise leaned back and tentatively peeled away her husband's collar revealing the blood smeared at the base of his neck. He had recently killed, the blood was not his own certainly. Analise couldn't help but wonder what other horrible things did Durante do before coming to kiss her every night. She looked up to find his gaze hard but his lips still smiling. Analise knew better than to question him.

"Seems as though I have to ready myself as well," Durante kissed her forehead and turned on his heel leaving Analise uneasy about the night ahead.

# # #

Delia awoke with a splitting headache, queasy stomach, and dry eyes. She had cried herself to sleep on the floor, woke up, and cried herself back to sleep. After repeating once more she dragged her leaden body to the bed for a few more bouts of sobbing and melancholic slumber. Lord only knows how many times she woke up, and yet every time she never felt rested. How long had it been since Gian left? When was he coming back? What would he do, what would he say when he did come back? Will he come back? What would she do if he didn't come back?

The questions had to stop they led to tears and despairing sleep. Delia pulled herself up, her back aching and joints popping from hours lying on the ground. Delia found her phone checking the date and time. Her stomach dropped and finger went cold. It had been just over a day and half, no missed calls or pending text from Gian. Nothing.

Her heart began to feel like a stampede in her ear getting closer, getting louder. Deep breath. That calmed Delia enough to assume, enough to hope Gian was with Stefan. She could kick herself for what she said to Gian. Delia might have pushed him into relapse Delia was sure of it. No! He had to be with Stefan, He had to be! Gian was strong; he just went to Stefan to cool off. Flashes of Gian's incoherent drug induced diatribe on her mother's living room floor scared Delia enough to dial Stefan's number.

Delia impatiently paced as the call connected and began to rang. Suddenly she heard a knock at the door. Ring-ring the phone went Knock-Knock the door went and Boom-boom went her heart inside her chest. Delia's appendages went cold with fear.

"Romano," Stefan answered.

"Please tell me that's you at the door," Delia said softly, pressing her eyes closed against her impending panic attack.

Stefan sighed, a grim sound, and Delia almost caved to her anxiety. "Where is Gian?"

Another set of knocks at the door mad Delia jump out of her skin. Heart pounding she was too afraid to even speculate who was at the door, yet something buried deep down, something new, a type of intuition she had no idea she possessed told her exactly who it was. Gian's parents. Her sudden conviction in the knowledge scared her as much as the consequences that she faced. If it indeed was Gian's parents at the door the ancient vampires already know she's there, picking up on her erratic heartbeat. Gian used to tell her how he could hear it from every inch of the house. He said it as though it was a comfort to him.

Delia stood frozen, "Dee!" Stefan had shouted over the phone bringing her attention back to him

"Yes," She said softly.

"Hide! Mask your scent, calm your breathing, relax and stay safe I'm coming to get you."

Delia unthinking nodded. She knew none of that mattered at this point. His advice was useless. She couldn't see how they would know who she was but they were talented enough vampires to realize that she wasn't their son walled up in this room. Delia's eyes darted around the room, thinking. Thinking that she had to get out and she had to do it now. There was a way she just had to figure it out. Think! Delia heard the heavy front door slide against the hardwood floor as it opened. Her heart stopped. Time was up!

*****

P.S. Durante's scene was a small peek into what I'm currently working on. Love it or hate it let me know in the comments or via emails, until next time kisses and hugs.